PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Der Nacho
 
Der Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 424

DER NACHO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbss View Post
You missed the point: it's just how it works. I guess nobody here complained about MP being on a second disc, we just noticed that the MP has low population due to that.
You're absolutely right about the stupidity of non-playing rather than switching a disc in the xbox. Still, it's what happens to the majority of people.
You're right, perhaps should have generalized it more. Or maybe we'll just say I was being proactive and stopping it before it started? Eh? Yeah I didn't think that would fly.

I do disagree with the fact that the event challenge was overestimated based on some not playing multiplayer just because some people have to change a disc. It's a hard multiplayer to play. Unless you are the ultimate "Assassin" for most players this is a hard mp to play. I know I have my trouble, and that's why I don't play it very often. YOU DIE A LOT. It gets frustrating. That's probably one of the major reasons why there isn't enough kills in the challenge. And probably because the menu sucks and they didn't see it/know about it. I know I forgot that it was this weekend. Not that I would've participated anyway...

If more of my friends play the multiplayer, It'd be one of the more reason to play it more. But hey that's not going to happen.
__________________
Der Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
bbss
 
bbss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 320

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Well, other than that (which I agree, plus the sssloooow waiting times before respawning) I'd add the fact that you had to access the multiplayer section to realize there was an event incoming. Maybe they could have had a popup in the campaign one, knowing that players are mostly there.
__________________


...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #33
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbss View Post
Nah, they do (100 + bonuses. But it's even higher if they don't get noticed while running) and they balance the lower amount with an higher number of kills. Not to mention you usually end with your target killed by someone else if you take your time to score a perfect kill (both single and team based gametypes). It's all wrong.
100 + bonuses is not a lot, not when their kill bonus at most is discreet, which is I do believe 200 points less than an Incognito. The way it works out 1 'stealthy' kill is ATLEAST worth 2 noob kills.

Really, all your explanation has done is indicate that you don't play the MP that much and thus do not have the greatest understanding of it. I don't mean to sound condescending here, but i'm someone whom has been top rank in every AC: MP to date and continually tops the scoreboard with the lowest amount of kills (I think my win record on 3 is around 60% - I frequently play Team modes alone, which is obviously a lot harder to win). My experience of playing the multiplayer of 3 clocks in at around 15 hours... in those 15 hours i've been beaten by a 'runner' twice - I remember both times because it infuriated me so much. Thus I simply cannot agree with you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Plenty of people run around like idiots scoring low-point kills and still end up at the top of the lobby scoreboard.

The only way it's going to get fixed is if Ubi drastically reduces the amount of points for a base kill. There was a slight improvement when the ability to contest kills was added, but it's not enough.

The multiplayer is unbalanced in the favor of players that play the game improperly. It's been this way since Brotherhood. So no... it's obviously never going to be fixed.
That statement is akin to the numerous times on here someone claims their game is glitched when:
  • they are attempting to finish the Hunting map - but missed out the Homestead
  • their delivery sync isn't going up, because you have to do all from 1 area
  • there is a chest missing, that is in a Tavern not displayed on the map
  • The QTE is glitched on Captain Kidd's last mission, because it's harder to do than running around in the Frontier
  • Washington's conversations aren't unlocking, when there are 2 to do in Sequence 9, Mission 2

Your complaint that the MP is broken is no different to all those up there ^, why? Because it's simply down to lack of experience to know otherwise. Anyone that spends a reasonable amount of time playing the multiplayer will tell you that runners do not win. The only time a runner will win a game is if it's an entire room filled with them, which somewhat stops you from pulling out huge numbers per kill (my record is 1500 points) or if the runner has been really, really lucky.

Most runners that are chasing you are simply free points... because they are so obvious that it is so easy to simply stun them.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
bbss
 
bbss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 320

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post

Really, all your explanation has done is indicate that you don't play the MP that much and thus do not have the greatest understanding of it. I don't mean to sound condescending here, but i'm someone whom has been top rank in every AC: MP to date and continually tops the scoreboard with the lowest amount of kills (I think my win record on 3 is around 60% - I frequently play Team modes alone, which is obviously a lot harder to win). My experience of playing the multiplayer of 3 clocks in at around 15 hours... in those 15 hours i've been beaten by a 'runner' twice - I remember both times because it infuriated me so much. Thus I simply cannot agree with you at all.
Of course i don't - I still think it's broken since my rushers must be less rushers than yours (they just rush to the target and then stop 10 meters away, ability to spot, incognito kill. And this happens with team mates, too.). But whatever, as I said I just get those few achievements and then never come back on multi so my experience is not that high. Cheers!
__________________


...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #35
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,151

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stoz View Post
The final straw for me was standing next to my intended target pounding the kill button for absolutely ages and nothing happened, target then turned round and stabbed me in the throat in one flawless move.
In this instance they were not your target but your purser, they are trying to kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
Rushers get barely any points... You shouldn't be losing to them full stop.


Never going to be fixed? It's only a problem if you are being too obvious so a rusher knows who you are... Rushers are by and large idiots, they will frequently go for the wrong target if there is a choice. If there isn't a choice then that's where you have gone wrong, not the game. Be less obvious = get killed less.
Someone understands how the MP works

Funny thing is when I played Deathmatch on Revelations and I ended up with noobs, I only use the default ability same as them. Just watching them running around (highlighting my purser), and I ended up with the least kills and came 1st.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
Hated multiplayer with a passion largely due to im shit at it, but also because i don't find it fun.
I'm the same with shooters so know how you feel.



Reading these threads, I must be in the minority who is excited for the MP, I played a lot on Revelations (about 3 days game time I think). May have to go back to ubisoft forum for chats about MP.

Xmas couldn't come quicker enough as the first thing I will be doing when I get the game is playing MP, I noticed this also with 2 friends on my list who I played Revelations with.

This disc 2, if there was one disc, people would moan that SP content was small to make room for MP - can't win.
__________________

Last edited by cjdavies; 11-19-2012 at 06:26 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #36
Skillet
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,086
Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
100 + bonuses is not a lot, not when their kill bonus at most is discreet, which is I do believe 200 points less than an Incognito. The way it works out 1 'stealthy' kill is ATLEAST worth 2 noob kills.

Really, all your explanation has done is indicate that you don't play the MP that much and thus do not have the greatest understanding of it. I don't mean to sound condescending here, but i'm someone whom has been top rank in every AC: MP to date and continually tops the scoreboard with the lowest amount of kills (I think my win record on 3 is around 60% - I frequently play Team modes alone, which is obviously a lot harder to win). My experience of playing the multiplayer of 3 clocks in at around 15 hours... in those 15 hours i've been beaten by a 'runner' twice - I remember both times because it infuriated me so much. Thus I simply cannot agree with you at all.


That statement is akin to the numerous times on here someone claims their game is glitched when:
  • they are attempting to finish the Hunting map - but missed out the Homestead
  • their delivery sync isn't going up, because you have to do all from 1 area
  • there is a chest missing, that is in a Tavern not displayed on the map
  • The QTE is glitched on Captain Kidd's last mission, because it's harder to do than running around in the Frontier
  • Washington's conversations aren't unlocking, when there are 2 to do in Sequence 9, Mission 2

Your complaint that the MP is broken is no different to all those up there ^, why? Because it's simply down to lack of experience to know otherwise. Anyone that spends a reasonable amount of time playing the multiplayer will tell you that runners do not win. The only time a runner will win a game is if it's an entire room filled with them, which somewhat stops you from pulling out huge numbers per kill (my record is 1500 points) or if the runner has been really, really lucky.

Most runners that are chasing you are simply free points... because they are so obvious that it is so easy to simply stun them.
How is complaining about score balancing the same as complaining about non-existent glitches?

And I don't need anyone lecturing me about not understanding the game, thanks. I've put over 30 hours into AC multiplayer over the course of three games. I understand how the game works well enough to tell you that it's too easy to sprint around the map getting points in the 100 - 400 point range and end up at the top of the scoreboard. I've observed it plenty of times... I've even done it on several occasions. But considering the fact that not only is the game not meant to be played that way, but it's not very fun, I opted out of that tactic.
__________________
FORUM RULES

Read them.... apply them.


Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
KJDellow
 
KJDellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 53

KJDellow's Gamercard
I'll probably play for the achievements and then never bother with the MP again, same as I have done with the previous ones.
I'm just not a fan of MP games and this one bugged me a lot!
__________________
KJDellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
How is complaining about score balancing the same as complaining about non-existent glitches? [1]

And I don't need anyone lecturing me about not understanding the game, thanks. I've put over 30 hours into AC multiplayer over the course of three games. I understand how the game works well enough to tell you that it's too easy to sprint around the map getting points in the 100 - 400 point range and end up at the top of the scoreboard. [2]I've observed it plenty of times... I've even done it on several occasions. But considering the fact that not only is the game not meant to be played that way, but it's not very fun, I opted out of that tactic.
[1] Because the score balancing is perfectly fine, and complaining about it simply comes from not having a firm enough grasp of it, just like how people complain about things being glitched because they haven't grasped what you have to do. Anyone that does have a firm enough grasp of it simply would not be losing to runners.

[2] And I understand the game well enough to tell you that's simply not the case. If that works in rooms that you play in that's simply because the level of the player in that room is bad enough for a bad player (read: runner) to manage to win. Good players will prevail over that type of gameplay, pure and simple. Both myself and the other guy who has posted in here who is also a fan of the MP have said exactly the same thing in that regard.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #39
kennyubasterd00
 
kennyubasterd00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Middle of No-where aka U.S.A, Iowa
Posts: 1,065

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Only reason I'm not playing the MP right now is because of the Completionist achievement. Stupid Courier X(
__________________
Currently working on: Devil May Cry 4, Record of Agarest War,
Record of Agarest War: Zero, Bangai-O HD: Missle Fury
Proudest 100%'s: Hexic HD, Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy XIII, Resonence of Fate
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #40
Skillet
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,086
Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
[1] Because the score balancing is perfectly fine, and complaining about it simply comes from not having a firm enough grasp of it, just like how people complain about things being glitched because they haven't grasped what you have to do. Anyone that does have a firm enough grasp of it simply would not be losing to runners.

[2] And I understand the game well enough to tell you that's simply not the case. If that works in rooms that you play in that's simply because the level of the player in that room is bad enough for a bad player (read: runner) to manage to win. Good players will prevail over that type of gameplay, pure and simple. Both myself and the other guy who has posted in here who is also a fan of the MP have said exactly the same thing in that regard.
And you're both outvoted. Everyone I've ever spoken to has agreed with me on the multiplayer. And considering the millions of sales the series has, and the abysmal numbers of players online, I'm sure there are plenty more who share the sentiment.

You can try to claim that you know more about the game or whatever, I honestly couldn't care less. I've personally seen games that directly contradict your argument. The general consensus, as proven by this thread, is that a large percentage of players only touch the MP for achievements anyway. If you like it, good for you. But the majority isn't wrong just because you want to believe they are.

I won't argue on this anymore.
__________________
FORUM RULES

Read them.... apply them.


Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #41
ViNyLek
 
ViNyLek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 301
Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Sounds like most of you are just matched badly. Sure I've had few rushers on my team, that pretty much are the reason for losing on other bonuses, that could otherwise win entire game, but only happen upon one of those every 5 games or so.

Not often enough to ruin the experience or make me forget the way this is meant to be played. Like an assassin=D Feel free to add me if you want to play AC online. I only have one friend I play it online with and mostly I am alone=P
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #42
Scnew
 
Scnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 164

scnew's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
It's a unique MP so I'm glad they've stuck with it, just hope they'd do something about those damn smoke bombs
Wipe and Animus Shield are both good defenses against smoke bombs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
And you're both outvoted. Everyone I've ever spoken to has agreed with me on the multiplayer. And considering the millions of sales the series has, and the abysmal numbers of players online, I'm sure there are plenty more who share the sentiment.

You can try to claim that you know more about the game or whatever, I honestly couldn't care less. I've personally seen games that directly contradict your argument.
I don't know what games you're playing. Not that I never, ever, run, but my average score kill score in Revelations was something like 600, and I consistently placed in the top three (usually #1) when I played. Not only does constant running make it a lot easier for the target to stun them, but even if you have no way of defending yourself you can still get an honorable death and get almost as many points as the runner that killed you. Sometimes you've got to run to get a kill if your target knows what they're doing, but I'll never agree that it's a consistent way to win.

All that said, they really shouldn't have restricted the first event to team games. I loves me some Wanted, so half of what I did over the weekend didn't count.

Last edited by Scnew; 11-19-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #43
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
And you're both outvoted. Everyone I've ever spoken to has agreed with me on the multiplayer. And considering the millions of sales the series has, and the abysmal numbers of players online, I'm sure there are plenty more who share the sentiment.

You can try to claim that you know more about the game or whatever, I honestly couldn't care less. I've personally seen games that directly contradict your argument. The general consensus, as proven by this thread, is that a large percentage of players only touch the MP for achievements anyway. If you like it, good for you. But the majority isn't wrong just because you want to believe they are.

I won't argue on this anymore.
The majority? In this thread so far 2 people (including yourself) have said that the scoring is broken allowing runners to win. 1 of those people acknowledged that his opinion comes from a pretty limited amount of experience on the game, which is fair enough.

In contrast, 5 people now have entered this thread and completely disagreed that the scoring is broken and that runners win.

PS:This discussion was never about whether the multiplayer is good or whether people like it... that's just personal opinion, lots won't like it, some will. This discussion is about your claims that the game is broken, which is up for discussion because that's saying that the game doesn't work as it should when anyone that ever spends time playing it will tell you otherwise.

I'm not trying to change your mind into liking the game, or anyone's for that matter, that's completely irrelevant to me. What I will do is debate something that I see as factually incorrect.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #44
michigan
 
michigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9

Zef Sider's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
Hated multiplayer with a passion largely due to im shit at it, but also because i don't find it fun.
This guy and I have the same brain, clearly.
I am so incredibly bad at the multiplayer that I don't think I can scold it; if only because I don't get to experience it correctly.
michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #45
SHawk996
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 295

shawk996's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
The MP is horrible, it always has been horrible, and anyone who enjoys it is a masochist.

Obviously, just my opinion... by my opinions are facts, in my opinion.

Anywho, to clear up something... the MP in AC has never been created by the team that does the SP. It's two different teams sharing various assets to create what is largely, two different games. Though I am of the opinion that MP in Assassin's Creed was and always will be a stupid idea. But to say that they "should have spent more time on SP instead of MP" is a baseless assumption. The fact is, there were a lot of things done with Assassin's Creed 3 that were very new ideas... a lot of work went into this game. I agree it has (a lot) of flaws, but a lot of those flaws are being fixed with this week's patch as well, so at least Ubi is readily supporting the game.

And why should the achievements for multiplayer be harder? I was happy that there were only four and that I was able to earn them all with 4 total hours of gameplay with a friend playing Wolf Pack. We were also lucky enough to win the only game of Manhunt that we played. Neither of us have touched the MP since. I don't have much of a problem with the Wolf Pack. In fact, I think that mode is the only logical mode that should have ever been implemented into AC. Maybe by now, it would have had more features and been a little more interesting.
I totally agree...therefore, it is indeed fact. Wolfpack is fun. Other modes...not so much.

I can understand a need for balance, but let's be real: On MP, you all play as ASSASSIN'S. And the best you can do to rid your pursuer is slap them in the face? Give me a fucking break.
__________________
25k = May 29th 2009
50k = Feb 8th 2010
75k = Nov 4th 2011
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,151

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post
I totally agree...therefore, it is indeed fact. Wolfpack is fun. Other modes...not so much.

I can understand a need for balance, but let's be real: On MP, you all play as ASSASSIN'S. And the best you can do to rid your pursuer is slap them in the face? Give me a fucking break.
I don't know if it's in this game but there is also Lure using a Decoy, a Bodygurd.

Do they have Deathmatch mode?
__________________
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #47
VerifyedRasta
 
VerifyedRasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tranquility Lane
Posts: 823

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post
I can understand a need for balance, but let's be real: On MP, you all play as ASSASSIN'S. And the best you can do to rid your pursuer is slap them in the face? Give me a fucking break.
Like you said: Need for balance.
It would make more sense for you to simply kill someone who is trying to kill you, but with latency and other issues, it'd be a mess.
__________________
"You know, if you have the aptitude, you should join the Mage's College in Winterhold."
*Has Aptitude. Joins Mage's college*
"You know, if you..."
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
Lord Arkhan
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 399

lord arkhan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
in those 15 hours i've been beaten by a 'runner' twice - I remember both times because it infuriated me so much. Thus I simply cannot agree with you at all.

The only time a runner will win a game is if it's an entire room filled with them, which somewhat stops you from pulling out huge numbers per kill (my record is 1500 points) or if the runner has been really, really lucky.
You are saying that it never happens and anyone it happens to just doesn't understand the game but then you go onto say that not only is it possible but it has happened to you as well?

I'm sorry but when by the time I have stalked my target and gotten in close enough for a high point kill(800-900) either my target will be killed by a runner of someone else has already scored 3-4 lower number kills.

Not every runner kill is 100 and 4 kills at 250 trumps my 1 kill at 900.

It is all well and good that you have very infrequently come into lobbies where it happens but it DOES happen. Way to often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
The majority? In this thread so far 2 people (including yourself) have said that the scoring is broken allowing runners to win. 1 of those people acknowledged that his opinion comes from a pretty limited amount of experience on the game, which is fair enough.
You really need to count. So far, since this part of the discussion started, there have been 2 people who say that it is fine and 4(if you include the guy who hasn't played much) who say it it broken.

Plus one in the middle who says it happens every few games but it doesn't bother him too much.

That sir, is a majority.
__________________
I'm not crazy. My reality just differs from yours in varying degrees of severity.

Last edited by Lord Arkhan; 11-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Lord Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #49
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
You are saying that it never happens and anyone it happens to just doesn't understand the game but then you go onto say that not only is it possible but it has happened to you as well?

I'm sorry but when by the time I have stalked my target and gotten in close enough for a high point kill(800-900) either my target will be killed by a runner of someone else has already scored 3-4 lower number kills.

Not every runner kill is 100 and 4 kills at 250 trumps my 1 kill at 900.

It is all well and good that you have very infrequently come into lobbies where it happens but it DOES happen. Way to often.
I never said it never happens. My exact statement was:

Rushers get barely any points... You shouldn't be losing to them full stop.

That is not saying that it doesn't ever happen, that is saying that it shouldn't. There are always going to be anomalies when someone breaks the trend, as evidenced by me stating that i've lost to a runner 2 times in 15 hours. Sometimes they just get lucky.

Equally, yes, i'm sure it does happen that runners end up winning games. A bad player can always win, but a good player simply won't let it happen often at all. That's balanced to me.

Furthermore.. 4 rushed kills in the period you get 1 kill? That does not sound right to me at all, and I tend to win games where second place has around 4/5 more kills than me, simply because there are more ways to get points than simply getting kills. You get a fair amount of points defending and thus should be able to rack up a fair few stuns and lures considering runners are so obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
You really need to count. So far, since this part of the discussion started, there have been 2 people who say that it is fine and 4(if you include the guy who hasn't played much) who say it it broken.

Plus one in the middle who says it happens every few games but it doesn't bother him too much.

That sir, is a majority.
My mistake on the 4 that say it's problem, I hadn't exactly gone back through the thread to doublecheck and thus had forgotten the 1 that had posted once on the first page whom hasn't been involved in the conversation. Equally, it's now only 4 with you included: you, bbss (who acknowledged that he isn't exactly that experienced in order to make a good judgement), Skillet and Quid Squid.

More than 2 say that the scoring is fine. Myself, Verifyed Rasta, cjdavies, ViNyLek, Scnew so it would appear your maths is as bad as mine.

3 people to 5. That sir, is not a majority.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #50
kennyubasterd00
 
kennyubasterd00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Middle of No-where aka U.S.A, Iowa
Posts: 1,065

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
You are saying that it never happens and anyone it happens to just doesn't understand the game but then you go onto say that not only is it possible but it has happened to you as well?

I'm sorry but when by the time I have stalked my target and gotten in close enough for a high point kill(800-900) either my target will be killed by a runner of someone else has already scored 3-4 lower number kills.

Not every runner kill is 100 and 4 kills at 250 trumps my 1 kill at 900.

It is all well and good that you have very infrequently come into lobbies where it happens but it DOES happen. Way to often.



You really need to count. So far, since this part of the discussion started, there have been 2 people who say that it is fine and 4(if you include the guy who hasn't played much) who say it it broken.

Plus one in the middle who says it happens every few games but it doesn't bother him too much.

That sir, is a majority.
I disagree, if you know what your doing you can easily dominate the runners. I've had many a game where other players would have 10~ kills and I beat them with 3 total kills. Kill streaks are amazing for getting points.
__________________
Currently working on: Devil May Cry 4, Record of Agarest War,
Record of Agarest War: Zero, Bangai-O HD: Missle Fury
Proudest 100%'s: Hexic HD, Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy XIII, Resonence of Fate
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #51
Lord Arkhan
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 399

lord arkhan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoosMakhina View Post
My mistake on the 4 that say it's problem, I hadn't exactly gone back through the thread to doublecheck and thus had forgotten the 1 that had posted once on the first page whom hasn't been involved in the conversation. Equally, it's now only 4 with you included: you, bbss (who acknowledged that he isn't exactly that experienced in order to make a good judgement), Skillet and Quid Squid.

More than 2 say that the scoring is fine. Myself, Verifyed Rasta, cjdavies, ViNyLek, Scnew so it would appear your maths is as bad as mine.

3 people to 5. That sir, is not a majority.
I missed Verified Rastsa. cjdavies has never played this game, he is getting it for Christmas and while he has said that he has played other AC games I have found that the multiplayer has moved to more rush type players than actually taking the time for the good bonuses. ViNyLek clearly stated that he has games all the time(I believe it was 1 in 5) that he gets beaten by rushers but he moves past it. This neither a good or a bad thing so I didn't include him. Unless he comes back on and confirms either way.

So that is three that say rushers barely impact the game if at all.

Myself, Skillet, bbss, Quid Squid and SHawk996 all think that rushers can and do ruin the game for many other people on a reliable basis.

Your numbers are right(unless I missed someone else) but they are in the wrong order.

As far as not saying that rushers don't impact you made it clear the with the score bonuses the way they are the only reason you should ever lose to rushers is because you didn't have a firm enough grasp of the game.

Everyone else who has argued the fact that with the scoring system it is possible to get many more kills than you and that the kill for the runners is not always 100 points. It depends on what they are doing while running after you such as jumping from a higher elevation to take you out. If you manage to get 4 kills at 600 that puts you at 2400 if they get 12 kills they can easily beat that score without trying very hard.
__________________
I'm not crazy. My reality just differs from yours in varying degrees of severity.

Last edited by Lord Arkhan; 11-21-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Lord Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #52
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arkhan View Post
Everyone else who has argued the fact that with the scoring system it is possible to get many more kills than you and that the kill for the runners is not always 100 points. It depends on what they are doing while running after you such as jumping from a higher elevation to take you out. If you manage to get 4 kills at 600 that puts you at 2400 if they get 12 kills they can easily beat that score without trying very hard.
Okay i'ma ignore everything else because that discussion was somewhat pointless and petty to focus on the bold bit:

That comparison of points for a rusher and someone who plays 'right' is all wrong in my opinion, because you don't just get points for kills, you get points for defending.

A rusher is not going to get a lot of defence points, because he is obvious. If you are being stealthy you are going to get defence points. Those defence points add up to more accolades which tends to result in yet more points from getting the varieties. 4 kills tends to work out at a minimum of 3000 points, but often above 4000.

A Lure and a Stun are worth a combined 300 points, that's 2 Reckless kills (not including other bonuses that are worth 50 points such as Poacher or Saved). A Hidden or Chase Breaker escape is worth 200 points I do believe (not too sure to be honest, I tend to stun pursuers).
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #53
Lavindathar
 
Lavindathar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 6,262
Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
I've always liked the mp.

But, what was the reward for the event. I'll play what I feel like unless there is a decent incentive.
__________________
302,882
305 completed games to 100%
90.39% completion percentage
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)


Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Killer BEA for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #54
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,151

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyubasterd00 View Post
I disagree, if you know what your doing you can easily dominate the runners. I've had many a game where other players would have 10~ kills and I beat them with 3 total kills. Kill streaks are amazing for getting points.
They are indeed, I spend the most time in a noob lobby getting stuns and ranking up the streak because they are running and revealing they are my purser.

All this talk about the MP, makes me want to go out and get the game and play the MP now. Must have patience and get it next month, but I do have Revelations and I have a 48 hour Gold card somewhere but want to make sure the server is ok to connect to the game first, not wasting a 48 hour card. Plus could do with the practice been a while, I think since May!
__________________

Last edited by cjdavies; 11-21-2012 at 07:57 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #55
BBowles
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 662

BBowles's Gamercard
I'd say the biggest factor in the lack of people playing MP is the game's timing. I spent the first week it was out playing the campaign, and then Halo 4 came out and I've been playing it since. The MP in AC3 is pretty fun, but it'll never compete with a MP titan like Halo (and now Blops2).

If they had released earlier, or even a month or so after these other major MP titles, they'd have much better mp success imo. Because of the release date, I literally just got around to firing up mp today, and I love AC multiplayer.
__________________
Gears 3
Seriously 3.0 - Completed 6/22/13

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #56
Syrette
 
Syrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 182

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Multiplayer is fine.

It just feels a bit awkward at first and there's a slight learning curve that pretty much demenads the player does the tutorials first.

Luckily for me I played plenty of the multiplayer on the previous game so the MP on this is nothing I'm struggling with.

Another vote for the MP being fine here.
__________________
Syrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #57
Rolks
 
Rolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 130

rolks's Gamercard
Maybe a little late, but I hate MP as well. I play it solely to get the Achievements.

And I'm actually good at MP. In Brotherhood, I won over 50% of my matches. In Revelations, it was a little trickier, but I still won 21% of my matches. I have not played MP in 3 yet, but I'm not concerned.

I got most of my points on defense because runners are idiots and easy to stun. Heck, I got that Revelations Achievement for 3 stuns without dying through normal game play. I didn't need to boost it. That said, runners still win way too much because they are constantly stealing my kills.

And nothing pisses me off more than my target being a runner or one of those idiots who loves to stay on rooftops. Because while I'm stuck having to chase after those fools but still find some way to get more than 100 points, I get nailed by the stealth guy with poison for like 1500 points.

I do agree that they should award far fewer points for the base kill and far more points for the stealth and other bonuses. There is no way 3 open kills should equal 1 incognito kill when the later takes a lot more art.

In sum, MP still sucks.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #58
Scnew
 
Scnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 164

scnew's Gamercard
Let's play a game some time. You constantly run, and I'll do what I do, and we'll see who wins.
Scnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #59
VerifyedRasta
 
VerifyedRasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tranquility Lane
Posts: 823

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scnew View Post
Let's play a game some time. You constantly run, and I'll do what I do, and we'll see who wins.
Quoted for truth!
__________________
"You know, if you have the aptitude, you should join the Mage's College in Winterhold."
*Has Aptitude. Joins Mage's college*
"You know, if you..."
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #60
Rolks
 
Rolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 130

rolks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scnew View Post
Let's play a game some time. You constantly run, and I'll do what I do, and we'll see who wins.
Nah, because I'd be closing in for the kill, then you'd pop out of the bushes screaming "Snootch to the motherf$%&in' nootch!" and I'd die laughing.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 AM.