PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Running around hipfiring an SMG: The Game

I feel treyarch went a little crazy with the anti-camp idea and as such run and gun is easymode. In fact, given that the opponents are 100% guaranteed to come to me I can actually camp now knowing that I will get 2 betty kills from mindles automatons and at least 1 kill from shock charge traps while hiding in a corner luring them in with my UAV blip. 3.0 ratio!1111

But seriously...I know I'm not the only sneaky player out there that would roll with an autosniper or burst fire weapon in previous games, flanking and picking people off and generally being a nuisance. How is that "tactical" playstyle working out for you in BO2?

tl;dr Treyarch's attempt to rid the game of camping forced me into camping to survive.

DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The people that complained about Ghost campers and how the UAV rarely showed anyone on it in the first game are now complaining that the UAV is too good. Be careful what you wish for.

I have heard though that people are struggling more now.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Jimbo Dredd

Jimbo Dredd's Gamercard
The way I see it theres always some damn crybabys in every game whinging about camping/gun power/balance, quickscoping or having to boost some MP achievement that they'll probably get if they play enough or yaddayaddayadda.
I really don't get why developers listen to the majority of them because they are no doubt a minority. Some people just like to bitch and many such types are stupid, inflexible, difficult to get on with and cannot take losing gracefully.

Camping is a perfectly valid tactic - has nobody ever heard of something called an "ambush"??
If you're trying to plant/defuse a bomb or get an objective, your challenge is getting to the objective to do that while it is being covered by the enemy. Thats the point of the game, overcoming this. While admittedly its gets frustrating if you are getting killed over and over you'll eventually get through with persistence and mixing your tactics up.
Theres no real excuse for not getting a camper back by utilising:
UAV
Killcam
One of the sensors accessories/attachments.
Noob Tube/SMAW/RPG in general direction.
Watching a team mate go in first and seeing where they get killed from.

Maybe there are other good tactics - I'm only speaking generally.

I'm no better than average at any CoD but I tend to enjoy playing with a mix of play styles, but I have a feeling I will miss having the cover of assassin when stationary or whatever the perk is in this one (I'll know when I unlock it).
If I run into difficulties I guess I'll just have to change tactics and do things a little differently.

I think I'll utilise the OP's tactics though too now so thanks for the tips!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its actually working just fine. A bit of an adjustment but it's pulling a 2.4 kd so far. Im not complaining.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Steve9213

steve9213's Gamercard
I've not really attempted to play a stationary role yet, sniping etc. mostly been playing headquarters running an assault rifle just charging in so haven't noticed the change to the uav.

Steve9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Meh, if someone prefers to camp, whatever Treyarch have done in this to counter said play style isn't going to stop them.

I don't understand this talk going about that Treyarch have made run and gunning 'easy mode' and made it 'harder to camp'. If I'm honest, I think such claims are nothing but bull.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I feel as if you die alot quicker than in MW3. In MW3 I was able to run n gun with an SMG easily. Everybody else does it on here but when I try I get dropped like a sack of potatoes before I can even react. And then you have games where everybody just camps and it becomes a borefest. I just don't understand how to play this game correctly. I want to like this games' MP but I just can't. It's really frustrating. It doesn't help that I don't really care for any of the maps either. TBH, I would have preferred the BO1 or MW3 style rather than whatever you wanna call BO2.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 11-16-2012 at 12:00 PM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
I agree - the hipfire on SMG's are a disgrace. Every game you play at least 80% of the people just run around with Vector or PDW spraying.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
Meh, if you can't counter it with almost ANY gun in the game, you should change your tactics, I found every single gun in this game over powered, so they all cancel each other out.
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
i think SMGs do have an edge on this game but only because of how quick they are to fire..if your outside of the stabbing range then your getting mowed down with my Ar but any closer and theres no contest smgs just dominate CQB....and given most maps being rather small i do understand why people say they are overpowered.....the're not overpowered its just the maps are more suited to them
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Lucas McCain

o LucasMcCain o's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchezz4387 View Post
smgs just dominate CQB....and given most maps being rather small i do understand why people say they are overpowered.....the're not overpowered its just the maps are more suited to them
This is really the core of the issue. On maps with longer sight-lines, of which there are only a couple, smgs become far less effective. Personally, I have found the best counter to be the Stock attachment. Being able to come around corners quickly while ADS helps a lot against smgs, which can do so by default.
Lucas McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've yet to use an SMG in multiplayer, I might have to try one out and see what all the fuss is about.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I've yet to use an SMG in multiplayer, I might have to try one out and see what all the fuss is about.
The vector and the pwd is a beast!!! i have been using them non stop. I kept getting killed by them so if figured if you cant beat them, join them. Hit me up sometimes for some zombies. need to get a few of them knocked out.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
The vector and the pwd is a beast!!! i have been using them non stop. I kept getting killed by them so if figured if you cant beat them, join them. Hit me up sometimes for some zombies. need to get a few of them knocked out.
I mean I think I used the Scorpion for a hot second back at the level one default class and carried an MP7 as a secondary for a bit but never ended up using it. I skipped SMG's right off the bat because it used to be a disadvantage using them. I haven't even tried zombies yet.