PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's NOT That BAD!!

Seriously do not even take note of how most reviews are saying this is a bad game, it's not. It's a mixutre of CoD + BF3. If you like FPS I'd definitely pick it up, kinda annoyed with the amount of people stating it's rubbish it's not bad avoid it blah blah. It's not yes the campaign is short lived and it should of been a $50 retail game price not the full $60. But overall I'd say it's not bad, it's fun and if anybody else enjoys the game feel free to hit me up on XBL .
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm really tempted to get this game. I've heard it's definitely a fun game, just has quite a few glitches. I may wait for it to go down.
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Smoochy, that's probably your best bet. Wait for it to hit $30 or $40, which will more than likely happen soon. That way, you save money, and it gives you time to receive as many patches as they put out. It isn't terrible - I'm having a blast with the SP, I just hate the MP - but I don't think it was worth the full $60.

It was a fun, new military FPS to tide me over until 'Assassin's Creed 3' in three days.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Legend Xz

Legend Xz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTodger View Post
Seriously do not even take note of how most reviews are saying this is a bad game, it's not. It's a mixutre of CoD + BF3. If you like FPS I'd definitely pick it up, kinda annoyed with the amount of people stating it's rubbish it's not bad avoid it blah blah. It's not yes the campaign is short lived and it should of been a $50 retail game price not the full $60. But overall I'd say it's not bad, it's fun and if anybody else enjoys the game feel free to hit me up on XBL .

I love this game.In my opinion its better then COD and battlefield, even though it does have some glitches.
Legend Xz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
uberman45

psychoticalpaca's Gamercard
it was an ok game but there were far too many bugs for it to be a good game, the amount of times i was pushed out of cover by my AI team mates is annoying!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Agreed! I'm having a blast with this game and it's not bad, maybe just average. This games reviews though are a good excample of why i NEVER rely on Reviews for my choice in games!
Most reviewers are using dubble standards: short campaign? So did BF 3 and every CoD. Generic characters and forgettable plot? True for 90% of ANY game out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Benny34
Banned User

Not bad game but it's ok... But smoochy pick it up during thanksgiving time LoL that's when all the games drop price and that's a month away and I am sure MoH will drop pretty low
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
As much as I disliked the beta, I'm actually enjoying the multiplayer. The story mode was very boring for me and the plot didn't seem to have much passion behind it for me to want to care about the story or characters.

I rented it though and after I play black ops will then decide which one I would like to buy. But the multiplayer alone if you play it right can be worth your time, so people should give it a try.
Y0UNIK0RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Thumbs down

I picked this up pre-owned from gamestop with a legit EA code lol that was the best thing about the game IMO. I really enjoyed 2010 MOH story this seems slapped together, and disjointed story wise. graphically frostbite 2 has never looked worse, it's beyond me how a game with smaller and few maps at launch than B3 can have worse textures. Gonna tear through all the SP achievements and return before my 7 days is up.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
Batmans Corpse

Batmans corpse's Gamercard
I agree the reviews are way too harsh.
Batmans Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
masonjrob

transvestitute's Gamercard
i loved the beta and i have to agree its totally a medium from BF3 and CoD. i myself have always been into the cod franchise and im just getting into battlefield. but im stoked that MOH found a spot where i dont feel like im totally in a new spot.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjrob View Post
i loved the beta and i have to agree its totally a medium from BF3 and CoD. i myself have always been into the cod franchise and im just getting into battlefield. but im stoked that MOH found a spot where i dont feel like im totally in a new spot.
^^ This! I haven't played a CoD MP since MW 2 and i don't think i ever will again. BF will always be the only MP game i can play all year round but every now and then i like something diffirent.
MoH fills that void for me, i'm having a lot of fun playing team death match again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
he1nz

he1nz's Gamercard
I don't understand the tsunami of BS reviews this game has received.. Makes me wonder about the state of gaming journalism!

MoH Warfighter rocks!! Only thing I could wish for is some more multiplayer modes without respawns. Oh, and Homerun mode should have never happened! Football with guns!?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Tomtam

TomTam 89FIN's Gamercard
It's really fun if you have a friend to play with, I have all MP cheevos because I played with a friend who knew what he was doing.
Tomtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
I picked this up pre-owned from gamestop with a legit EA code lol that was the best thing about the game IMO. I really enjoyed 2010 MOH story this seems slapped together, and disjointed story wise. graphically frostbite 2 has never looked worse, it's beyond me how a game with smaller and few maps at launch than B3 can have worse textures. Gonna tear through all the SP achievements and return before my 7 days is up.
The story may seem disjointed because they are telling it backwards. But it does make sense. Truly a good story I do wonder what events inspired some of the missions. The pirate snipe I can guess but the phillipines I do wonder where that was inspired from.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #16
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have put about 10hrs into the mp and finished the sp on hard mode. I am really enjoying it. The mp has a few issues(TALKING ABOUT U MENU), but overall very enjoyable. There are classes for everybodys game play style. Lots of camping, but name me one popular mp game that there is not. I think the graphics look great. Some of the guns are weak but seemed balanced. Its no 9 out of 10 but better than what people are saying. I do think this is the last MOH we will see tho. I really think this was a trial and error for things to come in battlefield 4,
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
SilentStrike011

I think this is a really good game, i'm bored of CoD and I stopped playing Battlefield when rent-a-server ruined it for me and I'm having a lot of fun on the mp, short sp but not too bad and impressive graphics but compared to the last Medal of Honor this is a huge step forward. The previous one was abysmal.

As for bugs and glitches, unless it's a gamebreaker, they're kind of irrelevant since they tend to be patched within a few weeks of release and BF3 was worse for this in my opinion. This game deserves more credit.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
The story may seem disjointed because they are telling it backwards. But it does make sense. Truly a good story I do wonder what events inspired some of the missions. The pirate snipe I can guess but the phillipines I do wonder where that was inspired from.
Oh I know I just think the different pieces could have been sewn together better, I dont mind thinking while playing a game. But having to re-think ok wait was this before or after x y z gets annoying. Especially when they re-used the end scene from the last MOH half way through
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I thought the campaign was horribly done. The ending (about heroes, fathers, courage, etc.) was so disjointed from the rest of the game. They could've done a better job of making it more emotional to us as players. Then that ending would've been great instead of tacky.

In the previous MoH, for example, that "impossible" mission where you have to hold out until reinforcements come was extremely well done. Gave you a (more) real sense of what troops might feel in real combat -- not knowing when you'll get help, fighting against the odds, holding out as long as you can.

No such moments in this game.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
Karlman 72

karlman 72's Gamercard
I like the game,great if you have a friend to team with,but last night the europe servers were all empty and i had to join US servers to get a game
Karlman 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Xboxology Yolo

Send a message via MSN to Xboxology Yolo Send a message via Skype™ to Xboxology Yolo

2p33d1xg0n241es's Gamercard
This game is a disappointment and pointless when they have other FPS shooters like Battlefield from EA.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #22
SpartanTwelve

SpartanTwelve's Gamercard
Personally I liked the single player and online which I've played since the game came out and still am. The reviewers and "critics" have been way over the top.
This is no way as bad as people are making it out to be. It certainly isn't in my (26 years of playing games) opinion.
SpartanTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
Meh, kinda shitty all round... quite like the first medal of honour in that regard, another cod rip off...
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
SpartanTwelve

SpartanTwelve's Gamercard
Kind of funny you say that. MOH was the original COD followed it. I still prefer MOH though it's slower paced unlike COD which feels arcadey to me. I still like both though.
SpartanTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #25
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
I stopped playing this game.....MoH has lost in imo...just as CoD has since MW1

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
i dont think the game is very good. i loved the one that came out in 2010. enjoyed the heck out of it. this one feels rushed. the multiplayer is kinda weird to me as well. it doesnt even tell u if u killed someone. haha but i guess everything will seem weird after 1000+ hrs of bf3

gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
CaptainKicker

Send a message via MSN to CaptainKicker

Zefph's Gamercard
Just completed it. It's just a mess. So many bugs and glitches. Story is not fun, and the gameplay is'nt really anything special. Boring missions and places in general.

The positive site is, that multiplayer is enjoyable.

Xbox One: Day One Edition Owner!
CaptainKicker is offline   Reply With Quote