PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Port Royale 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
max profit Trade routes

Title said it all post any High profit trade routes youve found for all to share, while there is some element of luck and chance in the game im pretty sure some routes will always give the best profit so lets find them and get on cheap rum!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Im currently at 4 mill in coins just by having a few profit only routes with high end items.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
thinking i need to make a few dedicated trade routes to just carry 2-3 items only still trying to work out the trade route planning bit to get them working smoothly
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
did you manage to work out some sort of trade route zombie? im looking to build up coin fast and cant seem to identify a decent route. Maybe im being lazy and should use my warehouses and stewards more apporiately
Old 12-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
The best thing I found early on was just to set a convoy to 'profit' and to have them hit as many ports as the game will allow in one pass. I think its around 20 ports. Then, as soon as you have 3 or more cities doing well have one convoy set to "sell and supply" and one set to "procure raw materials" and have them go in between the cities that you've built up. This will help keep your warehouses stock while also boosting the prosperity of all your towns. With 6 built up cities and multiple convoys doing just that I currently have over 17 million in cash. The thing I found with this game is not to hold onto money. As soon as you have some cash invest it in more boats, more businesses, etc and soon enough you'll have more money than you know what to do with.

To stay a little more on topic I'm not entirely sure that there is one golden trade route because the prices fluctuate a bit due to supply and demand. Like I said, just make "profit" routes out of as many stops as possible that way your convoy carries a selection of goods to srvice all the stops. And, it should go without saying, the more boats in a convoy the better. That way the convoy can stock up on as much as possible.
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison

Last edited by AgentOrange330; 12-19-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote