PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #31
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Is it just me, or is the Rosewood mission a complete pain in the ass? No matter how many times I try and just can not get passed the guys that are in that lab room, there really is just too many. Deary me, not impressed right now haha!

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #32
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Is it just me, or is the Rosewood mission a complete pain in the ass? No matter how many times I try and just can not get passed the guys that are in that lab room, there really is just too many. Deary me, not impressed right now haha!
The lab is a real pain in the arse. I eventually managed it by following the path exactly as this video;

Watch from about 8 minutes onwards.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #33
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Generally where the fuck is the MAP???
This is what i really miss in this game!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #34
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
I'm actually finding the game not really interesting since I finished Lenny's mission, I'm still playing because I hope to find some real assassinations missions but right now, I'm at "Fight Scene" and still no new good levels :/
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #35
SkaKid25

GDLWSK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The servers are really taking a dump right now. Odd, I bet a lot of people are playing but not even single person on my friendslist is so... it wouldn't be able to handle even more players I guess

SkaKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #36
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaKid25 View Post
The servers are really taking a dump right now. Odd, I bet a lot of people are playing but not even single person on my friendslist is so... it wouldn't be able to handle even more players I guess
Yeah really sucks, after I speedrun the new BL2 DLC I wanted to go back to do some more Contracts and now this, what the hell they been doing!?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #37
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
It seems abnormally long.

I know it's for replayability, but seriously, playing on Hard with a little Trial & Error will take at least like 20 hours.

Just spent 1h40m on Mission 5.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #38
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
What the fuck is he doing and then SILENT ASSASSIN award, seriously, way too funny:

Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
not as in all the other Hitman games I've played since 2000 where you simply have one big ass area per mission and can do whatever you wanna do.
Aww man, I loved the big areas /:

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DxxxRules View Post
Aww man, I loved the big areas /:
Same.

There are a good few levels (5) but after Lenny's, that's pretty "Splinter Cell Conviction-like", and it's because of the story (the other hitman games didn't really have a story the player care about, so they could put whatever missions/location they wanted)

I hope they release some standalone missions in DLC.

I think "Square-Enix" got too much influence on the game (make a big "AAA" title with a "big" story then it fucked up most of the missions).
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #41
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
It seems abnormally long.

I know it's for replayability, but seriously, playing on Hard with a little Trial & Error will take at least like 20 hours.

Just spent 1h40m on Mission 5.
I thought this too. I mean, I enjoy how long it's taking to complete, but sometimes you do find that you're making it longer by replaying the same bit over and over again. I actually thought I was close to the end when I was playing the Hunter and Hunted mission. That's only mission 5!

EDIT: I've found a big problem. The Suit Only challenge. Each mission has sub-levels that you need to go through without wearing a disguise. The problem is, you can't just reload a level at a sub-level that you need to complete, as the game automatically puts you in to a disguise. It's ridiculous.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-21-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #42
InsertCoffee

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
So this time for real...

The first thing that annoyed me was that they have german voice actors in it...It's just a personal thing, but when I'm able to understand the original language I prefer it that way. I mean I get it why they did it, but still...at least its a good average quality...

The lack of a map is annoying as hell. At least one in the beginning or some kind of stationary map inside the levels or a collectible map would be enough...

I don't know what I think of the new stealth in this game...I like it so far, even the disguises are difficult to use (i wouldn't call them useless). But I have a hard time adapting to it. Since I refuse to reduce my difficulty I have a lot of "stressful" moments^^. And sometimes it's just plain BS...First he is high as fuck, not getting what his mate is telling him and then he gets suspicious when I grab a fuse of the table while in cover...

Last but not least I want to bitch about the Checkpoint system...At least let me use them twice or show them on the radar...I tried the first section of the level with the strip club at least 10 times before I realized there was a checkpoint.

I still like it a lot...and I even like the story so far (I'm at the orphanage), which was a concern of myself after most reviewers I read bitched about it. It's like every other Hitman-story a good B-Movie. Never expected more...

PS: I miss Silencers...

EDIT: Fuck that lab in rosewood and the fuse in the big room near the elevator...

Last edited by InsertCoffee; 11-21-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Because fuck them!
InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #43
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCoffee View Post
EDIT: Fuck that lab in rosewood and the fuse in the big room near the elevator...
If you're stuck on that part, I posted a video towards the top of this page. That level is a fucking pain on Professional, which I'm assuming you're playing on?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #44
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Instead of posting what I do like I will post what I absolutely don't like.
  • No Map.
  • Can't take whatever weapons you want on whatever mission you want.
  • Levels are no longer one big open area.
  • Disguise are pointless, the fact you have to use instinct to fool someone is even worse. You will miss out in certain parts of a level because you didn't have enough instinct to fool the guards or whatever. In the other game if you played on highest difficulty they would still become suspicious of you but as long as you walk away they wouldn't. I miss just being able to wear a disguise and walk around, explore whatever..
  • If someone spots you and you don't have instinct you have to find a place to blend in just to get rid of them.
  • I will also mention again the fact you can't choose what weapons you wanna take on what mission. They took so many things out of Hitman or cut them down it sucks.
  • Oh yes and all the damn little white dots on the HUD. I literally just figured out the bright ones are on your level the ones faded out are on the other level below you or above. I can hardly tell how close someone is so again wheres the damn map.
  • No Newspaper?

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 11-21-2012 at 09:07 PM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #45
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
I HATE the fact that I can't complete this POS due to the pitcher playstyle just not unlocking.

ponypo2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #46
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
  • No Map.
  • Disguise are pointless, the fact you have to use instinct to fool someone is even worse. You will miss out in certain parts of a level because you didn't have enough instinct to fool the guards or whatever. In the other game if you played on highest difficulty they would still become suspicious of you but as long as you walk away they wouldn't. I miss just being able to wear a disguise and walk around, explore whatever..
  • If someone spots you and you don't have instinct you have to find a place to blend in just to get rid of them.
  • I will also mention again the fact you can't choose what weapons you wanna take on what mission. They took so many things out of Hitman or cut them down it sucks.
  • Oh yes and all the damn little white dots on the HUD. I literally just figured out the bright ones are on your level the ones faded out are on the other level below you or above. I can hardly tell how close someone is so again wheres the damn map.
  • No Newspaper?
Thank you sir, I can't agree more!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #47
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
  • No Map.
  • No Newspaper?

Damn right, dude!
I agree with you.
Can you read minds? ^^

Last edited by TaiCoon; 11-21-2012 at 10:50 PM.
TaiCoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #48
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
I don't like how the that King of Chinatown mission makes us old Hitman players feel like OH EVERYONE WAS WRONG IT'S HITMAN YAYYYY and then they pull the rug out from you and you are running from the cops for the next 3 hours or so

I don't know what they were doing if they wanted to make it appeal to more people they should have just made it another action movie/3rd person shooter with really limited stealth

instead it's kind of a mess

what's with saying every chapter is "Part 1" that makes no sense to me because in some cases I don't see how there could ever be a part 2
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #49
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I suppose I should vent my annoyances. I'm playing on PC but I'm pretty sure my problems are on consoles too, and yes, in case anyone asks, I'm playing on "Purist Mode".

Disguises are useless/Detection conditions are unreasonable: Being detected by someone 10-15 ft away from you is just plain silly, moreso when you're disguised as a copper. Are you trying to tell me that every single copper in Chicago knows one another? I don't think so. This seems more reasonable with thugs, but what about when you've got a mask on? Surely they shouldn't be able to instantly detect you when they can't even see your face?

Amount of enemies is unreasonable: Like has already been mentioned about the Rosewood segment, there is a completely ridiculous amount of enemies in some portions of the game, and quite often their movement paths are so minimal you have no window whatsoever to make your move. Sometimes it can make it impossible to reach your destination without being detected, or using "Instinct" which is completely useless on harder difficulties as it lasts about five seconds. You end up spending far too much time simply waiting for someone to get out of your way, only to realise they're not going anywhere.

LOL I'M HIDING MY FACE: Why is this part of Instinct? Why is it so cartoony? Why should I have to hold down control for something that should be automatic? Why can I only do it for a few seconds? I've literally only found this to be useful twice throughout the entire game, so why have it at all?

Overemphasis on sneaking: I'll be brief. It feels like I'm playing Splinter Cell, not Hitman. I've spent more time in cover than I have killing people.

Pendatry.

• Graphics aren't as good as they could have been.
• Too much A to B crap, not enough hits.
• Random absences of textures.
• Randomly being seen through walls.

There's some stuff I can't comment on because they're only present in the lower difficulties, like the checkpoint system. Well, it's not there in Purist Mode, you only get a checkpoint when you cross into another area. Strangely, I actually like this, it makes the gme feel more challenging, but can still be a nightmare when you're punched in the face by that oh-so-common artificial difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveT View Post
what's with saying every chapter is "Part 1" that makes no sense to me because in some cases I don't see how there could ever be a part 2
The next parts of the chapters are actually when you cross into a new area. For example on the "Run For Your Life" chapter:

Part 1: The Burning Hotel
Part 2: The Library
Part 3: Shangri La
Part 4: The Train Station

I can understand how this can be confusing as when you start a new part, it doesn't say it's a new part. You get a short cutscene and nothing more. It could have been implemented a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.

Last edited by Gorilla Stomper; 11-22-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #50
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I hate how you have so many awesome ways of killing people but get points taking off for doing it. Civilian kills I understand, but when you only have select missions with an actual target it gets frustrating. Kind of like Dishonored but instead of making you feel bad they give you a huge negative score.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #51
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

I hate the save system.

You have 1 save and its automatic.

I was getting all the challenges in some missions I had already completed and the game froze midsave when traveling from one area to the next.

And now everything I had done in the game is gone.

SpinelesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #52
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
For those bitching about the map;

47 went rouge from the Agency. Without the ICA providing him with intel, how is he obtaining said maps? Think about it.

Last edited by Selections; 11-23-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #53
InsertCoffee

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveT View Post
The "parts" are story related, not mission related. If I recall correctly the second part begins with the ninth level or around that.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #54
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

About the disguise-uselessness complains... I've figured out why enemies can identify you even when you're wearing a masked disguise: Because 47 never wears the bloody mask. If you put on a disguise that comes with a mask, he leaves it off. Yay! That explains EVERYTHING! Except, of course, how 47 was brain-damaged enough to make such spectacularly bad decisions.

I can see how masked disguises would screw with their new 'disguises can't deceive those wearing the same thing' system, but this solution just raises more questions. What they SHOULD have done was to make two different 'tiers' of disguises - normal ones work like they do now, and 'masked' disguises work like they did in previous games. Problem solved!

To be fair, they might just be leaving the mask off so they can keep showing off 47's rugged facial features. I mean, they went to such great lengths to animate his enormously varied array of expressions...

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections View Post
For those bitching about the map;

47 went rouge from the Agency. Without the ICA providing him with intel, how is he obtaining said maps? Think about it.
From IO INTERACTIVE!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #56
InsertCoffee

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
To be fair, they might just be leaving the mask off so they can keep showing off 47's rugged facial features. I mean, they went to such great lengths to animate his enormously varied array of expressions...
Since we're on the topic of realistic explanations...Maybe he doesn't want to wear a mask of a stranger he just sent into the land of dreams/death. I mean he doesn't know how long the guy was wearing the mask. So yeah, i wouldn't wear them if i were him...

Old 11-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #57
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
From IO INTERACTIVE!
Ha!
I thought about other ways. I haven't finished the game yet, upto the bit with Lenney's crew and the barber shop. Watched the dev's play it so I have a rough idea. Anyway...

I thought about Birdie kinda like sms'ing you details on your phone. But that wouldn't work.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Or maybe you draw your own map the more you explore. Kinda like an Assassins Creed style where balconies give you a further FoV and expand your map further than regular street view.

Take notes IO, A "perfect" Hitman game still needs to be made...
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #58
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCoffee View Post
Since we're on the topic of realistic explanations...Maybe he doesn't want to wear a mask of a stranger he just sent into the land of dreams/death. I mean he doesn't know how long the guy was wearing the mask. So yeah, i wouldn't wear them if i were him...
And yet, he has no problem wearing their pants... >_>

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #59
xMr.Northx

xMrNorthx's Gamercard
link gamertag
xMr.Northx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
About the disguise-uselessness complains... I've figured out why enemies can identify you even when you're wearing a masked disguise: Because 47 never wears the bloody mask. If you put on a disguise that comes with a mask, he leaves it off. Yay! That explains EVERYTHING! Except, of course, how 47 was brain-damaged enough to make such spectacularly bad decisions.

I can see how masked disguises would screw with their new 'disguises can't deceive those wearing the same thing' system, but this solution just raises more questions. What they SHOULD have done was to make two different 'tiers' of disguises - normal ones work like they do now, and 'masked' disguises work like they did in previous games. Problem solved!

Oh, you can wear masks, but there's only about two in the entire game that you can wear. One being the chipmunk suit in Chinatown, the other being a hockey mask that most of the thugs wear in Rosewood.

Considering how useless they are they might as well not be wearable at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote