PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Sports and Fitness > Kinect Sports Gems > 3 Point Contest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Exclamation Free for 1 week

Kinect Sports Gems: 3 Point Contest is free via Kinect Central Hub for 1 week only

Jump into a fantastic new way to enjoy your favourite sports! Fast-track the fun in solo or multiplayer, tackle micro goals and win badges in the all-new mission structure, grin for the camera and stamp your pics on the high score wall.

This is not free at xbox.com only through your console.

Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
PK!

xD PK's Gamercard
Thanks for the info. Already got it.

Retired Gamertag
PK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
INCANTATI0N

INCANTATI0N's Gamercard
It appears only the demo is free. After you play the first section it says unlock the full version to get the achievements you earned.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Update: Looks like you're getting the demo version of the game from Kinect Central Hub .
This is clearly a mistake since they advertise that the full version of the game is free for 1st week of release...

Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Thomas001122

thomas001122's Gamercard
Yeah I was wondering about that. I downloaded it earlier today and just tried to play it and it was either play trial or purchase. Maybe it will take them a week to fix it and we will end up having to pay for it if we want to play it. Nah.
Thomas001122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just came to reply to this thread. Apparently, the TRIAL is only available for this week only. Just read that on Major Nelson's blog. That seems silly to me to broadcast a demo like that. They are tricking more people into downloading the game though. To be honest, I thought it was an add on for Kinect Sports 2. Here is his blog if you want a look yourself.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/20/ki...-launch-today/
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actiionz View Post
Just came to reply to this thread. Apparently, the TRIAL is only available for this week only. Just read that on Major Nelson's blog. That seems silly to me to broadcast a demo like that. They are tricking more people into downloading the game though. To be honest, I thought it was an add on for Kinect Sports 2. Here is his blog if you want a look yourself.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/20/ki...-launch-today/
That's really strange that they made a misleading announcement like that. I think a trial should ALWAYS be free and it should stay there as well instead of removing it... what is the point of only having a trial there for a week anyway?

It's a world of saints and sinners, losers and winners, good and bad, happy and sad
Can't break the spell! I'll be there for you....
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
vormison

vormison's Gamercard
I can't believe I missed out on this FREE demo, haha.

Seriously though, 240ms points is rather cheap for what could be a decent Kinect mini-game. Anyone have any thoughts on this who has played the demo?
vormison is offline   Reply With Quote