PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
MicroCool

MicroCool's Gamercard
Disguises are Bogus

Whether your dressed as a cop, shop vendor it doesn't matter. It's like everyone has eyes all around their head and will spot u. I mean how can a someone spot u during Chinese New Year with all the fireworks, crowds etc. I'm walking around in a shop outfit and can walk by in a crowd while people are waiting in line to get food but these guys can cook, take orders, serve people and can still spot me. If they can do all that then why the hell are they serving food with talents like that. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge but I think SE went a little over board. I live in a small city and I know if I was dressed just like a cop I could walk by several and they wouldn't notice me, but everyone in the Chicago Police Dept knows every face. Come on
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Fully agree, but this is best posted below :-

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=401169

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
DAnDaRk11

DAnDaRk11's Gamercard
I agree. Also, if one of the cooks spots you, he follows you across the map like Charles Bronson.
DAnDaRk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
This is my only issue with an otherwise awesome game, everyone knows everyone its just silly.

Its how quick they realise your an imposter, completely unrealistic especially on the higher supposed more realistic difficulty levels, it also really hurts your ability to explore the levels and your options.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Der Nacho

DER NACHO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You gotta use instinct to blend when you walk by a guard dressed as a guard. It makes more sense for them to be suspicious. It's totally fine.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Nacho View Post
You gotta use instinct to blend when you walk by a guard dressed as a guard. It makes more sense for them to be suspicious. It's totally fine.
But even then, you don't have enough instinct to last the entire level after just one or two people start noticing you.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Der Nacho

DER NACHO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
But even then, you don't have enough instinct to last the entire level after just one or two people start noticing you.

I'll probably be in the minority here, that's okay. It's been so long since Blood Money, I can't remember if it has the same affect. But I do enjoy the challenge. I would say do more silent kills to raise the instinct level. Or in all honesty learn the missions. This is a stealth game with a bit of strategy in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll probably be in the minority here, that's okay. It's been so long since Blood Money, I can't remember if it has the same affect. But I do enjoy the challenge. I would say do more silent kills to raise the instinct level. Or in all honesty learn the missions. This is a stealth game with a bit of strategy in my opinion.
For an example, during the prologue you have to enter the greenhouse. There is a gardener and a guard at the door. You MUST use instinct to enter the greenhouse but then almost all of your instinct is gone by the time you get inside. Now you have to get past a ton of guards and gardeners. I'm still looking for a better way but I hate the linearity of the levels too.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The problem with the disguises is they don't appear to fit in with the rest of the game. The idea behind hiding bodies and creating distractions or noise adds a sense of realism to the game but the disguises take away from that realism. I understand some disguises may be difficult to pull off, like a small team of janitors would recognize if one of their team was missing but when every cop gets suspicious of you, it really breaks that sense of realism.

They should have made it so that if you start acting out of character or got too close then you would have a problem, but when i'm walking along the train platform surrounded by people and every cop is suspicious of me, it begins to feel very unbalanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 AM   #10
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCool View Post
Whether your dressed as a cop, shop vendor it doesn't matter. It's like everyone has eyes all around their head and will spot u. I mean how can a someone spot u during Chinese New Year with all the fireworks, crowds etc. I'm walking around in a shop outfit and can walk by in a crowd while people are waiting in line to get food but these guys can cook, take orders, serve people and can still spot me. If they can do all that then why the hell are they serving food with talents like that. Don't get me wrong I like a challenge but I think SE went a little over board. I live in a small city and I know if I was dressed just like a cop I could walk by several and they wouldn't notice me, but everyone in the Chicago Police Dept knows every face. Come on
not only that but you get spotted way faster and easier than you did in previous games. before you could walk past people and nothing would happen, now you get spotted instantly no matter what

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 177
Xbox One 1000/1000: 12

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard
It's been awhile, but this is how I remember it working as far back as Silent Assassin on Xbox 1 too. I was always going mad from how quickly the rumble 'pulse' (which used to tell you how suspicious others were of your disguise) started going nuts. I walked slower, I walked faster, nothing helped if I was even a little close to guards, cops, whoever so I said eff it and used cheat codes iirc. I'm pretty surprised in their attempt to streamline the series they didn't make disguises more forgiving. Bad AI, crappy disguise system... yep, it's classic Hitman. (I still love it to death)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
I agree. Despite how much I like this game, it seems a bit unforgiving on disguises. I feel like I'm playing Hitman 2 again.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

It clearly states in the early game tutorials that if you walk past somebody who is of the same profession, or affiliation, as the disguise you're wearing, they will recognize that you are not legit. The only way to evade those people is to use Instinct Mode.

It makes total sense to me.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I have not had any problem with this, if you wanna get past a cop, use instinct in a cop uniform, or use a diff disguise and u can walk right past if its not restricted area.

Ristricted areas are only passable as VIP or gang members etc, but they would realisticly know each other, so instinct aids you, but the game offers many ways inside a complex, or around a situation.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 63
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Quote:

Not really. Take the on the run levels. You telling me every cop knows what every other cop in Chicago looks like?
If I'm doing something odd then yes get suspicious like in the other games but now? Walking within 10 feet of them and they just know you are a fake?

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
It clearly states in the early game tutorials that if you walk past somebody who is of the same profession, or affiliation, as the disguise you're wearing, they will recognize that you are not legit. The only way to evade those people is to use Instinct Mode.

I totally missed this information. That actually makes a lot of sense. Now it just seems like an attention to detail.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
the simple answer is not everyone is the same body size and shape as 47.

therefore its unrealistic to expect every disguise to fit perfectly. you might not recognise every officer in the police force, but you might notice someone wearing a shirt 4 times too big.

but for gameplay purposes, you get detected rather easily, even on normal difficulty
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
Cakolukia

Gamboochie's Gamercard
The only thing I get upset about is disguises that cover 47's face being detectable. That's bullshit.

Cakolukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
No, it's not bogus, but they changed the way it works (I also prefer the old Blood Money disguises way of working, though)

Now, only a few disguises are 100% safe.

In fact, it's more realistic that way, if you are dressed as a cop, it seems logic that the other cops can spot you.

But, in the first level, for example, if you take the disguide of the cook, you won't be spotted by anyone on the first floor without using instinct (of course, because there is only one cook, so no one can spot you).

But, in purist mode, even without instinct (if the gauge is empty), you have to walk holding RB button to be able to walk without being caught.

In the first level, you have to use instinct to enter but then, you don't need it at all. Take the right road, they will be suspicious but if you keep walking, they won't spot you.

Personally, I don't think the disguise is a flaw of the game, the only thing I find bad in it it's the levels (there are only 5 levels which are true assassinations missions, of the 20 the game have).

You just need to find the good disguise each time, one different from the guys you want to walk near to, and one that let you enter in the zone).

Requiring to do assassinations when the people in the zone already knows you are here is not really a real assassination mission for me. The point of Hitman games is to kill someone without being spotted, so that no one ever know you been there).

Last edited by davhuit; 11-23-2012 at 09:38 AM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #20
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakolukia View Post
The only thing I get upset about is disguises that cover 47's face being detectable. That's bullshit.

Really? See with a mask he should be hidden. The old system did work better IMO. As i said if you acted odd they got suspicious of you and it was easy to blow cover on the harder settings.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
T9X69

T9X 69's Gamercard
On the games official forums one of the devs said they're looking at different options to tweak the disguise system due to fan feedback. They should just add another difficulty called "Classic Mode" and apply the same system from Blood Money.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post

Problem is I ain't walking past them, and they are away from me and still see me.

I start to play like Deus Ex.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #23
Silver Assassin

Samba Magician's Gamercard
I found that annoying especially when my face is covered and the guard is wondering if we had a threesome back in whenever, I'm thinking "how the hell can you tell!?"

Asides this I didn't really have a problem with the system, I just accepted it and moved on.
Silver Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #24
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
disguises annoy me as well there is no way they should be able to see through them so easily. The other issue i have is with your silenced weapons, if no one sees you fire them or the target get shot directly then no one should notice that either
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
DrBrooks

Dr BR00KS's Gamercard
All the problems with the disguise system frustrate me to the point I just go guns blazing most of the time. Hopefully I can get the hang of it and go full stealth on a second playthrough.
DrBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #26
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
disguises annoy me as well there is no way they should be able to see through them so easily. The other issue i have is with your silenced weapons, if no one sees you fire them or the target get shot directly then no one should notice that either
Yep, it's absolute bullshit. i would rather have the Hitman 2 system.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
Ned King

Only started to play this game but I loved blood money,I have to agree the disguises are a total waste off time.How can anyone say they are not,people say you have to use instinct.What us the point off putting on a disguise if you have to use instinct,it got to the stage that I got fed up off everyone knowing who I was so I just went round killing everybody.
A cook chased me all over Chinatown because I got to close in a cooks outfit,waste off time putting that outfit on lol.
Blood money was far better,only if you were doing suspicious things would the guards take notice but even walking around a packed Chinatown doing nothing makes Cops,cooks cleaners and everyone else follow you.
Totally stupid and it really ruins the game.
Ned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #28
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The disguises are fine. It's a balance between realism and gameplay. It's just a game. It's not broken, its part of the puzzle. I like that challenge. When I figure out a level it makes it so much sweeter because I had to earn it. Even in disguise I have to play it smart. Great game. I don't mind that its not all like Blood Money. I like the variety.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Now this makes no sense.

During the level, believe is Death Factory, at the very beginning, you have to access files, a man is tied to a chair blindfolded, and a guard right in front of him, facing you but head down on the clipboard, yet somehow I am able to enter the room and take the files from the left with no detect meter!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #30
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I agree this is stupid. I found most of the disguises useless. Otherwise this game was pretty good.

Achievements completion : 99,41%
Gamerscore completion : 99,43%
Retail games completed : 76/80
I'm a completionist!!!

Currently working on Halo MCC, GTA 5 (X1).
Looking for partners to boost Saints Row 1 mp achievements

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote