Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
AltarofPlagues

AltarofPlagues's Gamercard
1000 Club...Yet still playing.

So, who maxed out the achievements for this, but still play it?

theres a lot of games where you get the most of it, then never play again. for some reason, even after getting the 1000G for this, im dragged back into it again. Even started a new character the other day.

whos playing the DLC?

Might need a hand with Manus and Kalameet at some point, never see any summon signs there and both of them own me.

even at SL 144!
AltarofPlagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
LeafRaider

LeafRaider's Gamercard
I still play it every few days. It never gets old in my opinion. I've 1000/1000 and got platinum on PlayStation 3 and still play both so you could say I have a problem.

8th of January 2011: The little black box entered my home.

Cheers Rajeanero for the sig

Several months later: I haven't let the damn controller go.

I am willing to be apart of a Forza 2 speedring race or if anyone could help me with this, just need that 1million credit achievement to be motivated to finish up the timetrials and that

If you're going to add me then at least send a message saying why. I'm not going to accept random friend requests.
LeafRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I got my 1000gs back when the game released and I still play it regularly. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time.

It will make me very sad if FromSoftware stands by their "no more souls games" statement. They did say that before the success of Dark Souls so we can hope. They also said no DLC and no PC version back then and we all know how that turned out.

Success will make liars of us all!
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Baliano

Xx1337SniPerzxX's Gamercard
Yep, same here! I started playing in September and after 1000/1000 I just couldn't stop playing. I built a new character, continued to level my original character, and am now thinking about building another. There's only a few games this generation I can say that about. Oh, and I've just started Demon's Souls too.
Baliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNuS View Post
I got my 1000gs back when the game released and I still play it regularly. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time.

It will make me very sad if FromSoftware stands by their "no more souls games" statement. They did say that before the success of Dark Souls so we can hope. They also said no DLC and no PC version back then and we all know how that turned out.

Success will make liars of us all!
They have said in no uncertain terms that there is certainly scope for them to continue the series in some capacity.

OT: I've had the 1000G for a while now and I enjoy as much, if not more, now than I ever did. It's brutally addictive and my favourite game of all time.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervius View Post
They have said in no uncertain terms that there is certainly scope for them to continue the series in some capacity.
Like I said, after the release of Dark Souls, but before they recognized it's success, they stated that they were done with the souls series and moving on to other things. They also stated that the game was staying as is with no dlc.

All this changed when the game sales proved massive interest. Flip-flop ensued! This is fantastic news for us fans because if they changed their minds about dlc and a pc version, then perhaps they changed their minds about being done with the series.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #7
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
I completed this too long ago to remember. Since then, I have played this more than quadruple the total hours that I put into it while going for my 1000g. I have yet to stop playing this outside of little mini breaks and I don't see any change in sight. I'm addicted to this game now more than ever.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
I completed this too long ago to remember. Since then, I have played this more than quadruple the total hours that I put into it while going for my 1000g. I have yet to stop playing this outside of little mini breaks and I don't see any change in sight. I'm addicted to this game now more than ever.
Amen good Sir Ghost!

It's amazing that such a small title has this much replay value. If I had one selfish wish it would be to go back and experience the first terrifying playthrough again.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
DR4Z

DR4Z7IK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNuS View Post
If I had one selfish wish it would be to go back and experience the first terrifying playthrough again.
I made a thread a while back saying exactly this - I do still crave that initial fear factor which no other game has managed to create.

On topic: I got my 1000g back in March (ish) and have clocked up over 500 hours across my main character (317) and various PvP builds of 149, 84, 80 and 60

Been dark wraithing pretty much solid for the past 3 days with my new build - over 240 wins since 2nd November with 53 indictments so far
DR4Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR4Z View Post
I made a thread a while back saying exactly this - I do still crave that initial fear factor which no other game has managed to create.

On topic: I got my 1000g back in March (ish) and have clocked up over 500 hours across my main character (317) and various PvP builds of 149, 84, 80 and 60

Been dark wraithing pretty much solid for the past 3 days with my new build - over 240 wins since 2nd November with 53 indictments so far
Ladies and Gentlemen, the proverbial bad apple in every bunch.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
DR4Z

DR4Z7IK's Gamercard
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the proverbial bad apple in every bunch.
Hehe, just finding ways to entertain myself....I've helped countless people with this game....now time to spread some fear which should be part of anyone's true DS play through IMO
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Hehe, just finding ways to entertain myself....I've helped countless people with this game....now time to spread some fear which should be part of anyone's true DS play through IMO
I see lots of long term players going Dark Wraitth as time passes, I lie to think they've spent so much time in Lordran they've gone Hollow
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
Terransheep

Terransheep's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRaider View Post
I still play it every few days. It never gets old in my opinion. I've 1000/1000 and got platinum on PlayStation 3 and still play both so you could say I have a problem.
in the past there's no achievement, u can play as much as u like... so u got no problem...

so yeah i think i belong to this club too, finished all achievements and still playing just for the fun of it. I'm at NG+8th. I'm only lv 216, which I think I'm a bit low in 8th playthrough... I wonder why... I killed all bosses but not darksun, he's a bitch :\

Terransheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh no, I get you. Just having a little fun at your expense.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
I've had it 1000 G'd for awhile now, but I still play every now and then because I have a few friends that play.

Feels good I suppose, the game is a masterpiece after all.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
DR4Z

DR4Z7IK's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh no, I get you. Just having a little fun at your expense.
Maybe get together and have a round or 10?

GT: DR4Z7IK

Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #17
Ivalice Alliance

Kenshin EvoX's Gamercard
I got Platinum on this on the PS3 version last December. It took about two months and I just recently got this for the 360. Will be getting 1000 in this too
The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
- Quoted from A.J. Durai
Ivalice Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
lordskorrkeeper

lordskorrkeeper's Gamercard
I ended up getting 1k on my NG++ from my first character made, love this game also still playing it, I am even uploading some videos of NG++ with my new elgato game capture which I am loving. After this play I might and want to make a second character and try a different build. I cant get enough Dark Souls lol I could play and watch it all day. I wish the DLC had achievements but I still enjoy this game with out them.

*My new Youtube channel is SKORRK33P3R wanted a fresh start for HD gaming I am playing with settings and lighting etc it's a WIP but enjoy.

First Video nothing special but fun to watch and play.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got my 1k in the month it first came out. And I'm still playing it The PvP is awesome in this game. Lots to do, and all the different build options to try out. Also, the PTD edition brought some new life into the community. Constant invasions and getting invaded at the same time in mere minutes is great!

My favorite activity is griefing other players. Punishing the sinners, cleaning the forest ganker trash and some random PvP against twinker assholes in the Ganker Burg

323hrs played so far. At least that's what my Raptr profile is showing
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
xEl Boricua

xEl Boricua's Gamercard
just get all achievement ..but i still playing just invading people..( payback)
xEl Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #21
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
I got my 1k in the month it first came out. And I'm still playing it The PvP is awesome in this game. Lots to do, and all the different build options to try out. Also, the PTD edition brought some new life into the community. Constant invasions and getting invaded at the same time in mere minutes is great!

My favorite activity is griefing other players. Punishing the sinners, cleaning the forest ganker trash and some random PvP against twinker assholes in the Ganker Burg

323hrs played so far. At least that's what my Raptr profile is showing
Wow, I really afk'd this game a lot then. I have 368 hours on my first character and haven't had the game nowhere near as long as you.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I got all the achievements a few days ago and I still find myself playing this game. I recently created a pure strength/vitality character for two-handed weapons and I even named my character Conan. Not sure if I'll use him for PvP purposes, as I already have my other character for that (Full set of Elite Knight Armor +10, Balder Side Sword +15, high dexterity and strength, and a few superb pyromancy spells for those players that love to hide behind shields). I won about 45 straight invasions in the Undead Parish.

I'm having an absolute blast with this game even after having acquired all the achievements.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Its fun invading people, I roll in with level 130 wearing full Havel and wielding my black knight sword + 5. Fuckng slaughter people who aren't prepared for a fight. I got one guy so mad he had 2 friends hop on just to protect himself from my constant invasions.

attacks from people I got today barely phased me unless I was being careless.

Even more fun waiting for invasions and having my strong attack all nice and ready to dole out tons of damage

Last edited by KillerBEA; 02-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
xEl Boricua

xEl Boricua's Gamercard
Dark SOuls Is Addicted lol
xEl Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #25
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Just hopped on the other night and laid down some summons for Iron Golem and Smough and Ornstein, as well, as starting a new Black Knight Sword/Pyro/Strength build. So yeah, it's still doing it for me.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #26
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
still play on a regular basis. would have already completed the game twice or so. Will also start finishing off the pc version soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #27
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
1000 and strong on a single character.

Not really one for making more than one character in any game, so I'm in it to win it with my only 'jack of all trades' build (and possibly go into NG+++ soon). Thankfully it's standing a good chance in PvP like I hoped for postgame, too. Now if only I can wield all my plethora of weapons correctly

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #28
Jeerrraayyyyyyy

Jeerrraayyyyyyy's Gamercard
Just started a new character couple of days ago for PvP.
Jeerrraayyyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #29
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
Any tips for starting a new PVP build?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #30
Chemistian

Chemistian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymexican45 View Post
Any tips for starting a new PVP build?

Thanks
Commit to whatever type of weapon you are using in your skills. For instance, if you are using a strength weapon, try to get your strength to level 40. Same advice for any other build set.

Other than that, learn to parry, backstab and acquire Greater Magic Defense (or whatever it is called) so that you can survive a castor.
Chemistian is offline   Reply With Quote