PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
FighterHawk

Fighter Hawk's Gamercard
Your thoughts on ending. * SPOILERS*

Just want to know your thoughts on the ending to the game.

do you think there will be another and if so how would they do it?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
xTBHxREVAN

xTBHxREVAN's Gamercard
Most likely they would pick another subject, but who knows in the short run. They've gotta factor in the pretty big villain they just unleashed in Juno, maybe William, Shaun, and Rebecca will sync to the cloud and go into the past to find a way to lock her away again. Actually if you spent any time talking to them before the end of the game I think Shaun hints at a possible sequel idea when he's talking to Desmond about wanting to turn the clocks back to the time of the first civilization.
xTBHxREVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I haven't beaten it yet (just starting Sequence 11) but the devs have already stated that if people want more, they'll make 'em but as far as it goes, this is the end of Desmonds story so it's unlikely they'll bring back Altair, Ezio or Connor. Who knows though.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Pedlar

pedlar's Gamercard
I am fairly certain there will be no direct sequal only spin offs. Possibly concerning subject 16 or other assassins.

And i thought the ENDING was a load of bull.
Pedlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedlar View Post
I am fairly certain there will be no direct sequal only spin offs. Possibly concerning subject 16 or other assassins.

Most likely others. Ubisoft was clear that Desmonds story is over. Clay sacrificed himself so Desmond could leave the "White/Black Space" in Revelations.

I'm betting other assassin's for the most part but chances are they won't be able to weave a story such as this. It'll probably center around MP.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTBHxREVAN View Post
Most likely they would pick another subject, but who knows in the short run. They've gotta factor in the pretty big villain they just unleashed in Juno, maybe William, Shaun, and Rebecca will sync to the cloud and go into the past to find a way to lock her away again. Actually if you spent any time talking to them before the end of the game I think Shaun hints at a possible sequel idea when he's talking to Desmond about wanting to turn the clocks back to the time of the first civilization.
I heard Shaun talk about that as well and was thinking this could either be dlc or another game.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Most likely others. Ubisoft was clear that Desmonds story is over. Clay sacrificed himself so Desmond could leave the "White/Black Space" in Revelations.

I'm betting other assassin's for the most part but chances are they won't be able to weave a story such as this. It'll probably center around MP.
And so stops my support of this franchise if that is the case. Sucks to end with such a horrible game when it was such a strong series till now (yes, including Revelation). It's sad to see one game can drag it down so far. If future games are centered around MP this franchise will most certainly die.

Last edited by Quid Squid; 11-07-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
For starters, I will say that I really enjoyed the game ... possibly my game of the year. However, I was disappointed with the ending. I thought the Desmond storyline arc had so much potential and was really looking forward to seeing how the 5 game build up would be concluded. I was expecting/ hoping for an epic climax, but got a generic ho-hum ending that's typical in most games and TV series. In other words, I did not consider the conclusion to be gratifying or even satisfying.

As for the future of the AC franchise, I believe Ubisoft left the door open for more games. Is Desmond really dead? Did somebody (e.g.: Minerva?) foresee Juno's treachery? Could Desmond have a son (or daughter) and one of his desendant was scanning his memories this whole time? Is time travel possible? Is communicating with the past possible? Could the POE from Revelations and the Papal staff from AC II have significance in stopping Juno? etc...
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Sure they will make another one until they run it to the ground. Ubi is known for it, especially PoP comes to mind.... Having said that I was very disappointed by beginning and ending parts of the game. Not the story mind you, just form gameplay perspective. It felt pretty lame IMO, but luckily sequences 6-10 made up for that=)

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I did not like how sudden it all happened. You can literaly breeze through last 2 sequences in 60mins and than once it's over, you're like WTF? At least that's how I was LOL
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
And so stops my support of this franchise if that is the case. Sucks to end with such a horrible game when it was such a strong series till now (yes, including Revelation). It's sad to see one game can drag it down so far. If future games are centered around MP this franchise will most certainly die.
I think you misread what I meant. It might build off the Templars since William tells Desmond that Abstergo is like a Hydra - Cut off one head, another arises. We could possibly see things from their point of view OUTSIDE of the MP aspect.

There's the Japanese Assassin from Embers. There's the Russian one based out of the comics. There are many possibilities.

I thought this was a fantastic edition being i was very skeptical at first. Personal preferences though.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
AT euro gamer they hinted this could not be the end of Desmonds story. After all the years and game we have had all the build up for it to end how it does... Must be another one just another cliff hanger. MORE DESMOND. It just cant be the end. If it is however then ubisoft fucked up. BIG

EDIT: Then again i have not done the stuff after the credits. They are currently rolling

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Pantera160

PanteraIVI's Gamercard
This ending was bad. Not more not less...
We could all have expected it to be a bad end tho, to many father-son stuff (I'm already very happy Connor kills his dad tbh) but this was not how i thought it would end.

They stated that the Desmond storyline is over after this one (if they now make him come back to life they totally fucked up) but that they will keep on making games till the moment they stop selling...

So who knows, maybe a prequel about subject 16 before he got mad?
But true if the next games are based around MP this game is dead.
Pantera160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
xTGMx INF3RNO

I though the epilogue would be desmond not connor. The assassins creed games are about desmond. Altair,ezio and connor are just part of his story. They cant leave it like this. Just cant. Nothing happened all the build up to 21/12/12 for desmond to hit a button and fall over

Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Almsivi

Send a message via MSN to Almsivi

ArmedWithDanger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedlar View Post
Exactly. In my opinion, Ubisoft pulled off a "Bioware".

It's all been coming down to this, and THAT was the conclusion on Desmond's story (!) jeez Ubisoft...

I wasn't disappointed with Ratonhnhaké:ton's story though, I thought it was the most interesting of the three of Desmond's ancestors

Concerning new Assassin's Creed games; Ubisoft have managed to create a series that might as well go on forever, as long as there is a demand for it. However, we won't be following Desmond no longer, for obvious reasons (), so IF there are new games arriving, they'll probably be about another subject, or a continued story with Rebecca, Shaun and Desmond's father.
But that's just my theory!
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Surely the next AC storyline is plain as day? You've just unleashed a god onto the planet who intends to rule. If that's not a starting point for the next one then i'm not sure what is.

That Animus Pivot synching could have something to do with it too, especially as during that you hear a voice whom isn't recognisable talking to you... but you aren't Desmond because he is dead.

I would love it if the next one focuses far more on current day rather than historical, because some of those Desmond missions were fantastic.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
StarDreamer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
I though the epilogue would be desmond not connor. The assassins creed games are about desmond. Altair,ezio and connor are just part of his story. They cant leave it like this. Just cant. Nothing happened all the build up to 21/12/12 for desmond to hit a button and fall over

I'm in agreement with most of your comments in this and previous posts. All that build up and anticipation ... and Desmond is given 2 bad choices. It appears the Ones Who Came Before only wanted his activated genes in order to turn on a shield. If Desmond chose not to turn on the shield, that would have effectively rendered Altair, Ezio and Connor's efforts irrelevant.

Being the sci-fi buff that I am, I can already see several good ways to continue the Desmond arc. Afterall, Juno needs to be stopped or the world is still screwed. In fact, when I first viewed the ending, I was thinking that the Juno swerve might be a last minute decision meant to leave the door open for more games.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
I would love it if the next one focuses far more on current day rather than historical, because some of those Desmond missions were fantastic.
I agree. The lack of HUD was my ONLY problem though.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
TigerII

I thought it was okay. Of his two choices, he made the only real one. The other is just a reset button for human history. I think people are just mad he died. I like the change in gaming to go from the everyone survives to more tragic realistic endings.

As for the next game, Shaun said something that piqued my interest. He asked Desmond if he would mind going all the way back to the One's Before time so it could be seen as who they were. Maybe the next game will be William doing that so they can find a way to fight Juno
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
Like Mass Effect 3 I thought it was a great game but the ending felt rushed, after all those years spent investing in Desmond I just felt let down.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #20
StarDreamer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I thought it was okay. Of his two choices, he made the only real one. The other is just a reset button for human history. I think people are just mad he died. I like the change in gaming to go from the everyone survives to more tragic realistic endings.

As for the next game, Shaun said something that piqued my interest. He asked Desmond if he would mind going all the way back to the One's Before time so it could be seen as who they were. Maybe the next game will be William doing that so they can find a way to fight Juno
I honestly thought we might get that in AC III.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

I hope that the next game goes further into the present-day story. I think it'd be cool if we saw a super-badass leader of the Assassin's be approached about the possibilities of stopping Juno. I think a cool twist would be to have Assassin's and Templars work together to grab as many pieces of Eden as they can and combine them in attempt to stop Juno. After all, in Brotherhood, the Pope combined two pieces of Eden (the apple and the staff) and it amplified the powers of both.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
I really don't want an AC set during the modern day, I'd rather see the next one set during Roman Empire, French Renaissance or Queen Victoria's reign.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #23
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I thought it was kind of dumb Minerva suddenly appears and says it's hopeless. Too much time has been squandered with fighting. All I kept thinking was, 'No, too much time has been spent finding feathers and useless collectables.' I'm sure I could have saved the world had those been none existent.

IMO, nothing will top the Revelations ending. That was top notch.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Having skipped the first game I never really cared for Desmond. When I picked up AC II I wanted to get those present day Abstergo scenes out of the way ASAP.
Like wise the first civilisation people don't really mean anything significant to me since they just show up at the end and speak about something unrelated to the previous 99% of the game I was just playing. Then they mostly speak in riddles or jibberish. How will touching this glowing orb equate to building 4 massive towers and prevent a solar flare scorching the Earth? Just be straight with me girl.

I find more to complain about with bartender Desmond spending a few months playing a Virtual Reality video game and all of a sudden stabbing the living fuck out of real people in a public area of a building with massive surveillance systems.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #25
Shabba
Banned User

The Charles Lee / Haytham endings were like watching granny's have a handbag fight. They showed no imagination are where undoubtedly the worse ending animations out of any game available. There sequences weren't much better a lack luster of no real imagaination or sword assassination play but were just plain bullshit......

The Desmond Temple ending, this shows promise.

However I am raging that as typing this, the unskippable credits are still rolling and have been for 20 minutes now.......

Terrible

Last edited by Shabba; 11-11-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
ktmare

ktmare's Gamercard
Well the achievement for Desmond opening the door is "no good deed goes unpunished" so I'm sure he'll make some sort of appearance in the game. It'd be kinda cool to flash ahead in the future to have someone in the animus as Desmond and a modern assassin.
ktmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #27
xBuffx

for those who are saying the desmond story is dead, go back and read this article.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...d-s-Saga-.html

although they say they want to bring conclusion to his story there is no saying they will, and after how the game ending i don't see how they can end his story. if they do it will be as big of bullshit as the revelations ending. i don't see how after all the build up of him coming back to be the assassin, save the earth and pretty much just say " we are done with you now desmond". it like with ezio just saying he quits being a assassin at the end of revelations.

now what i hope they do is some how bring him back just cause it's now his mission to stop juno since he freed her. i think the possibility is that he'll be put back into the animus to try and bring him back to life, while doing what shaun's theory was to turn the animus back to the 1st civilization.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #28
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post

IMO, nothing will top the Revelations ending. That was top notch.
What! Desmond woke up and opened a door... brotherhoods was the best.

Unless you mean the ezio ending in the library then i totally agree. It was amazing.

But the main AC story is about desmond not altair, ezio or connor.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #29
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

I highly doubt Desmond is dead.

I also felt the Ending was a little rushed. But I didn't hate it.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
zurgi

Anvil Gate's Gamercard
i thought the ending was find, i think people are mad because it was just to simple. People who think ACIII ending was bad as ME3 ending are morons, ME ending made no sense what so ever, but AC's did.

zurgi is offline   Reply With Quote