PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #121
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAsH4200 View Post
Still havin hard time gettin these lumberjacks. Got the choppin and loading on of wood. Got when they were talkin down by the saw mill but i guess it took that one 4 my wood tailor and i dont think i ever seen this bitch chern some butter but i bin twiddling with the day and night and snow and rain 2 get em 2 do dif shit but aint helpin.
same thing for me, i only needed 1 lumber, 1 tailor, and 1 blacksmith and i was on sequence 10.

one thing i did was fill all the wood resources and items for tailoring and the stuff for the blacksmith, then i just kept going back, quit out and go back, repeating this method i eventually got the lumber and blacksmith in the same time i was in the game.

when i quit out i actually quit out at the area where i needed, example being the circle on the map of the item, like the lumber yard, when i did this i managed to get it so maybe you could try this, not saying it will work but it's worth a shot seeing as i got it doing this after only 6 quit/reloads.

good luck.

EDIT: got my achievement now, after trying to quit reload to get the last tailor task i needed, she was doing the same task so i just walked away over to the nearby table and chairs where you normally see her sat with corinne, so i stood near there and after she did a task she then did another and after that did another one which is the one i was missing, so if someone can try the quit/reload method and then just wait in the area to see if it works for them, im guessing though you would have to try this when one of the workers are actually doing a task so they can finish it and then go to another task, it won't work if they are already walking around.

it's worth a try.

Last edited by jpg30; 01-10-2013 at 04:14 AM.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #122
VideInfra86

videinfra86's Gamercard
Unhappy Norrisssssss!!

ive just about had it with norris now, all i need to do is to see him panning for gold by the river, but he never does it! im post-story now and all he does is leave the house with that tasty piece of ass myriam, then walk around and mine.

any easy ways to get him to pan in the river???
VideInfra86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #123
ghamlin24

FearFallenAngel's Gamercard
I can't find the tailor and Norris never does anything!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #124
ghamlin24

FearFallenAngel's Gamercard
When I scan Norris getting his tools sharpened, the game thinks I am scanning Big Dave.
-After this post I watched Morris light his lamp and then go pan for gold. I also purchased all of his gold ore, I am not sure if that helped.

Last edited by ghamlin24; 01-16-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Add On
ghamlin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #125
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found this achievement to be a blatant way to lengthen people's time spent on this game. The events are so random; it doesn't require any skill.

I randomly scanned people as I was playing the game and doing missions. Towards the end, I just stalked the ones who I was still missing. Followed them everywhere they went, just like a creeper. Lol.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #126
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is a pain sometimes, they are Gold but won't register first time or takes a while.

Latest example for the Innkeepers:
Oliver - Preparing/chopping up a pig carcass, it wouldn't register (yes I was doing it right, I already finished Farmers and Woodworker). I then seen Corrine slapping a bull making it do work, that registered, so went back to Oliver and it worked.

As a result I can't get Lumberers to register, I have seen Terry and Dan sawing wood and Catherine churning butter.

I have finished Sequence 6, so far I have:
Farmers 3/3
Woodworker - 3/3
Huntress - 2/3
Innkeepers 2/3
Lumberers - 1/3
Miner - 0/3

Not yet added to Homestead:
Blacksmith
Doctor
Tailor

Still loads to go.

Last edited by cjdavies; 01-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #127
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
I am only missing Norris 3/3 and the Woodworker 3/3.

Any ideas as to what time of day and tips or tricks to obtain these final 2 ?

What is it exactly that they are doing at 3/3 ?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #128
Insomnic Gamer

insomnic_gamer@hotmail.com's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl Synical lX View Post

Just follow them around and keep checking. Sometimes, it will look like they are doing the same thing but they aren't. I got the achievement a little while ago, there's not really getting around it.
Insomnic Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #129
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnic Gamer View Post
Just follow them around and keep checking. Sometimes, it will look like they are doing the same thing but they aren't. I got the achievement a little while ago, there's not really getting around it.
I've followed them around. I think I'll go mad if I continue.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #130
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have a problem.. I have never EVER seen Lance before (the woodworker) Is there certain times of the day he shows up or come out or something? Because I have never seen him before..

Does this sound like a glitch or does anyone else have the same problem?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #131
sinsix

sinsix's Gamercard
If I beat the game, can I still complete EOTCM challenges?

I create custom signatures. Just ask.

Completed: Halo 3, 3D Ultra Mini Golf Fuzion Frenzy 2,
Marble Blast Ultra, Cars, Pocketbike Racer, NBA Live '06
Call of Duty 2, Condemned, NBA 2K6, King Kong, Madden '06,
College Hoops 2K6, Big Game Hunter 2008,
TMNT, Fight Night 3, Bankshot Billiards 2, NFS Most Wanted,
Avatar, African Safari, NHL 2K6.
sinsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #132
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Never mind.. turns out I needed to complete the interactive conversations with Lance first.. then he spawned, Finally done with this game until new dlc comes out..
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #133
bizegar

bizegar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl Synical lX View Post

Use Eagle Vision, the homesteaders will light up when they are doing a scannable task. Norris and the woodworker were my last two and once I started using Eagle Vision I found the tasks I'd been missing.
bizegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #134
MetallicaDan

Send a message via AIM to MetallicaDan Send a message via MSN to MetallicaDan Send a message via Yahoo to MetallicaDan

Un4g1v3N80's Gamercard
Using the Animus weather/season hack to always sunny, day time definitely seemed to help. I actually loved this game but this achievement was retarded. I literally spent 15 minutes following the lumberer old lady walk around and wash windows until finally she churned some butter and I got the cheevo... I got an achievement for watching a woman churn butter, let that sink in for a moment...
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #135
Deuces Tecum

quiksilvir's Gamercard
He never panned in the river for me. I don't remember which actions he did, but it wasn't panning. I think he sharpened pick, messed with the lantern, and i think something by myriam's house. There's more than just 3 actions I think for each NPC.
Deuces Tecum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #136
NoThru22

Send a message via AIM to NoThru22

Macello's Gamercard
I read somewhere that crafting better mining tools increases the chance of seeing Norris sharpen them, but I'm not sure.
NoThru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #137
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
This is awesome! Thanks for putting it up!

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #138
JoeHetherington

JoeHetherington's Gamercard
getting so annoyed with this achievement now! and all for 10g *sigh*

I had no trouble getting all of them scanned until I had lumberjacks and miner left.... been about 2 days I have spent so long watching the lumberers ALL DAY and all they ever do is go fishing! ocassionally they smoke and once or twice I have seen them load the cart which I have obviously scanned, but never reading a newspaper or any of the other actions listed. And all Catherine ever does is clean the windows over and over again, i've never seen her churning butter. It's so frustrating.

in the case of norris (the miner) I see most people are having difficulty seeing him pan for gold... every single time I go there he is panning for gold and does it for hours at a time! I have never seen him mine or anything else. However, it gave me a scanned activity when I scanned him just standing around doing nothing so apparently I have 2/3 but if I scan him lighting a lantern it says activity already scanned, and when I tried to scan him sharpening tools it just wouldn't let me focus on the character?! this achievement is driving me insane does anyone have any tips for getting the lumberers to do jobs or seeing norris do anything except pan for gold?!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #139
Agent Walrus

Ag3nt Walrus's Gamercard
Check the time of day

This one took a dedicated 2 hour sit down, but just focus on each character one at a time, and check the time of day! characters do different stuff at different times of day. Don't be afraid to chill on someone's roof for the night and spy on them first thing in the morning as they milk the cow haha
Agent Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #140
Lyco

Lyco499's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lls1gn View Post
Never mind.. turns out I needed to complete the interactive conversations with Lance first.. then he spawned, Finally done with this game until new dlc comes out..
THANK YOU!! Left this achievement mostly done not long after the game first came out. Just finished the DLC so decided to finish this too, did all the entries I was missing damn quick and easy (which is nuts because I was having so much trouble before) but I spent way over 2 hours running round and round the Homestead looking for Lance who I have 0/3 with.

He was nowhere to be found until I saw your comment and did the conversation with him. Now I've actually found him, we'll see if I can record his actions though lol. Again, thank you, was going crazy.

Lyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #141
RumbleFish10

RumbleFish10's Gamercard
dude this one took forever
RumbleFish10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #142
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
Right the lumberers are annoying me I've got 2/3 and I haven't seen catherine churn butter but when I watch her doing it it says its already been scanned when it hasnt? :/
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #143
AliasDJA

Alias DJA's Gamercard
where is the map that shows the locations?
AliasDJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #144
N3m36

Vadok NSC's Gamercard
Press select. All locations of craftsmen should be on your map, follow their names on your minimap.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #145
AliasDJA

Alias DJA's Gamercard
Is there a jpeg of all the locations available?
AliasDJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #146
sharkboy66

sharkboy66's Gamercard
Help! I've got every artisan/tradesman at 3/3 except the woodworker Lance. He's at 1/3 but seems to have completely disappeared from the homestead. I've completed the main storyline and he still doesn't show up. He's never at his place of work and his indicator is nowhere to be seen either. Any clues as to where or how he can be found?
sharkboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #147
LittleAngelFox

this might be a glitch or i am just blind but i can never find Norris the Miner on the map. I have tryed looking for him at the mine by the river and his house. Where can he be?
LittleAngelFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #148
Refused I

Refused II's Gamercard
Really not looking forward to going for this achievement
Refused I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #149
strikerzex911

Strykerz911's Gamercard
Just fyi, make sure you complete all interactions on the homestead before going for this achievement. If you don't, then some characters won't appear for you to scan.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #150
riichartson91

riichartson91's Gamercard
I really don't know how so many players had have problem nailing this achievment. I do it after completing all of the homestead missions and got in under two hours. Extra tip: if you scan an activity succesfully just wait for him to end his work and they go to their home, cabin etc. then just wait a little moment and they come out to start a new activity. Quaranteed to work with Norris, Big Dave, Lance, Oliver.