Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
DarkDigiDragon

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkDigiDragon

DarkDigiDragonX's Gamercard
I think I glitched the game out.

So, I haven't played Halo 4 in a LONG time. It's been months, and I was feeling pretty nostalgic about playing it again, so earlier today I popped in the disc. I was surprised that there's no update, whatever I moved on. I reach the main menu, press start and the game kind of loops on the checking for dlc loading screen. After about 3 minutes I give up and press the eject button so I can get to the dashboard. (I know it's a very bad idea to dashboard when loading a game save, but I didn't think it was actually loading my save file.) My Xbox freezes briefly and then "26 Achievements for 720G" pops up on my screen and my jaw dropped. I don't know what happened, I was just trying to play my game. Some of these achievements look like I may have gotten them legit but they didn't unlock back then, the rest not even close. I have no idea because I haven't played in so long. On the worse side of things all my loadouts and customization's got reset. I still have everything unlocked, including my level being 32, but it gave me the first multiplayer boot intro and everything so I have to set up all my classes and armor again. I feel like I cheated, I'm not too comfortable with this, it feels great but also terrible and I don't know what to do.

"The more pure something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it." -Anonymous

Last edited by DarkDigiDragon; 12-07-2014 at 01:53 AM.
DarkDigiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #2
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Bloodborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDigiDragon View Post
-snip-
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...80642063,d.cWc

343 released a patch that unlocked all DLC achievements for a map if you've ever played on it. I dunno about your loadouts being reset, but you're fine for those achievements.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
DarkDigiDragon

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkDigiDragon

DarkDigiDragonX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...80642063,d.cWc

343 released a patch that unlocked all DLC achievements for a map if you've ever played on it. I dunno about your loadouts being reset, but you're fine for those achievements.
Odd, I never received an update, but whatever, I'm happy with this. Thanks, at least I can feel good knowing I didn't get these illegitimately, well most of them since it unlocked ones I definitely didn't deserve. Strange it took them so long to fix their broken achievements.

"The more pure something is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it." -Anonymous
DarkDigiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Bloodborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDigiDragon View Post
Odd, I never received an update, but whatever, I'm happy with this. Thanks, at least I can feel good knowing I didn't get these illegitimately, well most of them since it unlocked ones I definitely didn't deserve. Strange it took them so long to fix their broken achievements.
It was more of a hotfix, so it was server side and not a true patch. It also happened to practically everyone else, so you're all good.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
bloodstainedwings

BSW1984's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
It was more of a hotfix, so it was server side and not a true patch. It also happened to practically everyone else, so you're all good.
Sorry about stealing this thread, but I cant remember if the champions pack was included in the season pass or not. I don't have the DLC, and from some reason on xbl it says I have the DLC (but its not on my hard drive) It also wont let me download it for some odd reason. I was also wondering if I managed to get these maps would the achievements unlock for me as easy as the other ones did?

Thanks