PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The Official Bitching Thread

We all have issues that we need to voice, in just about any situation in life. Videogames are no different.

If you have a problem with the game and you would like to get it off your chest, feel free to use this thread instead of creating multiple threads on the forum.

I'll begin;

It's a brilliant game, but I can't escape that nagging feeling that I'm getting, telling me that Blood Money was superior.

I miss the OTT levels, and the plethora of situations you could use/create to accomplish your task. Absolution has a way of letting you feel that you have the world at your fingertips, but in reality, it's very restricted, as you always follow the same path, only in a different disguise.

The ranking system is also a little bit annoying. On BM, you could kill anyone for their disguise, and still get Silent Assassin. On Abso, you will have points deducted, which is an annoyance when you want a particular disguise. Obviously, most disguises are still found lying around places, but I can't find an Electricians uniform in "Terminus", for the life of me. Also, the disguises themselves are pretty much useless on Professional.
You can't use a disguise to fool a person in the same uniform. You have to hold RB to use Instinct, so that you blend in with the guards. All very well and good, only in Professional your instinct is basically useless.

The area of vision is astounding in this game. People can literally see the other way to what they are facing. I've had many situations go bad because a guard was looking out of the window, I quietly crossed the room and he caught me without even moving an inch.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,129

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Starting so early majestro, well let me be the second bitcher.

Don't like that:

- The levels/chapters are sometimes divided in several short parts, not as in all the other Hitman games I've played since 2000 where you simply have one big ass area per mission and can do whatever you wanna do.
- Dots/Arrows on the map (civilian, enemies etc.). I preferred the ones from the older games, the big circles with an arrow. Generally where the fuck is the MAP???
- Where the fuck is the NEWSPAPER FEATURE!? They made lots of commercial with that before the game came out and yet still nothing. LAME!

Will "maybe" find more...

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game, at least it's a new Hitman game and really fun too. Definitely to recommend.
__________________

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)


Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 11-18-2012 at 06:28 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
asdfen
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: mother Russia
Posts: 625
I could bitch. I do however want to say first that I love this game.

- rating system is bonkers.(story missions) Why is Silent Assassin rating is not for every individual level but instead some numbered score that you have to reach?
- vertical detection is horrid. there is a level with spiral staircase a lot of funky uncool stuff can happen on it as well as below it, luckily there is only one vertical level more or less
- purist difficulty. I think they overdid it a lil. I like a challenge but I do not want to sneak around an army of superman batman and other fictional heroes that spot me while I am wearing disguise from across the map. true story.
- some levels feel like corridors
- challenges. a lot of them are not silent assassin like in the slightest.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
tunaleg
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 450

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I'd like to bitch about you people bitching about a game that's not even released yet that I've been looking forward to for years
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I love the game, and have been looking forward to it for a long, long time. The game is out on the 20th, but I got mine from ShopTo, so it's released for everyone who ordered it from there, at least.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,129

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
I'd like to bitch about you people bitching about a game that's not even released yet that I've been looking forward to for years
We all love you too but Callum started it.
__________________

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
InsertCoffee
 
InsertCoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
I'd like to bitch about you people bitching about a game that's not even released yet
^ this

I had to cut out the part with the years waiting, because I wasn't interested in it until a few weeks ago....Just didn't appeal to me back then...But the point still counts!
__________________
Bravery is not a function of firepower

InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCoffee View Post
^ this

I had to cut out the part with the years waiting, because I wasn't interested in it until a few weeks ago....Just didn't appeal to me back then...But the point still counts!
The point doesn't really count, because as I said, it has been sent out early to all ShopTo customers in England, and people from other countries have it through their own stores. When people are playing a game, they are allowed to bitch about it. Why should we hold our opinions until the rest of the world is playing it?
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
InsertCoffee
 
InsertCoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
When you are playing it, you can bitch about it all you want, since...well you have something to bitch about. So on the other hand we (I dare to speak for others as well) are allowed to bitch about you bitching about a game long before the official release.

And that is why I disagree with your point about the game being released. Just because the shops have sent out the copies of the game, doesn't mean the release date got changed. It's still tuesday. I as a person find it very "nice" of shops to give out games a few days earlier (although it is sometimes ridiculous). On the other hand as a law student I also see the bad thing in this particular business decision, but that is completely irrelevant.

The point I'm trying to make is that although I hold no grudge against you playing and bitching about the game (maybe a slight trace of jealousy), I don't think you can justify it by saying "it's released, because we have it". Because a "release" is the official day of...well...release and not the point when people get it.

No, you don't have to wait to share your opinions till all the others have it. Quite the opposite: You are welcome to share your opinions on it. But holding on to this right means granting others the right to bitch about you bitching "early" imo.


PS: Dear Father and Mother of the english grammar...I'm sorry...I'm not sure, but I may or may not have killed your kid...Sorry for that...But I tried four different approaches to write that middle part...I'm not rewriting it again. It's late...
__________________
Bravery is not a function of firepower


Last edited by InsertCoffee; 11-18-2012 at 08:37 PM.
InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
ponypo2001
 
ponypo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wolverhampton,UK
Posts: 2,602

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCoffee View Post
When you are playing it, you can bitch about it all you want, since...well you have something to bitch about. So on the other hand we (I dare to speak for others as well) are allowed to bitch about you bitching about a game long before the official release.

And that is why I disagree with your point about the game being released. Just because the shops have sent out the copies of the game, doesn't mean the release date got changed. It's still tuesday. I as a person find it very "nice" of shops to give out games a few days earlier (although it is sometimes ridiculous). But I as a law student see also the bad thing in this particular business decision.

The point I'm trying to make is that although I hold no grudge against you playing and bitching about the game (maybe a slight trace of jealousy), I don't think you can justify it by saying "it's released, because we have it". Because a "release" is the official day of...well...release and not the point when people get it.

No, you don't have to wait to share your opinions till all the others have it. Quite the opposite: You are welcome to share your opinions on it. But holding on to this right means granting others the right to bitch about you bitching "early" imo.


PS: Dear Father and Mother of the english grammar...I'm sorry...I'm not sure, but I may or may not have killed your kid...Sorry for that...But I tried four different approaches to write that middle part...I'm not rewriting it again. It's late...
Just one thing to point out sir. This is a thread for bitching about the game, not people who got it early because their preorder was shipped to them early. Just clearing that up for ya.

My two gripes are as above. The enemy line of sight is ridiculous. Also, deducting points for knocking someone out for a disguise, completely pisses me off.

I also find I am loading checkpoints (aka starting the whole mission over cause the checkpoints suck balls) every 2 minutes whilst trying to learn the levels. This get's old real fast.

Aside from those issues, I'm enjoying it.
__________________





ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
tunaleg
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 450

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
The point doesn't really count, because as I said, it has been sent out early to all ShopTo customers in England, and people from other countries have it through their own stores. When people are playing a game, they are allowed to bitch about it. Why should we hold our opinions until the rest of the world is playing it?
The point is that you and some others got the game EARLY. The rest of us have to wait for the 20th which is the official release date. So if you're gonna get the game early and then bitch about it, I'm gonna bitch about that!

Last edited by tunaleg; 11-18-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: .
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
InsertCoffee
 
InsertCoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
@ponypo2001
Yes I know that.

And I have no intention of making a huge deal out of it or starting a big discussion...I just reacted to what Callum said, that is all.

But you're right, it has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread and I apologize for the (kind of) off-topic.
__________________
Bravery is not a function of firepower

InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So, because we got the game early, we have to make ourselves believe that nothing at all is wrong with it, because of that fact? That's completely absurd.

I, like everyone else who has issues with it, think it is an amazing game, but nothing is perfect. There are issues, and we are expressing our disappointment with those issues. We are entitled to do so. If you have a problem with it, then stay out of the damn thread. It's not a thread for you right now, and it's certainly not a thread to bitch about the gamers playing the game, so back the hell up.

I didn't say that a game is released for everyone because we got it early, I said the game is released for myself and everyone else who got it early, as we no longer have to wait until the 20th to play it.

You would have no qualms if we just showered praise about it all over the forums, though, would you? Believe me, there is so much about this game that is fantastic, and I really enjoy the game, as I do every Hitman game (being a huge fan of the series). I'm just not a blind fan, who can't see what's wrong with their beloved title.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #14
InsertCoffee
 
InsertCoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
I never said you can't complain about it. As a matter of fact I said the opposite: You have every right to criticize it, because you have a source for your critics.
And yes: I have qualms with all the other "not quite official" stuff about it on the internet as well, thats why I only look at thread titles or refuse to watch certain stuff. The only reason I came in here, was to see if some of the things I read about are recurring things or just subjective ones.

I never intended to offend you or anyone else posting here or playing the game already. I'm, honest to whatever deity you believe in, happy for you. I'm cool with that. I still think that I have a right to post my discontent (which was initially meant to be humorous...but i suppose that went a bit sideways) with the fact that I don't have the game yet. That is imo game-related and has therefore a place in here. Might have been wrong about that.
__________________
Bravery is not a function of firepower

InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I apologise, I didn't mean to start any arguments with posting this thread. Every game is given one to avoid clutter. The only problem I had was that it seemed like we were being attacked for our opinions.

A bitching thread should not be used to bitch about the people that are bitching. If you just said you hated that you didn't have the game, then that would have been fine, and very justified. It was just the "bitch about the people bitching" part that I had an issue with.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
tunaleg
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 450

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
It was just the "bitch about the people bitching" part that I had an issue with.
It was meant as a joke. You took it way too seriously.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
The point is that you and some others got the game EARLY. The rest of us have to wait for the 20th which is the official release date. So if you're gonna get the game early and then bitch about it, I'm gonna bitch about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
It was meant as a joke. You took it way too seriously.
Was it really?
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
tunaleg
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 450

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Yeah. Next time I'll add so you know.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #19
davhuit
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 289

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
I'd like to bitch about you people bitching about a game that's not even released yet that I've been looking forward to for years
Got it from Amazon personally.

I have nothing more to say than the first post, the big flaw for me about this game is the "Blood Money-like" missions, I only found 5 of them for now (and of the 5 I found, two are in the same place, Chinatown).

Another other flaw is the area of vision of the ennemies, which force you to use the RB button to hide yourself the whole time.

And another bad thing in my opinion are the music, they changed the composer and it's clearly visible.

"Blood Money" is still the best hitman game for me, though "Absolution" is not a bad game. I can't even count how many times I did the missions "A new life" in "Blood Money" and it's sad, but I'm sure I won't do more than a few times some missions in "Absolution" :/

I'm hoping for some DLCs, which would include "Blood Money-like" missons (with new locations) and more or less save the game for hardcore fans. If the game developpers are reading this (which is pretty impossible ), I'm even okay to pay 400 points for each new mission
__________________

Last edited by davhuit; 11-19-2012 at 02:47 AM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,130

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
As I've had to start again because my fucking save was deleted, I've noticed a problem in the first mission.

I think they only have 2 voice actors in the mission, as they sound the same. I didn't realise I was playing Oblivion.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,129

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I hate the fucking STATISTICS screen in this game:

Why would they start with stuff like

Time Spent In Firefights
Damage Taken (Also note the number --> 28938.19 WTF)
Health Replenished (2174.31)
...

Like I give a fuck how much damage I took, come on really! Also why do I have to scroll all the way down and see HOW LONG I PLAYED THE GAME, that should be on the top, fucking fail.
__________________

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Despite all this bitching from you bitches I can't wait to play the game.

Little worried about the save being deleted though.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,129

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Despite all this bitching from you bitches I can't wait to play the game.

Little worried about the save being deleted though.
Shut up biatch, you will see for yourself once you played it. Double

And don't worry about your save-file. Mine is fine and so will yours. Holla!

HITMAN BLOODMONEY is still the king!
__________________

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
HITMAN BLOODMONEY is still the king!

I tried to play that on my console but I got some message about my TV resolution not supporting the game wtf? I had to give it back. This was years ago mind.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 8,253

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I tried to play that on my console but I got some message about my TV resolution not supporting the game wtf? I had to give it back. This was years ago mind.
Still don't understand why us PAL guys had the 360 settings set to 50Hz and not 60Hz right out of the box.

My bitching for this? None, so far. Well, apart from attempting the prologue for well over an hour, thinking everything had to be perfect, only to realise I can screw around and pass it without any worries.

Was fun though. Frustrating getting caught doing the same thing for the upteenth time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,532
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Still don't understand why us PAL guys had the 360 settings set to 50Hz and not 60Hz right out of the box.

YES that was that was the problem and if I remember there was nothing I could do about it at the time the setting were blocked or something.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
Silverbolt00
 
Silverbolt00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK - Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 109

Fraser00's Gamercard
I just got my copy today and so far it's a lot of fun but why, Oh WHY, did they scrap the manual save feature!? The checkpoint system is total load of balls and i feel that in a game like this it's almost essential! Yes you can just reload you're checkpoint "When" you balls things up (And you will balls things up at some point) but in any other Hitman game i could save where i want, go off and mess around to see what shenanigans i could get up to then just reload my save and be on my way with the mission. Here, with the ranking system and checkpoints, the open feeling is just gone and sadly it's a bit of an empty void left unfilled.
__________________
Silverbolt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
Nozza XBA
 
Nozza XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Glade of Dreams
Posts: 8,845

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Only thing I don't get and has been pointed out is the minus points for SUBDUING an innocent.

Seriously. I haven't killed him, I've simply knocked him out, so why take points from me? Bearing in mind it is only -125 and if you hide the body you get those points back, but still!

Other than that, I'm happy with the game.
__________________


Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
AmbaLaBamba
 
AmbaLaBamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,110

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Got my copy today from LoveFilm and I have to say that I'm enjoying it BUT the checkpoint system is just annoying me, I don't think I've actually used one in a while as I can't spot them.

Also having points deducted for silly little things too, that's something else that is getting to me at the moment.

However, I was surprised to see that the online pass is free to download. So I'm not going to be bitching about that like I do with some other games
__________________
Had fun on the 360, but it's time to move on.
PS4, I choose you.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #30
KriugerisLT
 
KriugerisLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 1,276

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Two complaints.

1) Not enough "Hitman" levels. Hated the linear levels where you just travel and NOT assassinate anyone. Chinatown (both levels), Science facility and Streets of Hope were probably my favorite areas, because they had more freedom. Especially "Streets of Hope".

2) Disguises are worthless. You get spotted immediately by the same profession, which is bullshit. Especially when you're wearing a masked disguise and there is no way for them to know if you're a disguised 47.

That's about it. Everything else IMO is good. Graphics are gorgeous, especially in major areas like Streets of Hope or Chinese New Year Chinatown.
__________________
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:07 PM.