PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #61
Xenharmonic

DUS Xenharmonic's Gamercard
This is an awesome thread, cheers! Should have 'The Challenger' achievement soon
Xenharmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #62
thefokusedone

18 Regicides definitely seems impossible. By my math if u got the minimum points for a regicide (15) then 18 kills would put you at 270. It's possible but you can't kill anybody else ever. And if you're the king you might as well not even shoot.

I did notice the guy posting the "guide" said get 18 kills as the king, which would be a different strategy entirely....hmmmm.
thefokusedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #63
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefokusedone View Post
18 Regicides definitely seems impossible. By my math if u got the minimum points for a regicide (15) then 18 kills would put you at 270. It's possible but you can't kill anybody else ever. And if you're the king you might as well not even shoot.

I did notice the guy posting the "guide" said get 18 kills as the king, which would be a different strategy entirely....hmmmm.
18 kills as the king definitely isn't it. I was the king for a whole match and had 30 kills, and nothing for me. 18 Regicides is ridiculous.

Edit: Yep, screw this. I just won a game where I would only kill the king but I only ended up with 15 regicides. I think the extra bounty points screwed me over.

Last edited by JohnnyR74; 11-13-2012 at 12:20 AM.
JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #64
FamousLastX

FamousLastX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR74 View Post
18 kills as the king definitely isn't it. I was the king for a whole match and had 30 kills, and nothing for me. 18 Regicides is ridiculous.

Edit: Yep, screw this. I just won a game where I would only kill the king but I only ended up with 15 regicides. I think the extra bounty points screwed me over.
Exactly, I don't know how they expect anyone to do this. So IF you kill just the king and manage to kill him 18 times before he manages to kill anyone and raise his bounty then it's possible...yeah that's really likely to happen. I'll be damned curious to see if anyone here does manage to get it though. If so I give them mad props.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #65
Anatoliy K

Send a message via AIM to Anatoliy K

Anatoliy K's Gamercard
Hey guys, I just had 15 regicides in my match. I teamed up with a guy. What we did was that we just went back and forth just killing each other. If we were king, we would NOT kill anyone so that the bounty wouldn't go up. Unfortunately, it was us 2 trying to coordinate against 6 other people who were going true FFA. If anyone wants to do the challenge with me, the max party size is 6. If we have 6 people coordinating, the challenge shouldn't be so bad. Add me as a friend, and I'll def help out - Anatoliy K.
Anatoliy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #66
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
Has anybody tried doing the 18 regicides in a custom match? It technically is under War Games, so it might work.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #67
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Sigma View Post
Has anybody tried doing the 18 regicides in a custom match? It technically is under War Games, so it might work.
It has to be in the playlist which = matchmaking.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #68
InjectDisparity

Injectdisparity's Gamercard
I'm up for boosting the 18 regicides if we have a party of 6, add my GT: InjectDisparity
InjectDisparity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #69
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
War Games Challenges

Daily Challenges 11/12/2012
- Total 4100XP

Drop Bears! - 2750XP
Assassinate 3 players in a single match.

Raise the Flag - 1350XP
Win 3 matchmaking Capture the Flag matches.

Weekly Challenges 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 10450XP

King Slayer - 4350XP
Earn 80 Regicides.

Deposed! - 6100XP
Earn 18 Regicides in a single match.

November Monthly Challenge - Total 17343XP

To The Victor Go The Spoils - 17343XP
Win 117 matchmaking War Games Matches.

Suggested Roadmap

Daily
Drop Bears!, standard challenge you need to get 3 assassinations in a single match. Just run up behind an opponent and hit the RB button. Your character will go into an animation and kill the opponent.

Raise the Flat, simply put you need to win 3 games of Capture the Flag in matchmaking.

Weekly
The Kingslayer, while in the Regicide playlist, you need to get 80 kills as the King.

Deposed!, in a single game of Regicide you need to get 18 kills as the king.

Monthly
To The Victor Go The Spoils, something new to the challenges and worth more XP that the Dailies and Weeklies this one is going to take a while, but you need to get 117 WG match wins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spartan Ops Challenges

Weekly Challenges - 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 11500XP

Gagarin Legend - 1500XP
Complete Gagarin in Artifact on Legendary difficulty.

Harvesting Hunters - 2500XP
Kill 10 Hunters.

Leader of the Pack
- 1250XP
Kill 10 Crawlers in a single Spartan Ops mission.

Watchful Avenger - 1500XP
Kill 20 Watchers.

Knightmare - 1750XP
Kill 30 Knights.

Heroic Episode - 3000XP
Complete all missions in chapter ID -1 is Invalid, on Heroic or Higher difficulty

Suggested Roadmap

Gagarin Legend, pretty standard you just need to complete the episode Gagarin on Legendary difficulty. Can be Solo or Co-op.

Harvesting Hunters, over the week you need to kill 10 Hunters. If you can play last week's episodes the best for them is on Core you face two at the end of the mission.

Leader of the Pack, you need to kill 10 Crawlers in a single Spartan Ops mission.

Watchful Avenger, during the course of the week you need to kill 20 Avengers.

Knightmare, over the course of the week you need to kill 30 Knights.

Heroic Episode, you need to complete the Spartan Ops mission ID -1 is Invalid on Heroic difficulty or higher. Quite honestly this seems like a typo as I write this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign Challenges

Weekly Challenges - 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 6750XP

The Toughest of Luck - 2000XP
Complete any Campaign mission on Heroic or higher difficulty with the Tough Luck skull.

That's No Moon! - 4750XP
Complete Requiem solo on Legendary difficulty.

Suggested Roadmap

The Toughest of Luck, you need to complete any campaign mission on Heroic difficulty with the Tough Luck skull turned on.

That's No Moon!, you need to complete Requiem the second mission on Legendary difficulty solo. So far there are two guides of walkthroughs of this mission and each is very different. One is more of a quick pass through the level while the other is a more caution approach. Both work well, it just depends on how you like to do it.

Nak3d Eli v2

Mythic Tyrant
Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #70
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Hugh Man View Post

That should be 20 watchers, not avengers. Just thought I would point that out for you.

JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #71
LethalEdge

LethalEdge's Gamercard
Which chapters have Hunters in them?

100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #72
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalEdge View Post
Which chapters have Hunters in them?
I know the Episode 1, Chapter 1 has two of them on Legendary at the end. Don't know about the easier difficulties.

Does anyone know what Spartan Ops chapters have the most Knights and Watchers? I know you can get 10 Crawlers on Ep. 1, Ch. 4 - 'Sacred' easily.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 11-13-2012 at 04:31 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
FamousLastX

FamousLastX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
I know the Episode 1, Chapter 1 has two of them on Legendary at the end. Don't know about the easier difficulties.

Does anyone know what Spartan Ops chapters have the most Knights and Watchers? I know you can get 10 Crawlers on Ep. 1, Ch. 4 - 'Sacred' easily.
Episode 2 Chapter 5 had quite a bit. I thought I wasn't going to get the Knights done all in one playthrough of the episode as most of the episode seems to focus on covenant enemies, so give that a go
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #74
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousLastX View Post
Episode 2 Chapter 5 had quite a bit. I thought I wasn't going to get the Knights done all in one playthrough of the episode as most of the episode seems to focus on covenant enemies, so give that a go
Thanks. What difficulty did you play on?

I went through some videos of someone playing on Heroic, and I counted 8-10 Knights on Ep. 1, Ch. 5 (there were 5-6 on Ch. 4). Also counted around 18-20 Watchers on Ep. 1, Ch. 3. So I'll probably do those. Or maybe Ep. 2, Ch. 5.

I wonder if there's a different amount on easier difficulties. Want to get these quick and don't want to go through the frustration of playing them on Heroic. If I have to play them a couple of times, I don't mind. They don't take that long.

There are more than enough Crawlers on either of these chapters to get the "Kill 10 Crawlers in a single Spartan Ops mission" challenge.

As far as the Hunters, I said that there are two at the end of Land Grab on Legendary. Any others in any other Chapter? Anyone know if there's still two on easier difficulties?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #75
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone else having a problem where you cant load the start of Requim? The earliest point I can do it says Rally Point Alpha yet that loads me with a Warthog right before the first fight area
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #76
Skittle_Juice

Skittle Juice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
As far as the Hunters, I said that there are two at the end of Land Grab on Legendary. Any others in any other Chapter? Anyone know if there's still two on easier difficulties?
The quickest way to do that challenge is to load up Episode 2 Chapter 3 on normal difficulty. Pick up the rocket launcher next to your spawn and make a b line to the two hunters that spawn. Restart the mission and repeat.
Skittle_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #77
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
ONE more challenge away from the achievement

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #78
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle_Juice View Post
The quickest way to do that challenge is to load up Episode 2 Chapter 3 on normal difficulty. Pick up the rocket launcher next to your spawn and make a b line to the two hunters that spawn. Restart the mission and repeat.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #79
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Hugh Man View Post
~snip~
Why not update the OP that way we don't have to sift in the pages, obviously past challenges wont be able to be completed so no need to keep them posted.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #80
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
To be honest, I found the kingslayer challenge rather easy, should of been 150-200 regicides to be honest. I must admit, I had fun working towards that.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #81
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I got 'Drop Bears' with two assassinations in one game, then one in the next.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #82
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle_Juice View Post
You can even do this on easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I got 'Drop Bears' with two assassinations in one game, then one in the next.
The same thing happened to me, but I'm not complaining even though I did easily do it later on.

For the 18 Regicides in a single match, is anyone having the bar fill up in the lobby? I had mine at 17, went into a Regicide match, and the first Regicide got me the challenge. These challenges are so glitchy compared to Reach.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #83
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
For the 18 Regicides in a single match, is anyone having the bar fill up in the lobby? I had mine at 17, went into a Regicide match, and the first Regicide got me the challenge. These challenges are so glitchy compared to Reach.
I just got it. Had my regicides from the first game carry into the second. I didn't have enough even then, and I checked and it had reset on the challenges page. In the third game it unlocked after a few king kills. I have no clue how the hell these challenges are supposed to work anymore
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #84
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
War Games Challenges

Daily Challenges 11/14/2012
- Total 3750XP

Spray and Pray - 1250XP
Get 15 kills with an Automatic Loadout weapon.

Deposed! - 2500XP
Earn 10 Regicides in a single match.

Weekly Challenges 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 10450XP

King Slayer - 4350XP
Earn 80 Regicides.

Deposed! - 6100XP
Earn 18 Regicides in a single match.

November Monthly Challenge - Total 17343XP

To The Victor Go The Spoils - 17343XP
Win 117 matchmaking War Games Matches.

Suggested Roadmap

Daily
Spray and Pray, in a War Games match you need to get 15 kills with an automatic weapon (AR, Needler, Storm Rifle).

Deposed!, you need to get 10 regicides in a single War Games match.

Weekly
The Kingslayer, while in the Regicide playlist, you need to get 80 kills as the King.

Deposed!, in a single game of Regicide you need to get 18 kills as the king.

Monthly
To The Victor Go The Spoils, something new to the challenges and worth more XP that the Dailies and Weeklies this one is going to take a while, but you need to get 117 WG match wins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spartan Ops Challenges

Weekly Challenges - 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 11500XP

Gagarin Legend - 1500XP
Complete Gagarin in Artifact on Legendary difficulty.

Harvesting Hunters - 2500XP
Kill 10 Hunters.

Leader of the Pack
- 1250XP
Kill 10 Crawlers in a single Spartan Ops mission.

Watchful Avenger - 1500XP
Kill 20 Watchers.

Knightmare - 1750XP
Kill 30 Knights.

Heroic Episode - 3000XP
Complete all missions in chapter ID -1 is Invalid, on Heroic or Higher difficulty

Suggested Roadmap

Gagarin Legend, pretty standard you just need to complete the episode Gagarin on Legendary difficulty. Can be Solo or Co-op.

Harvesting Hunters, over the week you need to kill 10 Hunters. If you can play last week's episodes the best for them is on Core you face two at the end of the mission.

Leader of the Pack, you need to kill 10 Crawlers in a single Spartan Ops mission.

Knightmare, over the course of the week you need to kill 30 Knights.

Heroic Episode, you need to complete the Spartan Ops mission ID -1 is Invalid on Heroic difficulty or higher. Quite honestly this seems like a typo as I write this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign Challenges

Weekly Challenges - 11/12/2012 - 11/18/2012 - Total 6750XP

The Toughest of Luck - 2000XP
Complete any Campaign mission on Heroic or higher difficulty with the Tough Luck skull.

That's No Moon! - 4750XP
Complete Requiem solo on Legendary difficulty.

Suggested Roadmap

The Toughest of Luck, you need to complete any campaign mission on Heroic difficulty with the Tough Luck skull turned on.

That's No Moon!, you need to complete Requiem the second mission on Legendary difficulty solo. So far there are two guides of walkthroughs of this mission and each is very different. One is more of a quick pass through the level while the other is a more caution approach. Both work well, it just depends on how you like to do it.

Nak3d Eli v2

Mythic Tyrant
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #85
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
If there are more "assassination" challenges in the future, I highly highly recommend Infinity Slayer Pro, on Haven. I played a game there two or three days ago, and I got maybe 6 assassinations in one game without trying. It's simple to just sprint around, drop in the little slits near the middle of the map to get from the top level to the bottom, then run to one of the staircases where people typically sit and "snipe" with DMRs. I did the same thing yesterday and got the challenge done first game.

It's also a good way to get the assassination commendation completed, for those seeking to obtain the Venator armor quickly.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #86
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It sucked that yesterdays challenge was CTF as that seemed to bring all the kill-whores into the mode (Or I was unlucky with matchmaking lol) which was less than fun.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #87
Lavindathar
The Amyrlin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
10 regicides, good. 18 was nigh impossible, as you can only kill the king and no one else otherwise your always the king. 10 is fine.

Edit - got ten first attempt on haven. Was on complex first, but that's hard as the map is huge and too much time spent running.
Last Achievement : Weed Whacker Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbox One) - 50g
Last 100% Completion : Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 11-14-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #88
FamousLastX

FamousLastX's Gamercard
Really not a fan with what 343 has done with challenges so far. They just seem uninspired and in many cases buggy or altogether messed up.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #89
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousLastX View Post
Really not a fan with what 343 has done with challenges so far. They just seem uninspired and in many cases buggy or altogether messed up.
I'm 50-50 about the whole thing, theres some I like and theres been some I dislike.

I'm the type of guy that would usually just play team slayer and that would be it but because of those challenges it's making me try out different game modes I generally wouldn't play like King of the Hill, Regicide and Capture the Flag. I found it to be a nice change of pace with challenges related to objective game type based wins.

I would like to see some more creativity in these challenges though, like hold the oddball for a full minute or control a hill by yourself for it's entire duration. Perhaps trying to get a win or a few in each playlist rather than just the one playlist. I pretty much like challenges that ask you to play different game types, especially objective based, you find more people that want to play the objective rather than playing to kill people and increase their kdr.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #90
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
"Heroic Episode, you need to complete the Spartan Ops mission ID -1 is Invalid on Heroic difficulty or higher. Quite honestly this seems like a typo as I write this."

NEVERMIND, found the answer in the stickied spartan ops thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Finish The Core in Episode 1 on Heroic/Legendary to get the Heroic Episode challenge done.
ALSO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenixF47 View Post
Also, the challenge for the week says to do Core in Arrival on Legendary. However, after I soloed all of Arrival on Legendary it still said incomplete. You have to do Core in Departure on Legendary to complete the challenge, making it a duplicate of last week's.

Last edited by Vectorman953; 11-14-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote