PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #61
Darkdodoboy

Dark Dodo Boy's Gamercard
They have seriously screwed up hte whole series for me, they got me hooked after the first game, it was such a new concept, almost everything was done well in the game. ACII was even better because it gave a great twist to the original concept, brotherood and revelations continued it, revelations was also refreshing because of the new environment, Constantinople. But ACIII, the hunting was cool in the beginning, but later on became dull too.

What I think was the problem of the game was that we had one game for Altaïr, 3 for Ezio, which made the story evolve much slower, and then suddenly the last game had to be rushed, they just had to save the world. It forced the game to a very bad end with no actual thrill for me, I honestly never felt really astonished while playing the game. Too bad, I think I might not get the next one, they screwed up.

ACIII: - most glitchy AC game
- worst story
- worst ending
- worst AC
Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #62
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
This was too shitty to be true... I kept waiting for the credits to end only to see Desmond stand up again and running out of that ruin while it collapsed or something. And not only did the ending suck, it wasn't even in the least something sad... Ladies and gentlemen, we have spent 5 entire games with Desmond (well, some of us have) and THIS is how it ends? He touches a glowing ball and he falls to the ground and the game is over? BULLSHIT. This is the worst AC in AC history, I rather play AC 1 again before playing this again. Bullshit glitched achievement, worst MP so far, and NO assassin feeling AT ALL. Because it's so assassin like to chase pigs back into their pens, break up fights, sail over the seas and shoot ships and throwing tea into the ocean, mass-murdering people.. VERY assassin like. And also, why the hell is the entire story about Connor about killing Charles Lee? He killed him in sequence 12, I did in fact enjoy that cutscene, but come on... I expected Charles Lee to die by sequence 9 or something, at the latest.

Also, the ending (Desmond) was also confusing as hell, it took me 5 minutes to figure out that; hey, he's dead... Ubisoft is trying to go DaVinci Code on our asses and it didn't work out well...

And by the looks of it there probably won't be another Connor game, so right now we have 1 Altair game, 1 Connor and 3 Ezio?? I like Ezio the most but I feel Connor should at least get one more game, maybe he could be less of a wuss in the next one and maybe he could grow the f up, that would be nice. A little less robot-like voice for Connor would be a nice change.

Last edited by Tortyreus; 11-24-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #63
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Nacho View Post
Uh... Haythem is related to Desmond because Desmond is related to Connor, who in turn is related to Haythem as his son... Ok.

Going from Assassin to Templar doesn't change your genes (or does it? No. Not at all).

As for the ending, I liked it... Made me curious to see where they will go from here. Desmond or not, excited for the possibilities.
No need to be a smart ass, you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at so I will elaborate.

Desmond is related to Altair, an assassin, and Ezio was related to him. I figured all these assassins in Desmond's family history were related. At some point someone in Desmond's family tree would have to have joined the Templars, whether it was Haytham or someone before him, which seems weird to me due to his previous ancestors being assassins. If there's no relation at all then I understand but it seems like such a reach that one person would have both relatives that were assassins and Templars.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #64
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
No need to be a smart ass, you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at so I will elaborate.

Desmond is related to Altair, an assassin, and Ezio was related to him. I figured all these assassins in Desmond's family history were related. At some point someone in Desmond's family tree would have to have joined the Templars, whether it was Haytham or someone before him, which seems weird to me due to his previous ancestors being assassins. If there's no relation at all then I understand but it seems like such a reach that one person would have both relatives that were assassins and Templars.
Maybe it's because, like Haytham said in the story, that the assassins once fought for something that made more sense, namely peace, instead of freedom, and it was therefore he choose the Templar side, because they had realistic views and expectations. Maybe Haytham was the first Templar (amongst the Desmond-bloodline), but I think (and this is just speculating from my side) that he once was an Assassin because he has hidden blades. But the Templars could've copied those blades so it might not be because of that. Or maybe there's no other explanation other then that it would **SPOILER** surprise players more of the fact that Haytham is actually a Templar because everybody automatically assumed he was an Assassin, if not for the fact that we've never played as one before then it would be for the blades.

Last edited by Tortyreus; 11-24-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #65
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
Maybe it's because, like Haytham said in the story, that the assassins once fought for something that made more sense, namely peace, instead of freedom, and it was therefore he choose the Templar side, because they had realistic views and expectations. Maybe Haytham was the first Templar (amongst the Desmond-bloodline), but I think (and this is just speculating from my side) that he once was an Assassin because he has hidden blades. But the Templars could've copied those blades so it might not be because of that. Or maybe there's no other explanation other then that it would **SPOILER** surprise players more of the fact that Haytham is actually a Templar because everybody automatically assumed he was an Assassin, if not for the fact that we've never played as one before then it would be for the blades.
Yea I can see where you're coming from, I just wish they would have gone more into it. I think that would have added to the story. Would have been interesting to see both sides in one game.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #66
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Yea I can see where you're coming from, I just wish they would have gone more into it. I think that would have added to the story. Would have been interesting to see both sides in one game.
Me too... I really enjoyed the part where Connor and Haytham worked together, that was really well done... I think that all Assassins Creed games so far try to show both sides, like in AC1 where Altair asks some high ranking templar why he thinks he's doing the right thing (because everyone he killed so far strongly believed they did the right thing) and the Templar leader responds; if people weren't sheep and so weak-minded we would never have gotten this much power and the reason we do this is because people let it happen. Something along those lines anyway, not the exact words used but its been a while since I played AC1. The point is, I think this game does show it from both sides and I'm actually kind of agreeing with Haytham and the templars here, because no matter how much the assassins fight, the Templar order continues to grow bigger and bigger and eventually runs everything one way or the other as Abstergo Industries, whereas the assassins have this left; a nerd chick, a wise-ass, a lucky guy who has just the right mixture of ancestors in him and his father. That's why I hoped we would see more of Haytham during the game, because freedom and peace can never be acquired, war and fighting has been part of human history and nature since forever so the assassins will never win, and thats why the assassins are a dis-organized bunch of dumbasses and Abstergo own the world, and Haytham understands that and Connor doesn't
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #67
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
Could have been a lot better.

I'm assuming that Desmond isn't dead, or else how would we get to see Connor's epilogue and the pivots thing? I'm also assuming that Juno will somehow assume control of Abstergo now.

I'm wondering though how they'll tie the historical settings into the present in future games. I hope it's not just "we have to find MORE Apples!"
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #68
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My favorite Assassins Creed yet. Loved the ending
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #69
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbreakfast99 View Post
My favorite Assassins Creed yet. Loved the ending
Not sure if serious.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #70
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
I got emailed some massive questionnaire from ubisoft asking what I thought of AC3 and
what I'd like to see in the next game to make it a must have purchase.

There was a couple of questions asking if I wanted to know more about Desmond's and Connor's story and whether I wanted to play as them again in future DLC/ games or entirely new characters.
darr3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #71
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Me too... I really enjoyed the part where Connor and Haytham worked together, that was really well done... I think that all Assassins Creed games so far try to show both sides, like in AC1 where Altair asks some high ranking templar why he thinks he's doing the right thing (because everyone he killed so far strongly believed they did the right thing) and the Templar leader responds; if people weren't sheep and so weak-minded we would never have gotten this much power and the reason we do this is because people let it happen. Something along those lines anyway, not the exact words used but its been a while since I played AC1. The point is, I think this game does show it from both sides and I'm actually kind of agreeing with Haytham and the templars here, because no matter how much the assassins fight, the Templar order continues to grow bigger and bigger and eventually runs everything one way or the other as Abstergo Industries, whereas the assassins have this left; a nerd chick, a wise-ass, a lucky guy who has just the right mixture of ancestors in him and his father. That's why I hoped we would see more of Haytham during the game, because freedom and peace can never be acquired, war and fighting has been part of human history and nature since forever so the assassins will never win, and thats why the assassins are a dis-organized bunch of dumbasses and Abstergo own the world, and Haytham understands that and Connor doesn't
Damn! This is one hell if an opinion/thought and I agree with you 110%, man.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #72
synjin savant2

Synjin Savant2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I really don't want an AC set during the modern day, I'd rather see the next one set during Roman Empire, French Renaissance or Queen Victoria's reign.
They're all set during the modern day.

With the plot the above poster is recommending, they could make a game up of short trips into several different time periods, each to find a different POE.

So the three ideas you suggest could make up one game.

I think we've got the next plot right there. Give us jobs, Ubisoft!
synjin savant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #73
synjin savant2

Synjin Savant2's Gamercard
I would've liked one BIG Desmond mission before the end. It could've been him in the temple, HALLUCINATING enemies from all three of his ancestors due to overexposure to the Animus.

I thought for sure he was going to start seeing Ottoman's in New York or something wacky, but they walked right up to the First Civies and had their big chat.

I also thought I was going to get to choose between Juno and Minerva. The Minerva track didn't sound so bad. Live a hero, die a martyr, have future assassin's replay my memories to finally defeat the next cycle. I was game.
synjin savant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #74
nukacola420

elementpunk's Gamercard
I think the ending would have been great.. had there been any SOUND during the last cut scenes. All i know is there was a disco ball And desmond touched it
nukacola420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #75
bearmod

bearmod's Gamercard
I thought it was a pretty good ending. I was a little dissapointed but it could've been a lot worse. As for future games I agree with everyone else. They'll probably just move to a different Abstergo test subject or something like that. Maybe AC4 will start with someone coming out of the Animus after a session as Desmond

Last edited by bearmod; 11-29-2012 at 04:12 PM.
bearmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #76
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
I doubt that Desmond is dead. I was kind of expecting the whole area to explode and thus look like a confirmed death but I think ubisoft have left it ambiguous so they can decide whether to actually kill him off properly or bring him back.
I imagine his exposure to the apples would have acted as some defence mechanism and he then gets up (or something similar to bring him back).
darr3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #77
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Well, it wasn't as bad as ME3's ending (synthetics actually created the Ones Who Came Before! Doesn't make sense but whatever!), but yet ANOTHER cliffhanger is frustrating. It IS possible to make an ending that resolves the story but leaves us with questions - just ask Christopher Nolan.

I don't want another Connor game. Altair felt cold, calculating and somewhat heartless, but we learned he wasn't a bad guy. Ezio got 50+ hours of story, we saw his whole life, and he had a personality. Connor is boring. Ok, your mother was killed - Ubisoft didn't make me care as much as they should have. Fighting his father was invevitable. If Lee had killed Achilles, THEN I would have cared, but I didn't really.

Do I want another game? Certainly not next year. I think the series needs some big changes, and not just in setting. Speaking of which - Ubisoft skipped a lot of interesting time periods. I'd like for the world to either be taken back to the stone age and incorporate magic, or a futuristic theme.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #78
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Quote:
I imagine his exposure to the apples would have acted as some defence mechanism and he then gets up (or something similar to bring him back).
Well if they don't kill him off properly then one option would be for someone to use a Piece of Eden to bring Desmond back, and yes according to the AC Wiki there is indeed a Piece of Eden with that ability. Of course a move like that would be a deus ex machinia moment for sure.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #79
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin savant2 View Post
I would've liked one BIG Desmond mission before the end. It could've been him in the temple, HALLUCINATING enemies from all three of his ancestors due to overexposure to the Animus.

I thought for sure he was going to start seeing Ottoman's in New York or something wacky, but they walked right up to the First Civies and had their big chat.

I also thought I was going to get to choose between Juno and Minerva. The Minerva track didn't sound so bad. Live a hero, die a martyr, have future assassin's replay my memories to finally defeat the next cycle. I was game.
I expected that too. I mean, 3 nice Desmond sequences (for a change) so I thought that after the door opened you would have to complete a massive puzzle like the Romulus places, the Revelations equivelants of them and the Da Vinci Code puzzle.. Instead, Desmond walks a bit, some overly-obvious-trying to be complicated BS starts to play, Desmond touches big ball, Desmond dies.. Oh, "dies", I mean... He'll be back for sure, it ended in a cliffhanger, they are currently thinking wether Desmon is dead or "dead"... Next game should be the last though, Ubisoft is really milking this series..
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #80
Sovietfurball

I think it will go along the lines of one of eve's descendants. I have that feeling that if they go eve's way it will most likely be a templar in first civilization. But i also think that desmond's dad will have a larger role in finding how to stop juno because desmond said they will endure and find a way to stop her. just a thought.
Sovietfurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #81
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Personally I thought it sucked, this is the first AC game I've played since the first one and I can't over state how much I hate the Desmond character and the Animus stuff. I'd much rather it just be a period piece, where we see slight alterations to actual events which this more or less does when your in control of Connor. I had no goddamn clue there were aliens associated with AC this all suddenly felt like that last Indiana Jones movie...which sucked balls. I hated playing as Desmond it took me out of what I wanted to do, which was play as Connor. The wrap up before the ending made no sense either did Connor bury the amulet with Achilles? Because they showed a grave stone that said Connor but was scuffed up so wtf does that mean?? Also the Epilogue was crap I was pissed I couldn't kill the slave trader, and really didn't like how Connor adopted the colonists position against the crown just to fight the templars. I was hoping for a more character balanced approach in that he's going after the templars but because he thinks they attacked his village. That way he could have fought against certain colonists as well, if he thought they were templars. To say nothing of the fact it gets revealed that George Washington was the reason Connor's clan was attacked, and really is the main motivating factor in him leaving the village and finding achilles to train him. So when he finds that out he gets irritated but hardly as rage filled towards GW and the colonists as he should have been. Because to me that one scene undid all of Connor's innate desire to see the templars taken down, he feels no connection to the colonists and couldn't care less about them so long as HIS PEOPLE are safe and free. Also wtf so Charles Lee can talk Connor's tribal best friend into thinking he's a traitor after meeting him once, but the same guy goes to Connor for aid for the tribe. And connor does help so why exactly would he have believed Lee over Connor...that was horribly done IMO ok I've ranted enough....
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #82
Scnew

scnew's Gamercard
The grave belonged to Achilles' dead son, also named Connor.

And you probably shouldn't be too surprised by not knowing what's going on in the present after skipping three games...
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #83
TheOnlyBigRich

Always Big Rich's Gamercard
I'm not sure how they will continue the story in the modern world, But I would like to see Connor travel across the Altantic to take part in the French Revolution (he has already shown he is multilingual) which is around the same time as when the game ended, then he can go straight into the Napoleonic Wars and take on more templars on the sea, and meet people such as Napoleon, Nelson and Wellington and have a part in Waterloo and Trafalgar. Then take that opportunity to give the series a break for a couple of years to stop it getting stale.
TheOnlyBigRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #84
viperman150

CloudKickerVI's Gamercard
I was quite upset with the ending, but it was still a great game. I think they'll make another one though, not sure how.
viperman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #85
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Maybe Haytham was the first Templar (amongst the Desmond-bloodline)
Maria, Altiar's wife - and therefore one of Desmond's ancestors - was a Templar.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #86
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:

A bit late on this, but i'm pretty sure it's explained in the database that Haytham was taken when he was a child by a Templar and turned (his father was an assassin).
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #87
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Maria, Altiar's wife - and therefore one of Desmond's ancestors - was a Templar.
I know, but she turned Assassin before getting her first child so I'm not sure if it really counts
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #88
Siziol

Siziolvec's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyBigRich View Post
But I would like to see Connor travel across the Altantic to take part in the French Revolution (he has already shown he is multilingual)
when does it show he's multilingual other than his native tongue and english?
Siziol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #89
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Finally got to the ending of this game the other day. I thought the ending wasn't good but it wasn't completely terrible either. It's what I've come to expect for an Assassin's Creed game's ending - a cliffhanger. I'm not so sure that Desmond is actually dead either - I'd say it's a 50/50 chance they bring him back. They could go anywhere with this - who knows.

My guess is for the next game we'll be back with Connor somehow, unless Ubisoft decides to take their time and take a year or two to craft a full sequel a.k.a. Assassin's Creed IV. But I'm guessing before whenever that is we'll get another Connor game. My first thought was that Connor would travel to Britain and try to take out Haytham's bosses from the beginning of the game (the guys that send Haytham America). The game could take place in London. The French Revolution is maybe even more likely (in one of the interactive conversations with Lafayette he does invite Connor to Paris). But who knows - it's anybody's guess of how they follow up the main storyline or if they just do spinoffs.

I thought the ending was OK, but overall I thought the game is probably the worst in the series.

Last edited by bblcreator8790; 12-06-2012 at 02:44 AM.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #90
abcdelm

Abcdelm45084's Gamercard
I actually really enjoyed connors story however the desmond one theyve fucked pretty bad. It all started in brotherhood when they killed of lucy and in lost archive DLC for reveations they revealed that lucy was a templar (some pple figured it out before though)

And the whole escape from abstergo in the second game was appareantly staged by vidic and abstergo because the expreiments with desmond didnt go well and lucy was to take him someplace where he felt comfortable and continue the research there.

However after playing AC 1 again i fail to see where things went wrong ? He was captured by abstergo so they could find out where all the apples of eden are and they got what they wanted they even say it at the end of the game stating that they have no more use of desmond when lucy interupts and saves his ass.

Its a shame that they ruined the whole "modern" story i actually really enjoyed it the two first games but it seems they just made up things along the way to make it more intriging or whatever. I dont think they originally planned that lucy was infact a templar from the beginning instead that she thought what abstergo was doing was wrong and she also realized there was something bigger threatening.
abcdelm is offline   Reply With Quote