PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which is harder to complete?
Halo (LEGENDARY) 90 66.67%
Call of Duty (VETERAN) 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #61
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I'd say Halo on Legendary based on my lack of played Halo games and the fact that CoD on Veteran seems to be getting easier with each new game.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #62
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Depends, the older Call of Duty titles (Pre MW2) were hard on Veteran but now not so much. Halo is solid but nothing unreasonable, though Prometheans drive me nuts.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #63
neremic16

GoSxSigma's Gamercard
I gotta say Halo legendary is harder than Call Of Duty Veteran, beaten al the new CoD(other than BO2) on veteran and no where near as hard as Halo Legendary. Granted the older CoD games might be harder I'm just speaking from expierence.
neremic16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #64
laundryman

Send a message via AIM to laundryman

a laundryman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Call of Duty 2 on veteran might be one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Halo on Legendary is difficult no doubt, but never to the point where I don't think I can beat it.

Call of Duty, on the other hand has made me give up quite a lot.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #65
Ryda34563

Ryda34562's Gamercard
Bit of a 50/50 but I have to say Halo's Legendary on solo can be annoying, I mean in CoD its hard but atleast you can 1-hit kill an enemy with a headshot and you that you also have people assisting you in more or less each level.
Ryda34563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #66
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Halo on easy is harder than Bioshock on Hard.

Maybe not try saying that WITHOUT dying on Very Hard he he.

COD isnt as hard as it once was. Almost everyone I know have 100%ed MW2,Black Ops,so forth. I 100%ed World at War twice. First time was a nightmare stuck on Heart of the reich for 2 months straight trying every night. Second time 100%ed on 360 in less then a week. Maybe I am good at FPS games anymore LOL

Back when I was a lil kid I beat Medal of Honor Rising Sun on veteran. Now that was HARD. No AI friends to help you out. Gosh Medal of Honor was amazing. (MOH 2010 was great SP wise,online sucked,hope Warfighter is good haven't played it yet)

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 01-18-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #67
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
Definitely Halo on Legendary. Unlike in CoD, a couple bullets don't kill the enemies in Halo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #68
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
it depends on which game....WAW was a nightmare and till this day I can't beat it.

so WAW > All Halos > The rest of COD.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #69
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
it depends on which game....WAW was a nightmare and till this day I can't beat it.

so WAW > All Halos > The rest of COD.
Move closer to me. I'll beat it for you in a heartbeat.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #70
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Move closer to me. I'll beat it for you in a heartbeat.
damm....I've re-bought the game 4 times thinking "this time I will own you" only to sell it back on eBay 4 days later.

I grew up in the Bronx and Walkill NY....so maybe I'll make a trip out there to visit some family.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #71
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Just finished Halo 4 solo on legendary and I stand by my vote of Halo being harder (just by a bit.) With the recent CoD games, you can pretty much run through the game in a couple of hours, rush through each level and barely get stuck.

Black Ops 2 on veteran took me about 3 hours where as Halo 4 took me a good 12+ just to give an idea. This makes Halo a lot more enjoyable and a decent challenge for most non Halo veteran players. The earlier CoD games were probably in par with the current Halo games (Halo 3, Reach, ODST, 4 etc.)

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #72
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Just finished Halo 4 solo on legendary and I stand by my vote of Halo being harder (just by a bit.) With the recent CoD games, you can pretty much run through the game in a couple of hours, rush through each level and barely get stuck.

Black Ops 2 on veteran took me about 3 hours where as Halo 4 took me a good 12+ just to give an idea. This makes Halo a lot more enjoyable and a decent challenge for most non Halo veteran players. The earlier CoD games were probably in par with the current Halo games (Halo 3, Reach, ODST, 4 etc.)
so how log did it take you on World at War?

Overall the Halo games are more difficult.....but damm...WAW....what a bitch.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #73
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
damm....I've re-bought the game 4 times thinking "this time I will own you" only to sell it back on eBay 4 days later.

I grew up in the Bronx and Walkill NY....so maybe I'll make a trip out there to visit some family.
Shoot Walkill isn't so far away.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #74
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:

I've 100%ed world at war twice once on ps3 once on 360. The first time I got stuck bad on heart of the Reich took me two months damn grenades I tried to beat it every night for two months that gives you an idea of how hard it was. I wasn't out of the woods yet though the final marine mission after heart of the Reich was a bitch too took me 3 days trying every night to beat it,then there was the terrible sum of all zeros trophy to get. Second time was a cake walk 100%ed the game in 4 days guess I'm a boss anymore at fpss lol

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #75
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:

WAW alone was harder than all the Halo games put together. I hate halo, I'm pretty sure I even suck at it...but every single game has been pretty easy to solo on Legendary.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #76
Lord of Sobek

Lord Of Sobek's Gamercard
Cod seems to be getting easier as the series progress' but there are points in the campaigns that you seem not be able to physically pass and can take a serious amount of time whilst Halo has more frequent checkpoints and the game does not punish you for going slow and picking off enemies one at a time
Lord of Sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #77
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Depends. They both keep getting easier but I'd say CoD in the long run. At least Halo legendary is more skill oriented whereas CoD is grenade spam, cheap deaths, and infinite spawns.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #78
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Anyone who says veteran has obv never done legendary solo. Its difficult. Where as cod I could do blindfolded. Its very easy with the exception of waw

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #79
Melt1ng 1ce

melt1ng 1ce's Gamercard
I believe cod overall as the enemies just nade spam constantly
Melt1ng 1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #80
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Anyone who says veteran has obv never done legendary solo. Its difficult. Where as cod I could do blindfolded. Its very easy with the exception of waw
the poll doesn't say all COD except WAW....COD 3 was pretty difficult as well. Genade spam plus infinite enemy re-spawn > sidestepping elites.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #81
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
the poll doesn't say all COD except WAW....COD 3 was pretty difficult as well. Genade spam plus infinite enemy re-spawn > sidestepping elites.
Lol yea, because smoke grenade > run past the hardest bits in the level is so hard.

I still think Halo is harder than COD, any day of the week.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #82
Fragarach Luin

Jacob Ulysses's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
My vote has to go to the Halo series. They have had their easy moments, like Halo 3 and ODST, but Halo 2 got its reputation for difficulty for a reason, and Halo 4 hasn't disappointed. Sure COD 2 was hard, but it's not a legitimate difficulty, it's more randomized and luck-based. For a long time that was the only COD I'd played, but I just started COD 4 on Veteran, and I got through the first three chapters in about an hour, so I'm not expecting too much. Good game, though, and I'm liking the quick gamerscore.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #83
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
The older Halos were harder on legendary but all of the CoDs seem to be very hard at one point or another so that gets my vote.

Most recent completion - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #84
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

i think the AI in cod is terrible they just dont take cover at all and i just really have no problem with cod veteran difficulty, cod vehicles are easy to deal with.
anyone remember the halo 2 jackal snipers and buggers(drones) they were horrible haha

i will say cod veteran spec ops missions are a nice challenge compared to halo 4 terrible spartan ops

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #85
obmkermit

OBM kermit's Gamercard
I went with COD.

I have more time spent with COD so there is some biased there. You can also have a buddy hop into a game with you for Halo so that changes things a bit.... wish COD had coop...
Old 10-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #86
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by obmkermit View Post
I went with COD.

I have more time spent with COD so there is some biased there. You can also have a buddy hop into a game with you for Halo so that changes things a bit.... wish COD had coop...
try playing halo legendary solo, halo 2 had iron on where 1 person dies you both go back to checkpoint.
hell try halo 3,reach or halo 4 with all skulls on thats just damn near impossible.

and didnt cod waw have co op?

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature

Last edited by Lewie B I ReQ; 10-12-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #87
Puppys
Running Save Mode

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
This is actually a really tough question. You have to compare Legendary solo with Veteran because you cant play COD in coop. COD 3, 4, and World at War were extremely stupid hard at parts. Halo 2 and 4's Legendary difficulties are insane as well. In my opinion, every COD after those three I mentioned were cake, so I'm going with Legendary as being more difficult.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #88
obmkermit

OBM kermit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie B I ReQ View Post
try playing halo legendary solo, halo 2 had iron on where 1 person dies you both go back to checkpoint.
hell try halo 3,reach or halo 4 with all skulls on thats just damn near impossible.

and didnt cod waw have co op?
If we are talking solo you have a good point but again I just havent played enough halo to justify the pick. Everytime I think halo I think coop because it is a lot more fun to hop into a game with a buddy and a couple of beers.

I cant remember if waw had it or not but wish it was something they could add to all of their games across the board.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #89
BiggD
72 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
It genuinely baffles me how people think Halo is hard on Legendary...side stepping enemy attacks, noob-combo and there's no infinite respawn...

Call of Duty gets my vote by default...and those aren't even that bad either

In fact, Call of Duty 2 is easily the only difficult CoD title, in my opinion.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 10-13-2013 at 12:28 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #90
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
Call of duty is definitely way harder than Halo in my eyes.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote