PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Pursuit Escape Exploit (The Heat is Off made easy)

Go to this part of the map and locate the jump onto the train tracks.

There's a glitch where the cops can't make the jump to follow you onto the train tracks. You can start a pursuit, jump on the tracks, and evade the pursuit by driving out of the pursuit radius.

You can also increase your heat level by parking on top of the tracks where you can still be seen. The cops can see you and continue to increase your heat, but they won't be able to bust you.

For The Heat is Off trophy, you need to escape at each individual heat level (one through six) and it will unlock. You'll likely have already escaped lower heat levels if you've already been playing the game awhile, so it's probably faster to start at 6 and work your way down. So start a pursuit, get to heat level 6 and escape. Start a new pursuit, get to heat 5, and escape. Repeat for heat 4-1 until it unlocks.

Last edited by bs000; 11-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.
bs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for posting this, along with the map the video. Someone I played online with last night mentioned this, and it's a very similar tactic to what you could use with the "bus stop" glitch in the original Most Wanted.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Frostbite

frostbite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Oh THANKS for posting this!! Amazing!!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have had a cop get up there, but yea, works very well.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmm, that has some serious potential. I'll have to give that a go for sure. I know I need Level 6 and maybe Level 5. Can't remember.

Either way, thanks for the post.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #6
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip! When I first read this, I thought you had to get to 6, then get on the tracks and couldn't do it to save my life because of the amount of cops. But now that I know I can just chill at the top and get my heat up, this will be a decently easy achievement. Sickness!

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Baron Sqwelch

Worked a treat...got my level 5 and 6 escapes with ease!! Thought that cheev was going to really be a killer!!

Now if only I could remember the way to get to that point during some of the ambush missions i would be set!
Baron Sqwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
catbhoy

catbhoy's Gamercard
Please Sir, take bow
catbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I would suggest starting at level 6 and work in the other direction. Most of us shouldn't have a problem getting the lower level pursuits - it's the higher ones that are difficult. I started at 6 and only had to go down to 4 before the achievement popped.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
chrishaney23

NY Yankees 23 2's Gamercard
This does work. I did this a few days ago. You gotta watch the one end of the tracks though (obviously not the end that you jump off). The cops sometimes will circle around and come from that end. I had 3 get up there at once! As soon as i saw the lights I floored it and crashed them out immediately.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
I just pulled it off. It worked like a charm. Turns out I only needed to escape from level 6. This was a quick and easy way to get the achievement.

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
mkim316

wutdafeezi's Gamercard
Haha that is awesome! I'm going to try this tonight

mkim316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
mkim316

wutdafeezi's Gamercard
The part where you parked your car and sped the video up. How long was in real time?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
juniorvarsity33

juniorvarsity33's Gamercard
I just built my wanted meter up to 6 by taking out cops in the area by rings where Subaru spawns. Then jumped up there and let my meter go down. Got more sp that way.... But yeah. Same effect...
juniorvarsity33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkim316 View Post
The part where you parked your car and sped the video up. How long was in real time?
Lieeek 10 minutes. I made a sandwich. It is faster to get a bunch of takedowns but I'm sure people can figure that out themselves :P. I just wanted to show what you can do and make the video as short as I can.

I never had cops follow me up while making this. But it did happen today while I was doing ambushes. Easy enough to turn around and take down the one or two that may follow you up. You can also drop down and take the jump again. Seems like the faster you're going, the more likely they'll be able to make it up with you.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #16
mkim316

wutdafeezi's Gamercard
Wow that was so easy! Best tip out there! Haha thx

Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #17
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
Thanks for the method. Worked great. Got Rim Shot easy as well by popping my tire up on the tracks while waiting for the heat to go up.
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Lemon8

Lemon8's Gamercard
Thx, worked great. I only had one left to do, so start at level 6 and work your way down to 1.
Lemon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Nice one. Method I've been using so far when I am bored of the cops is to head for the Jackpoint above the P in Map on the pier. Drift in circles around the building there and ram the cars for points. Re-enforcements gets stuck on the main road outside the circle and I get more points doing it.... and its fun.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
I tried this way and it worked very easy....
Nice tip....
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
Stufin135

Send a message via MSN to Stufin135

tbs stufin135's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Achievement didn't pop for me, started at heat 6 and worked my way down. did 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, haven't done 1 because I am pretty sure I have escaped hundreds of those. Don't know why it's not working, guess I'm going to have to retry.

EDIT: For some reason finishing a Most wanted race and escaping the Heat Level 1 unlocked it. I don't know why that did it since I had escaped hundreds of level 1's before.

Last edited by Stufin135; 08-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Stufin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Another tip for escaping. If you click both thumb sticks it shuts off your engine and speeds up the cool-down process.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote