PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #211
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Just added Star Wars: Battle for Hoth today, found it in my search for threads that need to be stickied.

Game has been gone for a while with no achievements linked to any servers/multiplayer although the 12 achievements linked to the game itself cannot be earned unless the game was once in your download list.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #212
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
When you report back can you state if it's the international or Japanese version?
Was able to test it out tonight, working fine, my brother was able to join and play in my game no problem.

I only have the international version of the game though, so cannot speak for the Japanese version. (I would be interested to find out about the Jap. version because i have been thinking about getting it for the stackable G's)

Cheers,
Matt

My collection?
15x 360 consoles, 240+ retails games
(and counting)
leviathan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #213
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post

C:
-Chromehounds

-Colin McRae: DiRT 2 DiRT net is down.
-Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (PC) DiRT net is down.
DiRT 2 & DiRT 3 are on sale right now through Steam. I'm downloading them atm; however, for DiRT 2, people are saying that they still play online... I'll be able to verify that once I'm finished downloading though.

Just wanted to give a heads up in case DiRT 2 (PC) still does have online servers/achievements.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #214
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deific Aberrant View Post
DiRT 2 & DiRT 3 are on sale right now through Steam. I'm downloading them atm; however, for DiRT 2, people are saying that they still play online... I'll be able to verify that once I'm finished downloading though.

Just wanted to give a heads up in case DiRT 2 (PC) still does have online servers/achievements.
Yes but what about Dirt.net? I think it's different than that of the online servers for DiRT

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #215
Deific Aberrant

Send a message via AIM to Deific Aberrant Send a message via MSN to Deific Aberrant Send a message via Yahoo to Deific Aberrant

Deific Aberrant's Gamercard
You're right - Dirt.net is down. I saw the 'red' lettering for the game which means no more online achievements. Figured if there is still online play then the achievements should still work; however, Dirt.net was what kept the tournaments (from what I read so far) so the achievements are affected

I still wonder if the non-tourney online achievements will pop though, but they seem a bit lengthy. I'll update you if there's any luck on some online achievements popping when I can...

Sorry about that!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #216
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deific Aberrant View Post
You're right - Dirt.net is down. I saw the 'red' lettering for the game which means no more online achievements. Figured if there is still online play then the achievements should still work; however, Dirt.net was what kept the tournaments (from what I read so far) so the achievements are affected

I still wonder if the non-tourney online achievements will pop though, but they seem a bit lengthy. I'll update you if there's any luck on some online achievements popping when I can...

Sorry about that!
No need to be sorry man. The only way this list stays current and relevant is if people play games and check games. Cheers to you for hitting that up--would have been nice to be able to take those two down off of the list.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #217
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Here's a news story about WWE All Stars servers:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/04...vers-shut-off/

Still someone should check to be completely sure.

Edit: User BOOBWHACKER confirmed they're gone.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional

Last edited by mcnichoj; 05-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #218
lethalerror

lethelerror's Gamercard
not surprised to see how many are ea games

lethalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #219
Miramax7000

Miramax7000's Gamercard
Thanks for creating this thread. Been looking for something like this.

Apart from the worst offenders EA who give a bit of notice on their server shutdown page, do the other developers/publishers normally let you know in advance? (and with sufficient time to buy the game and complete the achievements?)

I always seem to find out randomly for non EA games that are shutting down and miss out half the time.
Miramax7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #220
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramax7000 View Post
Thanks for creating this thread. Been looking for something like this.

Apart from the worst offenders EA who give a bit of notice on their server shutdown page, do the other developers/publishers normally let you know in advance? (and with sufficient time to buy the game and complete the achievements?)

I always seem to find out randomly for non EA games that are shutting down and miss out half the time.
I would say yes most devs give some fair warning before they 'cut the cord' so to speak.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #221
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Here's a news story about WWE All Stars servers:

Still someone should check to be completely sure.

Edit: User BOOBWHACKER confirmed they're gone.
nice of them to give notice
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #222
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

New addition:

WWE All Stars

Source:

Thanks to
mcnichoj

Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #223
Looter1

looter1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry

Quote:

Damn - the online ones are the only ones I'm missing for this game *sigh*
Looter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #224
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Well another announcement--possibly much to the dismay over DCC lovers everywhere.

Doritos Crash Course has been removed from the XBL marketplace.

Couple important points:
1) You can still buy the DLC and play it.
2) You can still download the game so long as you previously downloaded it before.
3*) I am unsure about the validity of this statement, but to the best of my knowledge the servers for DCC have not been dropped meaning you can still grab the achievements with friends.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #225
Ash Abe Add

AshAbeAdd's Gamercard
Is there a way to host a server? I would enjoy playing some game and even getting some missed achievements.
Ash Abe Add is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #226
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Abe Add View Post
Is there a way to host a server? I would enjoy playing some game and even getting some missed achievements.
No        

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #227
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well another announcement--possibly much to the dismay over DCC lovers everywhere.

Doritos Crash Coursew has been removed from the XBL marketplace.
It's because they don't want people looking back, comparing the two and wondering what happened.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #228
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
It's because they don't want people looking back, comparing the two and wondering what happened.
Then why is both it and the DLC available again

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258410a71

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #229
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Aha! Doritos has returned. Off the list she goes.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #230
Djangolulu

OceanicMeerkat's Gamercard
No surprise that a high percentage of these games are sports games...
Djangolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #231
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangolulu View Post
No surprise that a high percentage of these games are sports games...
And EA games.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #232
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Just wondering if anyone knows if The Club servers are closed?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #233
Felonious Monk

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadryz View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows if The Club servers are closed?
I'll double check when we get the 360s running in 20 min but I think matchmaking is just super dead.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #234
Jackx289

jackx289's Gamercard
UFC 3 servers appear to be down. I tried a week or so ago with no luck and no luck again today...I was halfway done with the ranked wins. I hope it's temporary.

Jackx289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #235
Galarzaa90

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
I think PGR4 servers were shutdown too, PGR on demand has been unavailable for a while now
Galarzaa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #236
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galarzaa90 View Post
I think PGR4 servers were shutdown too, PGR on demand has been unavailable for a while now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackx289 View Post
UFC 3 servers appear to be down. I tried a week or so ago with no luck and no luck again today...I was halfway done with the ranked wins. I hope it's temporary.
I don't have either of these games. Anyone mind confirming?

Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #237
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I'll double check when we get the 360s running in 20 min but I think matchmaking is just super dead.

Did you find out if the servers are still working
Old 06-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #238
Felonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadryz View Post
Did you find out if the servers are still working
Yeah, I was able to get on. Want to test to see if you can connect to a match I host?

I won't be able to actually do anything achievement wise at the moment because I'm working, but I'll do it to put your mind at ease.

EDIT: I see why you're asking; you've not even played it yet. It is allowing me to host, though, and I don't believe it'd give me that ability if the LIVE tracker was down on it.

Quote:
I don't have either of these games. Anyone mind confirming?
PGR on Demand in PGR4 may be down just like the PGR3 PGRTV or whatever, just like tournaments are inaccessible because it was a feature that a Bizarre employee would have to physically deploy and couldn't be automated. But actual ranked servers were still working as of two days ago.

EDIT: Ranked multiplayer definitely working, joined a match just now, quit. Mostly people playing Bulldog, though. May pop it back in to check tourney stuff if I have time.

EDIT2: Do not have any UFCs in the store. Someone else will have to check it.

Last edited by Felonious Monk; 06-05-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Felonious Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #239
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Yeah, I was able to get on. Want to test to see if you can connect to a match I host?

I won't be able to actually do anything achievement wise at the moment because I'm working, but I'll do it to put your mind at ease.

PGR on Demand in PGR4 may be down just like the PGR3 PGRTV or whatever, just like tournaments are inaccessible because it was a feature that a Bizarre employee would have to physically deploy and couldn't be automated. But actual ranked servers were still working as of two days ago.
Thanks Monky.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #240
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackx289 View Post
Sorry but they're gone for good. The online passes have been down for a while and THQ no longer have the UFC license.

Deadly I don't think you need any more verification, Jack has over 170k gamerscore and has recently played the game. He's pretty reliable.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote