Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
drno

Send a message via MSN to drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Map of Mysterious Unison (spoilers?)

This is a map of unison, it includes telporters, items, and soul shards. Hope it helps.
Floor 1-9

Floor 8-10

Floor 11-13
Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
MrNuts

Good info...but I'm really confused at the moment. I'm currently in the Mysterious Unison, Floor #4 didn't have a proper exit to floor 5 for me; instead, it had only a transport back to a new area of floor number 3 where I found a soul shard. From there, there was a teleporter back to a new area of floor 4 and then a teleporter to floor 5.

I have 3 soul shards and I definitely haven't been to floor 5 yet. Is this place (semi-) randomized or something?
MrNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
It is increadibly random. The telporters always take you to the same places but usually you don't know where they go. This only really happens on floors 3/4 and 8/9.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
No no no no. None of it is random, it's completely mapped out in the Brady guide. I would just scan them for you guys if that's legal. Is that legal?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Nope, not legal. Unfortunately.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
MrNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaens View Post
No no no no. None of it is random, it's completely mapped out in the Brady guide. I would just scan them for you guys if that's legal. Is that legal?
If what I'm playing doesn't match up with what I'm reading here, it can't be always the same...

I found a soul shard on the 3rd level, but I haven't found one on 5 yet.

Then again, the map you have posted look accurate so..../shrug. Who knows?

--- The map posted is totally accurate. I'm guessing the original guide I read mistakenly listed the soul shard on 3 as being on 5 (an easy thing to do.)

Anyhow, the map is a huge help!

Last edited by MrNuts; 09-26-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: More info
MrNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't mean that you would teleport somewhere random by using the teleport. I meant that the map won't show you where you teleport to. Thats all.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Yeah, in the guide they do Sorry I can't share that info. Someone put a lot of work into making those ascii ones though. Of course, someone put a lot of effort into making the ones in a guide and are looking to get paid for their work. I thought it was illegal, but since those Superman ones were up I thought it might be okay.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #9
Pantera Opeth

Send a message via AIM to Pantera Opeth

Pantera Opeth's Gamercard
What is the trick to the 7th floor? I tried following that map, but I just keep going around and around.
Pantera Opeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Pikku Kai Shinto

I was the one that designed the maps that was posted.
For 3-4, as the map was made, you have to go from Floor 3, to Floor 4, to Floor 3, to Floor 4 once again to get to Floor 5 (Blame the designers).
As for Floor 7. I designed it to show you exactly where to go to get to Floor 8. (Just follow the X patter). Go down Southeast until you get to a map with 3 roads and then go Northwest all the way to the Floor 8 map.

As for Floors 8 and 9, they have many portals going to different areas. I lettered the maps on Floors 8 and 9 to show which Portal takes you to which part. It shouldnt be that confusing.
Pikku Kai Shinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:40 AM   #11
leeks0524

Made an accurate version of floor 7 map

I thought floor 7 can be very confusing for many people, so I made a complete map of floor 7. I'm 99% sure this is error-proof.

I didn't want to spend more time to make it pretty though..

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9964/mapfn2.jpg

You start from blue line and the portal to the next floor is the red line.

When you reach the end of one side, just start over from the opposite side of the map.
leeks0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
Incorrigible Space Cadet

That map was perfect and saved me so much time, thank you pikku.
Incorrigible Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 AM   #13
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
Wish I had this when I was in there during the second day of the games release. It literally took me like 3 hours cause I'm special-ed or something just to get through a couple of the floors. My girlfriend and I were writing out maps on sheets of paper and I prettttttty much wanted to kill myself.
fonzycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #14
ShadowSteve

ShadowSteve's Gamercard
Help plz

Hi after spending about 3 hours just trying to get used to the map and the mysterious union i got hammered by rondo and got intensely annoyed.

firstly i travelled back to the start, where you can save your game at the checkpoint on the 1st floor once but i dont know how i did it..? is it actually possible to travel from any floor back to the 1st floor and if so how??

also what lvl would you reccommend being before actually facing rondo and the final boss??
ShadowSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #15
Incorrigible Space Cadet

Yes, thats the most difficult fight in the first play through. You can teleport back to the start (the save point) from every single level of the dungeon. If you look at the map it will have one orange arrow on every level. This room has a teleport that offers you the option to "return to entrance" or something like that. I think floors 8 and 9 have some orange arrows that have letters in them, they just take you between floors 8 and 9, not to the entrance. I'd suggest that you go through each floor and collect all the powerful weapons and armor before attempting to level up. Just dodge all the enemies or run away if you get into a battle by mistake. You can collect all the weapons and armor up to the floor that Rondo V2 is on, she is blocking the teleport to the next floors. The next step should be to fight those enemies that drop 3 million gold each. You will be working on earning 99,999,999 gold for the 6th floor soul shard, and at the same time leveling up on the easiest enemies in the dungeon IMO. I was often able to take both of those enemies out before they could attack by approaching them from behind. The other enemies are much more deadly so save them for until you are around level 70+, they only give approx. 30,000 extra experience anyway.

As for the characters to use and the levels you should be at, I used a strategy that was originally posted by Kaens:

Quote:
Everyone's different, but here's how I did it...

Viola (Lvl 79)
L1 - White Dagger
D1 - Evil Strike
L2 - Heal Arrow
D2 - Night Arrow

Jazz (Lvl 79)
L1 - Heat Blade
D1 - Geo Blade
L2 - Raven Blast
D2 - Geo Blade

Falsetto (Lvl 79)
L1 - Snow Claw
D1 - Howling Thunder
L2 - Snow Claw
D2 - Willow Strike

Also for Jazz I had this awesome sword called Bezwell's Sword (+220 atk, absorb 20% dmg as HP). He had over 59,000 hps at this point of the game so I was always able to keep him topped off in health even after the worst attacks.

For my items I just used 25 Angel Trumpets. With all of my guys over 50k, these were basically 25000 heals, I'd just let my guys die if they were going to and went all out offense. Honestly I think I only ended up using 10 or 12 of them anyways thanks to Viola's heals during the harmony chains. Also I had recovery gloves on Viola, so that's a free 5000+ HP heal every turn.

Basically from my moveset you can see that I went with all high combo attacks, focusing on building up my combos (enhanced by things like werewolf choker & Falsetto's Lord's Reign weapon). Nearly every time one of my guy's attacked I was able to trigger a 4-6 combo harmony chain. This is just absurd amounts of dmg and even with the boss healing himself for 100k a pop at the end it didn't matter. Entire fight took me maybe 10-15 mins and I did it while chatting on the phone.

If you haven't practiced your harmony chains that's really what you need to do to make this happen. Oh one last note, I had a hard time keeping my chain going after Viola's heal arrows, which is why I moved those to the 2nd wave of special attacks.
This strategy was suggested for the end boss on the final floor of the dungeon. I actually used these stats and characters against Rondo V2 and then I was at level 82 when I fought the end boss(+ 3 levels solely from the experience points you get by defeating Rondo). It worked brilliantly. You wont have Bezwell's Sword for Jazz until after you beat Rondo V2. Its on the next floor.
Incorrigible Space Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #16
Michigan boy

Michigan boy's Gamercard
For me I had
Falsetto lvl 77 with
L1 - Snow Claw
D1 - Howling Thunder
L2-Swallow Dance
D2 - IDK (same as swallow dance though)
Claves lvl 72
L1-Eagle Wing
D1-Obsidian Needle
L2-Unicorn horn
D2-Aitar Horn
Polka lvl 65
L1-Blossom Shower
D1-Nether Wave
L2-Pure Geyser
D2-Terra Externa

I had Claves and Falsetto Destroy them. I had 5 heaven's Mirror and a bunch of clovers. Mostly Polka did the healing till someone died.

The Harmony chains did massive dammage. The worst was when Rondo used that Multihit attack that made like a giant wall of magma as the finishing blow.
Michigan boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
ShadowSteve

ShadowSteve's Gamercard
thanks for that, next time i will return to the ground floor and save it more often, because i had gotten all the way to rondo and being defeated without having saved once from the basement... as you can imagine this brought great stress.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 PM   #18
ShadowSteve

ShadowSteve's Gamercard
Ive found that on floor 3 & 4 on the map shown you cannot teleport back to the entrance, so if you want to save it dont be shocked just proceed to floor 5 where you will be able to teleport back to entrance. Also when you get to floor 3 (the 5th map in the sequence shown) the map says the way you came in leads to the previous floor (shaded orange); however it actually teleports you to the next floor, i understand why the developer did this but you should be careful not to get confused, proceed to getting the soul shard and teleporting through the exit shaded yellow on this map.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #19
Evarist0 X

Evarist0 X's Gamercard
I tried to kill the final boss of the dungeon with Viola, Salsa, and Alegretto at like lvl 71... didn't work. Is lvl 80 a good lvl to kill the freaking dragon?

Evarist0 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
Death Knight

nops It's not random

after I played it

I think if you're smart enough, you'll understand the maps

the problem is that there is no save point ... so if you lose you'll start over again

thanks drno

Last edited by Death Knight; 12-14-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Death Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #21
Lord Terentius

Send a message via MSN to Lord Terentius Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Terentius

Lord Terentius's Gamercard
Superb map Drno.

I wouldn't have finished M.Unison without it
Lord Terentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #22
neech uk

neech uk's Gamercard
no offense but i found these maps, and i fink they are much better.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...me/934162.html
neech uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
sloppyjoe811

Send a message via AIM to sloppyjoe811

sloppyjoe811's Gamercard
Yea I have to agree. The maps on gamefaqs was much much better
sloppyjoe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #24
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe811 View Post
Yea I have to agree. The maps on gamefaqs was much much better
i agree too..i haven't reached this part but i will use the images when needed..anyway i have to thank drno's effort..
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:26 AM   #25
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Thanks man awoesome job on this, i hate mazes like this =]
Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
hankiejr

hankiejr's Gamercard
these maps are so much helpfullllll
hankiejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #27
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
thanks for these maps. It makes the level so easy just running through getting all the items and avoiding any enemies.

i just got my arse handed to me by Rondo though, so i'm gonna have to get those levels up.

I'm currently 76....

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #28
TheBobsterYay

TheBobsterYay's Gamercard
Thanks for these maps they help out a lot and have saved me a lot of time thanks so much.
TheBobsterYay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #29
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
I just wanna take the time to vent my anger and so Mysterious Unison is aload of friggin bullshit.

I was on floor 9 and get ambushed by some creatures that I can easily deal with, but because I was ambushed and they got all my characters in a back attack they managed to kill my entire party, as theres no friggin save points in the fucking unison now im forced to load my save game which is at the start of unison meaning ive lost all my fucking work from the last hour and a half or so! BULLSHIT! Back attacks are fucking bullshit! I regularly own these monsters but if they get a back attack WOW they kill all my chars as they're able to do around 30k of damage which is the HP of each of my main chars, real friggin bullshit! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

PUT SAVE POINTS IN THE DAMN FUCKIN UNISON BECAUSE THAT IS REAL BULLSHIT, THERES NO ELEMENT OF SKILL IN THAT IT'S PURELY LUCK, IF YOUR UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO BE AMBUSHED (yes, i was payin attention to my screen bla bla bla) then you can get raped like this. Real fucking pathetic.

Though the unison is real fucking bullshit I thank you for the maps! They're really helpful.

Last edited by _DaNnY_; 09-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
jello

Jellophile's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DaNnY_ View Post
I just wanna take the time to vent my anger and so Mysterious Unison is aload of friggin bullshit.

I was on floor 9 and get ambushed by some creatures that I can easily deal with, but because I was ambushed and they got all my characters in a back attack they managed to kill my entire party, as theres no friggin save points in the fucking unison now im forced to load my save game which is at the start of unison meaning ive lost all my fucking work from the last hour and a half or so! BULLSHIT! Back attacks are fucking bullshit! I regularly own these monsters but if they get a back attack WOW they kill all my chars as they're able to do around 30k of damage which is the HP of each of my main chars, real friggin bullshit! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

PUT SAVE POINTS IN THE DAMN FUCKIN UNISON BECAUSE THAT IS REAL BULLSHIT, THERES NO ELEMENT OF SKILL IN THAT IT'S PURELY LUCK, IF YOUR UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO BE AMBUSHED (yes, i was payin attention to my screen bla bla bla) then you can get raped like this. Real fucking pathetic.

Though the unison is real fucking bullshit I thank you for the maps! They're really helpful.
Everytime you get to a new floor, you can go back to the entrance and save. The teleporter there will then allow you to select any floor you've already been to.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.