PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #91
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I've been reading the posts and I'm trying to figure out a way to rewrite the campaign portion to avoid confusion.

Complete on vet first run. Pick up "Showdown." Rewind to mission 3 and pick up "Good Karma" on easy and try to pick up as many challenges as possible.. Then mission select to complete remaining challenges?

Obviously a condensed version.
That's pretty much it.

I would say:
"Complete on vet first run (don't do any Strike Force missions). Pick up "Showdown." Rewind to mission 3 to pick up "Good Karma" and "Ship Shape" on easy (make sure you do all Strike Force missions) and try to pick up as many challenges as possible."

Or a more detailed yet simple way to put it in the roadmap:
"Note before starting. Play through the campaign your first time on Veteran and follow the guidelines outlined in the "Showdown" achievement (see below). Do not do any of the Strike Force missions in this playthrough as they are extremely difficult on Veteran. Once you've completed the campaign, rewind back to Mission 3 (as the first Strike Mission appears after that campaign mission), switch the difficulty to Recruit and replay missions 3 through 9, as well as completing all the Strike Force missions (for "Ship Shape"; follow the guidelines outlined in "Good Karma" below this playthrough).

The reason for doing Veteran first is that while you can decrease your difficulty with rewinds, you cannot increase it. So, if you did your first playthrough on Recruit then rewound the back to Mission 3, you would not be able to increase your difficulty to Veteran."
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #92
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGLOL1111 View Post
And do I have to do the strike force missions as part of the playtrough or can i do them prior to the rewind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
They all have to be completed within the Story, so I think that completing them outside the story and then rewinding wont count them as all being completed.

However I am definitely not 100% sure on this.

I would suggest just doing them after rewinding and lowering the difficulty. You're going to have to play through most of the campaign again anyway, so you might as well just do the strike force missions as they become available.
The Strike Force missions have to be done as part of the Story for them to count towards "Ship Shape". Mission selecting them will not count.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #93
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Is it wrong for me to use that almost word for word? I want to get this done and submitted soon and I don't think I can word it any better than you Gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #94
Jack Knows

Jack IXI's Gamercard
No rewind option

I am trying to get the Good Karma achievement, but I am unable to rewind the story. I have done it once before but I don't have the option anymore.
Jack Knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #95
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Is it wrong for me to use that almost word for word? I want to get this done and submitted soon and I don't think I can word it any better than you Gravy.
I really don't care if it's used word for word. I just want to help. Go for it!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #96
nighthawk82

ESSAMAWS's Gamercard
Quote:
Black Ops II Master 15
Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
if i ignore all the Strike Mission! does the achievemnt pop up or must do all Strike Mission?
nighthawk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #97
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
It'll pop. Strike Force Missions are purely optional to change the ending of the story.
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #98
KOX KingOfXbox

Ship Shape Not Unlocking?

I re-winded to the right mission then shot the guy in the leg and it didn't unlock is there any reason why?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #99
BR247

BR247's Gamercard
You have to complete all the strike force missions, and then shoot briggs in the leg.

1. Rewind to "Karma"
2. Put difficulty on Recruit.
3. Before starting Karma, complete all 3 available SF missions (FOB Spectre, IED, and Shipwreck).
4. Play Karma, let Defalco escape (easier this way).
5. After beating "Karma", complete the SF mission "Second Chance."
6. Play Suffer with me.
7. Play Achielles Veil, and shoot Harper.
8. Play SF mission "Dispatch".
9. Play Odesseus, and shoot Briggs in the leg.

**Achievement Unlocked** when you complete Odesseus.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #100
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
For Party Animal, notate that you just have to place in the top 3
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #101
KOX KingOfXbox

Thanks , much more detailed then the achievement guides I found. I appreciate it!!!

After I rewind do I have to do all 3 strike force mission again or no since I have already done them all multiple times?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #102
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Thanks Tyger.
Can I just get someone to proofread this for accuracy? I think that's the last part that needs to be done.

Quote:
Black Ops II Master 15
Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.

Veteran is the hardest difficulty you can select. You need to learn to utilize cover and special grenades. Specials/Secondary grenades can often times get you through a tight situation with a lot of enemies. Most parts only have a certain number of enemies to fight so if you take them out one at a time, regenerating your health in between kills, you should be good.

I recommended the Storm PSR sniper as your secondary. You can see and kill enemies through walls without putting yourself in the fire fight. Primaries are of course your choice but a target finding can often prove to be helpful. However, you need to get fairly fair into the campaign to unlock it. You can unlock it then mission select to start with it from the begining. Veteran for this game is not especially hard so this will most likely only help novice players.
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #103
mcookman

Cookman86's Gamercard
Zombie Achievements

I'm not a big fan of zombies but would like to get the achievements, I have the one for getting the creature off your face but how hard are the others?

mcookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #104
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcookman View Post
I'm not a big fan of zombies but would like to get the achievements, I have the one for getting the creature off your face but how hard are the others?
Depends on your skill level. Some are somewhat difficult, some are extremely easy like killing the denizen. If you're not good at zombies, you're probably going to have trouble getting all of them. If you are good, all except one can be obtained in a few hours.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #105
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Most of them you can have a good co-op partner do for you.

Example being when I was playing with a friend who knew nothing about TranZit, I built all the things for him and got all the bus pieces alone and got him all the achievements, including the No Power Over Me and eventually the Easter Egg.

Not all in one game, mind you.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #106
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Iīm kinda skilled zombie player, I would say they werenīt hard at all, I and my friend just had trouble with Avocadro zombie spawning during the easter egg, thatīs all.

They definitely were easier then the normal BO1 ones and BO1 DLC ones!
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #107
STx INF3RN0

Send a message via MSN to STx INF3RN0

Fr0zencaveman's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...tPIM=.jpgDirty Business 15
Listen and think before you shoot.

I have resisted the urge to kill Kravchenko and carried on to the end of -'Suffer With Me' but not achievement.. any idea guys?

my first play through i killed him so would the fix be that i rewind the story rather than replaying the missions?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #108
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

You also need to not kill Briggs at the end of Odysseus.
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #109
STx INF3RN0

Send a message via MSN to STx INF3RN0

Fr0zencaveman's Gamercard
Quote:
You also need to not kill Briggs at the end of Odysseus.
Can I just play those 3 missions or will I need to rewind/replay missions in order?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #110
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STx INF3RN0 View Post
Can I just play those 3 missions or will I need to rewind/replay missions in order?
You've got to rewind.
Quote:
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #111
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Step One - Campaign
The campaign is the first big step towards completion. There are 11 levels in the game and you must pick up all intel and complete the game on Veteran. Veteran is the hardest difficulty but with persistence you should be able to complete the game. For Veteran tips, see "Black Ops II Master" Each campaign mission also has 10 challenges you must complete for an achievement. This will most likely be the most time consuming part of the completion. Challenges may cause you to play through certain levels a few extra times however. Especially due to some of them being tricky and/or easily missable. See "Giant Accomplishement" for tips or simply refer to the lists/guides posted by E vee dub or NakedAssassin.

List
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=400393
Guide
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=401176

Note before starting. Play through the campaign your first time on Veteran and follow the guidelines outlined in the "Showdown" achievement (see below). Do not do any of the Strike Force missions in this playthrough as they are extremely difficult on Veteran. Once you've completed the campaign, rewind back to Mission 3 (as the first Strike Mission appears after that campaign mission), switch the difficulty to Recruit and replay missions 3 through 9, as well as completing all the Strike Force missions (for "Ship Shape"; follow the guidelines outlined in "Good Karma" below this playthrough).

The reason for doing Veteran first is that while you can decrease your difficulty with rewinds, you cannot increase it. So, if you did your first playthrough on Recruit then rewound the back to Mission 3, you would not be able to increase your difficulty to Veteran.
Quote:
"(for "Ship Shape"; follow the guidelines outlined in "Good Karma" below this playthrough)."
Add "for" in between "below" and "this". Sorry, I left that out of my post.

Quote:
No Man Left Behind 20
Rescue Woods.

Story Related. Complete the first mission, "Pyrrhic Victory." This mission should take no more than 20 minutes to complete on regular.
Since some descriptions for the mission complete achievements have the times and some don't, I would just take them all out to be consistent.

Quote:
Showdown 15
A duel between rivals

This is an achievement that takes a few steps between a few missions. There is another achievement with sort of opposite steps. Please read Good Karma for more information on that. It is important that for you to get the achievement, you rewind the story. Go to replay mission and hit and it will rewind so you can change the outcome of the story in the end while keeping all challenge and weapon progress.
  1. Defalco escapes in "Karma"
  2. Skip Strikeforce Mission
  3. Kill Harper with Farid in Achilles Veil
  4. Get achievement you shoot Briggs at the end of Odysseus.
I would make this more consistent with the "Good Karma" achievement's wording:
  1. Let Defalco escape in the mission "Karma"
  2. Skip ALL Strike Force missions (if playing on Veteran)
  3. Kill Harper with Farid in the mission "Achilles Veil"
  4. Spare Admiral Briggs in at the end of "Odysseus" by shooting him in the leg (I would edit this in "Good Karma" as well as the wording is slightly different there)

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 01-10-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #112
Chefkee

Chefkee's Gamercard
Tower of Babble Questions

Hey guys,

I am trying the tower of babble achoevement for quite some time now.. with no success at all. In any case, I'm having questions about a few things

1. Is there any way to kill the avogadro's without the emp? (The spawn rate of the grenade is utter shit. Even after 20.000 points and no luck)

2. This may sound as a stupid question, but I placed a turbine under a lamp when I turned off the power (maxis side). Suddenly, maxis speaks to me saying that i'm doing an excellent job. Does this mean that there is an easier side to the achievement?

Thanks in advance. (Still searching for a decent party)
Chefkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #113
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkee View Post
Hey guys,

I am trying the tower of babble achoevement for quite some time now.. with no success at all. In any case, I'm having questions about a few things

1. Is there any way to kill the avogadro's without the emp? (The spawn rate of the grenade is utter shit. Even after 20.000 points and no luck)

2. This may sound as a stupid question, but I placed a turbine under a lamp when I turned off the power (maxis side). Suddenly, maxis speaks to me saying that i'm doing an excellent job. Does this mean that there is an easier side to the achievement?

Thanks in advance. (Still searching for a decent party)
1.) yes you can kill him with knives or galvin(SP?) knuckles. But doing so will not let you progress further in the easter egg. You need to EMP him.

2.) you need to place the turbines at 2 different lamp spots on the map after you emp'd avogadro. Most prefer diner and bus depot
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #114
Chefkee

Chefkee's Gamercard
Thanks alot!
Chefkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #115
MLUCAS1

MLUCAS1's Gamercard
challenges

can i say that the giant accomplishment achivement sucks cause i been doing the same mission over 50 times im now done with it so i don't have to play the campain ever again i just watch the ending on you tube perfect 1000 on black ops
Old 01-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #116
Berserker2501

Berserker 2501's Gamercard
Can this be done with 3 people?
Berserker2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #117
Tai2142

Tai Z PXB's Gamercard
Yes, it can be done with 2 to 4 people.
Tai2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #118
DEATH KAZE

DEATH KAZE's Gamercard
please tell me im not going to be the first to say that the easter egg guide is wayyyy harder and wayy more elaborate than what is needed to get the achievement the richtofen way is much faster 1 and 2 you can have perks the whole time after just getting the achievement by round 7 then coming here to look at a guide to the other achievements i have to say the way posted in this guide is not necessary, youtube ngt's richtofen strategy, way easier and way faster.
DEATH KAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #119
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Guide is officially published to the site. If you see a problem or have a question you can PM me. I do my best to look at all of my guides as frequently as possible but I do miss things.
Quote:
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #120
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!