PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > NASCAR The Game: Inside Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
FRANKSnBEANS

Send a message via AIM to FRANKSnBEANS Send a message via MSN to FRANKSnBEANS

KnarFnBeans's Gamercard
Question Anyone buy NTGIL yet?

Anyone pick this game up yet?

After last year's debacle, I am a little hesitant to spend $60 once again, but at the same time itching for a new current NASCAR game.

If anyone would care to share their opinions... glitches? gameplay? lasting appeal? graphics?

Thanks. highly appreciated.
FRANKSnBEANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Devil Dogg 0311

Devil Dogg O311's Gamercard
Getting mine from gamefly tommorow
Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
JTerk438

JTerk438's Gamercard
I bought, wasn't going to, but decided to. While the online lagging problems from last years game are still ever present, the rest of the game is pretty good so far. Haven't played much of it offline, trying to get the 250 online races achievement.

I will say that it is 100 times better than last year's game. Still needs a few approvements, but a must have for the true hard-core NASCAR fan. I just wish they would let you change your paint scheme in Career Mode, unless you can and I haven't gotten to that point yet. Could someone clarify this for me?

JTerk438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
Big Jeffrey728

Big Jeffrey728's Gamercard
Much better than 2011!!!
Big Jeffrey728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Jr88

Blazinator97's Gamercard
Changing paint schemes in career mode would be nice, but overall not a bad game just wish we could pick any number we wanted rather than the numbers they give.
Jr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Cramhead43

Racing Fan 22's Gamercard
i got mine, i am enjoying it very much

Gamertag: Racing Fan 22
Cramhead43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Cramhead43

Racing Fan 22's Gamercard
Glitches: Unfortunately there are a good deal of glitches online, still sometimes you can get a good race in and its very fun. I heard that they were SUPPOSED to give a patch this week, but now I'm hearing they will DEFINITELY release one on December 18th.

Gameplay: The gameplay is around the same as it was last year, as you can do your own career as rookie and work you way up the ranks, or run a seaso with an already existing driver. This year they've added a chase for the sprint cup option which lets you pick an already existing driver, ad run the last 10 races of the sprint cup season to run for the cup. They have also brought back one of my favorite things, challenges. In this mode you can race in a certain part of a race and relive and in some cases rewrite the greatest races from the season. Since the game came out as the NASCAR season is coming to a close, they will add new challenges in 2013 which (I think) you can download for free, though don't quote me on that.

Graphics: If anything I think the graphics have gotten a bit more of a sim twist, and they look better i this way (i my opinion) than last year's edition. The control is ok, however sometimes when you get loose? car goes out of control, it is difficult at times to save it and you might end up overcompensating and wrecking (although it might just be my driving style. As a side note, I'd also like to add that the spotter actually does work very well, and that (most times) your crew chief is supportive.

Lasting Appeal: Moderately High. This game has a good career mode that puts you as a rookie and is difficult if you put it at hard or even champion (I blew the AI away in Medium wining the first 4 races before deciding to switch over to the harder side). The glitchy online may continue to be annoying even if the patch on Dec 18th never is, but some races (especially something like a private lobby w/ some friends or a league) are very fun, and the type of racing that this game has the potential to perform online.

As of Right now: 8/10
Cramhead43 is offline   Reply With Quote