PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Where will you pre-order from?

I'm just going to pick it up from GAME store or maybe order from Amazon few weeks before release.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Already pre ordered from Gamestop, got a free poster and one of the view finder things.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'll most likely pre order from amazon. Unless somewhere else has some kind of amazing pre order incentive.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
GodAnnihilation
Banned User

Nanocybernetics's Gamercard
im not really finding any pre-order incentives in the UK so ill prob just pre-order it next year once christmas is over and done with. Hoping for a worldwide release as i hate having to get games after everyone in other countries, seeing reviews and youtube videos just rubbing it in my face for being scottish .
GodAnnihilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pretty much from Amazon. Let's see what pre-order incentives they got and maybe I'll pre-order somewhere else

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Lothra

Lothra's Gamercard
Wherever is cheapest a month before the game releases, i don't see the point in pre-ordering now as they will probably announce pre-order bonuses at some point, not to mention a limited/collectors edition of some kind.

Id rather wait and see which shops gets the best price/bonus/edition then watch the retailers engage in a price war.
Lothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Gamestop as always.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
pre-ordered from Tesco Entertainment like a year ago, they shut down that site though, so I can't check the status or anything :/

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Probably not Gamestop. Maybe Amazon? I haven't thought about it yet. Depends on what the pre-order stuff is.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
pre-ordered from Tesco Entertainment like a year ago, they shut down that site though, so I can't check the status or anything :/

Tesco is the way to go.

---

Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
thisispreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothra View Post
not to mention a limited/collectors edition of some kind.
that's what i was hoping for initially, but i don't have high hopes that there will be one. GTA IV didn't have one, Red Dead didn't, L.A. Noire didn't, it's not something Rockstar seem to go in for.

thisispreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Waiting for that collectors edition then seeing who has the best deal. If they are all the same my business like always goes to Amazon.

Prime Members unite! =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisispreston View Post
that's what i was hoping for initially, but i don't have high hopes that there will be one. GTA IV didn't have one, Red Dead didn't, L.A. Noire didn't, it's not something Rockstar seem to go in for.
Err...

Amazon.com: Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games Amazon.com: Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games

GTA IV: Special Edition features a customised metal safe deposit box that will contain the following:

A specially packaged version of the Grand Theft Auto IV game
A Rockstar keychain for the safe deposit box keys.
A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.
Production artwork from GTA IV in the "Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book".
Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release.

Red Dead

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...lectibles.html

And L.A. had a huge bundle for pre-ordering that could be considered a limited edition.

*Sigh* Google.

So based off of the evidence there will indeed be a limited edition of GTA V.

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 11-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #13
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Never knew about Red Dead's LE, looks epic.

---

Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #14
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Never knew about Red Dead's LE, looks epic.
Here's to V looking even better.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Defiantly picking up a LE, I still use the duffel bag from IV too. Probably JB Hi-fi or EB's, for the Aussies out there.

Last time I pre-ordered something LE it had to be done online, and with postage instead of in-store pick up. Never again. Got the game 3 days after release and the plot was already ruined by friends/online media. Ugh. Learned from that mistake.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections View Post
Defiantly picking up a LE, I still use the duffel bag from IV too. Probably JB Hi-fi or EB's, for the Aussies out there.

Last time I pre-ordered something LE it had to be done online, and with postage instead of in-store pick up. Never again. Got the game 3 days after release and the plot was already ruined by friends/online media. Ugh. Learned from that mistake.
Wish you had access to Amazon like Americans do. Delivery on release day if pre-ordered, and for prime members it is free.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Wish you had access to Amazon like Americans do. Delivery on release day if pre-ordered, and for prime members it is free.
I buy blu-rays over Amazon and save upto 20-50% most times, but the shipping time is what kills me.

I haven't been too fussed over a particular game in years so im not worried if I miss out release day. However its never too hard to just ask the day off work, which I may just do anyways

In saying that, im wondering if GTA V will have a midnight release? A few big name games seem to be going down that road lately.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
I buy blu-rays over Amazon and save upto 20-50% most times, but the shipping time is what kills me.

I haven't been too fussed over a particular game in years so im not worried if I miss out release day. However its never too hard to just ask the day off work, which I may just do anyways

In saying that, im wondering if GTA V will have a midnight release? A few big name games seem to be going down that road lately.
Ahh good so you do use Amazon. And I figured shipping would really hurt. To be frank, if you could, picking it up at a midnight release or some daytime pick up would probably be best.

And I would guess GTA would have a midnight release. It'll be huge.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Probably Amazon. But I'll wait to see what everyone else offers.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Waiting ...
Waiting too to see if there'll be anything special that will come up, up to a month or 2 before release date then I'll pre-order.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

ShopTo - Just because everyone says you get the game early or on release date.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post
Yup, ShopTo are great.

Hopefully they might give away free t-shirts like they did with pre-orders for LA Noire (and I think also with Max Payne 3?)

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post

Not always, I've received games from them 2 days early..and then a week late too.

---

Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #24
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Quote:

EB will usually ship the game a couple of days early so you get it on release date.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #25
colt415

colt415's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Mostly likely from Gamestop since I'm moving to a new house around spring and I'm not sure if I can pre-order from Amazon.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #26
bearmod

bearmod's Gamercard
I'm waiting for news on a collectors edition and preorder bonuses. If its something worth while I'll pre order that from GameStop but if not I'll just pick up the standard game at work when it comes out.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #27
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
ShopTo as always. Hoping for a LE to be announced.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
pre-ordering a game more than a few weeks before release is just useless and dumb imo.
especially half a year to a year. a lot of shit can happen in that time.
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #29
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosmaniaK View Post
pre-ordering a game more than a few weeks before release is just useless and dumb imo.
You can always cancel.

---

Old 12-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BosmaniaK View Post
Like B4R4D said, you can cancel, and since I ordered now I got a poster and view finder guaranteed.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote