PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Spliffmeister

Mexicutioner07's Gamercard
Do some all pivot points prevent achievements?

I was trying to do the Encyclopedia of the Common Man earlier and actually completed it. The miner was giving me a tough time so I activated the Sun and Moon hack. It allows saves so I assumed it would allow achievements yet I did not get the achievement upon completing the last scan of the miner. Also in the logbook, then woodworker's entry says its completed but it says its only 2/3 scans. Did I just screw myself over? Or is it a glitch? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Spliffmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
Yes several if not all prevent both saving and achievement credit. The woodworker 2/3 thing is a glitch due to be fixed in the upcoming patch
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
GolfPro72

GolfPro72's Gamercard
All of the pivot hacks prevent achievements, as no information at all is saved from the point you activate the hack.
GolfPro72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Keep in mind that the woodworker 2/3-glitch is also just a "screen-glitch" which means as long as you have the entry in the logbook it does count towards the achievement. I had the same problem but the achievement unlocked without a problem after successfully scanning everybody.

I also can confirm that using a pivot hack will prvent you from obtaining any achievements.

100% Retail Games incl. all DLC:
GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
ffm.piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
What do you need to do to activate a pivot because I don't want to ruin any chances of achievements. I see pivots and I remember collecting it and I was messing about and placed one. Have I ruined my chance to get achievements?
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
You have to go in to the options menu to activate collected pivots, they are naturally off by default
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13435-Give-Thanks-for-the-Assassin-s-Creed-III--Thanksgiving-Patch-.html

that all need to be said.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
GamingDude

Skuller 1O1's Gamercard
the hacks that affect the weather, season and time of day do not affect achievements
also check the lumberer or farmers entries because those have been known to glitch for people
GamingDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
Spliffmeister

That's the hack I was using. It kept the time of day to Daytime. So I can have Norris stay out and work. *sigh* oh well. Now I just got to hope the update unlocks the achievement for me. Otherwise I'll have to wait until my next playthrough to get this one.
So you're sure the weather/time of day hacks don't affect achievements?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
GamingDude

Skuller 1O1's Gamercard
yes i am sure, i unlocked the pivot achievement right after i finished the game. Then i proceeded to finish up the rest of the achievements i needed encyclopedia included with the time of day set to daytime, clear skies and summer all the time
GamingDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
Spliffmeister

Cool. Thanks. Crossing my fingers now.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
Hmmm, well I guess I must have been wrong with my statement, sorry if I might have caused any trouble with this.

I got my information from the Piggybank Guide. The guide says clearly that using any pivot hack will prevent you from being able to obtain achievements. But on the other hand the guide could also be wrong, as it's often the case with Piggybank Guides ...

GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
Spliffmeister

So the update came out. And the Woodworker glitch thing was fixed but I did not get the achievement. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait til my next playthrough. *sigh* I hate leaving a game incomplete when I'm so close.
If there's some sort of trick to get it unlocked please let me know.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
@spliffmeister
How about trying to turn off the hack and then scanning again everybody that you have scanned with the activated pivot hack?

I know, GamingDude said that for him the achievement unlocked when using the hack, but as I said before the official game guide says otherwise ... So who knows ...

Maybe it's worth a try before you decide to start over again ...

Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
MartyMcFal

MartyMcFal's Gamercard
No point in using the hack, just load sequence 6 memory 1 and skip the cutscene, once it starts quit back to your normal session and it will be daylight again.
MartyMcFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
Darksamurai42

Darksamurai42's Gamercard
I say No

I had the "Thunder kill" hack activated, then I got the achievement for blocking the line of fire 5 times. maybe the hack I use did not amp my charters ability's and that's why the achievement unlocked.
Darksamurai42 is offline   Reply With Quote