PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #61
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
try the patch thread. from what it sounds like, this is a glitch occurring in a number of levels and most likely will fuck your whole game, as you can't get all the treasures/kits or the 100%
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #62
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook8604 View Post
I got the Unlock Characters achievement without the blacksmith but with lurtz(newborn)...don't know how but letting you know that it may be possible to get that one from using codes...

I need to know how to fix my issue of Dead Marshes saying I need one chest, showing the arrow where it is (which is the Legolas arrow to targetsx3) but when I take care of what need I only get a coin not the chest.... looking like no completion for me unless you guys can help cause I"ve tried a few things to no avail
I personally got the unlock characters achievement the OPPOSITE way, with lurtz (newborn) not counting, but the blacksmith unlocking it. I think it just depends who you get last (with the last character not being needed), or must be different for some people.

And it sounds like you may be experiencing the infamous glitch of minikits not being counted... investigate it more with the thread on this board by SpongebobRoundpants that I've linked in the guide, otherwise... you may need to start over. :/

Author of the Lego Lord of the Rings Achievement Guide & Road Map

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Nixemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #63
spook8604

spook8604's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixemo View Post
I personally got the unlock characters achievement the OPPOSITE way, with lurtz (newborn) not counting, but the blacksmith unlocking it. I think it just depends who you get last (with the last character not being needed), or must be different for some people.

And it sounds like you may be experiencing the infamous glitch of minikits not being counted... investigate it more with the thread on this board by SpongebobRoundpants that I've linked in the guide, otherwise... you may need to start over. :/
I got it to "reset" in a sense. I played straight through the story and then straight thru the free play. It still showed I needed the kit at that section. But the one I truly needed was after the cut-scene. It was where you dig out the mini-kit, it didn't register before the "reset". So now I have full completion, finally!
spook8604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #64
TuomasAntti

TuomasAntti's Gamercard
Are all the quests that require mithril treasures the ones that give you a red brick? I was just wondering if it would be possible to have one quest left, requiring a mithril item, but you can't forge it as the one last brick you need is the one you get after completing the quest?
TuomasAntti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #65
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuomasAntti View Post
Are all the quests that require mithril treasures the ones that give you a red brick? I was just wondering if it would be possible to have one quest left, requiring a mithril item, but you can't forge it as the one last brick you need is the one you get after completing the quest?
Yes, I believe I put it somewhere in the guide. The quests for forged Mithril items from designs give you a red brick to purchase whereas the quests for a specific treasure from a chapter give you a Mithril Brick. Therefore, you will never run into the problem you described. Speaking of problems though, the game can be very glitchy in other aspects, so be sure to view the topic I linked about glitches as well as various others on the board.

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #66
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Offline 48/1000? That's a lot of achievements for one game.....

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #67
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
Offline 48/1000? That's a lot of achievements for one game.....
It means 48 achievements and 1000 gamerscore, but I'm guessing you're kidding.

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #68
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Just popped in to say, you really need to changed the glitches achievements tag in the original roadmap, as the treasure glitch is happening to a lot of people and is game breaking.

One of the most important parts of any roadmap is knowing glitches before hand.

good detailed guide overall though.
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #69
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Just popped in to say, you really need to changed the glitches achievements tag in the original roadmap, as the treasure glitch is happening to a lot of people and is game breaking.

One of the most important parts of any roadmap is knowing glitches before hand.

good detailed guide overall though.
I think I will mention the game being glitched there, but there isn't truly any glitched ACHIEVEMENTS, just a glitched game in general in terms of collectibles.

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #70
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriEyeD View Post
Did you defeat the Troll or Save and Quit right when the Troll battle began. I have tried entering and exiting the level during free play to get the achievement with no luck. Just wondering if there is something else I am suppose to try. Thanks
If what you're saying here is correct, the reason the achievement will not pop for you even using this method is because you're trying it in Free Play and not Story Mode.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #71
Dyno ZD

Dyno ZD's Gamercard
Achievements seem ok and the game actually looks pretty fun.. Might have to pick this up at some point
Dyno ZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #72
DeliriEyeD

TheWalkinDude85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
If what you're saying here is correct, the reason the achievement will not pop for you even using this method is because you're trying it in Free Play and not Story Mode.
When I originally tried I had not even unlocked free play yet. I still haven't gotten the achievement and I am working on the rest of the game in free play now.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #73
M4STER BAWS

M4STER BAWS's Gamercard
thanks for the guide it realy help
M4STER BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #74
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
...you'll fight several Oliphaunts which resemble- you guessed it, elephants.
I thought this was an Olyphant?

Last edited by TealPavelski; 12-29-2012 at 05:05 PM.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #75
Maximus MLG

Maximus MLG's Gamercard
Great guide, very helpful.
Maximus MLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #76
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
We cannot linger. - 10

Complete 'The Mines of Moria' in under 15 minutes.

This achievement can only be earned on the fifth story chapter, The Mines of Moria.

Normally this achievement would be quite a challenge, as 'The Mines of Moria is a fairly long level to complete in under 15 minutes.

However, this achievement is exploitable. Simply enter the level in story mode, immediately press start, and save and exit, and the achievement will unlock. The game senses that you 'completed' the level in under 15 minutes, even though you just exited the level.

If the exploit is not unlocking the achievement for you, try to earn it legitimately. The opposite also applies; it seems that if one method doesn't work for you specifically, the other will. Regardless of method used, this MUST be done in story mode.
I think this solution should be edited to say:

"You must first complete the level in Story mode, then replay the level in Story mode again (NOT Free Play), skip the cutscenes, collect a few studs, and only then will you be given the option to 'Save & Quit'. If you exit the level the first time you play Story mode, or you do not collect a few studs the second time, you will just exit back to Middle-earth and it will not save."

You left that important piece out...

Also, you should add the bit about the patch on 12/20/12 fixing this exploit:

"A patch released on 12/20/12 fixes this exploit and now is unattainable if you've downloaded the update. To correct this, clear your cache and restart the game. When it prompts you to download the update, decline it and you will play offline. You can then use the exploit to unlock the achievement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 01-04-2013 at 05:33 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #77
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
I think this solution should be edited to say:

"You must first complete the level in Story mode, then replay the level in Story mode again (NOT Free Play), skip the cutscenes, collect a few studs, and only then will you be given the option to 'Save & Quit'. If you exit the level the first time you play Story mode, or you do not collect a few studs the second time, you will just exit back to Middle-earth and it will not save."

You left that important piece out...

Also, you should add the bit about the patch on 12/20/12 fixing this exploit:

"A patch released on 12/20/12 fixes this exploit and now is unattainable if you've downloaded the update. To correct this, clear your cache and restart the game. When it prompts you to download the update, decline it and you will play offline. You can then use the exploit to unlock the achievement."
Hey thanks a lot, I like your wording. I'm going to copy it close to verbatim but will credit you.

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #78
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Hey thanks a lot, I like your wording. I'm going to copy it close to verbatim but will credit you.
Thanks. I appreciate it. The reason why I posted this is because I tried for like 10 minutes to get this before I completed the Mines and thought I was doing something wrong. After a little research, I read that you had to finish the level first in order to do this.

Like I said, a minor yet important piece to the solution.

Quote:
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #79
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org LEGO Lord of the Rings Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Extra Life 2014 - Play Games. Help Kids. | Backloggery
What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes...
ALL HAIL FRANCIS!

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #80
EFE Assassin

Since the update I couldn't do this, but I just deleted the update an played offline an it took a few seconds an the achiv popped after i saved and quit

I'm glad to be with you. - 10
Complete a level in co-op.

The game has no online, so this will need to be done locally with a second controller. You can either play through an entire chapter with two players, or if you're doing it alone, have the second player jump in right before the level ends, the achievement will unlock regardless. I've even discovered by accident that you can simply start up a chapter and save and exit with two people; this one can't get much easier. Regardless of method used, this MUST be done in story mode.

EFE Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #81
Richard555

Does the "Worth greater than the Shire" achievement have to be in all Mithril items to receive or can they be in any won item? I didn't notice it on your list.
Richard555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #82
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard555 View Post
Does the "Worth greater than the Shire" achievement have to be in all Mithril items to receive or can they be in any won item? I didn't notice it on your list.
You must not be reading the guide correctly then...

Quote:
Worth greater than the Shire. - 10
Dress a character completely in treasure items.

You can unlock this achievement while in a chapter or Middle Earth. Dressing a character completely means covering their head, chest, hands, and feet with treasure items. Both forged Mithril treasures and treasures found within story chapters will work for this achievement. You can use all of one or the another, or any combination of the two.

To clothe your character, press and hold and select fifth circle going clockwise. Find a treasure for your head, chest, hands, and feet and equip them all. I personally got this achievement with the Sun Hat, Wooden Armor, Mithril Boxing Gloves, and the Decorative Horseshoes, but as stated earlier, any treasures will do.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #83
stefb42

stefb42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Don't tell the elf achievement guide,it's B to pick up Gimli not X as you've stated,i kept trying X and breaking him apart lol, small oversight in a big guide i know,i thought you might just like to know, great guide btw
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #84
eragon3443
Banned User

SpecOperations9's Gamercard
I have all the map stones in the list, but no achievement.
eragon3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #85
stefb42

stefb42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
when you find 1 stone it puts the rest on your map,fast travel to each one and activate it with b,you probably just haven't activated one of them
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #86
idiotinblu

Thanks for the guide - helpful to get through everything.
idiotinblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #87
Sullivan4

Sullivan4's Gamercard
Delved Too Greedily...

Not sure if this method has been found or not, but I've uploaded a video to get quick and easy studs on the Helm's Deep level. Possible to get all 10 billion studs in 35 minutes.

Good for those of you in post game who can't be arsed to go back through and play all the levels again!

http://youtu.be/CwqOwluguQE
Sullivan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #88
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
Great guide!

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #89
edm360

Great guide. Thanks!

"One does not simply" - best achievement ever!
edm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #90
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
Games been out for awhile are the multiplier cheats other than x2 still not public yet?