PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Cool What would you guys like to see in a sequel?

Me, I thought this was a very neat game. Cool story, cool gameplay. It is pretty much the closest to a "survival" game that I've wanted, and would be a very interesting IP for Cabela's. I got to thinking, and here is my idea for a story:

Story: You take on the role of a man who awakens in the middle of the Sonoran desert. He cannot remember his name, or how he got there. After wandering for most of the afternoon he stumbles upon a group of trucks and a burned car with the corpse of a woman next to it. Men lay dead around the trucks. He also finds a stash of drugs, animal furs, and some cash, he gathers up a pistol and rifle and takes off when he hears some trucks in the distance. As you play the man's memory starts to come around again. The man's name is Carter Blake, a rancher who had moved to the Arizona/Mexican border with his fiance. Carter was also a retired marine and survivalist, and avid hunter. He and his fiance were driving to town for the afternoon and were caught in a shooutout with a group of drug dealers and poachers. The poachers had found a abandoned mine which was home to a family of jaguars, and had planned on using the hides to trade to the drug dealers for drugs. But Carter is not alone, he is being stalked by the alpha male jaguar, and also fights off peccaries, black bears, cougars, wolves, and coyotes, and avoiding poisonous scorpions, gila monsters, and rattlesnakes. However animals aren't the only thing hunting Carter. The remaining poachers and some drug dealers have re-discovered Carter and will stop at nothing to kill him. So Carter must resort to primal instincts if he is to walk out of this desert alive.

Gameplay features:

Open-world, and the player must survive in a vast desert landscape dotted with hills, oasises, forests, and mountains. (my hyopthetical map is roughly twice the size of San Andreas).

Weapons:

1. all the weapons from Shadows of Katmai
2. Combat knife
3. Compund bow
4. homemade spear
5. Norinco Type 56
6. MAC-10

(NOTE: The Type 56 and MAC-10 can only be used when fighting the poachers and drug dealers, and cannot be reloaded and are dropped when ammo is depleted, so the player must search the bodies for new weapons)

Gameplay features:

1. stealth kills against humans. (Note no blood splatter, but there is a small "puff" of blood", to keep with a "T" rating)
2. can set up traps against humans and animals
3. collectables, map pieces, journals (which details a group of outlaws trying to escape from the Pinkertons, while also discovering Montezuma's Treasure)
4. Outfits: (works like Assassin's Creed, checkpoint is started again.)

1. Flint Abrahams (Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009)
2. Logan James (Shadows of Katmai)
3. Samson Rainsford (Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011)
4. Rancher Outfit (This outfit is a shout-out to Llewellyn Moss from No Country for Old Men. Enables the player more health)
5. Texas Ranger outfit (Brown vest, black cowboy hat, jeans, black duster, and brown boots. The player has twice ammo capacity)

Once the game is completed, the player can either starts a new game, or have a free roam (similar to L.A. Noire, and the player can do as they wish, hunt, surivive, explore, etc.)

Game Name: Cabela's Survival: Dust Devils

So what do you guys think? And what would you like to see in a sequel. If there is one.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
I don't want a sequel. There...end of thread
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
I don't want a sequel. There...end of thread
Take it you didn't like Shadows of Katmai? Shame. Well you go have fun with Battlefield 3/Dead Island. Well sure, not every game is a AAA title, dont know what people were expecting. SoK is an awesome game in its own right.

P.S. You sure are a buzzkill.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morey View Post
Take it you didn't like Shadows of Katmai? Shame. Well you go have fun with Battlefield 3/Dead Island. Well sure, not every game is a AAA title, dont know what people were expecting. SoK is an awesome game in its own right.

P.S. You sure are a buzzkill.
What's the problem? I answered what the OP asked me.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Bring back Big Game Hunter '10 style and Dangerous Hunts '11. This game was rushed, the shooting galleries were flat out awful...

Big Game Hunter single player campaign was amazing!

Shooting Galleries for Dangerous Hunts '11 were amazing... and then Cabela's or Activision or whomever started just throwing games out to the public. Releasing a new game every month.

BGH12 = garbage
SOK = somewhat garbage

Let's be real here. They are taking away from the series big time.

100% game totals (all DLC included): 70
Retail: 52
Arcade: 18

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
just 1 thing.
be able to change my FUCKING SENSITIVITY when i'm playing with the controller
300,000 Goal: 6/5/2014

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 166
Xbox One 1000/1000: 3
Put gaming away for nearly 8 months in 2012, but I'm back in it again.

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
DwnTheRbbtHole

DwnTheRbbtHole8's Gamercard
I am gonna have to agree with the sensitivity of the aiming. Didn't want to hold the gun to run through the galleries and disappointed with the controller. Then again I could just be a better gamer and suck it up to knock out the rest of the achievements. Think I just talked myself onto playing this again.
DwnTheRbbtHole is offline   Reply With Quote