Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #361
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Still got Geth and Reapers to do I think, oh boy Geth should be fun.

So if anyone still fancies doing these just for fun, I'll be happy to join.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 03-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #362
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Maybe this is old news but has everyone seen the new alternate banners we're getting soonish?

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/m...ntest-winners/
Anyone know how to get the Krogan Melee banner?

Also, PM me over LIVE if you need help with platinum for the challenge or want to play platinum.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #363
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Anyone know how to get the Krogan Melee banner?

Also, PM me over LIVE if you need help with platinum for the challenge or want to play platinum.
It's for completing the Combat Mastery challenge. The challenge that requires Melee damage, over-cover grabs, headshots, and grenade damage. I've been hesitant about grinding the over-cover grabs, but now I pretty much have to. That Banner is sick!

Source

Thanks to Gackt
Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #364
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Hopped in for the weekend challenge, couldn't pass up that awesome banner.

I promoted all my classes tonight too and was very pleased to see that I didn't have to rename them all after promoting and all of the cosmetic choices don't reset anymore. Very nice, I'm so out of the loop. What's with all the Gift Packs I keep getting also?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #365
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
What's with all the Gift Packs I keep getting also?
Well, there's a free character pack Gift Box that was released with the Reckoning DLC, it has a 100% of giving you a DLC character.

Then there was the free Gift Box containing a Promotional N7 weapon for the Mass Effect 3, 1-year Anniversary.

After that... if you keep getting Gift Boxes, I've heard of a glitch that does do that (Lucky ducks, those who somehow get it.)

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #366
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I tried to do Platinum Geth with randoms today, didn't go so well.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #367
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Valkyrie VI (gift) and VII (operation). I don't do platinum (not interested in that much stress/time consumption), so I guess I'll just have it at that.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #368
chiapet

wasn't sure if i'd be able to pull off the platinum extracts, but luckily was able to do so with randoms for each type. thank goodness for those geth juggernauts (I don't have one)...no idea how you'd deal with so many damn banshees and phantoms all at once, otherwise. I can confirm that only your team needs to extract in order for you to get credit for the weekend challenge (was insta-killed by banshee at 0:01 vs reapers ).

hurricane 6 + 7, and valiant 4....a good haul for me .
Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #369
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I finished the challenges yesterday. They weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

- Eagle VI
- Valiant VIII
- Valkyrie VI

Whee.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #370
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Took me all weekend, and doing 2 plat extractions with randoms, but finally got it done. Finished the final one at 5:01pm today. Was kind of worried it wasn't going to count but it did. First time I've ever really attempted Platinum so was nice to get all 4 extractions (about 13-15 attempts total I'd guess) Made it to wave 10 multiple times only to fail during or just after finishing the objective.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #371
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

I've developed a fondness of the Eagle now that I've got it to VII, very nice.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #372
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
If anyone wants to update this thread, PM me here. I want to clean this thread back down to a page or two.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #373
Inebriated Jedi

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
If anyone wants to update this thread, PM me here. I want to clean this thread back down to a page or two.
The N7 weapons can be found in packs now, so it looks like the operations are all done...

Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #374
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Can't this just remain a general multiplayer thread? Why does it need trimmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #375
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
The N7 weapons can be found in packs now, so it looks like the operations are all done...
If operations are truely done, this thread is getting locked and we will all return to the N7 Missions thread.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #376
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Before today I had 14 Ultra Rare upgrades to unlock, half of them were Punisher SMG. Now its 34 upgrades. Every time I get close to maxing them out they add more.

There are 21 Ultra Rare weapns and 25 Rare weapons. I remember when we only had 7 UR weapons, then they released Indra. And Harrier. And Particle Rifle. And Typhoon. And Collector SMG. And 4 more with Reckoning. And now 5 more.

Here are images of my weapons manifest form shortly after Rebellion was released and from today.

Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges. I guess it means no more weekend challenges. I'm little sad but Bioware supported ME3 MP a lot longer than I thought they would.

I'm really looking forward to next Mass Effect game and I hope multiplayer part will be as good as it is in ME3.

Last edited by esio gk; 03-13-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #377
WalterWhite

I have a question I hope one of you can help me with. A little while back there was a contest where people designed in-game banners for Mass Effect 3 and recently they announced and showed the ones that got selected. Right after that Bioware announced they were available for in-game use, but I can't find them anywhere in the N7HQ. When I look at the section to change my banner the only choices are the ones for the reward operations I've completed. Any idea what's going on with these banners?

Here's the post...

Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #378
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
I have a question I hope one of you can help me with. A little while back there was a contest where people designed in-game banners for Mass Effect 3 and recently they announced and showed the ones that got selected. Right after that Bioware announced they were available for in-game use, but I can't find them anywhere in the N7HQ. When I look at the section to change my banner the only choices are the ones for the reward operations I've completed. Any idea what's going on with these banners?

Here's the post...

Do you have those particular challenges complete? If so, you should be able to choose the banner you want from this link.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/challenge/

The Krogan ones are my new favorites.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #379
WalterWhite

Quote:
Do you have those particular challenges complete? If so, you should be able to choose the banner you want from this link.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/challenge/

The Krogan ones are my new favorites.
Ohhh, there are challenges associated with them. Sorry, I thought we could just use them. Just ignore me, I'm new to this. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #380
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
Ohhh, there are challenges associated with them. Sorry, I thought we could just use them. Just ignore me, I'm new to this. Thanks!
It's no problem. I think they should have added a few freebies, since most of the challenges take awhile to complete.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #381
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Awesome, less chance of getting the characters and/or Harrier and more chance of a Valkyrie upgrade!

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #382
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges. I guess it means no more weekend challenges. I'm little sad but Bioware supported ME3 MP a lot longer than I thought they would.
About the Squad Elite challenge - I hope so.

I haven't missed a challenge event yet, and was kind of assuming they'd continue to do so, so the weekend even challenge could be completed.

Like you said, I'm really gutted it looks like they're done with it now though, but I will echo your final sentence and say how surprised, and also how grateful I am for their support to the mode.

I remember when the MP was announced, and the amount of uncertainty and some negativity was mammoth. I'll admit I was a little unsure. Brilliant surprise.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #383
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Anyway, they also added 2 more challenges so now it is possible to unlock Squad Elite challenge without doing any weekend challenges.
I just checked out the N7HQ to see what those are, and I have to ask and hoping for the best, but was Unknown added as an actual search location/enemy (as in just like all the other locations, so that you can look specifically for games of U/U)? Too deep in Tomb Raider right now to put in ME3 just to check this one thing out.

I've been wanting U/U searchable for so long! Hate when I'm constantly being placed in predefined PUG lobbies (and usually the same couple locations every time); especially with my anal-retentive, OCD need to keep my GR even across all five sectors. :P
Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #384
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
I just checked out the N7HQ to see what those are, and I have to ask and hoping for the best, but was Unknown added as an actual search location/enemy (as in just like all the other locations, so that you can look specifically for games of U/U)? Too deep in Tomb Raider right now to put in ME3 just to check this one thing out.

I've been wanting U/U searchable for so long! Hate when I'm constantly being placed in predefined PUG lobbies (and usually the same couple locations every time); especially with my anal-retentive, OCD need to keep my GR even across all five sectors. :P
25 Unknown Enemy Extractions
25 Unknown Map Extractions

No word as to "unknown = unknown" as opposed to the usual "unknown = whatever random game we stick you in". My guess, it's easier to host it and guarantee "unknown" status.

Change is inevitable.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #385
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Oh I know it's going to require "unknown = unknown." There's no question about that (hazard maps don't count for the regular maps, even though the location is the same, so the challenges require exactly what they say). I was just wanting to know if there is an option in addition to "Any Location/Enemy" when searching of "Unknown Location/Enemy."

I don't like hosting games (takes too long for even one other person to join (among other reasons)), thus why I've wanted this option for some time.

EDIT: And I just looked, and sure enough, no "Unknown" option in searching for games. :/

Last edited by jswartz0181; 03-13-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #386
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
If anyone wasn't aware, there has been official word that there will be no more weekend events.

Look for NPlewes reply to the topic. Or, I'll just quote it here:

Quote:
Hey guys - so yes the servers and challenge systems will keep running as long as we can keep them up but there will no longer be any organized weekend events.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #387
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
If anyone wasn't aware, there has been official word that there will be no more weekend events.

Look for NPlewes reply to the topic. Or, I'll just quote it here:
Added it to the front page (w/link) and updated the recent operations. In case of the thread getting locked, I just want to take this opportunity to apologize for not updating the thread constantly since Ballistic (Personal stuff.). I also want to thank those who updated the community on the challenges.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
Closed Thread