PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Play Styles

I am only missing two more for the achievement although I feel I need to get further on to get the last one I need. The one that is giving me trouble seems to be 'Bank Robber' which has something to do with Human Shields. Has anyone unlocked this one and by what means did you do so?

I'm happy to help anyone who needs a hand as well.
A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
asdfen

I have like 6 more not unlocked and I've played this game a lot
but probably just need to take a lot of hostages on a single level or maybe head shots with every bullet in the gun or something
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
I am only missing two more for the achievement although I feel I need to get further on to get the last one I need. The one that is giving me trouble seems to be 'Bank Robber' which has something to do with Human Shields. Has anyone unlocked this one and by what means did you do so?

I'm happy to help anyone who needs a hand as well.
Since you already start a thread with the title PLAY STYLES, why don't we post all the requirements/infos for each one to help other people out.

I'm also missing a few, well here we go for starters, I miss the red ones:

Needle Pumper
Undertaker
Piano Man
Reaper Man
Sandman
Dynasty Warrior
Dynamite Harry
Gunslinger
Bartender
Champion
Berserker
Brutus
Viking
Tank
Pitcher
Spook
Jinx
Maestro
Glass Cannon
Bank Robber

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 11-19-2012 at 11:20 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Since you already start a thread with the title PLAY STYLES, why don't we post all the requirements/infos for each one to help other people out.

I'm also missing a few, well here we go for starters, I miss the red ones:

Needle Pumper
Undertaker
Piano Man
Reaper Man
Sandman
Dynasty Warrior
Dynamite Harry
Gunslinger
Bartender

Champion
Berserker
Brutus
Viking
Tank
Pitcher
Spook

Jinx
Maestro
Glass Cannon
Bank Robber
Do you have info on what you did to get the ones you have?
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
Do you have info on what you did to get the ones you have?
I'm sorry, not so sure but I assume you simply have to GRIND SOME KILLS to earn them for example:

Needle Pumper = Kill so and so much people with a syringe.
Sandman = Subdue so and so much people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, can't really say since they popped during the game. We need a proper source for this or the official guide if there is any.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Pitcher is kills with thrown weapon, I got it going for the screw driver kills in terminus
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks View Post
Pitcher is kills with thrown weapon, I got it going for the screw driver kills in terminus
Thanks for that. I recently unlocked Piano Man & Needle Pumper and I check the statistics (WHICH SUCKS BADLY IN THIS GAME) and I had 59 Fibre Wire Kills, hmmmm. I stopped immediately killing someone with a Fibre Wire as soon as I got the info.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
As for Bank Robber, I've taken so many hostages, enemies/civilians, got kills with it, let the enemies kill the shield etc., I'm stumped :/

As for the list:

Can be done on Easy difficulty and most likely have to be done during a mission separately.

Needle Pumper - Conduct stealth kills with syringe.
Undertaker - Hiding pacified bodies in body dumps.
Piano Man - Commit fibre-wire kills
Reaper Man - Accrue kills from point-shooting
Sandman - Commit choke-holds
Dynasty Warrior - Commit kills with the katana.
Dynamite Harry - Commit kills with remote explosives
Gunslinger - Commit kills with a revolver.
Bartender - Commit kills with drink bottles.
Champion - Commit kills with bare-handed combat.
Berserker - Commit kills with the fire axe.
Brutus - Stealth kill with a knife.
Viking - Commit kills with wood clubs (golf clubs)
Tank - Have 47 take damage from enemy attacks.
Pitcher - Commit sharp object throw-kills.
Spook - Eliminate enemies with a silenced handgun.
Jinx - Commit kills via accidental means.
Maestro - Commit kills with a sniper rifle
Glass Cannon - Commit kills with a shotgun
Bank Robber - Take hostages and get them killed by enemies.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
As for Bank Robber, I've taken so many hostages, enemies/civilians, got kills with it, let the enemies kill the shield etc., I'm stumped :/

As for the list:

Can be done on Easy difficulty and most likely have to be done during a mission separately.
Yeah same here, still need to unlock Bank Robber too, strange. Big thank you for clearing up that you can do this on EASY difficulty. I did mine all on Normal cause I wasn't sure (challenges etc.).

I only have two left, Pitcher & Bank Robber. This kinda sucks that they don't tell you how many you got so far.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Metalclear

metalclear1982's Gamercard
Thanks for the info

Just for let u guys know:

Dynamite harry can also be obtained using proximity mines
Undertaker: can be dead bodies too, not just pacified ones
Brutus: as long as u use a knife, doesnt matter if theyre stealth or not
Viking: baseball bat works too
Maestro: not 100% sure, but think they must be headshots too

Last edited by Metalclear; 11-20-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Metalclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Healtti

Healtti's Gamercard
How did you guys unlock the Spook play style? I killed everyone on the gun store level with silenced silverballers, but no luck.

I also tried sneaking around some levels and stealthily killing people with the silenced pistols but no dice. Can someone help?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Mine unlocked while I was assassinating people (walking up behind them with the Silverballers and putting two in their back). Give that a try, it should work.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healtti View Post
How did you guys unlock the Spook play style? I killed everyone on the gun store level with silenced silverballers, but no luck.

I also tried sneaking around some levels and stealthily killing people with the silenced pistols but no dice. Can someone help?
This...

Quote:
Mine unlocked while I was assassinating people (walking up behind them with the Silverballers and putting two in their back). Give that a try, it should work.
It should say ELIMINATE once you are close enough, simply press .
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
All I need now is Bank Robber, absolutely mystified.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
It should be related to "Human Shield" the description CLEARLY says so. Try nabbing a civilian in Streets of Hope and killings cops, maybe even the targets.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Wanna make if fast, go to the KING OF CHINATOWN level, grab any civilian, knock 'em out with . Rinse and repeat until you got it done.

I know it's so simple but the description was totally misleading. All you have to do is that and you are good to go. Well at least that's how I obtained it.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Mother of god...

I have been reading some of the challenges and play styles of two guides and they are so misleading. So frustrating. Why publish something if it's partially falsified and not factual is beyond me. Oh well.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

How the feck do you unlock "Maestro"? I've been shooting a bunch of enemies/civilians in the head with Silverballers and sniper rifles and it doesn't unlock. Tried shooting 2 people 2 headshots with 1 bullet, tried not missing a single shot from a full magazine. Still nothing.

My last Play Style that's left :/
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
asdfen

I've just confirmed Maestro. Have to expand the whole sniper rifle clip executing head shots(do not manually reload!). Mission 10 is perfect place for this
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfen View Post
I've just confirmed Maestro. Have to expand the whole sniper rifle clip executing head shots(do not manually reload!). Mission 10 is perfect place for this
It worked. Thanks. You have to shoot the guards or targets only, shooting civilians in the head won't help you, since they do not count for headshots.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #21
Healtti

Healtti's Gamercard
Quote:
Went thru the game on pro, did over 100 challenges and got all evidence -- yet didn't even realise that sort of a CQC execution was possible. Oh well.
Thanks a lot! Got my JoaT achievement with your help. And to Just Blaze too, for clearing up the Bank Robber play style.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #22
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
I only need Pitch and Spook but I've been trying for over 4 hours and they just won't unlock!! For Pitch I've actually cleared out the whole of Terminus hotel using nothing but a screwdriver! (throw) and then killed about 50 people by throwing knives in King of China town mixed in with some axe throws and nada...

Spook is the same, I've tried sneaking up on people and doing the special move with my pistols but it won't work, done a few runs of Terminus just blasting people but it's not working! I'm completely stumped!
CoolDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
Samanosuke

XII S1LENT IIX's Gamercard
Any one know how to unlock " glass cannon " ??? I killed over 23 and it didn't unlock !! : (

Edit: finally I unlocked it : )

Last edited by Samanosuke; 11-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
Varkovsky

Are some of these bugged? I have more than 130 shotgun kills yet glass cannon still refuse to unlock. Also have 54 throw kills but not pitcher.

Anyone knows what's the best spot to get berserker, reaper man and bartender?
Varkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
I think some of these are really buggy. I've got over 40 kills with a bottle now on Chinatown and still no Bartender. Some unlock real quick, other's take forever.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
I'm now at 730 thrown kills and Pitcher is still locked! What a complete and utter piss take!! Simple 5 minute challenge is taking 6+ hours! Just to make sure I'm doing it right it is just the simple throw to the head right? Do you have to use instinct? This is bullshit!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDust View Post
I'm now at 730 thrown kills and Pitcher is still locked! What a complete and utter piss take!! Simple 5 minute challenge is taking 6+ hours! Just to make sure I'm doing it right it is just the simple throw to the head right? Do you have to use instinct? This is bullshit!
Just curious, are you using an in-level checkpoint or starting from the level start each time? I'm wondering if this might have something to do with it. Like you, I've craploads of thrown kills but no pitcher style (as well as others such as bartender and fireaxe kills).

Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #28
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkovsky View Post
Anyone knows what's the best spot to get bartender?
Welcome to Hope. Start a barfight, grab a bottle and walk up to people are press X to glass them with the bottle. I only had to do it a few times for it to unlock.

EDIT:

Spook is unlocked by using the Eliminate option, by pressing X while behind an enemy with your silenced weapon drawn.

Viking can be unlocked by killing civilians. I took the baseball bat in the bar during Welcome to Hope, took out all of the people fighting in the first room, and then went to town on several (about 5) people.

Bank Robber can be unlocked by grabbing a human shield (civilians work) and knocking them out. Repeat about 4 times.

Berserker can be unlocked with the Tomahawk. Again, Welcome to Hope is a great place for this. Get to the bartender, and take the tomahawk from the dartboard to the left of the bar. Start attacking civilians. After 5, the style will unlock.

Glass Cannon - Welcome to Hope AGAIN. Climb through the vent in the restroom, grab the shotgun. Return to the restroom and open fire on the police officers. Walk through the door and open fire on the crowd. It'll unlock in seconds. I always start the bar fight, and I'm guessing the game then sees them as enemies.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-21-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Welcome to Hope. Start a barfight, grab a bottle and walk up to people are press X to glass them with the bottle. I only had to do it a few times for it to unlock.
Yep, easily the best place. In fact, the only place I could unlock it was here. Took just 6 kills and it unlocked. I am now convinced that some of these only unlock on certain levels as switching levels has just got me 3 more complete. Only spook and pitcher left now but neither wants to unlock

Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Just curious, are you using an in-level checkpoint or starting from the level start each time? I'm wondering if this might have something to do with it. Like you, I've craploads of thrown kills but no pitcher style (as well as others such as bartender and fireaxe kills).
I've tried everything, for other challenges I would get the kills and reset to the last checkpoint and repeat, this worked perfectly for everything but Pitcher! now I'm actually doing full playthroughs of levels and just killing everyone by throwing things. Though I'm starting to think I should just restart and delete my save because now at 750 kills I doubt very much it's going to unlock!