PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #91
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
I never really had any problems with this one as I went on and did other side quests only taking a little bit of time to do a little bit of scanning every so often.

Quote:
Praise The Lord, I finally saw Warren pluck the chicken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AblativMeatshld View Post
Well, if you're into that, I guess...
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that sounded so very dirty.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #92
Fortwaba

FortWaba's Gamercard
I'm still toiling with this. Can't get the last lumberer activity, they just walk about and smoke all day. I saw them once playing bowls but didn't think to scan. Haven't seen them do it again.
Fortwaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #93
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
just did em all never had problems with any of em except the miner who didnt want to mine but after fast travelling a few times and going back to the mine he eventually went to his shed and got his pick HURRAY the miner actually mined. Now if only i could get the god damn courier to appear havent seen a single one in 40 hours of gameplay.

Last edited by Suki; 12-03-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #94
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
When does Norris (the lazy one) pan for gold? It's the last one I need for the achievement. And I think he knows this and he isn't playing fair.

EDIT: Used the night/daytime hack to change to day and scanned he doing something else and got the achievement! Thought hacks disable achievements. Strange.

Last edited by Gman2; 12-01-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #95
Siziol

Siziolvec's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
EDIT: Used the night/daytime hack to change to day and scanned he doing something else and got the achievement! Thought hacks disable achievements. Strange.

you dont necessarily need the hack. if you load up a memory, like 2-1, and then wait to abort until after the cutscene and you take control, it'll reboot to early morning (I haven't tested it, but I feel it reboots to the time of sequence.)
Siziol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #96
Agent00047

Agent 47's Gamercard
I just got 3/3 on all the homesteaders and No achievement. Does anybody have any idea on how to still get it?!

Agent00047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #97
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
Any word on the patch not completely fixing this? I have 2/3 for the lumberers and scanned them looking at wood and it said I've already scanned it even though I hadn't. My first two were chopping wood and sawing a log.

The doctor only ever picks herbs and reads for me. I did all the other ones without a problem except these two.

Edit: I started for this achievement after the patch.

is it suggested to not scan multiple inhabitants together? Ex. Lumberer looking at wood with woodworker.
Windows Phone: 68

Last edited by Braiiins; 12-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #98
Supah Sage

Supah Sage's Gamercard
Confirmed tricks to help with this buggy cheevo!

I too was screwed by the bug before the patch came out. I just replayed the entire game (took about 10 hours) just to get this achievement. I used this compilation of tricks that people had been suggesting and had success!

1) If a homesteader is doing a previously scanned activity, go far enough away on the map that their icon no longer shows up on mini map. Then return and more often than not they will automatically be doing something else.

2) Persistently work on recording activities throughout your playthrough. However, don't expect to finish them all until after Sequence 12 is finished and your Homestead Missions are mostly finished. If you get one or two new activities per homesteader, per Sequence, be content and move on.

Sometimes you may not get any until several Sequences/Homestead Missions are completed. Miner and Doctor weren't 3/3 for me until after the credits had rolled and all Homestead missions were done.

3) GET THE BUGGIEST ONES FIRST. Get the lumberers and farmers especially, as soon as possible. Nail all 3/3 and don't procrastinate on those.

4) Use your Animus Hacks. I used "Always Daylight" and still got the cheevo to pop.

5) Use your vision mode to see when they are orange. Sometimes you can get credit for an activity when all it looks like the people are doing is walking.

Good luck!

Supah Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #99
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post
Had lumberes to 1/3, finally got 2/3 then straight after I seem Godfrey talking to lance and I knew I hadn't got that one so I scanned it and it said entry complete :/. Thought this was patched.
Same exact thing happened to me. I started the encyclopedia AFTER the patch. Had no problem with any of the activities but had 2/3 for the lumberers. Scanned them at the pile of wood and it said already completed. I am going to try and fool around with rescanning others or trying to catch the wife churning butter. I REALLY hope this is fixed so I don't have to replay everything. Any chance it'll get fixed again?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #100
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
All Ellen does is eat or smoke.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #101
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
So, I finally managed to finish this achievement. I can also add another action for Norris to the list. Sometimes, you'll see him with Lance as they examine the mine for structural defects.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #102
Concetto18

Concetto18's Gamercard
its rare of in one game of ubisoft have glitch. this game its better in graphics and gameplay
Concetto18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #103
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concetto18 View Post
its rare of in one game of ubisoft have glitch. this game its better in graphics and gameplay

Are you HIGH?

Yeah, the graphics look nicer, but that isn't anything to crow about - all games look better (or damned well SHOULD) as a franchise moves forward...

But to say that the gameplay is better is to either admit to a massive drug problem, or to being a shill for the fucking game company.
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #104
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I think this is the best AC yet, too bad the bugs get in the way.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #105
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Sage View Post
I too was screwed by the bug before the patch came out. I just replayed the entire game (took about 10 hours) just to get this achievement. I used this compilation of tricks that people had been suggesting and had success!

1) If a homesteader is doing a previously scanned activity, go far enough away on the map that their icon no longer shows up on mini map. Then return and more often than not they will automatically be doing something else.

2) Persistently work on recording activities throughout your playthrough. However, don't expect to finish them all until after Sequence 12 is finished and your Homestead Missions are mostly finished. If you get one or two new activities per homesteader, per Sequence, be content and move on.

Sometimes you may not get any until several Sequences/Homestead Missions are completed. Miner and Doctor weren't 3/3 for me until after the credits had rolled and all Homestead missions were done.

3) GET THE BUGGIEST ONES FIRST. Get the lumberers and farmers especially, as soon as possible. Nail all 3/3 and don't procrastinate on those.

4) Use your Animus Hacks. I used "Always Daylight" and still got the cheevo to pop.

5) Use your vision mode to see when they are orange. Sometimes you can get credit for an activity when all it looks like the people are doing is walking.

Good luck!
I'm quoting this because it worked so well for me. I was able to reduce a few hours of frustration with Norris to about five minutes of walking until I was able to finally finish this achievement. Thanks a lot!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #106
D0ctorNick

ixhuntxpandas's Gamercard
I can confirm using the always daylight hack is fine. I had the lumberers glitches at first, but here's how I got them done in about 10 minutes. Run from them to the tailor and immediately return using eagle vision. They should be orange and then scan, if you already have the activity repeat the run to the tailor. On my 3rd return the woman there was churning butter and it popped. Finally got my 1k after quite a few headaches!

Signature by LankstaTDOT
D0ctorNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #107
Hameb4

Where does the doctor like live? or where is he at on the map?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #108
The Kingslayer

B1ackbeard89's Gamercard
Is there any way to speed up time and go back to during the day ?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #109
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameb4 View Post
Kind of across from the church, IIRC.

I do recall that it is light bluish.
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #110
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameb4 View Post
Across from the lumberers I think. Its a yellow house I believe. There's an herb patch and tent/shed thing around back.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #111
Jesuit007

Saitta's Gamercard
Last one I need is Big Dave (at 2/3 now). All he does is use his forge, then back to the grindstone. He never leaves, and I've dropped in randomly to his place probably 30 times.

How do you get him to go shoe the horse?

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #112
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuit007 View Post
Last one I need is Big Dave (at 2/3 now). All he does is use his forge, then back to the grindstone. He never leaves, and I've dropped in randomly to his place probably 30 times.

How do you get him to go shoe the horse?
I caught him shoeing the horse while stopping by right before playing the last couple of story missions, all my homestead missions were done by this point.

However I cannot for the life of me get Ellen to wash the clothes in a bucket. Anyone have any tips on how get this to work? She constantly checks the chair, the shirt, those racks beside the porch, picks berries, and smokes, but never, ever washes clothes.

Edit: I ending up getting the cheevo a little bit after I posted. In case it helps anyone else, I was standing near her as she went back and forth between the chair and shirt. I walked down near the bucket and she ended up following me to it and started washing clothes. Not sure if it's coincidence or it triggered her to follow me but either way I'm very relieved to get this ridiculous achievement out of the way.

Last edited by TheMovement81; 12-11-2012 at 04:41 AM.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #113
SonOfStayPuft

Send a message via Skype™ to SonOfStayPuft

SonOfStayPuft82's Gamercard
Norris is doing my nut in. I've managed to scan him when he's in the Mine with Lance, but all he's seemed to do otherwise is f*ck off to the Pub and stand by the River Smoking.

I need the last Doctor Action too, and then i'm done. I've got him reading under his Tree, and him inspecting the Patient.

EDIT - I finally got the Achievement. Norris went into his little Shed and I scanned him when he came back out.

Last edited by SonOfStayPuft; 12-17-2012 at 10:25 AM.
SonOfStayPuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #114
PoopingFish

Poopingfish's Gamercard
So tedious. These people need to get to work and quit hanging out at the bar.
PoopingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #115
WesCoast

WesCoast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfStayPuft View Post
Norris is doing my nut in. I've managed to scan him when he's in the Mine with Lance, but all he's seemed to do otherwise is f*ck off to the Pub and stand by the River Smoking.

I need the last Doctor Action too, and then i'm done. I've got him reading under his Tree, and him inspecting the Patient.

EDIT - I finally got the Achievement. Norris went into his little Shed and I scanned him when he came back out.
Norris was the biggest pain because he is removed from everyone. Got mining and filling the lantern back to back, but it took several visits before he panned. Sometimes you can just watch him go in and out of the shed and hope he's carrying a tool. Usually for me, he would do one job and go smoke. When I got my gold panning, he commented about seeing me early so maybe you have to catch him first thing in the morning. He filled the lamp, then got his pan.

The rest? Work on gradually as said above. I would run between the houses and as long as you got far enough away they usually changed tasks. Shoeing the horse for the blacksmith took awhile. I got the doctor's third when he was talking to Norris and what's her face about their wedding where he normally reads. Dumb luck. Lumberers took awhile... Got them sawing a log, splitting wood, and loading the cart to finish it. No real issues for the rest... Started after the first patch and finished after the second.

I got Ellen washing clothes before her mission to NY for silk... Now I never see her washing. Now that the glitches are hopefully patched, start early and visit often. Best advice I've seen on this. Good luck.
WesCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #116
CrAsH4200

CrAsH4200's Gamercard
Still havin hard time gettin these lumberjacks. Got the choppin and loading on of wood. Got when they were talkin down by the saw mill but i guess it took that one 4 my wood tailor and i dont think i ever seen this bitch chern some butter but i bin twiddling with the day and night and snow and rain 2 get em 2 do dif shit but aint helpin.
CrAsH4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #117
Fireal20

fireal20's Gamercard
If you're having trouble finding some of the villagers, make sure to listen to all the interactive conversations. I was stuck at 2/3 on Lance for a while and couldn't find his icon anywhere but he was in the bar with the doctor. As soon as I hit the conversation, he went back to his house.
Fireal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #118
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
WTF?!?!?!?!?

Godfrey and Terry don't do anything. I've gotten to see them work together chopping wood...THAT's IT. Godfrey walks around all the time and eats an apple on a regular basis. Terry seems to spawn on top of a hill, then walk down to inspect a wheel on the cart with the wood on it. I'm going to go back to them after I finish the game, and hopefully they will be doing something other than what I've mentioned. This is definitely one of the dumbest achievements ever created.
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #119
tetraconigo

tetraconigo's Gamercard
I had issues getting a final activity for Norris (miner). After multiple fast travels with the sun and moon hack turned on, I finally found him working on the mine with the blacksmith repairing a sagging section of the tunnel near the entrance. Scanned this and it worked to give me 3/3 activities. I've checked several websites and haven't found this activity listed. Although to be fair I did not read through this entire thread so I may have missed it. Hope this helps someone as it was frustrating me to no end.
tetraconigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #120
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAsH4200 View Post
Still havin hard time gettin these lumberjacks. Got the choppin and loading on of wood. Got when they were talkin down by the saw mill but i guess it took that one 4 my wood tailor and i dont think i ever seen this bitch chern some butter but i bin twiddling with the day and night and snow and rain 2 get em 2 do dif shit but aint helpin.
I got nearly all my activities through the day, but while I followed the damn woodworker around for 2 days trying to get his last activity, on the second day when he went into his house for the night I went straight to lumberers and got there last activity at night. One of the lumberers was standing on cart full of wood and the other was standing at the back of the cart. I hope this helps.

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13, 85.48% 23/09/13
Game Completion Percentage now 87.07% 06/04/14 (still need 498 achievements on previously played games to get to 90% )
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote