PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
Yokozuna unlocked early

Finally a good glitch lol. Unlocked at 115/165 staff ghosts beaten. Anyone else have the same thing?

edit: here is how

Beat mirrored Sunshine Tour expert ghost.

Last edited by mugginyouoff; 11-25-2012 at 09:21 PM.
mugginyouoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
unlocked yokozuna at 115 ghosts. unlocked triple star license at 152 ghosts. :3 its broken. Thank the lord. Imagine having to platinum billy hatchers stage? I did every stage but that one. That evil bloody turn when you turn from boat to water....
mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
mugginyouoff

Billy Hatcher and Burning Ranger I was dreading. Yeah, lucky the licence is glitched too. Just finishing courses on hard more now to get triple star!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
really? damn i have to get on that before they fix it!

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginyouoff View Post
Finally a good glitch lol. Unlocked at 115/165 staff ghosts beaten. Anyone else have the same thing?
Really!?

Out of interest, what ghosts did you beat? Just easy, medium, and hard on each track including the dlc tracks? I can beat the hard ghosts no problem, but those expert ghosts are evil!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i would also like to know if you had metal sonic dlc and what characters you used.

i am using vyse and sonic atm.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
mugginyouoff

I was doing Platinum for the trials I beat. I did first 3 worlds normal + mirror, some of the "classic" levels aswell.

Wong Tong unloicked at 115 also so if you beat all stages on HARD that'd be 120/165. Worth a shot, wouldn't be very hard.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
mugginyouoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
i would also like to know if you had metal sonic dlc and what characters you used.

i am using vyse and sonic atm.
Posted right before I did! Yes, I had Metal Sonic and Outrun Bay although I didn't do the OB trial.

Depends on the level as to what character/mod I was using. Mostly Vyse/AGES though.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
It's just a theory but i'm damned sure it's to do with outrun bay. Originally you need 160 stars. then you download the dlc and its 168. So maybe it screws it up. Maybe you only had to beat hard ghosts? I can only guess at this point thanks to the terrible descriptions for achievements.

Anyhoo guys beat outrun bay. easiest ghost ever they seriously didnt even try you can beat it on the first lap for god sake it has to be easy. that should (in theory) means you can get 8 golds and still have 160 ghosts. Then factor in getting it early. Means you can pick and choose :3 (and not have to do billy hatchers and golden axe)
Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Bolt Rider

Send a message via AIM to Bolt Rider Send a message via MSN to Bolt Rider

Alex the Bolt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sadly this glitch isn't affecting me at all, I've beaten 150 out of the 168 ghosts and no achievement. My rank is triple star now though, which I guess is something.

Bolt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
GesterX

GesterX's Gamercard
I was just about to post this except I got REALLY lucky and it unlocked after 36 staff ghosts beaten.

I was trying to beat the Sunshine Tour Mirror ghost, after about half an hour of trying I finally beat it (Sonic - Standard Mod) and the achievement popped and it also gave me the sticker. Perhaps it's related to certain ghosts/tracks?

On a side note DAM that ghost was hard! I had to post a top 5 time to beat him!
GesterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Didn't work for me... I'v now beaten 128 ghosts (all hard ghosts and a few platinum)

My game completion is at 85% now.

Last edited by MadDragon360; 11-24-2012 at 02:39 AM.
MadDragon360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GesterX View Post
I was just about to post this except I got REALLY lucky and it unlocked after 36 staff ghosts beaten.

I was trying to beat the Sunshine Tour Mirror ghost, after about half an hour of trying I finally beat it (Sonic - Standard Mod) and the achievement popped and it also gave me the sticker. Perhaps it's related to certain ghosts/tracks?

On a side note DAM that ghost was hard! I had to post a top 5 time to beat him!
This is the glitch!

I just beat the expert ghost on Sunshine Tour Mirror, using Sonic with the Standard mod, and ding! achievement unlocked!

Big thanks for the info.

ps. They should leave this glitch, because you deserve an achievement for beating that ghost! lol

Last edited by MadDragon360; 11-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Fortinbras

Gaschman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDragon360 View Post
This is the glitch!

I just beat the expert ghost on Sunshine Tour Mirror, using Sonic with the Standard mod, and ding! achievement unlocked!

Big thanks for the info.

ps. They should leave this glitch, because you deserve an achievement for beating that ghost! lol
Didn't work for me. I already got platinum on that track and the achievement didn't unlock for me.
Fortinbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortinbras View Post
Didn't work for me. I already got platinum on that track and the achievement didn't unlock for me.
You probably didn't use sonic with his standard mod.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Quote:
This is the glitch!

Big thanks for the info.

Holy crap that's actually when mine unlocked. I managed to get gold on it and really struggled. Beat it easily with sonic and ding. Strange isn't it?
Old 11-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #17
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wong tong View Post
Holy crap that's actually when mine unlocked. I managed to get gold on it and really struggled. Beat it easily with sonic and ding. Strange isn't it?
Yeah, theres all sorts of strange things with this game. Luckily none of them seem to be bad things.

I also have a sticker unlocked for hitting 20 opponents in a race, but when I look at the sticker, the status says 0/20.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
Fortinbras

Gaschman's Gamercard
Quote:
You probably didn't use sonic with his standard mod.
Actually I did. I'm at 131 ghosts now wit 91% completition. (EU Version of the game here.)
Oh well...seems I'm out of luck.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
Alvarez Azel

Alvarez Azel's Gamercard
Quote:
This is the glitch!

Big thanks for the info.

I can also confirm this works.
I just tried it and it took me about 10 minutes to do. you will certainly have to get a top 10 time to beat that wretched ghost though!

So glad this worked as the expert time trials were really the only thing I could never see myself doing as the times they have set will pretty much gurantee you a top 10 time but I just do not have the time or patience to perfect these tracks... especially the Burning Rangers one.

Edit:L also just noticed it was your leaderboard ghost I was up against too, sorry I beat you :]
Alvarez Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Actually I did. I'm at 131 ghosts now wit 91% completition. (EU Version of the game here.)
Oh well...seems I'm out of luck.
Strange. All I can tell you is I had 131 ghosts done. (all hard and 5 expert, including the dlc tracks). Woke up today and thought I'd try Sunshine Tour Mirror, using Sonic with the Standard mod, like mentioned by GesterX, and finally it unlocked.

I have the PAL version. (Limited Edition if that makes any difference).

You sure you used his standard mod? and maybe if you beat the expert ghost with a different character/mod before using sonic+standard mod, you then can't use the glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez Azel View Post
Edit:L also just noticed it was your leaderboard ghost I was up against too, sorry I beat you :]
Lol nps, I don't really care about leader boards anyway.

Last edited by MadDragon360; 11-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
Fortinbras

Gaschman's Gamercard
Quote:
Strange. All I can tell you is I had 131 ghosts done. (all hard and 5 expert, including the dlc tracks). Woke up today and thought I'd try Sunshine Tour Mirror, using Sonic with the Standard mod, like mentioned by GesterX, and finally it unlocked.

I have the PAL version. (Limited Edition if that makes any difference).

You sure you used his standard mod? and maybe if you beat the expert ghost with a different character/mod before using sonic+standard mod, you then can't use the glitch.

Lol nps, I don't really care about leader boards anyway.

Maybe I should try a new save?! Should be faster than beating the 29 remaining expert ghosts.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Quote:
Maybe I should try a new save?! Should be faster than beating the 29 remaining expert ghosts.
I guess it could be worth a shot but i wouldn't bother. Even if you unlock Yokozuna you still need to 100% complete the game for the triple star license achievement which i can tell you for sure is tied to time trial.

I left 3 stages untouched. Had a further 4 stages with only gold ghosts beat. And it unlocked. So just try to beat the easiest ones and leave the toughies. Worth a shot.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Yeah, I'd probably just carry on and get as many time trials done as you can and hope. There might be other track/character combos that trigger the glitch.

If you get your triple star licence and all you need is the time trial achievement, then I'd try backing up your save and trying the glitch on a new save.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, I'd probably just carry on and get as many time trials done as you can and hope. There might be other track/character combos that trigger the glitch.

If you get your triple star licence and all you need is the time trial achievement, then I'd try backing up your save and trying the glitch on a new save.
Don't think that would work. triple star unlocks at no less then 100% completion. Time trial is tied to completion. You'll get yokozuna first. then trip star when you complete some until it decides that's enough for 100%

Last edited by mr wong tong; 11-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #25
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wong tong View Post
Don't think that would work. triple star unlocks at no less then 100% completion. Time trial is tied to completion. You'll get yokozuna first. then trip star when you complete some until it decides that's enough for 100%
Apparently if you complete everything in the game including the dlc time trials, you'll end up with 105% completion. (I haven't completed everything my self, so can't confirm, but thats what I'v heard).

I think it's the free stickers + time trials you get with the dlc that give you the extra %.

Last edited by MadDragon360; 11-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Quote:
Apparently if you complete everything in the game including the dlc time trials, you'll end up with 105% completion. (I haven't completed everything my self, so can't confirm, but thats what I'v heard).

I think it's the free stickers + time trials you get with the dlc that give you the extra %.
That confirms my theory of outrun bay screwing things up. Makes a lot of sense. So you can skip out on a few extreme bots or even stages so use it while you can. They have crap loads to patch anyway (if they do) so no rush.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
I just had it unlock early aswell and I only had 66 / 168 ghosts beaten!
That is 13 tracks finished on expert and 2 tracks finished on hard. I had the Outrun Bay track finished on expert and I was just experting Sunshine Tour with Sonic and pop: Achievement unlocked.
Cobalt Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #28
mugginyouoff

Yeh Sunshine Tour mirror expert ghost is what I beat when it popped. Don't think it was with Sonic though.

Everyone go get your achieves before they patch it!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
Butcher87

I also got "Yokozuna" using MadDragon360's method. Weird, lol.
Butcher87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
Bolt Rider

Send a message via AIM to Bolt Rider Send a message via MSN to Bolt Rider

Alex the Bolt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yes! When I beat Sunshine Tour Mirror's Expert with Sonic, it popped for me also! Phew.

Bolt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote