F1 2012 – Console Patch #2 News
PlayStation 3 Patch (EU and JP): Live
Xbox 360 Patch (Global): Live
PlayStation 3 Patch (NA, Russia and Poland): Confimed, but no date just yet.
The second patch for console is now available for PS3 in Europe and Japan and will be released for Xbox 360 some time next week.
This patch includes all of the relevant fixes that were included in PC patches 2 – 8.
New / Updated Features
- On PS3 only we’ve enabled the full rotation for 900 and 1080 degree steering wheels. This will require the player to set their wheel up using the options available, specifically we suggest setting the Wheel Saturation to around 65 – 70% as a good starting point.
- Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games. This option can be found within the Simulation Settings and defaults to on. Setting this to off will allow players to set up their cars in Qualifying sessions and will also allow players who join in progress during qualifying to edit their car setup before the race.
- Added a Skip Session option so players can leave any session without having to complete it.
- Made Pro level AI quicker so that the time gap to Legendary AI is smaller.
- Changed the Prime tyre compound to Hard for Suzuka. This change will not affect Time Attack which will continue to use the Medium compound tyre.
- Added a white cross to the DRS OSD to indicate to that it is unavailable because of a fault.
- Improved the lighting on Singapore.
- Reduced the frequency of wet weather races for all tracks greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
- Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
- Fixed the weather system so that cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
- Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
- Fixed issues with the weather system in Instant Replays / Race Replays which could instantly change the track wetness level.
- AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted.
Online / Co-Op
- Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé.
- Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage.
- Fixed an issue where the point’s totals on the Constructors Championship table were incorrectly doubled.
- Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
- Fixed the Trophy / Achievement “The Equipment May Be The Same” to unlock in Career as per the description.
- Fixed an issue where using a flashback could result in an engine blowout effect.
- Removed engine damage from the list of damaged parts that can force a pit stop to take priority over a drive through penalty.
- Rebalanced engine wear so it will go below 99% during a Career season.
- Fixed an exploit in One Shot Qualifying where users could post impossibly quick lap times.
- Medals awarded in Season Challenge now update the player statistics correctly.
- Reduced the amount of starting fuel that the user is given for races Austin as it was previously too high.
- Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits.
- Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed.
- Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras.
- Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times.
- AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time.
- Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge.
- Driver name plates can now be seen.
- Numerous text and localisation fixes.
- Fixed several issues which would display the incorrect number of players in a lobby or a race.
- Fixed a crash in Co-Op when disconnecting on the results screens.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op when trying to resume a session at the start of a Qualifying session that neither player would take part in.
- Fixed some issues in Co-op Qualifying when only one user progresses to the next session.
- Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
- Understeer: Adjusted track information to provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface
- Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
If anyone is trying; please report back on these achievements because before patch neither me nor my partner got any of these:
The Equipment may be the Same...
Co-op Drivers' World Champion