PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #31
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Desmond's endings have always been bad...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #32
xBuffx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
brotherhood was prolly the best one, but ya most have been bad.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #33
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
To be fair, there's not much to work with there...

To be honest, I thought this ending for him was great - mostly because he ACTUALLY ended...
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #34
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
uh, shocked, confused, and head tilting.
the hologram what she said as she look at desmond, no clue what she ment.
if there could be anthor AC game, it would be like brotherhood/revelations, not AC4. but, question is, if AC get anthor game, what is the setting going to be after Colonies. let me know.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
xBuffx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
but, question is, if AC get anthor game, what is the setting going to be after Colonies. let me know.
they prolly go to the 1st civilization as shaun hinted that he wanted to turn the aniums back that far and desmond agreed that he would do it.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBuffx View Post
they prolly go to the 1st civilization as shaun hinted that he wanted to turn the aniums back that far and desmond agreed that he would do it.
After the "find Eve and go through the gate on Dec 21" from Brotherhood and the vision presented to Desmond in the sync nexus from Revelations, where a woman (who I thought might have been Eve) was holding a baby in what was probably a 1st civilization city, had me thinking that Desmond & Eve would be somehow going through the gate back in time. Of course, that didn't happen.

At the end of Revelations, Jupiter said that much is still in flux, both in Desmond's time and in his. I was left with the impression that the 1st civilization was looking for help from the future to perhaps save them somehow.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #37
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgi View Post
i thought the ending was find, i think people are mad because it was just to simple. People who think ACIII ending was bad as ME3 ending are morons, ME ending made no sense what so ever, but AC's did.
Mass effect made perfect sense and was brilliant. Perfect way to end the series. However this was just stupid.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #38
Alex123

AlexxConklin's Gamercard
Guys they could still stick with the same exact story and just have William enter the Animus. I mean he is also a direct link to Altaïr, Ezio, and Connor.
Alex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #39
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Guys they could still stick with the same exact story and just have William enter the Animus. I mean he is also a direct link to Altaïr, Ezio, and Connor.
Unless it was Desmond's MOTHER that was the link...

I mean, does the dad strike you as the sort of guy that would allow someone ELSE to do something important if he were able to do it?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #40
Khaiden

Sasword's Gamercard
I should have seen this coming. When Haytham was telling Connor how the Templars will never die, I knew for sure this game would have a cliffhanger ending too.

So yes, they save the world and then what's next? The fight continues... but compared to this world-saving quest just a regular fight with templars would seem dull, wouldn't it?

Enter Juno.

...but did Desmond really had to die? (If he really is).
...did Daniel Cross have to die? (and like that?!)
...Did Vidic have to die? (AND LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?)

I am more angry about the anticlimatic deaths those 2 had. Cross and Vidic of all people, the latter deserved a dignified death, not just a friggin' shot to the head (I like what Desmond did with the apple afterwards though).
And Cross! This guy that gets developed in many comic books and overhyped in AC Initiates! Just... just like that, a regular death, not even a cinematic.

And I didn't like the epilogue, how this unknown person suddenly says stuff about the pivots... they said it's Erudito and the MP might help expand that. Hopefully.
And yes, I want to see more of Connor, specially after the epilogue was so anticlimatic too... the last ''mission'' is a conversation where they say his land was sold to a guy in New York... and that's where it ends...
Khaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #41
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaiden View Post
I should have seen this coming. When Haytham was telling Connor how the Templars will never die, I knew for sure this game would have a cliffhanger ending too.

So yes, they save the world and then what's next? The fight continues... but compared to this world-saving quest just a regular fight with templars would seem dull, wouldn't it?

Enter Juno.

...but did Desmond really had to die? (If he really is).
...did Daniel Cross have to die? (and like that?!)
...Did Vidic have to die? (AND LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?)

I am more angry about the anticlimatic deaths those 2 had. Cross and Vidic of all people, the latter deserved a dignified death, not just a friggin' shot to the head (I like what Desmond did with the apple afterwards though).
And Cross! This guy that gets developed in many comic books and overhyped in AC Initiates! Just... just like that, a regular death, not even a cinematic.

And I didn't like the epilogue, how this unknown person suddenly says stuff about the pivots... they said it's Erudito and the MP might help expand that. Hopefully.
And yes, I want to see more of Connor, specially after the epilogue was so anticlimatic too... the last ''mission'' is a conversation where they say his land was sold to a guy in New York... and that's where it ends...
Thanks for the epilogue spoilers there, jackass.

As for the ending, it was garbage, just like the rest of the game. The worst game in the series got a horrible ending. No surprises there.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #42
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
Thanks for the epilogue spoilers there, jackass
So let me get this straight: You're posting in a thread that has "Spoilers" in the title in capital letters, mind you, and you're calling someone a jackass for posting spoilers?
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #43
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
Thanks for the epilogue spoilers there, jackass.
So let me get this straight: You're posting in a thread that has "Spoilers" in the title in capital letters, mind you, and you're calling someone a jackass for posting spoilers?
No lie. It's like he's TRYING to be ironic...
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #44
ShadowStefan

Thiophen's Gamercard
Well, it's clear that Desmonds story itself is over. BUT Desmonds past story might not be over yet.
If "synched to the cloud" really means that Desmond DNA-data are available in a virtual cloud, then maybe someone new will access Desmonds data for finding some clues against Juno. So we might see Connor again.

Aside from that I'm totally with the theory that we will go back to the First Civilisation in the next game - Shaun clearly hinted that.

PS: I liked how the ending explained the bible - Someone who survives the sun eruption will later be known as a god and so on... =P
ShadowStefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #45
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStefan View Post
So we might see Connor again.
Sweet hop-scotching Christ, I damn well hope not.

What?

Oh come on, I can't have been the only person who cheered when he bought it...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #46
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AblativMeatshld View Post
Sweet hop-scotching Christ, I damn well hope not.

What?

Oh come on, I can't have been the only person who cheered when he bought it...
Uh. . . Connor is not dead. . . And You can bet many dollars we'll see Brotherhood/Revelation spin-off type games for Connor.

I also don't think we've seen the last of Desmond. Juno was stored in the Machine, one of the experimental technologies the First Civilization tried to save themselves with. If you remember, the process of "storing" a person inside the machine worked, but recreating said persons physical form required "something Terrible, something wrong".

This something terrible seems to be a human sacrifice of sorts. Activating the machine to give life back to someone stored in the machine required the activators body to be destroyed. Desmond was the Real "Key" that Juno needed - or Rather Desmond's DNA - in order to activate the Machine so Juno could be reborn.

Desmond's physical body Might be dead, but his consciousness was almost definitely swapped with Juno's. Desmond is now stored inside the Machine like Juno has been for 75,000 years.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan

Last edited by ZingZitang; 11-15-2012 at 04:21 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #47
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Uh. . . Connor is not dead. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WWaLxFIVX1s
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #48
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Can't watch the video. Can you explain with words?

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #49
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Can't watch the video. Can you explain with words?
Darth Vader's "Noooooooooooooo"
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #50
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Oh. Lawl! I thought it was something serious.

- William Jennings Bryan
Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #51
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Well I didn't hate the ending... although I didn't like it either. For me it is like the Mass Effect 3 ending if they faded to black during the dialogue with the illusive man and rolled credits...

Reached 100000 Gs on 13.06.2012

Achievement:
I swear I did it by mistake (10G)
Lollipop-Chainsaw
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #52
Khaiden

Sasword's Gamercard
The virtual Desmond theory is a popular one right now.
How would that work, I wonder? Would we be trapped again in a virtual world similar to Revelations? After having those awesome missions in the real world it would seem very underwhelming.

I don't care what Deus Ex Machina they use, I just want Desmond alive and physically present in the next game.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #53
tigrepojke

TigrePojke's Gamercard
I enjoyed the exploration part of this game in the frontier, the storyline was pretty weak though and the story missions over very fast. Lot of plotholes/stupidity such as when Charles Lee lures the soldiers into a trap so you can rescue Pitcairn, how does that general guy not recognise him.
Haytham should really know Connor has a couple of hidden blades on his wrists, seriously.
Charles Lee as well, just stand there and gloat whilst Connor is fumbling for his gun right in your view, oh dear he shot you.
Charles Lee again not learning, yeah give Connor your bottle to drink from and then grab that knife he's left out in the open on the table...or just wait for him to enjoy a tasty beverage and stab you.
Connor hide the key where no-one will look,...yeah put it in a grave,,...no-one has heard of grave robbers.

Connor is a poor assassin for me compared to Altair and older Ezio

I hope they are done here on this little story as they are too close to the present in Desmonds dna brainthing for it to be interesting if he is alive and goes into the animus again. For me I would like to see some form of game that visits older Assassins, been hoping for that ever since in AC2 or whichever Ezio adventure it was where he goes into the cellar of his home and there are statues paying homage to the peeps who killed Genghis Khan, Cleopatra etc,....a game where you had to relive those assassinations would be good if they haven't made it on the PSP or something else I don't have.

Fully tested for glitches before release also if it's not too much to expect of them.

On a sidenote I'd prefer they made a massive openworldy sized game that is set in the Caribbean pirate times, and you get to rock around in your ship and explore treasure islands and take over ports etc,...something like Sid Meier's Pirates game with the ship sailing engine from this game would be fun.
tigrepojke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
Demonshire

Devilshire's Gamercard
In my opinion. a possible Assassin's Creed IV should be a story where Desmond is indeed... dead. BUT somehow Minerva with the help of our heroes Shaun, William and Rebecca finds a way to reverse current events, or something. Desmond comes back alive, Juno is not set free and we have ourselves an Assassin's Creed game that takes place 100% in present time. Desmond goes for the source of Abstergo (Vidic's death was also bad) and stops the satelite launch.
There's really no point to go for more ancestors and reveal more unnecessary keys, maps, temples, PoE's. Just finish up this franchise with a grand slam. Not like this ending.
What more do you need to stop the sun from throwing a flame-booger at the Earth, really?

AC is my favourite game franchise unquestionably, but too much of it is gonna get somewhat repetative and weak,
Demonshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #55
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
The virtual Desmond theory is a popular one right now.
By "popular" I really hope you don't mean "has a lot of support", because I don't know if my faith in humanity can take much more...
Quote:
I just want Desmond alive and physically present in the next game.
You, sir, are a monster. A God Damn monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrepojke View Post
On a sidenote I'd prefer they made a massive openworldy sized game that is set in the Caribbean pirate times, and you get to rock around in your ship and explore treasure islands and take over ports etc
"Assassin's Creed: I'm a Pirate, lolz"
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #56
Khaiden

Sasword's Gamercard
Quote:
By "popular" I really hope you don't mean "has a lot of support", because I don't know if my faith in humanity can take much more...
Seems to me like it is. Don't lose faith in AC fans at least, we come up with all sorts of things and discussions are always great.

Quote:
You, sir, are a monster. A God Damn monster.
I just feel that Desmond should still be the protagonist after everything they made him out to be. ''Desmond has a very special dna, linked to dozens of ancestors and as such has a high concentration of first civilization dna and assassin memories''. That's more or less what they said in an interview.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #57
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
Seems to me like it is. Don't lose faith in AC fans at least, we come up with all sorts of things and discussions are always great.

I just feel that Desmond should still be the protagonist after everything they made him out to be. ''Desmond has a very special dna, linked to dozens of ancestors and as such has a high concentration of first civilization dna and assassin memories''. That's more or less what they said in an interview.
My problem is that he's just such a crappy character. I must have launched him off the edge of that building 20 times, just because I enjoyed him dying...
Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #58
IanCFitz

Send a message via AIM to IanCFitz

IanCFitz's Gamercard
Garbage, the whole thing.

So he touches the sphere and his consciousness is more than likely now in the precursor computer cloud thing.

Juno has escaped suspended animation in there or whichever way they spin that detail.

by touching the sphere, someone snapped their fingers and made the sun magically not flare?

Unless i'm missing a lot more story from not playing MP I don't really get it.

Ubi had an incredible franchise with this game, but I'm pretty sure greed and MP ruined it.
IanCFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #59
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Does anyone know if they explained how Haytham is related to Desmond, yet is a Templar? Where did the family cross that line is what I want to know?

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #60
Der Nacho

DER NACHO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
Does anyone know if they explained how Haytham is related to Desmond, yet is a Templar? Where did the family cross that line is what I want to know?
Uh... Haythem is related to Desmond because Desmond is related to Connor, who in turn is related to Haythem as his son... Ok.

Going from Assassin to Templar doesn't change your genes (or does it? No. Not at all).

As for the ending, I liked it... Made me curious to see where they will go from here. Desmond or not, excited for the possibilities.

Last edited by Der Nacho; 11-24-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Der Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote