PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Opinions?

I am really interested in this game but before buying I wanted to see what some of the opinions on it are. I would be satisfied with average or even a little below average gameplay as long as the Family Guy humor is present with entertaining jokes and banter. Anybody play it yet?
Next Up: Sherlock Holmes

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's not even released and it won't be for another week or so. Going by the limited gameplay footage available, it looks a lot fun.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
It's not even released and it won't be for another week or so. Going by the limited gameplay footage available, it looks a lot fun.
Ahhh, for some reason I thought it was out on the 13th. I see now that its the 20th. I guess I'll have to be curious for at least another week.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
iRage HD7

iRage HD7's Gamercard
I just rented this game, I'll give impressions tonight
iRage HD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
mkaj09

mkaj's Gamercard
i dont think the game is bad at all i am a fan of the tv show and am having fun playing this game. i think 60 dollars is a little steep for it though..to me 40 dollars would have been a fair price. it's a renter for sure cuz you could do the whole game in a saturday afternoon and the multiplayer is local only not online...
mkaj09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaj09 View Post
i dont think the game is bad at all i am a fan of the tv show and am having fun playing this game. i think 60 dollars is a little steep for it though..to me 40 dollars would have been a fair price. it's a renter for sure cuz you could do the whole game in a saturday afternoon and the multiplayer is local only not online...
It's good to hear that it's a decent game. I was nervous due to the lack of gameplay videos or advertising. A lot of casual gamers probably don't even know this game exists, even Family Guy fans.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
iRage HD7

iRage HD7's Gamercard
Quote:
Yep, exactly my thoughts
iRage HD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
ktilla23

ktilla23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I beat it, i don't think it was bad at all. In fact i thought it was way better than the 06 one (hated that one). The story was like a new episode and was a pretty good and funny one and something every Family guy fan will enjoy. I was laughing at a lot of the gags in the game. As for gameplay goes, i actually liked it. You can play through the whole game in co-op if you want to, but i choose to play it in single player. Although i like the gameplay some might not. All it really is just run and gun gameplay, expect for one level not gonna spoil which one. But you can get upgrades like a different costume from passed episodes, or new guns. Which adds a reason to pick up all the money and do the secondary missions (you can only unlock the costumes to buy by beating the secondary missions).

As for the deathmatch or multiplayer part of the game goes it's a bit of a let down. I do like it but you can only play up to four players online (not sure if you can play with bots by yourself). But really all the multiplayer is rehashes of the story mode maps. But you can play as the whole Griffin family from the start. But as you play more of the multiplayer (if you find someone to come over to your house and play) and get kills streaks, or kill people special ways, etc. You can buy upgrades like Peter's friends (Cleveland, Quagmire, etc). Or you can buy costumes for the all the charterers, like Meg, Chris, Quagmire, etc. And you got modes like catch the greased deaf guy (Capture the flag), and a mode where you fight of waves of enemies (like zombie mode in CoD). But like i said before the no online really kills what could of been a pretty good mode.

Achievement wise it's pretty easy, i ran through the game in 5-6 hours but that does not include all the secondary mission. And had 500-550 in the game. And the other achievements are for modes like the multiplayer that can be boosted in 20-30 minutes with two controllers, and net you about another 150 points. And for challenge mode there are some but i have not tried it yet. I would give it a 4/10 difficulty. And the 1000 should take about 11-15 hours.

But all in all, i liked the game very much and something every Family Guy fan should play, or if you're trying to get in to the show this is a fantastic way to. But 60$ is a bit steep for a pretty short game, but if you see it for 20$ or if you see it to rent. By all means get it. I would rate it a 7.5/10.

I hope this helped you decide if you should get this game or not.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktilla23 View Post
I beat it, i don't think it was bad at all. In fact i thought it was way better than the 06 one (hated that one). The story was like a new episode and was a pretty good and funny one and something every Family guy fan will enjoy. I was laughing at a lot of the gags in the game. As for gameplay goes, i actually liked it. You can play through the whole game in co-op if you want to, but i choose to play it in single player. Although i like the gameplay some might not. All it really is just run and gun gameplay, expect for one level not gonna spoil which one. But you can get upgrades like a different costume from passed episodes, or new guns. Which adds a reason to pick up all the money and do the secondary missions (you can only unlock the costumes to buy by beating the secondary missions).

As for the deathmatch or multiplayer part of the game goes it's a bit of a let down. I do like it but you can only play up to four players online (not sure if you can play with bots by yourself). But really all the multiplayer is rehashes of the story mode maps. But you can play as the whole Griffin family from the start. But as you play more of the multiplayer (if you find someone to come over to your house and play) and get kills streaks, or kill people special ways, etc. You can buy upgrades like Peter's friends (Cleveland, Quagmire, etc). Or you can buy costumes for the all the charterers, like Meg, Chris, Quagmire, etc. And you got modes like catch the greased deaf guy (Capture the flag), and a mode where you fight of waves of enemies (like zombie mode in CoD). But like i said before the no online really kills what could of been a pretty good mode.

Achievement wise it's pretty easy, i ran through the game in 5-6 hours but that does not include all the secondary mission. And had 500-550 in the game. And the other achievements are for modes like the multiplayer that can be boosted in 20-30 minutes with two controllers, and net you about another 150 points. And for challenge mode there are some but i have not tried it yet. I would give it a 4/10 difficulty. And the 1000 should take about 11-15 hours.

But all in all, i liked the game very much and something every Family Guy fan should play, or if you're trying to get in to the show this is a fantastic way to. But 60$ is a bit steep for a pretty short game, but if you see it for 20$ or if you see it to rent. By all means get it. I would rate it a 7.5/10.

I hope this helped you decide if you should get this game or not.
Thanks for the detailed review. I am definitely going to play it, probably get it from Gamefly. I'm happy this turned out to be a decent game.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
ktilla23

ktilla23's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapeandmudergirls View Post
Most multiplayer achievements CAN be boosted quickly. But you are very wrong on time it takes for them. There are 2 achievements alone that will take you upwards of 2 hours. They are the ones for reaching level 15 and one for reaching level 30 in Multiverse Madness. It took me a little over an hour to get to the 15th wave. If you are playing alone and just leaving the other controller on, it takes about 5 minutes per wave. If you have two people playing you can cut the time in half.
I didn't play that mode yet when i wrote that. I like Multiverse Madness but it just takes too freaking long! I wish there was a save, i started pretty late at night so i might have to leave my 360 running all night, because i didn't know it takes 2+ hours or almost 3 hours.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
Yourburntstar

McPrescot Bobby's Gamercard
I am currently waiting to get this from gamefly, and i'm not expecting this game to be a 10 out of 10 or anything like that, i know it didn't have a huge budget, but i love family guy, so that's why it peaked my interest, and i'm sure i will enjoy it too.
Yourburntstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourburntstar View Post
I am currently waiting to get this from gamefly, and i'm not expecting this game to be a 10 out of 10 or anything like that, i know it didn't have a huge budget, but i love family guy, so that's why it peaked my interest, and i'm sure i will enjoy it too.
Pretty much what I though to.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourburntstar View Post
This!

Will be receiving the game via lovefilm over the weekend

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #14
Warden1972

Warden1972's Gamercard
As others have said, it's a short, solid shooter made great for fans of the show. It is not a purchase at $60, though, but definitely a fun rent.

However, I think Activision screwed the pooch with how they released the game. If this were a 1200MS game with online multiplayer, they would have needed a gardening crew to rake in the cash.
Warden1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #15
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

I can't get over how trashed this game was by reviewers. It is not really that bad at all.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:39 AM   #16
Christophawr

Chrisssayyyy x's Gamercard
Why is this game still so freaking expensive?!
Christophawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
dinny2891

dinny tarks's Gamercard
Suprised by the above reviews after the kicking this got from amongst many others, this site's review. After reading the above I might give it a go!
dinny2891 is offline   Reply With Quote