Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
stonedsoldier

IILewisII1984II's Gamercard
Infinite Bank Space Glitch

1- make sure bank is FULL.
2- press X to open bank.
3- press RB once to enter the backpack section.
4- select the top item in backpack (this will not be the item moving to bank)
5- press left on the dpad ONCE.
6- press down on the dpad ONCE.
7- press right on the dpad ONCE.
8- select any item other then the top item which is already selected.
Thats it! the second item you select at the end of the process, will be moved from backpack to bank EVEN when your bank is full. I have a bank with one character thats holding HUNDREDS of items.
Ive had other people try this glitch to verify that it works on all consoles/systems, and that NOTHING is required. you can do this at ANYTIME with ANY character PERIOD.

Enjoy having unlimited bank space once you figure this out!

UPDATE:
you do not have to select the "top" back pack item, you can select any item your not moving, move your cursor over to the bank side, then back to the backpack side, and select the weapon you want added to the bank. its kind of like swapping an item in your back pack for another item in your back pack, except you have to let the cursor go to the bank side and then back to the back pack side. try it, its SIMPLE!
NOTE: you cannot move the very last item in your back pack into the bank.

Last edited by stonedsoldier; 11-27-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: UPDATE!
stonedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
tigersrule

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
But what happens to all of your items when they eventually patch this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

tigersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Doubtful, that kind of patch would have to lock your bank, and that's unlikely to happen. It would have to forcefully delete inventory space that it can handle normally (moreso because that's how you smuggle hard modded weapons in).

Regardless this is one of those glitches that would just irritate more people than appease them, and if Bioware can condone a reload bypass to make shitty guns in their games work, Gearbox can probably settle for people fixing their inventory bullshit for them temporarily.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator950 View Post
Doubtful, that kind of patch would have to lock your bank, and that's unlikely to happen. It would have to forcefully delete inventory space that it can handle normally (moreso because that's how you smuggle hard modded weapons in).

Regardless this is one of those glitches that would just irritate more people than appease them, and if Bioware can condone a reload bypass to make shitty guns in their games work, Gearbox can probably settle for people fixing their inventory bullshit for them temporarily.
Reload Bypass? Reload canceling is an intended mechanic, but back to the main topic I could also use more room.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
douch-bag

inFAMOUS VECS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worked!!! Thanks ALOT needed this badly.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I still don't know why the backpack isn't as big as BL 1 is. And they had a BIG bank in it too.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I still don't know why the backpack isn't as big as BL 1 is. And they had a BIG bank in it too.
Seconded. GB dropped the ball with storage space in this game. Very disappointing.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Seconded. GB dropped the ball with storage space in this game. Very disappointing.
87 BAZZILLION GUNS

itty bitty carrying space
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
87 BAZZILLION GUNS

itty bitty carrying space
I know right? My thoughts exactly, but not sure if your post was sarcasm? lol

Either way, even having 30 slots (I tried what you did and it worked) isn't enough.

Oh yea also forgot to mention, call me crazy but I prefer the way the guns were listed in BL1. A straight up list and then you see the item card on the right. I just prefer lists and not images.

Last edited by Nevander; 11-26-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
This is why all the kids are modding their backpacks now a days... Darn kids...

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
stonedsoldier

they definitely did kinda screw the pooch on inventory and bank space.
they are supposedly trying to work on a way to improve that, but ill believe it when i see it.
I just figured id share the bank glitch.
as far as them patching it, good luck, it would be more work then its worth to them.
oh, and this bank glitch is NOT more hassle then useful. once you get used to it and get the rhythm down, you can move hundreds of items in minutes.
plus its worth it having unlimited bank space. atleast theres some way we can collect loot all on one character.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
stonedsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by douch-bag View Post
Worked!!! Thanks ALOT needed this badly.

Your welcome man. glad i could help!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I know right? My thoughts exactly, but not sure if your post was sarcasm? lol

Either way, even having 30 slots (I tried what you did and it worked) isn't enough.

Oh yea also forgot to mention, call me crazy but I prefer the way the guns were listed in BL1. A straight up list and then you see the item card on the right. I just prefer lists and not images.
It wasn't sarcasm. It was just a revised joke from this,

Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Hunter_D86

Leck Meine Eier's Gamercard
Just as a heads up don't do it with Clap Trap's stash as it will forcefully delete the extra stuff once you leave the inventory screen. But the regular bank works.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
stonedsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_D86 View Post
Just as a heads up don't do it with Clap Trap's stash as it will forcefully delete the extra stuff once you leave the inventory screen. But the regular bank works.
absolutely right. this is a bank ONLY glitch. i have tried clap traps stash, as well as trying to use the reverse effect of the bank glitch to overload my backpack, these methods DO NOT WORK. this glitch works only with your bank, you do not need the bank upgrades or anything. anyone can use this at any time, whether your in sanctuary or clap traps place. im really glad to see that this glitch is spreading so fast. again... enjoy the unlimited bank space!

Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Nice! Definately gonna use this. Don't get me wrong, I've been using a sub tag for storage but my Borderlands 1 charcters had 68 backpack space as well as the 50 bank in Moxi's and 27 just doesn't cut it even for storage. This type of glitch reminds me of the old game developers codes that used to left in 'by accident' after testing that eventually came to be know as cheat codes, lol. You just don't see many of them anymore, without "Will lock achievements" added into the mix.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsoldier View Post
1- make sure bank is FULL.
2- press X to open bank.
3- press RB once to enter the backpack section.
4- select the top item in backpack (this will not be the item moving to bank)
5- press left on the dpad ONCE.
6- press down on the dpad ONCE.
7- press right on the dpad ONCE.
8- select any item other then the top item which is already selected.
Thats it! the second item you select at the end of the process, will be moved from backpack to bank EVEN when your bank is full. I have a bank with one character thats holding HUNDREDS of items.
Ive had other people try this glitch to verify that it works on all consoles/systems, and that NOTHING is required. you can do this at ANYTIME with ANY character PERIOD.

Enjoy having unlimited bank space once you figure this out!

UPDATE:
you do not have to select the "top" back pack item, you can select any item your not moving, move your cursor over to the bank side, then back to the backpack side, and select the weapon you want added to the bank. its kind of like swapping an item in your back pack for another item in your back pack, except you have to let the cursor go to the bank side and then back to the back pack side. try it, its SIMPLE!
NOTE: you cannot move the very last item in your back pack into the bank.
Kudos to explaining this via text. Whenever I do drops of guns for people I try to walk them through it and sometimes they just don't understand it haha. I've been doing this glitch for awhile now, it's been a life saver that's for sure. I learned from this glitch on se7ensins.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
Ollie Flatts

Ollie Flatts's Gamercard
Huge thanks to StonedSoldier for telling me about this and even bigger shout out for giving me more guns than I know what to do with too very cool gamer
Ollie Flatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
You know, as useful as this may be (especially considering the number of legendaries I dupe on a near-daily basis), I think I'll stick with my offline pack-mule profile. Been doing it for awhile, and there's no fear of losing all those goods (unless some fuckstick decides to delete the profile, which is unlikely :P)!
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
Bubblesz

bubblesz's Gamercard
I'm loving this bank glitch thanks. I found that you only need to tap right on the d-pad once instead of left, down, right. Small upgrade to a great glitch.
Bubblesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
stonedsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
You know, as useful as this may be (especially considering the number of legendaries I dupe on a near-daily basis), I think I'll stick with my offline pack-mule profile. Been doing it for awhile, and there's no fear of losing all those goods (unless some fuckstick decides to delete the profile, which is unlikely :P)!
too bad you cant lose all your stuff, gearbox themselves have known about this glitch since the game was first released, the only way you will ever lose your stuff or this glitch, is if gearbox removes the entire bank system from the game. so you can hoard on multitudes of characters, as i also have, but other people might like the ability to hoard on one. it is also a good way to pick up a lot of loot that's being duped for you and store it all right away without the fear of losing it before you get a chance to look through it all.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
stonedsoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblesz View Post
I'm loving this bank glitch thanks. I found that you only need to tap right on the d-pad once instead of left, down, right. Small upgrade to a great glitch.
you also do not have to pick the "top" item first. i knew that bro, i just put it in more dummy proof instructions cuz people didn't seem to get it otherwise. all you really have to do is pick an item you don't wanna bank, move the cursor back to backpack and pick another and there ya go its banked. good job figuring that out on your own but its def. not an upgrade to the glitch as it is already known by the people that use it regularly. actually on my form post on trueachievements i updated it an hour after it was posted and explained this to people, guess i should have done that here too so people don't think they found some way to better what is already the best glitch in the game. no offense to you and i'm glad you figured this out on your own.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
Extremistx

EXTREMIST x's Gamercard
Question

Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works post patch?
Extremistx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremistx View Post
Can anyone confirm that this glitch still works post patch?
yeah it does
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
heavydwayne

heavydwayne's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBO1 View Post
yeah it does
I heard that this glitch it almost un-patchable because of the coding in the bank system. They would basically have to re-write the whole code and a developer said it would take way to much time and money to fix it and they're not willing to do so.
heavydwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:40 AM   #26
Captain Dude77

Captain Dude77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydwayne View Post
I heard that this glitch it almost un-patchable because of the coding in the bank system. They would basically have to re-write the whole code and a developer said it would take way to much time and money to fix it and they're not willing to do so.
It's almost un-patchable? Then I guess I might need to use the bank glitch to store lots of guns that I don't want so I can sell 'em for lots of cash. That's a quick way for fast money.
Captain Dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
heavydwayne

heavydwayne's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dude77 View Post
It's almost un-patchable? Then I guess I might need to use the bank glitch to store lots of guns that I don't want so I can sell 'em for lots of cash. That's a quick way for fast money.
I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic about selling guns for cash. Sounds a little sarcastic.

regardless.

Personally, I haven't had time to use every single gun out there. Also, the ones you find and like sometimes have different elements on the same model gun.(conference call, Infinity Pistol, Babymaker, etc...) and when you want to keep the shock, acid, fire, explosion and slag of that weapon because each element helps defeat certain enemies, the bank fills up quick. I have one character that basically has all the weapons I like or haven't used yet, but since im paranoid, i also have dummy characters with the weapons just in case it gets patched. Even though i was told it cant be patched, you just never know for sure.
heavydwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #28
Captain Dude77

Captain Dude77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydwayne View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic about selling guns for cash. Sounds a little sarcastic.

regardless.

Personally, I haven't had time to use every single gun out there. Also, the ones you find and like sometimes have different elements on the same model gun.(conference call, Infinity Pistol, Babymaker, etc...) and when you want to keep the shock, acid, fire, explosion and slag of that weapon because each element helps defeat certain enemies, the bank fills up quick. I have one character that basically has all the weapons I like or haven't used yet, but since im paranoid, i also have dummy characters with the weapons just in case it gets patched. Even though i was told it cant be patched, you just never know for sure.
True, since I'll never know what might happen to the bank glitch one day.
Captain Dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #29
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
Been doing it for awhile, and there's no fear of losing all those goods (unless some fuckstick decides to delete the profile, which is unlikely :P)!
Or unless your fucking hard drive decides to be a piece of shit and wipes itself out. It's happened to me and a friend. I've lost over 7 years of saves and content, most of which I can't get back because of how they were tied to Live events and certain games you can no longer get. Best advice is to save your profile on Cloud.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #30
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
Or unless your fucking hard drive decides to be a piece of shit and wipes itself out. It's happened to me and a friend. I've lost over 7 years of saves and content, most of which I can't get back because of how they were tied to Live events and certain games you can no longer get. Best advice is to save your profile on Cloud.
I keep seeing you post about how pissed you are about your hard drive dying on various sub-forums and I say this to you. I would be just as angry and bitter as you are sir.