PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nightmare difficulty

So how hard is this? I have been playing Doom 3 every now and then but always on marine, now with bfg edition on my x360 I'd like to get all achievements.

Can anybody give me some kind of example that; how many enemies are there added? how much more do enemies take to die and how badly do they hit you? One shot kill enemies?

Just finished Lost mission and was thinking on going through it on nightmare right away but there are couple of places that were pretty tough
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

I know you can save before every room but still some parts are going to be hard no doubt.
So any advice and info about the difficulty is appreciated.

Edit:
I just noticed that in Lost Mission when you get the bot to assist you, you can let it do all the work and just keep getting a new one. There are some pretty nasty rooms to get through on Nightmare and when I relized this it made it a cake walk.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube

Last edited by DarkSephiroth; 11-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
DarkSeraphim198

DIG5Y5Dinner's Gamercard
It is a bit of a challenge going through on Nightmare difficulty, it also makes it more challenging due to your health decreasing 5 points every few seconds until it rests at 25. On the plus side you start the game with the Soul Cube, which can come in handy in tricky situations. Another plus is the option of being able to save at any time, this will help greatly during a Nightmare playthrough.

I believe the enemies still have the same health but they do inflict more damage, plus with the fact you'll constantly be on 25 health, unless you use the Soul Cube during a tricky situation. The enemies deal out more damage, so most hits will be instant death unless you get hit with splash damage.

Completed Retail (100%): 68
Completed Arcade (100%): 25

Most Recent 100% (Retail): Fifa 14

Gamertag Updated from DarkSeraphim198 (21st Jan. 2011)
DarkSeraphim198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
DarkSephiroth

Damn I totally forgot about the health decrease! So yeah enemies one hit me but ok I'll try to work with the cube.

Thanks for the quick answer

, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
DarkSeraphim198

DIG5Y5Dinner's Gamercard
Your welcome!

It took me a little while to get used to it at first as some bits can be very annoying. Once you get a feel for where enemies spawn and things it can be quite fun!

Completed Retail (100%): 68
Completed Arcade (100%): 25

Most Recent 100% (Retail): Fifa 14

Gamertag Updated from DarkSeraphim198 (21st Jan. 2011)
DarkSeraphim198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
yeah the first 30 minutes are akward but then it's really cool to play it on nightmare,maybe because I first played it on 2 runs (forgot some pda's and didn't want to search on nightmare) so I knew every enemy on every place, only the hell boss(where you gain the soulcube) was the hardest part for me...
easiest is to play each chapter in all runs, first all doom 3 then all the lost missions runs, then the Roe runs... I finished with the Roe and I'm glad that I did it this way, because it's the hardest part on nightmare, think it took arround an houre for me to finish the endboss, those flying lost souls where ***** you can not gain health from the moment you come in hell... had only 4% left, really spongey lol
M0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Zacry072

Zacry072's Gamercard
UGH you can't heal in Hell at all? Weren't there at least a few med packs scattered around?
Zacry072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
DarkSephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacry072 View Post
UGH you can't heal in Hell at all? Weren't there at least a few med packs scattered around?
I quess it doesn't matter that much as you're still losing health all the time on nightmare x_x

I just noticed that in Lost Mission when you get the bot to assist you, you can let it do all the work and just keep getting a new one. There are some pretty nasty rooms to get through on Nightmare and when I relized this it made it a cake walk.

, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube

Last edited by DarkSephiroth; 11-25-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just going to throw this out there, damn Z-Secs are the worst at the beginning. Those Chaingunner guys will be one of the biggest pains because they drain your health even on Recruit.

RoE will be pretty easy on Nightmare because there are plenty of bodies to get a charge from with the Artifact.

And of course Lost Mission you get the cube...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
DarkSephiroth

Yeah I know what you mean, those normal weapons are really brutal compared to the powers of Hell lol

I finished Lost Mission couple days ago, It was pretty brutal but I got it done. I was thinking that RoE wouldn't be as bad as those refill bodies are everywhere like you said. I might give it a go too.

I'm not sure about the main game on Nightmare though as if Lost mission took me 3 days and clear time was under 2 hours so that would roughly mean I have 2 weeks of Nightmare ahead of me

Still I love Doom so I propably have to try it lol.

, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #10
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
UPDATE: Finished the main game on Nightmare, clear time was 9 hours and about 40 minutes. I beat my recruit time of 9 hours and ~52 minutes. I am now going through RoE and so far it's a cakewalk. I'll tell you one thing though, those damn chaingunners in the main game will fuck your day up. lol

UPDATE 2: Done with all Nightmare. 600

---

I'm doing the main game right now and I'm at Enpro Plant. Constantly at 25 HP because I'm making sure to save my Soul Cube charge for a tough situation.

Just don't do what I did and use your Cube shot before the first Pinky Demon encounter when it comes through the window, you will be fucked.

I managed to get out of it by waiting at the window, going out as he came in, and blasting him in the face twice with my shotgun. Point blank. Somehow I survived and then instantly saved.

I pretty much save after every few kills, or every one kill if there's a tricky spot.

Also at the EFR part, don't do the safe way that Kelly tells you is safer. Do the direct route, less enemies it seemed and you never get attacked while riding the thing except for one Z-Sec.

Last edited by Nevander; 12-05-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
DarkSephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
UPDATE 2: Done with all Nightmare. 600
Congratz!

How bad was the boss in RoE on Nightmare? I can imagine the RoE being easy on Nightmare but that boss gave me hard time even on marine lol.
EDIT: Just watched a video of that fight, damn I didn't know there where bodies to refill your artifact. Ok I guess it's not that hard then lol.

, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube

Last edited by DarkSephiroth; 12-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
Congratz!

How bad was the boss in RoE on Nightmare? I can imagine the RoE being easy on Nightmare but that boss gave me hard time even on marine lol.
EDIT: Just watched a video of that fight, damn I didn't know there where bodies to refill your artifact. Ok I guess it's not that hard then lol.
Thanks, and for Maledict just make saves along the way. Keep one before you enter the teleporter though.

What you want to do is wait to use the artifact charge when he's sitting down on the giant skull. This will protect you from the initial meteor shower and give you extra time to light him up with the BFG.

If I were you, I'd use uncharged single shots. I tried doing full blasts and it's hard to tell when the beep is about to run out so often I'd waste four shots because it would explode in my hands but wouldn't kill me since I was invulnerable from the artifact.

When your charge begins to run out, if facing the skull, head to the left side and to the inner part. His meteors will not hurt you here. For his other attacks, just bunny hop around.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
DarkSephiroth

RoE Nightmare done

Some parts were pretty hard and as for the last boss, it was still pretty hard for me. Everything went easier when I relized the last boss fight was timed as I always though you had to deal damage to him before he starts throwing meteors at you. After that it only took two of his meteor showers to bump him full of BFG plasma with little help from the artifact of course

, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
Old 04-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
DoomGinger6

lanenj83's Gamercard
Nightmare difficulty is exacly that.. A NIGHTMARE! I gave up. I'd rather enjoy the game on a lower setting and not have to worry about launching my controller through the tv.
DoomGinger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
MattDares

Matt Dares's Gamercard
This game is so hard!
MattDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #16
JavilUx0

Big Fucking Hard Game
JavilUx0 is offline   Reply With Quote