PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #31
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDust View Post
I've tried everything, for other challenges I would get the kills and reset to the last checkpoint and repeat, this worked perfectly for everything but Pitcher! now I'm actually doing full playthroughs of levels and just killing everyone by throwing things. Though I'm starting to think I should just restart and delete my save because now at 750 kills I doubt very much it's going to unlock!
Still can't unlock pitcher and I've loaded and tried several different levels now. Last one I need. Can anyone else chip in with other areas to try barring Terminus?

ponypo2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #32
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Needle Pumper - Conduct stealth kills with syringe.
Maestro - Commit kills with a sniper rifle

I only need these 2 play styles, but I'm having a little difficulty with some of them.

I loaded up Birdie's Gift to go for Gunslinger, and killed every single person in the entire level with a Snub and a Jagd P226, and the challenge didn't unlock. Is there a specific gun that they want you to use?

If anyone has any tips on which levels are ideal for the others, please pass them on to me.

EDIT: Brutus and Undertaker done in Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year. Dead bodies count, and you can kill civilians with a knife.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #33
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Still can't unlock pitcher and I've loaded and tried several different levels now. Last one I need. Can anyone else chip in with other areas to try barring Terminus?
Death Factory - "R&D"
If you run all the way to the bottom you can pick up a syringe and go to town on all the enemies. I've killed 150 in this level so far but nothing... I now have over 100 kills with every sharp throwing weapon:

- Axe
- Knife
- Folding Knife
- Syringe
- Scissors

I think I will get to 1000 and if it doesn't pop I'm done.
CoolDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #34
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Needle Pumper - Conduct stealth kills with syringe.
Reaper Man - Accrue kills from point-shooting
Dynasty Warrior - Commit kills with the katana.
Gunslinger - Commit kills with a revolver.
Pitcher - Commit sharp object throw-kills.
Maestro - Commit kills with a sniper rifle

I only need these 8 play styles, but I'm having a little difficulty with some of them.

I loaded up Birdie's Gift to go for Gunslinger, and killed every single person in the entire level with a Snub and a Jagd P226, and the challenge didn't unlock. Is there a specific gun that they want you to use?

If anyone has any tips on which levels are ideal for the others, please pass them on to me.

EDIT: Brutus and Undertaker done in Hunter and Hunted - Chinese New Year. Dead bodies count, and you can kill civilians with a knife.
For Gunslinger, I used the same level as you and used the snub. It took a while but eventually unlocked.

The syringe one I did on the orphanage and it popped quite fast. It actually popped off a thrown syringe kill too.

Katana kills are done on the mansion level (Blackwater?). The katana is in the room with all the lasers. Again, this popped real fast with a mix of stealth kills, normal kills and a thrown kill.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #35
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Death Factory - "R&D"
If you run all the way to the bottom you can pick up a syringe and go to town on all the enemies. I've killed 150 in this level so far but nothing... I now have over 100 kills with every sharp throwing weapon:

- Axe
- Knife
- Folding Knife
- Syringe
- Scissors

I think I will get to 1000 and if it doesn't pop I'm done.
Thanks, I'll try it now and see if I have any better luck. Hope we can figure something out.

EDIT :- And nothing. Glitched, simple as that. I give up on the 1000 now. can't be arsed with broken games right now.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 11-21-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
I've just unlocked Pitcher. It wouldn't work by doing a load of throw-kills, so what I did was get a kill with every sharp weapon (to the best of my knowledge, anyway).

- Syringe (in the orphanage)
- Axe (orphanage)
- Knife (hotel)
- Screwdriver (hotel)
- Cleaver (Chinese new year)
- Folding knife (library)
- Scissors (library)

As soon as I got the kill with the syringe, it unlocked. However, it didn't show up on my screen, I noticed I had gone up to 15/20 after quitting out of the level. I don't think amount of kills matters, as I have 127, which is a rather strange number for it to unlock.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #37
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
I've just unlocked Pitcher. It wouldn't work by doing a load of throw-kills, so what I did was get a kill with every sharp weapon (to the best of my knowledge, anyway).

- Axe (orphanage)
- Knife (hotel)
- Screwdriver (hotel)
- Cleaver (Chinese new year)
- Scissors (library)

As soon as I got the kill with the syringe, it unlocked. However, it didn't show up on my screen, I noticed I had gone up to 15/20 after quitting out of the level. I don't think amount of kills matters, as I have 127, which is a rather strange number for it to unlock.
Interesting. I know that my Berserker never popped in game but when I went back to check, I had got it. Will try a kill with each of those then post back. Fingers crossed.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #38
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Interesting. I know that my Berserker never popped in game but when I went back to check, I had got it. Will try a kill with each of those then post back. Fingers crossed.
Dude, I'm crossing my fingers for you too. I'm really hoping that you manage to unlock it!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
I deleted my save and started again, it popped up after I died and I had 115 kills. It could be that the requirment is 100 or only unlocks when you die which would explain how it glitched on me because even when i die i always reset to the last checkpoint. Now I'm going to rush through and do the rest again!

So to be on the safe side always let the A.I kill you.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
I deleted my save and started again, it popped up after I died and I had 115 kills. It could be that the requirment is 100 or only unlocks when you die which would explain how it glitched on me because even when i die i always reset to the last checkpoint. Now I'm going to rush through and do the rest again!

So to be on the safe side always let the A.I kill you.
Glad you got it to unlock! However, when mine unlocked, I didn't die. :/

Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Still didn't pop after using all those weapons. I even tried with the tomohawk as I'd not used that. Wondering if there's any other weapons I've missed.

I've died a lot of times whilst trying for these too so not sure that'd work. I'm going to wait now I think and try and enjoy the last episode of Waking Dead. Trying for this on Hitman is just peeing me off too much after a whole day of trying everything.

Heck, not even the tried and tested moan on the forums has made it pop and that's normally a guarantee!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #42
CoolDust

CoolDust's Gamercard
Quote:
Glad you got it to unlock! However, when mine unlocked, I didn't die. :/
Thanks! It's a strange one.

What's weird is on my new save the challenges are unlocking almost instantly! Like I cracked a bottle over someone's head and the bar challenge unlocked and then same for the hostage and axe kills! Seems it's pulling my old stuff from the servers or something? Either that or kill requirements are completely random!

Last edited by CoolDust; 06-06-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
Crimson Ridley

Gunslinger and Reaper Man are really annoying me now. I've tried with every pistol in Birdie's Gift, and I loaded up Hunter and Hunted - Loading Area and took down 5 of the guys in one Point-Shoot, and I still can't unlock them.

EDIT: Finally unlocked Reaper Man in Shangri-La, by point-shooting a total of 7 officers.

Gunstringer's done too! I had to keep repeating the shoot-out in the gun shop, with the Snub to finally unlock the style!

EDIT 2: All done! Now to continue with the story!

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 11-21-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #44
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The last one I need is Pitcher, and I just cannot unlock it. I've used the katana, knives, hatchets, axes, screwdrivers, everything. I've tried numerous levels and I've tried regular kills and mostly thrown kills, since I thought the latter was what it required. What gives?
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #45
Varkovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
The last one I need is Pitcher, and I just cannot unlock it. I've used the katana, knives, hatchets, axes, screwdrivers, everything. I've tried numerous levels and I've tried regular kills and mostly thrown kills, since I thought the latter was what it required. What gives?
I'm also having the same problem. Managed to unlock everything else using the tips in this thread but pitcher is proving to be stubborn
Varkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #46
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

That's a shame. I was so excited because I started with 6/20, and was planning on doing a playthrough to unlock all the challenges, until I saw this thread. Out of nowhere, I had 19/20, and now I'm stuck. I'm sick and tired of seeing Terminus and the Chinatown missions. I've gotten hundreds of throw kills with no luck. Any other ideas? Is it not five undetected thrown kills, but perhaps something else? I hate vague achievements.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #47
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Apologies for the double post, but I figured it out. I asked one of the people who has 1000GS in the game, and they stated that I should use the knife in the kitchen of Diana's mansion in the tutorial. I believe "undetected" means that you have to kill five in a row with a thrown weapon without anyone spotting bodies.

I killed the chef when the guard left (1), went upstairs and killed the guard posted by the railing (2), and hid both of their bodies. I opened the shutters on the second floor, and waited for the agent in the suit to arrive and killed him before he reached the railing (3). I then went downstairs into the hallway that is closest to the kitchen (that leads you to looking at the piano), and killed the lone guard that wasn't staring out the window (4). I then threw the knife at the guard by the piano (5) which counted as the last one before guards noticed his body.

Now, my problem: it gave me the 'Pitcher' play style - the last one I needed - yet no achievement. Any ideas??
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #48
Varkovsky

Quote:
Apologies for the double post, but I figured it out. I asked one of the people who has 1000GS in the game, and they stated that I should use the knife in the kitchen of Diana's mansion in the tutorial. I believe "undetected" means that you have to kill five in a row with a thrown weapon without anyone spotting bodies.

I killed the chef when the guard left (1), went upstairs and killed the guard posted by the railing (2), and hid both of their bodies. I opened the shutters on the second floor, and waited for the agent in the suit to arrive and killed him before he reached the railing (3). I then went downstairs into the hallway that is closest to the kitchen (that leads you to looking at the piano), and killed the lone guard that wasn't staring out the window (4). I then threw the knife at the guard by the piano (5) which counted as the last one before guards noticed his body.

Now, my problem: it gave me the 'Pitcher' play style - the last one I needed - yet no achievement. Any ideas??
Just tried this and got pitcher but also no achievement. I wonder if the bug only happens if pitcher is left to be the last play style? So fed up with glitched achievement

Last edited by Varkovsky; 11-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #49
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkovsky View Post
Just tried this and got pitcher but also no achievement. I wonder if the bug only happens if pitcher is left to be the last play style? So fed up with glitched achievement
I was also wondering if this happens because it's the tutorial, so technically it counts Pitcher, but it won't award you the achievement because it is the prologue? I e-mailed Square Enix about it, not sure if they can do anything to remedy this.

I'm just going to work on completing 100 challenges and gathering all the evidence in this playthrough, and then beating it on Hard difficulty. If nothing fixes this achievement by then, I suppose I'll delete my game saves and start again for it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #50
Varkovsky

Quote:
I was also wondering if this happens because it's the tutorial, so technically it counts Pitcher, but it won't award you the achievement because it is the prologue? I e-mailed Square Enix about it, not sure if they can do anything to remedy this.

I'm just going to work on completing 100 challenges and gathering all the evidence in this playthrough, and then beating it on Hard difficulty. If nothing fixes this achievement by then, I suppose I'll delete my game saves and start again for it.
I just reported it to their technical support as well. I still have a backup of my save before I unlock pitcher. I'll try to get it in a different level, will post back if it unlocks this time.

EDIT: Got it to unlock. I did pitcher in the king of chinatown level and achievement popped.

Last edited by Varkovsky; 11-22-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #51
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Would have posted the info about this challenge but I have been offline for a few days. Started playing this game a couple weeks ago and Pitcher was one of the first challenges I got.

The last 2 people are correct. You have to have about 5 unseen throw kills. It can be with whatever weapon the bodies have to be unseen. If caught you can even restart checkpoint and the game will remember how many you need. I threw a screwdriver in a guys head before he could snitch me out and then I dumped his body and it was all good.

Once I noticed people having problems I checked on 1 other account and my backup save I made and it worked.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #52
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globku View Post
Just cleared The King of Chinatown level twice doing this. Shall I keep going, or it should've unlocked by now?
I'd recommend to clear/finish the game so that it save properly. Still not sure about when your play styles will be saved, that's why.

I got it after I grabbed my 10-15th hostage, so keep on doing so!

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #53
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

If that pitcher technique works, I will seriously be giving major props as it was grieving me I might not be able to finish the 1000 in this game. Will post back later.

EDIT :-

Worked a fricking charm. I did it on the Library level as you start with a throwing knife and there is also a pair of scissors to use. It's also very easy to not get spotted. Thanks loads for figuring this out and posting guys!

Last edited by ponypo2001; 11-22-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #54
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

No problem! Glad I could help you all out. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup save. I'm going to try the Library level a few different ways and see how that goes. If it doesn't, I'll just start a new save at 970GS and get it.

EDIT: Tried the library and it won't unlock. The game must not factor in play styles once you've unlocked them, I guess. Looks like this will be the last achievement I unlock, then.

Last edited by Creasy47; 11-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #55
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
No problem! Glad I could help you all out. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup save. I'm going to try the Library level a few different ways and see how that goes. If it doesn't, I'll just start a new save at 970GS and get it.

EDIT: Tried the library and it won't unlock. The game must not factor in play styles once you've unlocked them, I guess. Looks like this will be the last achievement I unlock, then.
Damn that sucks mate. Not the biggest consolation, but at least we now know exactly how Pitcher unlocks. That cut's a lot of time out of the equation.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #56
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

I got this achievement few mins ago.

Here I knew how to unlock some play styles in correct ways. Some others I using here that explain some of them to how unlock correct ways.

Pitcher - Get one kill on each sharp melee weapon

- Axe (in the orphanage)
- Knife (in Chinese new year)
- Screwdriver (in basement and it is on bench next to lift in hotel level)
- Cleaver (in kitchen in the store, that where just last 2 areas before chinese new year)
- Scissors (library)

Just kill one guard or target enemy each with those weapon. I can confirmed Tomohawk not counts as it. That how I unlocked it

Maestro - Get 6 headshots in row with sniper without mistake or miss or reloading ammo. I got this unlocked in 2nd Mission. Load up mission then go to where target inside building and sniper rifle is on table so get it and sneak behind target where he look at open window so headshot him then headshots on 4 cops (and if you lucky headshot another target if he not run away around or even hide somewhere while back up cops around) so once you kill 5 enemies with 5 ammos that you only got 5 ammos but if you kill 5 enemies (cops and targets) with headshots in row perfect then you get 5 add ammos in rifle if you did it perfect then you get 5 add ammos in sniper and now kill one more enemy with headshot in row. Play Style unlocked. Just kill 6 enemies with sniper rifle, headshots in row without miss, mistake and reloading.

Gunslinger - I got this unlocked just kill 15 cops, guards and targets enemies with any type of Revolver. I can confirmed this for work I kill few in store then other mission later after it I kill it until 15th to get style unlocked. No joke I test it myself I kill about 10 or 11 in store then 5 or 4 in mission next to get it unlocked. No need in one go to do it. (maybe buggy but allow it to unlocked to me without need one go). Though I didn't use this weapon very much because I like silence weapon and others that I use more. Loved use this weapon in Red Dead Redemption lol.

Reaper Man - Just point-shooting kills on enemies (guards, cops and targets) about 8 kills. In my game for this unlocked to me when I kill 8th. This one might buggy for numbers of this style kills. Unlocked to me in store just make kill or alarm then cop back up pop in and start using point-shooting on them.

Dynamite Harry - I got this in 3rd mission so if you know one challenge that want you open safe then you see golds and bomb in it so take bomb and drop it ground front of safe and hide behind cover and wait until cop reach to safe and cop start panic and ask other cops back up to join him and look at bomb with golds. That you get one challenge for it so now press your bomb remote to blow up kill all of them you should get this style. That how I unlocked it. Not sure how many cops together when they look at safe. I guess it might be 5 or 6. Anyway kill them in one blew.

Piano Man - Got this unlocked in early of game. Just kills with your famous Agent 47's main silence wire weapon. Not sure what numbers of kills needed be.

Glass Cannon - Use Shotgun to kill 5 enemies in row. I got it in store. I didn't get this unlock right when I kill 2 or 3 then use other weapon then use shotgun again to kills so I decided restart checkpoint then kill few more to 5th kill then again it not unlock to me so reload checkpoint again and I think might be in row something so I tried done it then it unlocked when kill 5 cops in row with shotgun. Maybe buggy to me, I dunno but at least unlocked anyway.

Rest of all other styles is easy to unlocked from gamers explains here. Thank you for tips it to helped me out of way completed on other styles. Those above I helped and explain because some of you think bugs or something wrong. So those I like explain.

Few can be buggys but still get you completed and achievement. So you all can be happy and relax that achievement not glitch it just style buggy sometime but still get register to you for complete it.

Edit: My grammer might be not good at some sentence but I am sure you understand on it. I loved helped people as always.

Last edited by cheevo360; 11-22-2012 at 07:17 PM.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #57
csfreedom

CS2Freedom's Gamercard
I just got Dynamite Harry by blowing up gas tank in The King of Chinatown. Hope that helps.
csfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #58
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Just to clarify for people questioning Glass Cannon, I've done it multiple times. You just have to make sure to kill three enemies with a shotgun without taking damage.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #59
Tigore

Furious Gimp's Gamercard
Regarding the Pitcher play style, you need to do 5 stealth kills with a thrown sharp object without being "Spotted".

This link on shows how to do it quickly. I followed this guide on 2 profiles and it works.

Play the library on easy and follow the video. I made a few adjustments for the 3rd officer, since he kept seeing me throw the knife. The key is to strike from behind. If you see a negative score with "Spotted", restart the checkpoint. The play style will pop after the 5th kill.
Tigore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #60
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

I don't know what it is about Bank Robber but I tried just about everything and it didn't work. I did get it tho rather easy. You don't get the hostages killed. I don't know if anyone else posted this yet so here it goes.

Start The King of Chinatown mission
Go out the door and just start grabbing people and tap to knock them out, do it again and knock them out. Now when you grab the third person your achievement or play style should unlock and then you can knock them out.

I tried having them killed, went through 10 hostages and that didn't work.
I swear before I even grabbed hostages and would knock them out and that didn't work.
But on the mission The King of Chinatown I did once you go out the door. So all the trouble I had and others have just try that and you should get it within a minute.