PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 5: No Time Left
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
[SPOILERS] Ending Discussion

I'm interesting to see how different people's endings were (if at all).

Whilst I suspect Lee is either killed or left to die by everyone there might be some difference in the post credits scene. I had Clem in a field looking at two figures in the distance, a bit disappointing to be honest.

Also I felt this chapter was the shortest by a long way, little over an hour. No real closure just a set up for the next season.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Definitely the shortest chapter. No choice you make affects the post credits ending. It's the same for everyone.

Cut Lee's arm off.
Lost my temper with Kenny.
Kept some of my items from the stranger.
Had Clem kill the stranger.
Had Clem shoot me.

Went by myself unintentionally, couldn't convince anyone. Didn't have Ben with me in episode 5.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 11-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
Definitely the shortest chapter. No choice you make affects the post credits ending. It's the same for everyone. I don't remember what the all stats were at the end but I:

Cut Lee's arm off.
Had Clem shoot me.

I don't remember what the rest were so if someone posts them then I'll add them to my post.
I had the same except I also discarded all my items with the stranger.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
AlexandyrZho

AlexandyrZho's Gamercard
Choices in Ep 5.

Had your arm cut off? Yep

Calmly argued with Kenny? Yep

Gave up all items to the stranger? Yep

Didn't kill the stranger? Yep

Made sure Lee didn't turn? Yep

I had Omid and his girlfriend, and Kenny with me. Kenny sac'd himself for the chick. Got the same ending with Clem wandering a field and then seeing two figures in the distance.
AlexandyrZho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
Cut Lee's arm off.
Lost my temper with Kenny.
Kept some of my items from the stranger.
Had Clem shoot me.
I made the same choices.

I also chose to go alone in the last episode, though everyone ended up going with me once I got to the house anyway. Kenny sacrificed himself for Ben.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
wesker82

wesker tasos's Gamercard
same ending to be honest i was disappointed it was way to short
wesker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Van Hooligan X

Van Hooligan X's Gamercard
I'm slightly confuzzled by the very end with Clem sitting on the log.

Who were the 2 people in the distance, why was Clem just staring at them, what does it meeeaaan?

Completed games: 102
Retail: 56
Arcade: 46

Name and shame list(People who don't boost back):
Irish Milliant
Van Hooligan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Seppälä

Seppala13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Hooligan X View Post
I'm slightly confuzzled by the very end with Clem sitting on the log.

Who were the 2 people in the distance, why was Clem just staring at them, what does it meeeaaan?
It could be Omid and Krishta.
It could be two strangers.

Either way Clem has a gun and I would assume that she isn't sure what to do or not.

So, how many thinks that it's actually Clementine we get to be as in season 2?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppälä View Post
It could be Omid and Krishta.
It could be two strangers.

Either way Clem has a gun and I would assume that she isn't sure what to do or not.

So, how many thinks that it's actually Clementine we get to be as in season 2?
Telltale came out and said that you should not delete your saves as they will effect Season 2.

Question answered.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So nothing happens if you tell them to find the cancer lot who stole the boat?

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Removed Lee's arm.
Lost temper with Kenny.
Kept weapons.
Didn't kill the stranger. (Didn't saw the option.)
Told Clementine to leave Lee.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Yeah how does Lee kill him? I slammed him into the door and tried to strangle him then the game forced him on me and Clem shot him.

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

What happens if you have no one or not the full group come with you? I had them all. Did anyone not remove Lee's arm?

Also, dat ending. For my game, I'd assume it was Krista and Omid. I also assume Clem will be the main character in Season 2
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Kenny didn't come with me. We found him beaten up and locked in the shed by the cancer group.

Raptar
Voice

Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

cut off the arm (lot of good it did)
kept calm with Kenny
kept my cleaver from the stranger
killed the stranger (pick up the gun and walk back and shoot him in the head)
didn't let Clem kill me (just couldn't do that to her, would rather spend eternity handcuffed to a radiator)
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

How does Kenny die if you let Ben die in episode 4? Is it him that falls and gets spiked?

Raptar
Voice

Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

was wondering the same thing about Kenny, and vice versia really, if you have ben but no kenny how does it play....
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Kenny re joins you at that point no matter what. If he doesn't come with you at the end of episode 4 you find him beaten up and locked in the shed by the cancer group who have stolen the boat.

Raptar
Voice

Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
Removed Lee's Arm
Lost temper with Kenny
Didn't give up my weapon, though I did put down the Walkie-Talkie
I didn't kill Clems captor myself, I wanted to, but as I was fighting him Clem shot him.
I made Clementine leave me, that bullet could save her life one day, no sense wasting it on me if i'm not a threat.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
was wondering the same thing about Kenny, and vice versia really, if you have ben but no kenny how does it play....
Kenny dies after knocking into the back of Lee causing him to lose the Walkie-Talkie though a hole in the roof, if you make a fuss about it, Christa will jump down to get it but there'll be no way back up for her, you find a pole, but as you pull her she falls back down and attracts a ton of Walkers, Kenny will then jump down boost her up to you and then disappears into the dark while fighting them off. So you don't actually see him die, so it's possible he survived but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
Anyone notice Lee getting more paler as the episode goes on, that was nuts.

What happens if you don't chop Lee's arm off? Easier to get up the ladders etc? Could you handcuff that police man zombie stuck in the chair?

Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Anyone notice Lee getting more paler as the episode goes on, that was nuts.

What happens if you don't chop Lee's arm off? Easier to get up the ladders etc? Could you handcuff that police man zombie stuck in the chair?
lol what a waste it was getting Lee's arm cut off and struggling much more until he dies.Poor Lee.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #23
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot God View Post
lol what a waste it was getting Lee's arm cut off and struggling much more until he dies.Poor Lee.
I think it was still worth it though. For starters Lee knew it wasn't a sure thing that chopping his arm off would save him, but it was worth lowering it to a 99% chance of dying instead of the 100% chance it was if he left the bite.

I guess they just left it too long though, with Hershel in the TV show, the Walker bit the bottom of his leg and they removed it within seconds, with Lee it was his arm, and they took a while to suggest amputation, been in the arm gave the infection less distance to travel to reach both his Heart and Brain, factor in that it probably took in there time 10-20 minutes for them to get from the Mansion to the Hospital/Morgue they just didn't do it fast enough, perhaps if they'd done it before the first time he passed out, but that's not what happened so it's all just speculation now.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
Th33Troop33r

Th33Troop33r's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure the ending when clementine sees the two people it's Christa and Omid. I remember Christa said the country side was a good idea.
Th33Troop33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
L1E

Send a message via AIM to L1E

L1E's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Montymort View Post
Kenny dies after knocking into the back of Lee causing him to lose the Walkie-Talkie though a hole in the roof, if you make a fuss about it, Christa will jump down to get it but there'll be no way back up for her, you find a pole, but as you pull her she falls back down and attracts a ton of Walkers, Kenny will then jump down boost her up to you and then disappears into the dark while fighting them off. So you don't actually see him die, so it's possible he survived but I wouldn't bet on it.
Does this happen no matter what you say? I made a fuss about it, so this happened. But what happens if you say "Leave it."?

Also, definitely going to do a silence playthrough. "You can't die Lee!" "…" "What do I do?!" "…"
L1E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #26
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th33Troop33r View Post
I'm pretty sure the ending when clementine sees the two people it's Christa and Omid. I remember Christa said the country side was a good idea.
I hope its not Christa and Omid found them both a bit boring.Hope its two new characters and one of them we will take control of and take care of Clem.I cant see us playing as Clem in season 2 as she is far to young and when the arguments arise between different people who is going to listen to a nine year old,unless season 2 is so many years after season 1.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #27
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard
Guys. I just realized something about the final part of this. The game ended the same way it began, only with the roles reversed at parts.

Lee is handcuffed (Been taken to prison/handcuffed to the radiator)
Taking keys from a dead Cop/Security Guard (Lee gets attacked by the Cop after getting keys/ Clem gets attacked by the Guard after attempting to get key)
Passing a weapon while the other is attacked (Clem passes Lee a weapon to kill the BabySitter while he's trying to crawl away from her/Lee passes Clem the baseball bat to kill the Guard while she crawls away from him)

This two scenes are so much alike and i'm assuming on purpose. Makes that final scene even harder, she's learned so much from Lee, taught her how to survive, i'm just hoping she does. Can't wait for Season 2.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #28
Darth Craigus

Darth Craigus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Montymort View Post
Guys. I just realized something about the final part of this. The game ended the same way it began, only with the roles reversed at parts.

Lee is handcuffed (Been taken to prison/handcuffed to the radiator)
Taking keys from a dead Cop/Security Guard (Lee gets attacked by the Cop after getting keys/ Clem gets attacked by the Guard after attempting to get key)
Passing a weapon while the other is attacked (Clem passes Lee a weapon to kill the BabySitter while he's trying to crawl away from her/Lee passes Clem the baseball bat to kill the Guard while she crawls away from him)

This two scenes are so much alike and i'm assuming on purpose. Makes that final scene even harder, she's learned so much from Lee, taught her how to survive, i'm just hoping she does. Can't wait for Season 2.
That's a great spot - Well done. I hadn't even thought of that. Even having already finished it, thinking back with this in mind gives that ending a little extra "something".

Quote:
I always say, before you judge another man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...
Darth Craigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #29
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I still don't want a Season 2. The cliffhanger ending was so bittersweet. Like the ending to Christopher Nolan's "Inception" you come up with your own ending to the plot. You're nudged in a general direction, but it's not concrete, it's something that can be discussed and speculated for months on end.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #30
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

I loved the ending, but like others the episode ran rather quickly. With the focus on action this time though I was happy. The talk with the stranger at the end was great IMO.

I kept the arm.
Kenny sacrificed himself for Ben.
Omid and Krishta went for the boat.
I had Clem kill me.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote