PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Gallery Tips

Gallery Tips: Difficulty affects the galleries as well. Metered Health enemies are not as often in Easy Settings; however, points are fewer. Hard setting the points / levels add up quicker...

Survival - USE EASY SETTING. memorize where the animals come from, especially the predators. For some reason this game allows predators to attack from 20 feet away. Also memorize on each lap what animals hold the perks. Perks are your best friend. Especially slow motion and health. Slow motion frees you about 20 seconds and the time still ticks normally.

Trek - Use Hard Setting (Points accumulate faster). Very easy. Really no help needed here. The best perk for this is 2X. Typically the trek ends around 3:00. Very straight forward.

Quick Draw - Use Hard Setting (Levels accumulate faster)Kill everything and anything as fast as possible. You have a time limit here to get to level 9. The more you kill the more levels you gain, every time you get hit by a predator you lose a level. Each level you gain you get different attributes (ie: wide bullet spread, auto lock-on, infinite ammo, etc...). Flocks of birds are you best friend here. Can likely gain 2-3 levels per flock, depending on the size.
Quick Draw Galley 8 help - First section, immediately hit the arrow to make it point left. Kill the 5 wolves (don't worry if you get hit here, you don't have a level to lose yet). Next sections, kill the wolves that come from left then right, they alternate. At the next sign, hit the arrow to go left again. Dispose of the wolves under the arch and reload. Immediately aim to the fallen tree as a Big Cat Attack will occur. Use all 5 bullets to dispose of him then reload and kill the deer on top. After this you should be at level one. Next there will be another big cat attack, kill him with three shots and then switch to shotgun. Kill the birds in the next area then switch to rifle to kill the deer who come from top left to right. This should get you to level 3. Kill the next three wolves, one is metered so be careful. The next section the wolves come out you quick., especially the one from the front right. After this you will come to a hill with birds. Kill the first flock switch to rifle kill the 3 wolves then back to shotgun for the 2nd and 3rd flock. This should get you to level 6. If not at this point the next beginning section start with 2 flocks (before the bear). Immediately after the flocks there is a quick approaching bear. Since you are at level 6 you will not need to reload. After him starts lap 2, which you should be on level 7. At the start again, this time you are wanting to go to the right. So hit the arrow kill the 5 wolves in the first section. Now going right there will be a close metered wolf. Quickly kill him (2 shots, double power level 8). After this there will be deer up on the right and then deer on the lower left. Kill as many as you can and viola. Level complete! Any questions PM me.

Any questions PM me.

100% game totals (all DLC included): 72
Retail: 53
Arcade: 19

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983

Last edited by Goots 88; 12-30-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Updated
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
forkbomb

Great tips Goots.

Quick Draw 8 was probably the most difficult for me initially. I found it easiest to turn on hard difficulty and to stick to the right (don't hit any signs) because there are tons of deer in this direction. I ended up finishing in 1:45 just because of the amount of big game to kill.
forkbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Goots 88

Goots 88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkbomb View Post
Great tips Goots.

Quick Draw 8 was probably the most difficult for me initially. I found it easiest to turn on hard difficulty and to stick to the right (don't hit any signs) because there are tons of deer in this direction. I ended up finishing in 1:45 just because of the amount of big game to kill.
Thanks... Much appreciated...

Thanks for the additional tip. I just listed what worked best for me. Quick Draw 8 took me a good 20 times. I found for me sticking to the left there was the least amount of predators and a good amount of birds; however as I mentioned, once I gained level 8 I was then able to go to the right for the greater amount of deer after lap 1. I finished with 3:15 seconds and was only hit once in the very start of the level.

100% game totals (all DLC included): 72
Retail: 53
Arcade: 19

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160983
Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
sighon

sighon's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide and the reply earlier today saved me alot of time
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
KoF NEO GARCIA

KoF NEO GARCIA's Gamercard
Hi!

I nearly finish this game but I have some problems with the Quick Draw 1 and 8... Have you some additional tips?

I tried playing Hard, but for the QD1, I finish only with silver... and cant finish the QD8! (I have gold or platinum for all of the others)

Do you recommand playing with a pad as I play (even it is to slow) or with the Gun (not accurate)...

Thanks in advance!

French top 100 Gscore

LE FUTUR NOUS APPARTIENT!!! LONGUE VIE AUX KoF's
KoF NEO GARCIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Some good tips here thanks, just doing story mode and will be doing the galleries after.

Edit: Fook, i read this earlier, finished the game and went to the galleries, i forgot i went back and thought about trying the last level on hard to see if it unlocked those...I didn't try in the end, but i did change the difficulty lol

Trek is the only thing i've been able to do lol the others im like WTFFFFFF this is impossible...lets see how knocking back to easy does it.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 04-06-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I just finished all the galleries and had the hardest time on quick draw 1 & 8 with a control pad. I ended up doing quick draw 1 on easy difficulty, I did all the rest of the quick draws on normal easily in the time limits, also quick draw 8 I followed Goots 88 advice to the dot apart from I had it on normal difficulty and still finished in 03:42 with a platinum, you just have to be at level 4 auto-lock when you face the bear. Thanks to Goots 88 for all the gallery tips.
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just wanted to confirm that my path on gallery 8 was left, left, right, right. Its more important to survive early on and get the first 4 dots for the auto-lock then you can easily kill all the Moose when you start on the right path to stack up mad points and quickly end the gallery before some random BS cougar/wolf hits you from nowhere. Starting on the left is alot easier than starting on the right since there are fewer predators to begin with in that path.

Took me about 10 tries but it was frustrating being so close then losing it from some random BS animal hitting you from no where.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm, and Achieve On!
MAL

Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
I JUST completed this a day or so ago and I have to agree. The left, left, right, right move on level 8 is the way to go. It was the only gallery I couldn't breeze through and was thinking it was a lost cause. Doing that though made it alot easier and I grabbed platinum with no problem...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
i wish somebody would post the gold scores for survival so i'm not playing one level for 15+ minutes worried if i've got the required score

edit: never mind i made this comment before i started the galleries
my advice is play medium for quick draw, NOT hard. health bar enemies only take 2 hits instead of 3 and you still get plenty enough points
300,000 Goal: Sep 2014

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 169
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7
Put gaming away for nearly 8 months in 2012, but I'm back in it again.

Last edited by Daniel55645; 05-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote