PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
He is a sneaky one!
Ain't that the truth.

On a side note, I'll begin construction on the other steps tomorrow, feel free to add more games to our list as they appear.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #32
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I think Creech has started on the list and followed through on closing all the trading threads relating to them.

I don't know of any other servers closing, but this mainly because I don't know how to find out plus I don't play these old game.

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #33
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Quote:
I think Creech has started on the list and followed through on closing all the trading threads relating to them.

I don't know of any other servers closing, but this mainly because I don't know how to find out plus I don't play these old game.
It's fine, I'll keep my ears pinned to the sources to hear of more server shut downs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobawlzmahonyoo View Post
well thats a shame
Lol which one? There are many shames here.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #34
A Scary Demon

a scary demon's Gamercard
Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #35
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
GH Tunes is down on all Guitar Hero games, not just World Tour.
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #36
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Scary Demon View Post
Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2?
Alrighty I'll take a look at it tonight when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorkiller View Post
GH Tunes is down on all Guitar Hero games, not just World Tour.
I'll take a look at it tonight, although I may need to request a few more posts be added to my original 2 so I can expand on the games an the aspects I wanted to.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - First Place   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post

Jake have you played it?
Lol, sorry for the miscommunication, just meant I loved the idea of this thread. But to answer your question: No, I haven't played it.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #38
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Lol, sorry for the miscommunication, just meant I loved the idea of this thread. But to answer your question: No, I haven't played it.
Oo! Well that may even be better than the game itself. =p Glad you like it.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #39
THE DEADLY DOG

Just updating the thread we have the following:

Objectives 1 and 2 are complete and up to date as far as I know.

We now need to move to creating a legend upon which we can decypher which games had no multiplayer achievements linked to them, which had some, which games are no longer available, ect.

The next step would be to find out by lurking the web to see which games are being targeted for impending shut down and get them on here as well. I'll begin work on these aspects sometime either tonight or tomorrow.

As always, all contributions, comments, questions, and concerns are absolutely welcomed.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #40
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I also love the idea of this thread! Nice job so far! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
We now need to move to creating a legend upon which we can decypher which games had no multiplayer achievements linked to them, which had some, which games are no longer available, ect.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=299871
^ That thread mentions if they are unachievable achievements due to server shutdowns so that might help with that part! And maybe you could color code the games or maybe put symbols by them or something?

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #41
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I also love the idea of this thread! Nice job so far! =)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=299871
^ That thread mentions if they are unachievable achievements due to server shutdowns so that might help with that part! And maybe you could color code the games or maybe put symbols by them or something?
With the legend I planned on infact color coding games. Coming soon. =p

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
ShadyChicano

Send a message via AIM to ShadyChicano

Shadychicano's Gamercard
Add Ghost Busters: The Video Game
Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #43
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyChicano View Post
Many thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ghos...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Added.

Edit: P.S.

I know I am slacking keeping up with my updates, but finals started up and will go through next week. Once I get through this I promise I will get all of what I've set out for myself and more. Stay tuned!

bplayak at his.. finest?

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 12-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #44
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
Pgr 3 servers are still up.All they took down was gothem tv which only affects 1 achievement for being on it.
Magic 2011 online stuff

milecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #45
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyChicano View Post
This makes me so sad.. :/

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #46
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
This makes me so sad.. :/
Indeed. Especially after the year and a half they spent to get the patch up and running so everyone could get their achievement. However, if you think about it, if another company were to find out that the had a glitch in the system, they wouldn't have given two shits and closed the servers 6 months or even a year earlier.

Hats off to them.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #47
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Yoostar 2 and Yoostar on MTV are both down, meaning that videos can no longer be uploaded or downloaded.

The GHTunes for most games seems glitchy but not down. I was able to get on GHTunes for Metallica but not Smash Hits on Thursday. The Hero Feed for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is definitely down, though.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #48
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by milecoupe View Post
Pgr 3 servers are still up.All they took down was gothem tv which only affects 1 achievement for being on it.
Alright this I will edit to reflect the correct information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Yoostar 2 and Yoostar on MTV are both down, meaning that videos can no longer be uploaded or downloaded.

The GHTunes for most games seems glitchy but not down. I was able to get on GHTunes for Metallica but not Smash Hits on Thursday. The Hero Feed for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is definitely down, though.
Those I will add Doug.

As far as GHTunes I've been getting conflicting reports about servers being up then down then up then behind then glitchy ect. For now I will put them as questionale at best.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #49
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Someone seriously needs to investigate the Overlord servers. PS3 user reported that Overlord 2 servers were down and got official word from Codemasters.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #50
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Someone seriously needs to investigate the Overlord servers. PS3 user reported that Overlord 2 servers were down and got official word from Codemasters.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=156419

From Codemasters:

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Overlord.

Due to the age of the game, Overlord will shortly be no longer playable using the in-game browser for multi-player, unfortunately.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused"

Added to the list.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #51
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I would hold off on adding Overlord. The original Overlord had server shutdowns as well, but it did not include the 360 version of the game. Given that Overlord II runs on the same servers as the first one (gamespy i believe?) I'm going to bet the 360 version will not be affected.

I'm going to be testing it tonight to confirm.

Also your link is for the original Overlord and 3 people got one of the longer online achievements in the last week

1 FN Phenomenal 10 Dec at 05:27
2 SN0WYP0LARBEAR2 08 Dec at 13:56
3 I Am Wallbanger 08 Dec at 13:52

So I'm guessing no worry on those.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Last edited by Mightymango; 12-12-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #52
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymango View Post
I would hold off on adding Overlord. The original Overlord had server shutdowns as well, but it did not include the 360 version of the game. Given that Overlord II runs on the same servers as the first one (gamespy i believe?) I'm going to bet the 360 version will not be affected.

I'm going to be testing it tonight to confirm.

Also your link is for the original Overlord and 3 people got one of the longer online achievements in the last week

1 FN Phenomenal 10 Dec at 05:27
2 SN0WYP0LARBEAR2 08 Dec at 13:56
3 I Am Wallbanger 08 Dec at 13:52

So I'm guessing no worry on those.
Alrighty. So let's get this cleared up. Overlord should be moved to the new section coming up for games in the crosshairs of shutdown. But with the second half of your information regarding tied in servers we may not see it get shut down at all! (Good news for fans of that game for sure!) Please keep me up to date on any changes. Until then I shall take it off the list.

Also;

Please feel free to call me out if a game's servers actually still work. Most of this information is from second hand sources as I have experience mainly only the sports servers being shut down. You won't be an ass telling me a game still works! You'll be helping us all!

bplayak at his.. finest?

Last edited by THE DEADLY DOG; 12-12-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #53
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Here's some new ones from EA buddy!

Quote:
January 11, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown

FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360
NCAA Football 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
NHL 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
Thanks to Rage66 - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=407308

Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #54
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Here's some new ones from EA buddy!

Thanks to Rage66 - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=407308
Ugh.. I need to get on this list for games in the crosshaires. *Sigh* When I get home from class then nothing else until I get this list made.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oh I wasn't trying to be dickish, I was just trying to help. Some folks around here really need proof so that is why I posted.

Confirmed I was able to create and play a ranked match last night in overlord.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #56
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymango View Post
Oh I wasn't trying to be dickish, I was just trying to help. Some folks around here really need proof so that is why I posted.

Confirmed I was able to create and play a ranked match last night in overlord.
No No I didn't take it as an insult at all! I don't have many of these games so we need actual proof to be able to justify putting games up or taking them down.

Let me know how it goes when the new one does its business. If they are on the same server I highly doubt the first will be shut down though.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #57
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Sorry buddy. Was looking through the list and my OCD kicked in. My problem not yours

Needs a paragraph space.
Quote:
G:
-GH Tunes for all Guitar Hero games are questionable at best.
-Ghost Busters: The Video Game
Double paragraph instead of one.
Quote:
N:
-NASCAR 08
-NASCAR 08 (EU)
-NASCAR 09
-NASCAR 09 (EU)

-NBA 2K6
-NBA 2K7
-NBA 2K8
-NBA 2K9
-NBA 2K10: Draft Combine
-NBA Live 06
-NBA Live 07
-NBA Live 08
-NBA Live 09
-NBA Street Homecourt
LOVE YOOOOU!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #58
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Sorry buddy. Was looking through the list and my OCD kicked in. My problem not yours

Needs a paragraph space.

Double paragraph instead of one.

LOVE YOOOOU!
Edited and changed. Also check the reason for editing.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #59
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluki 00 View Post
Previously I had reported the servers were down for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Today they are back! I didn't try matchmaking, but the leaderboards (required for 2 achievements), and the friend feed items are up (required for TRACKER OF DEEDS). Better hurry though if you don't have the game complete, just in case they do get shut down again!

Also: The GH Tunes seem to all be available. There are several songs you can download created by other users to make the "point" related achievements MUCH easier.

Good to hear about Overlord. The PS3 version server shutdown got me scared, guess our XBL subscription money isn't wasted.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #60
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Ghostbuster servers are still up.

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 216 / 75]
: HEAVY FIRE: SHATTERED SPEAR / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13