PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Midway Arcade Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #31
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervicious View Post
I agree. I'm having most of my trouble getting the gold medal in 720 and doing the racing games. Finishing one level of smash TV is a given for extreme difficulty, too. The games just don't handle well on the 360. Any additional tips or tricks for these games would really be appreciated.

One trick that I'm working on with 720 doing the downhill race is timing the landing with the direction the skater is turned when hitting the next ramp. I can consistently get a silver medal without jumping and staying on the "inside" of the turn into the next ramp. It's still extremely hard to pull off reliably though.

Surprisingly, getting the Gold Medal in 720 was easy for me. Didn't take but three or four attempts. Smash TV, however, is kicking my ass, which surprises me. I own it for the NES, and even downloaded it on the XBLA and have made it to the second and third level before, on my own. Can't even beat the first boss in this one. I'm sure I'll nail it before too long. Only have Smash TV, Joust II, Rampage and maybe one more achievement to get.

Now all I've got is Smash TV. I was on a roll today and knocked out 4 achievements in like 15 minutes. Surprised the hell out of me, especially the Joust 2. Went 2 and a half levels on my last life.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

Last edited by A ZombieTwinkie; 01-31-2013 at 08:46 PM.
A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #32
Fahrstuhl

WsD Fahrstuhl's Gamercard
I personally have trouble with the "high roller" achievement in Marble Madness. I'm trying for hours now. You habe to beat the 2. Level (beginners course) in under 15 second. does anyone have a have a ti or hint for me? I cant even find youtube video guide. Maybe I am the only one having problem with this.

edit: I already had it. no wonder it didnt unlock. now I fell dumb.

Last edited by Fahrstuhl; 02-14-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Fahrstuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #33
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
Only achievements that have given me trouble are Smash TV (Just rusty and need some practice.. have gotten close after just three trys after several years away though), 720* (I think I need to give up on the downhill ramp and try something else... I've done it about 20 times with no issues yet it always changes to silver just as I cross the line), and Pit Fighter (Not a fighting game fan so this one has given me some trouble due to my inexperience).

If you're a classic gamer and are familiar with these games and other arcade games of the era, the vast majority of these achievements are extremely easy. Most I earned on my first try and those I didn't never needed more than a handful of attempts.

Edit - Shortly after posting this I earned the achievements for 720* and Pit Fighter. The trick with 720* with the downhill ramp event seems to be more than just not falling off your board like I've seen some state. You want to be on the inside edge at the end of each ramp even if it requires you to stop going straight down a ramp in order to get yourself lined up at the inside edge at the end of a ramp. Once I tried that, I earned it the first try after dozens of attempts where I'd never fall but would cross just as it went to silver

Pit Fighter seems easier at the third fight when you use the attack where you hit all three buttons. Throw stuff when it's safe to damage her and keep her at bay while keeping an eye out for the Power Pellet. Locate that and just keep hitting all three buttons and she'll die without giving you any trouble.

Smash TV is going to take more practice by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SH0RTY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringin SXC bak View Post
For 720, it seems uncontrollable at first. Use A to accelerate and hold the left stick in the direction you want to skate. Even so, it's pretty buggy
Yeah for 720 it seems like the controls need a few seconds to calibrate or something, so I just keep pressing up and down until the skater actually follows in that direction.
What I do is just hit the kick button at the start to move to select the training level without touching the stick. Then when the level starts, I spin the stick 360 degrees a couple of times.

That seems to correct the stick so the direction I push towards is actually the direction I'm moving towards.

Last edited by Atariboy; 02-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #34
MrDeathMetal

MrDeathMetal666's Gamercard
Some hard ones, and some easy ones. This should be quick.

MrDeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #35
Ralph The Rogue

Ralph The Rogue's Gamercard
I tried the downhill event in 720 a few times but always came up silver and just short of gold. Tried the Ramp event and ended up with gold plus a bunch on my first try. Then went over to downhill and nailed a second gold easily. If you can't do the downhill, try the ramp.

Ralph The Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game has some great oldies in it! I need to buy this game.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #37
Christian Harper

ChristianHarper's Gamercard
I can't get the Toobin cheevo. I've not hit any obstacles and it won't pop. Can you not bump into anything?! You have to go thru those gates or the alligator comes for you. Between this, 720 and the 3 racing games... I'm done with this.
Christian Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #38
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
3/10 my ass. smash tv alone makes this game a 6/10

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 171
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #39
thereisnosp00n

dorestes's Gamercard
For Championship Sprint, the key is to do two things:
1) Use the d-pad, not the joystick, for control; and more importantly
2) start with the Very Hard track to the left. You'll get it out of the way on easy mode, the second track is fairly simple, and the 3rd track is an easy one with wide roads that should be a breeze even at high speed.

Do NOT try to beat the very hard track as your 3rd. It's doable, but needlessly painful.
thereisnosp00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #40
thegavman

I figured out accidentally how to get the Cyberball achievement easily a couple of months ago. I was playing Game Breakers mode and strategically (like I always did playing this in MAME eons ago) knocked out the offensive plays first (my defense sucks). When I knocked out two offensive situations in a row (equaling two touchdowns), the achievement popped.

Hope this helps! :-)
thegavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #41
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would definitely rate this game at a 5/10 to me a 3/10 would be like a disney game.a couple of these games can be frustrating.

KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote