PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
KnightWhoSaysNi

NightWhoSayKni's Gamercard
Help! Captain Kidd's last mission!

I'm trying to get 100% sync on this last Captain Kidd mission. I've found the clues, approach the final spot, and get attacked by three wolves. I can't use ranged weapons and everytime I do the button challenge to kill them (Never had a problem with this in the Frontier hunting) the wolves keep getting to me. No matter how many correct times I push (usaully starts with B, then either A, X, or Y) it turns red and the wolves start eating me.

Anyone else have problems with this?
KnightWhoSaysNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
You're having problems because they adjusted the timing of the button presses for that mission meaning you have to be much quicker.

If you still can't manage it try climbing a tree and air assassinating them instead.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWhoSaysNi View Post
I'm trying to get 100% sync on this last Captain Kidd mission. I've found the clues, approach the final spot, and get attacked by three wolves. I can't use ranged weapons and everytime I do the button challenge to kill them (Never had a problem with this in the Frontier hunting) the wolves keep getting to me. No matter how many correct times I push (usaully starts with B, then either A, X, or Y) it turns red and the wolves start eating me.

Anyone else have problems with this?
This is one I tried probably a dozen times when I was doing it, but I finally snapped and gunned down the wolves in a fit of rage.

I might have yelled something about the mother of the people involved in the game.
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Someone posted it somewhere else, but all you have to do is run into one of the piles of branches/leaves that you can hide in. The wolves will walk towards it and you just step out and execute them quickly. It works on all 3 wolves and I got it my first try.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Khaiden

Sasword's Gamercard
You might air assassinate one, but after that they'll always dodge it.

I still got up in the trees though, what you want to do is get them to run around for a bit so they get separated (assuming there's only 2 now). Try to air assasinate one, then attack it and make sure you are near something climbable, if it gets to you just tap the button very fast so you don't lose much health and climb back up waiting for your life to recover. Repeat until you have killed it and then do the same for the last one.

Not the best strategy so to speak but I hope it helps, I didn't leave the mission until I did it and that's how it was.
It's safe to say that people who say there's no challenge to this game didn't do the optional objectives.

EDIT: Oh, ninja'd. That suggestion above is much better than mine, follow it instead xD.
Khaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
It took me probably 20 retries, but I got it by guessing. It's near impossible to hit the button in time if you wait for the prompt. Just try B+X then B+Y then B+X. Worked for me! Definitely tested my patience, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
i try air assassin on the wolves, it Does Not Work, it pass them and landing you on the ground, and as you land, wolves attack and i yelled alot all because of don't go below 30% health and how the wolves act

but i did get kidd gloves.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Box Of Ice

Box of Ice's Gamercard
Try poison darts that's what I did. For some reason they don't count as a ranged weapon. Or at least for this objective they don't, just quickly climb a tree or fallen tree and use them wisely
Box Of Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Of Ice View Post
Try poison darts that's what I did. For some reason they don't count as a ranged weapon. Or at least for this objective they don't, just quickly climb a tree or fallen tree and use them wisely
Indeed that's exactly what I did, I had planned to weaken them and go in for the kill but got caught fighting 1 wolf and the other 2 died. It was then I realised they had not defaulted the 'no ranged' objective
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
EroDaminous

EroDaminous's Gamercard
I went in the water nearby to kill wolves, water slow them.
EroDaminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AblativMeatshld View Post
This is one I tried probably a dozen times when I was doing it, but I finally snapped and gunned down the wolves in a fit of rage.

I might have yelled something about the mother of the people involved in the game.
I did the same thing LOL! Fuck 100% on this. I mean it's stupid how much faster they disappear. Either do it super fast on all encounters or slower don't mix up, so no one knows what to expect!

I mainly hate it for the fact that I died so fast trying to get it whereas anywhere else I would have time to scratch my balls before pressing right button=)
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Someone posted it somewhere else, but all you have to do is run into one of the piles of branches/leaves that you can hide in. The wolves will walk towards it and you just step out and execute them quickly. It works on all 3 wolves and I got it my first try.
That's the approach I ended up using ... a bit by accident. I just went into a haystack after getting the attention of the wolves and discovered that they don't follow you inside the haystack. They come right to the haystack but don't do anything. It makes it very easy to kill them one by one (from your hiding spot).
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
claudiaca

Claudiaca's Gamercard
Another easy approach, just use the trap mines. Quickly place one once you gain control, the first wolf will go straight into it and killing it, but be sure to move away, otherwise it will hurt you, too.
Run a few steps and lure the next wolf to the bomb, and start running once it moves to your direction. Rinse and repeat, done.
claudiaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
RyanStimo

Ryan D Stimo's Gamercard
Make sure you have trip mines. Thats what i did. Plant one at a time once the wolves appear (if you plant before they appear they will dissapear) Then lure them into the traps. DONE!

Last edited by RyanStimo; 11-14-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
RyanStimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
themikewoo

Howboutporkchop's Gamercard
Poison Darts. Recommend climbing into a tree so you have a good vantage point, doesn't count as a ranged weapon

themikewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #16
The Cripplers

The Cripplers's Gamercard
I used the poison darts as well. The QTE has to be glitched. I've never failed a QTE that many times in a row, especially when I knew it was coming.

--------------------------------------------
Looking to boost: Dead or Alive 4, UFC 2009, UFC 2010, Saint's Row 2, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, Midnight Club. Send me a message and/or FR if you want to boost any of these games.
The Cripplers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
DoosMakhina

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cripplers View Post
I used the poison darts as well. The QTE has to be glitched. I've never failed a QTE that many times in a row, especially when I knew it was coming.
So just because its harder it's a glitch? More than likely they intentionally made it harder there so the full sync isn't super duper easy. Either way I managed to do the QTE's so its just a matter of having better reflexes.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote