PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which is harder to complete?
Halo (LEGENDARY) 90 66.67%
Call of Duty (VETERAN) 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Harder? Call of Duty (Veteran) or Halo (Legendary)

Which does everyone think is harder? Call of Duty levels on Veteran or Halo campaign levels on Legendary?

I have played and been able to beat a few of the COD games on Veteran. Some levels were very very hard, but none that I couldnt eventually finish.

I have played some Halo levels on Legendary but overall it seems like Halo to me is overall just harder on the hardest level.

Does anyone agree or think that the COD games are harder? (and yes I know its kinda hard to compare all games in a series to one in comparison to overall difficulty)

EDIT: Sorry if there is a thread about this already...I tried to fine one but couldnt

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, I've not played Halo on Legendary, or Halo for that matter. But 4 years ago, me and a friend completed CoD 2 and 4 on his profile on Veteran. Was quite easy to be honest.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Call of Duty without a doubt is harder on Veteran than Halo's Legendary. I've never once had an issue doing Legendary in all of the Halo games. Halo 2 was a little tough but still not to bad. The older COD's were tough. COD2/4/WAW.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Call of Duty absolutely. Just try to do Call of Duty 2 on Veteran and compare it to Halo 3 on Legendary. You wouldn't even need a poll for that argument

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Man I've gotta say Halo. Never have a problem with CoD but sometimes run into annoying aspects that hinder my success with halo titles.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Grenade of Duty...that's the only thing that makes the CoD games difficult at higher difficulties imo. I still have NO idea where the enemies get all those damn grenades from. It's usually followed boy "hey, I'll throw one back. wait, I don't have any -.-"

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It depends which version of each franchise you are playing. Also, Halo can be played MP while CoD (generally) cannot. I think overall CoD is less forgiving and certainly where you have infinite enemy spawns it can be a very daunting task and there are always timed missions to contend with.

Halo doesn't have any of these issues, so I guess I have to say CoD.

For the record... solo Halo, Halo 3, Reach, ODST, Halo 4, CoD 2, MW, MW2 and MW3

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Grenade of Duty...that's the only thing that makes the CoD games difficult at higher difficulties imo. I still have NO idea where the enemies get all those damn grenades from. It's usually followed boy "hey, I'll throw one back. wait, I don't have any -.-"
lol WaW, im sure everybody agrees the nade spam on that game was awful. For that game though, i would argue that its not so much "difficult" as it is cheap. i don't have the patience for that shit.

Overall, i would say Halo is more difficult on legendary. In Halo the enemies are much more strategic, stronger enemies have energy shields. The Jackal snipers on legendary were always a pain, not to mention master chief usually has some crazy mission to complete. He is pretty much expected to win the war single handed, assuming you're not playing co-op.

CoD veteran can be pretty hard on some titles, but in my experience i just end up playing peek a boo behind cover for half an hour. its rather boring and kind of frustrating when a bunch of enemies are playing hide and go seek around me, i have to keep ducking up and down "snapping" onto targets. that's another thing i forgot, that feature makes CoD campaign VERY easy..
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
kinoo1

kinoo1's Gamercard
I don't know about old CODs as I have played them on PC not X360.
But the new ones (MW2, MW3, BO and especially BO2) are easier for me than Halo.
Also I noticed that COD difficulty is dropping for me (MW3 was easier than BO and BO2 was easier than both), whereas Halo keeps pretty much similar difficulty.
The only thing easier with Halo is that they don't have any infinite spawn points, which are super frustrating in CODs. Apart from that I lost way more hair on Halo games .

I think it's mostly due to shields in Halo.
In CODs you can stay behind cover and dispose of your enemies from far away with headshots or just 2-3 body shots. You can't do that with Elites and Knights, cause they will get to cover before you take down their shields, you have to get in closer and then all it takes is one Grunt with a Plasma and you're done.
Also CODs don't have enemies like Hunters and you don't deal with vehicles like Wraiths.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

This is such a shame, CoD used to be so much harder back in the day. Now its just too easy..

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
kinoo1

kinoo1's Gamercard
oh and one more thing: in Halo you have more missions where you're alone with no AI companions.
As stupid as COD companions might be, they still provide some help.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Grenade of Duty
Quoted for truth.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinoo1 View Post
Also CODs don't have enemies like Hunters and you don't deal with vehicles like Wraiths.
didn't think of that, another good point. although sometimes CoD might throw a heli or BTR you're way, i wouldn't say those are anywhere near as difficult to take down as a wraith. on legendary, oh my those things are very cheap, like aim bot accuracy from across the mission. Hunters i usually don't have a problem with, in fact i killed two melee with no ammo once. as long as your strafe and get behind them, i see too many people try to just waste 5+ clips shooting at its armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post
This is such a shame, CoD used to be so much harder back in the day. Now its just too easy..
agreed, unfortunately i cannot speak for any title before CoD4. But since that game, IMO the difficulty has gone down with each installment. it took me quite a while to beat all those missions on veteran, and i was fairly proud when i got my 100%. although maybe that has more to do with improving at CoD, back when CoD4 was popular i spent most of my time on halo3.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

I don't play Halo on legendary enough to make a decision and I've only completed 2 vet campaigns and that was 4 and MW3. I hear Halo 2 has the hardest legendary campaign though.

I guess it comes down to different factors really, like having to deal with "overpowered" weapons, grenades, vehicles, the amount of enemies and how you have to approach the situation on hand.

I'd probably say they're both as hard as each other. Slightly leaning towards the CoD series in terms of difficulty. The amount of rage I went through completing 4 was enough to make me consider suicide.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #15
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinoo1 View Post
oh and one more thing: in Halo you have more missions where you're alone with no AI companions.
As stupid as COD companions might be, they still provide some help.
You don't need AI help in Halo, it's not hard enough to ever need it.

Plus you used all the easy Call of Duty games in your other post...COD2/4/WAW are the tough ones, MW2 and up are easy.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I voted Halo, though Call of Duty is pretty tough too in my opinion.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #17
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Definitely Halo on Legendary. On CoD veteran, it's made for solo play, but Halo legendary, it's an honor to have done it solo.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Halo Legendary is harder, but only by a bit. I personaly don't have major issues with either except with the earlier games.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
The latest cods are really easy (blops 2, MW2, MW3) but I agree that the older ones are really difficult. I only have COD 4, WaW and COD 3 of the old ones but tbh I struggled on normal difficulty. Halo 3/Reach is pretty difficult on legendary alone but I have not died as much on halo as I have on the whole campaign of World at war (I got the Purple Heart achievement legitimately).
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Foxxy kyle

RemoveObama96's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
The older CoD's are no doubt harder. Once MW2 hit though, they became a lot easier.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Is this with both played solo? Cause you could coop World at War and you can coop all Halo campaigns.

Older Call of Duties vs Halo at the time: Call of Duty
Newer Call of Duties vs Halo now: ???

I haven't played any of the new Call of Duties. If what people say though I'd probably have to go with Halo. Although the Halo 4 campaign was easy as well.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #22
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
It all depends on what you mean by 'Harder.' Halo legendary is often hard because the AI can be ruthless if you make a mistake, so it's often about trying to outsmart your enemies with a certain risk and reward element. COD is difficult in that there are often areas that make it extremely frustrating when you have to run to the next checkpoint while avoiding infinite grenades which is more luck based. So based on skill i would say Halo is harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #23
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Call of Duty absolutely. Just try to do Call of Duty 2 on Veteran and compare it to Halo 3 on Legendary. You wouldn't even need a poll for that argument
Call of duty 2 was a cake walk, have no clue what you're on about.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
HT Viper II

HT Viper II's Gamercard
Halo 2 on legendary very difficult. I have never had much trouble with the call of duty series, but screw the "mile high club" from CoD4. That took a while. For me, I'd say that the Halo series is more difficult, but Halo 4 was easy.
HT Viper II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
kinoo1

kinoo1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
You don't need AI help in Halo, it's not hard enough to ever need it.

Plus you used all the easy Call of Duty games in your other post...COD2/4/WAW are the tough ones, MW2 and up are easy.
That was sort of my point: Halo IMO is consistantly difficult, whereas CODs are getting easier.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
J0nd03

JOndO3's Gamercard
knights in halo 4 with their one shot teleport melee kill, so much frustration. BlOps 2 is relaxing in comparison. I never had any problems with any previous CODs
J0nd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #27
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
As much as I like Halo, I'd have to say that COD is usually harder on Veteran compared to Halo's Legendary.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
The Pandamic

the pandamic's Gamercard
Completed a few COD games on VET, Halo however, still not a single one (alone)

The Pandamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

My vote goes to Call of Duty on Veteran only because of the constantly-respawning enemies in older games and up to World at War. Halo never had that; you clear a room and move on, not clear that wave and hope to make it before the next group spawns from the ether.

Before anyone calls me a fanboy, I've beat Halo 2, 3, Wars (doesn't really count), ODST and Reach on legendary Solo, and Modern Warfare 2 and 3 on Veteran.

Personally I think BioShock on Hard is more difficult than both of these games.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (12/19/2014) 114

Games 100%: 103
Latest: Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush

Working on:
World of Tanks (650/700)
Assassin's Creed IV (455/1250)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

I assume you mean playing single player, right? Cause it doesn't count if you beat Halo on Legendary if you do it co-op.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote