PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #121
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
today's theme: BS.

here i am getting "only a triple." one of those dudes walked away, nevermind that the laser killed the dude in front of him, the due behind him, and the dude beside him that wasn't even in the path of the laser, and the laser went through him.

more laser bs. this guy was trying to laser me, in the (blown up) choppah. instead, the gausshog got me (i think) and he got the gausshog. even though he wasn't anywhere close to hitting it. and didn't get a betrayal for either person in it. and fired the laser while it was on his back. actually, if you watched the gausshog driver/gunner's screens, they didn't get any kind of kill notification at all. they just died for adequately explained reason.

even more laser shenanigans. the laser goes directly through the hog. it doesn't even lower anybody's shields. even though the driver looks like he has no shields, he does on his screen. this hog then goes on to splatter someone at two miles an hour, survive several sticks, and i think someone said it drove right through a power drain earlier.

and this one's just a cool shot. i don't think the hog expected me to be there with a hammer when he drove over. i certainly wasn't expecting him when i was trying to hammer is teammate. that double kill is the guy i was trying to kill and the gunner. the driver survived.

arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #122
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Your screenshots are always pretty chill.

TBH, most of Halo 3 is BS and that's coming from someone that is above average at the game. I was playing a MLG 2v2 custom earlier on Gaurdian. I had a total of 9 headshots but I should have had about 12-13, we went into theater to watch it afterwards and they all hit dead on. Through the Head and out the upper back. What gives.

But if your not playing MLG, a lot more Bs tends to occur since you have vehicles and other power weapons to deal with.

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #123
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
Your screenshots are always pretty chill.
thanks!

Quote:
TBH, most of Halo 3 is BS and that's coming from someone that is above average at the game.
yeah. some of that is probably lag. from their perspective, maybe you missed. like, above, two of those shots are almost certainly lag-induced. that laser i was firing might not have even gone off on their screens.

it's always been a problem in multiplayer games over the internet. even with centralized dedicated servers, there were the LPBs, the "low pining bastards." there, lag meant certain death, because your position was where the server thinks you are. halo is actually the first game i've ever played where the reverse was true, and lag was a benefit rather than a curse.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #124
Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
thanks!

yeah. some of that is probably lag. from their perspective, maybe you missed. like, above, two of those shots are almost certainly lag-induced. that laser i was firing might not have even gone off on their screens.

it's always been a problem in multiplayer games over the internet. even with centralized dedicated servers, there were the LPBs, the "low pining bastards." there, lag meant certain death, because your position was where the server thinks you are. halo is actually the first game i've ever played where the reverse was true, and lag was a benefit rather than a curse.
That's what I thought, but no. It was 2v2 and I have a perfect connection. The other headshots we're registering perfectly and I was easily 4 shotting so there was no lag in my Br.

later that game, or maybe it was the one after I was at top gold on Gaurdian w/ full shields I get 1 shotted and beat down and died. Biggest bullshit ever, I know you and everyone else would say lag, but trust me there was not an ounce of it. Just the game hating me.

Ok, some more new randoms that will most likely be in my leftover tage come fall 09.

or a funtage.........

Perfectly timed stick in a Warm up match before a Custom.

Some stupid kid talking trash in the pre-game lobby who was a Lt. and this just had to happen to him. Funny clip more then a sick clip.

I know this is pretty standard sniping, at least for me now, but this was when I was not the best at the game (Caption Grade 2 I think) and I carried our team to victory in the last seconds with the snipe. Keep an eye on the score and I'm pretty sure that's clutch.

God Bless America

Last edited by Parkerktm; 06-02-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #125
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

those clips are pretty sweet.

i'm pretty universally terrible with the sniper in halo 3. multiplayer anyways, it's my best friend in single player. i managed to pull of a 2 kills 1 bullet tonight, headshotting on and killing the guy behind him with a body shot. i was pretty impressed. it would have been more impressive if i hadn't used the scope... i wrote "no-scope" in the description, but then watched the clip in first person. ah well, can't change it now.

in the same game a managed to make an opponent stick himself. i don't have a screenshot of that at the moment, because for some reason "swing and miss" is a name prohibitted by bungie. (all three words are acceptable on their own, and in any combination of only two.)

but i do have a clip on my file share: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3Us...ileid=80543778

edit: here are pics:

Quote:
That's what I thought, but no. It was 2v2 and I have a perfect connection. The other headshots we're registering perfectly and I was easily 4 shotting so there was no lag in my Br.

later that game, or maybe it was the one after I was at top gold on Gaurdian w/ full shields I get 1 shotted and beat down and died. Biggest bullshit ever, I know you and everyone else would say lag, but trust me there was not an ounce of it. Just the game hating me.
no no, i mean, lag on their end. and connection speed is variable. they might have had good ping most of the time, and so you had no problems sniping and 4-shotting.

Last edited by arachnophilia; 06-02-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #126
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

some from this morning.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #127
UndrGrndX

UndrGrndX's Gamercard

pixels
UndrGrndX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #128
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Thought I would bring this thread to life again, since most people change their fileshares adding new things all the time.

You know the drill people, link to your fileshare and give a short description of whats in there.

Mine: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/Fi...rtag=HighsounD

Most of the clips involves a sniper, or almost all of them do. A bunch of really sweet noscopes, some spreeing against a really good team.

Also contains some stuff from Action Sack, like getting kills with the flag in 2 flag shottys.

And the ones I'm most proud of: 2 ninjas.

Last edited by HighsounD; 08-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.
HighsounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #129
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Guess I'll have to make a new post for this to end up in the first page. So just link to your fileshares, and my new ones are in the post above this, but I might aswell link to it again:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/Fi...rtag=HighsounD
Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #130
supakilla9

Send a message via MSN to supakilla9

CharlieYJH's Gamercard
My fileshare. (clicky clicky)

Most of them are just to show some achievements. Namely Two For One, Killtacular, and Killing Frenzy. So if you need help on those, you could always get some tips from it.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #131
ISOLIDI ISNAKEI

ISOLIDI ISNAKEI's Gamercard
http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/fileshare.aspx

Some funny stuff and some serious stuff. The bottom three in the file share are the better clips. Trip Snipe is the best of the bunch.
ISOLIDI ISNAKEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #132
Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Just some random screenshots that I came across that i made a while back. Tell me what you guys think and if you like/dislike them.

Camo and Overshield.

This was a 1v1 and i ended up sticking him on an invisible part of his barrel.

Random.

Exotic?

Laser on HG.

Favorite.

God Bless America

Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #133
risutheone

I think this a nice waste of 4mins of your time.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3Us...ileid=85955306

I get a rampage while mostly using a shotgun. I MUST however give props to Benji who if he had not yelled zombies were spawning behind me I would have been toast.
risutheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #134
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Whoa this thread is old and also not stickied for some reason?

Anyways, I had made this montage a long time ago when I sucked and thought I was good but decided to dig it up from it's grave and upload it.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote