PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
UFO Mission Glitched?

You gotta be kidding me here...it's 2 years passed the release, all patches out and I thought everything was fixed. But now, after some looking around, I'm faced with a problem people have had since 2012!

I accepted the Frontiersman mission for Unidentified Flying Object, was tired last night so I saved afterwards and came back today. I see the markers for each location in Boston where the Frontiersmen are but...not the one for the mission itself. Reading around, apparently this is some sort of glitch? Is there no kind of workaround for it?

I seriously do not want to start this game over again for one fucking mission. There's gotta be something to fix this...a way to cancel the mission maybe?
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:39 AM   #2
Jqod

Jqod's Gamercard
Uh oh... I appear to be in the same boat... Anyone know anything?
Jqod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:27 AM   #3
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqod View Post
Uh oh... I appear to be in the same boat... Anyone know anything?
I really don't want to be "that guy", as I've seen so many when this issue came to me. After hours and hours of looking around, with no answers...I had to start up an older save (if you don't have an older backed up save, you may have to start from the beginning...). It's such a terrible fix, needing to start over from the beginning or from an earlier location...but it's pretty much the only thing you can do.

I back up saves regularly, in case of weird stupid bullshit I'd have to deal with later...now even more so for the Ass Creed series.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #4
Jqod

Jqod's Gamercard
Thats lame... Ill just finish my playthrough and not get 100% than... this game isnt worth replaying
Old 01-04-2015, 02:48 AM   #5
Jqod

Jqod's Gamercard
Shouldnt the guide for this game be updated to show that the 100% game completion achievement is technically glitched? A lot of people have been having this issue for years...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqod View Post
Shouldnt the guide for this game be updated to show that the 100% game completion achievement is technically glitched? A lot of people have been having this issue for years...
I completely agree with that. It's definitely worth at least noting that this glitch is still active. Ontop of the glitches where you accept a Delivery Request or Assassination Contract, yet it doesn't save so you have to fast-travel away (a nearby spot works) and keep visiting the guy until it saves.