Old 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #31
CuteTXKitty

Send a message via Yahoo to CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
3. "You need 6ft". How could you be in a room that doesn't offer 6ft of standing space? Are you in the closet? If so then there is a device out there to reduce needed space, not sure how well it'll work though.
The device that reduces needed space DOES work. I have family who literally only has 4 feet between their kinect and their coffee table. It helped greatly with their situation. The only problem is it is not as precise. I suggest putting it above your tv personally, putting it very high does add a little bit of room. Maybe that's why our 6 foot area works fine.

(Like your post Kyle)

As far as putting hardcore games on kinect goes, footage I have seen of motion-based first person shooters is horrible. There seems to be no way to do it well. That's why the WiiU brought out their 'pro controller' so that they could have good hardcore games on it more.

Sometimes I also feel like just sitting down chilling on some Halo, but other days having the Kinect is just the best. (If you like Disney at ALL, Disneyland Adventures is one of the best games for it and some of the minigames are very challenging)
CuteTXKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
boston fc

boston fc's Gamercard
not imo, i never liked kinect
boston fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #33
HuskyHuscarl

C0MPLY 0R D13's Gamercard
I changed my opinion, No it's not.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston fc View Post
not imo, i never liked kinect
Then, WHY are you posting in the Kinect forum. Do you even have one?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #35
ECS

eastcoastsavage's Gamercard
i guess only way to see if you like it is to get one
ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #36
scuzzybum

WorserDoor4498's Gamercard
Thanks all for your replies! I just bought a set from the Amazon Lightning Deal.

All I need now is for it to be delivered and to get a step down transformer and I will be part of the XBox360 family
scuzzybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #37
CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzybum View Post
Thanks all for your replies! I just bought a set from the Amazon Lightning Deal.

All I need now is for it to be delivered and to get a step down transformer and I will be part of the XBox360 family
Yay!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #38
HT Viper II

HT Viper II's Gamercard
If you are only purchasing the 360 for Kinect, I would not purchase it personally. I love the Kinect and 360, but the Kinect and it's games alone would not be worth the overall price. That's only my opinion though.
HT Viper II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
Benmahalf X

Benmahalf X's Gamercard
Congratulations on your purchase! I would also highly recommend Halo and some exclusives or some third party games that run better on 360 (Skyrim and its DLC come to mind instantly).

Star Wars is pretty good, as is Fruit Ninja, although I personally find Michael Jackson: The Experience to be better on PS3 with the Move (because alternating between singing and dancing just doesn't work...all one or the other, or both the entire time, but not half and half.)

I don't understand the people that say space shouldn't be an issue. Unless you have 6-10 feet between your TV AND your couch (or you can move the couch, because who's couch isn't directly opposite their TV?) and no coffee table in between OF COURSE space is going to be an issue.

That's the reason I don't use the Kinect as much as I should, because not only do I have to move furniture to use it, I also have to take the entire system out of my gaming room, set it up in the living room and then put it away before the girlfriend gets home. I would actually like to use it more, but oh well.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #40
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
And following on from the game recommendations and talk of normal games with Kinect features, don't buy Binary Domain with the intention of using voice commands. Don't get me wrong, I love it as a non-kinect game, but the voice commands are completely broken. Or maybe it just doesn't like my scummy brummy accent, I'm not sure which.

Every time I shouted "help me", my guy said "I like you!" I mean seriously, the two phrases sound nothing alike!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmahalf X View Post
That's the reason I don't use the Kinect as much as I should, because not only do I have to move furniture to use it, I also have to take the entire system out of my gaming room, set it up in the living room and then put it away before the girlfriend gets home. I would actually like to use it more, but oh well.
You can't have your system set up in the living room when she's home?! *Hears distant 'wa-tish' sound*

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
Or maybe it just doesn't like my scummy brummy accent, I'm not sure which.

Every time I shouted "help me", my guy said "I like you!" I mean seriously, the two phrases sound nothing alike!
I don't know, I'd be more willing to help someone who said "I like you!".

Seriously though, I have noticed it doesn't work well with accents. I have a cousin who has a deep Texas accent and it doesn't recognize his voice well either. Usually I pipe in and say it and it works fine. It also seems to have extreme trouble with British accents. Voice recognition software is still on the rise. Try using Dragon (speech recognition software). Nothing's got it down perfectly yet.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
Acid Wire

Send a message via Skype™ to Acid Wire

Sicarius reaver's Gamercard
I know many have answered you already, but here is my opinion. It is also easier if you get the zoom item that you can clip to the top of your tv, it allows you to stand closer so that furniture does not need to be moved so far away. If you plan on getting a kinect this can be helpful.

I play kinect, but find its more fun if played with others. Examples being Wipe Out and Zumba Fitness with my kids. If you enjoy playing with others I would definitely say get kinect (although i would suggest only get the arcade 360 as its cheaper if kinect is your only reason for buying).

Otherwise as far as single player games for kinect, my experience is limited to only Rise of Nightmares, but I honestly found it kinda fun to play. So see how you feel about it and go for it if you truly think you would use it.

Last edited by Acid Wire; 11-30-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Acid Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #43
scuzzybum

WorserDoor4498's Gamercard
Set up the console a couple days back and have tried Kinect Adventures and Dance Central 3. Enjoyed DC3 a lot more though! Can't wait to get my hands on other exclusives!

Off topic but I set up my Xbox Live account and found out they actually generated a random username? My username is pretty crappy now! And sadly, someone have used the name I used in PSN, Steam, etc.
scuzzybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #44
searenox

sthetx9's Gamercard
If it is just kinect games then no..kinect games are fun if you have people to play with. I just love to dance with my friends in DC3.
searenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #45
Donjuan Antoine

Stk x Donjuan's Gamercard
If you like that kind of stuff

Games like these are only worth it if you are really into the whole moving around and gaming thing. Otherwise its a waste of money.
Donjuan Antoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #46
tmnterminator

TMNTerminator's Gamercard
Definately not. I love my Kinect, esp for active workout games and even fun ones like Gunstringer. But the kinect just has not worked out all the wrinkles to make it THE reason to buy a 360. Fortunately, there a ton of other great reasons to buy a 360, and a Kinect is one of those.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #47
CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Our cousin was pro-ps3 and anti-360 until he saw games using the kinect. After he saw those, he changed his mind about getting the 360 based on the kinect - because he had argued that exclusive games weren't worth it but the kinect made it worth it. (Not saying I agree, I'm the reverse from him about ps3 and 360 but just saying, for some people it does make it worth it)