PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Godfather
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
ruck0

Reaching Lvl 50

I finally made it to lvl 50, and I had a hell of a time trying to find any useful info on reaching there, so I came up with this.

1 - It is very time consuming, it will take anywhere from 10 - to 15hrs to reach 50 starting at 49 with no respect.
2 - robbing banks, hijacking trucks, starting a mob war and paying off police is the only way.
3 - after robbing a bank it takes around 48hrs of in game time to repair the bank to heist it again, 48hrs of in game time takes around 50 - 60min of real time.
4 - setup the banks so you can make round trips of all 6 banks in 1 go instead of waiting at each bank to finally be repaired, 6 banks heisted is 48k respect points.
5 - hijacking trucks give you 2k respect and killing the 3 guys that attack you including the guy you interagate gives you between 50 - 250 respect depending on what weapon you use and if you use an execution
6 - bribing cops gives you 250 respect
7 - bribing fbi on a mob war gives you 5k respect
8 - SAVE often, this game is glitchy and freezes, I learned the hard way a few times

What i did was set up the banks every hour or so and made a round trip, then would let the game sit for an hour or so and repeat the banks. Remember that at 12:00 am you get paid and the time doesn't continue until you press A button.

Hope this helps anyway trying to grab the last achievement for this game.
ruck0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #2
Quasipox

Also, you might want to consider buying the three extra Favor missions. They are only 63k Respect, but it helped me a bunch.

Update: Just finished mine. Honestly, the only way to get it is the things that ruck0 mentioned and a little help from the downloadable favors. I set up the banks where I would go: New Jersey, Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Midtown. If the banks were still closed, I jacked trucks near a safe house and just kept at it. It helps to chat with a friend to keep yourself from going insane. Also, a side note; killing the homeless guys gives you 100+ Respect for some reason.

Last edited by Quasipox; 04-14-2007 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Updating Info
Quasipox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #3
Fat Gaz 666

Fat Gaz YM's Gamercard
another usefull tip is to buy all the clothes in the tailor shop theres a good 50k just waiting to be taken
Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Does anyone know about how many experience points it takes to actually get to level 50?

I saw someone say around 800k but was wondering if there is an exact number or if it is somewhere around there.

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
|oneyedNewb|

Anger Monkey UK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
bribing police officers work too apparently.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
stronglikepepsi

StrongLikePepsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
Does anyone know about how many experience points it takes to actually get to level 50?

I saw someone say around 800k but was wondering if there is an exact number or if it is somewhere around there.
I don't know the exact number but it's A LOT more than 800k. If I remember correctly just becoming Don of NYC gave me like 600k. If it was only 800k we'd all be 50's by now!
stronglikepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
Lord Brutal

Lord Brutal's Gamercard
Also there are usually some dancing women at your safehouse, you can either flirt or make a move at the one wearing red and it gives you 250 respect.
Lord Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
completing all the execution styles is worth a lot of respect too. [edit]100k, just got it tonight.

Last edited by arachnophilia; 02-03-2008 at 08:53 AM.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I found by doing everything that was avalible in the game;

- Missions
- Hits (with all the bonuses completed)
- Favours (including the three free downloads)
- Execution Styles
- Becoming the Don of NYC
- Buy Everything from the shop (around 50k exp) - Thanks Slice0226

And anything else you need to do for achievements, you'll get to the end with level 49 and be about half way to 50, this will require around 7 or 8 bank runs (robbing all six banks), and due to the banks taking a long time to respawn (around an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours) this is a very time consuming achievement.

A real shame they added this achievement as it really made the last hours you spend with the game trully drag on.

Last edited by Demon9Tom; 02-03-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Adding More Infromation
Demon9Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #10
Slice0226

Slice0226's Gamercard

Buy everthing from the Shop too, you get respect

I also have another account, xHGK 09,

Slice0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #11
stronglikepepsi

StrongLikePepsi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon9Tom View Post
I found by doing everything that was avalible in the game;

- Missions
- Hits (with all the bonuses completed)
- Favours (including the three free downloads)
- Execution Styles
- Becoming the Don of NYC

And anything else you need to do for achievements, you'll get to the end with level 49 and be about half way to 50, this will require around 7 or 8 bank runs (robbing all six banks), and due to the banks taking a long time to respawn (around an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours) this is a very time consuming achievement.

A real shame they added this achievement as it really made the last hours you spend with the game trully drag on.

That is exactly how it played out for me. I became Don of NYC with my respect level 1/2 filled for 49 and did about 7 bank runs to hit level 50.
stronglikepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon9Tom View Post
sort of amusing, really. i made it to level 50 no problem in the original xbox version. i think they rigged the 360 version to make it much, much harder.

i'm now currently at level 49, having done everything in the game.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

ugh, finally did it.

got the don pack on xbox live. which seems totally cheap if you play through the whole game using that. the favors (especially the "defend the warehouse" one helped), and the clothes didn't hurt either. then spend a few hours over the course of a day or two robbing banks, and then briding cops and stealing racket trucks to pass the time while the banks came back.

starting mob wars and bribing the fbi agent only gave me 250 respect. not sure why.

oh, an prize fights are worth 1,000. if you're bored and there's no racket trucks around, that helps too.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #14
DeathWish93

GeneralNoodle93's Gamercard
Thanks for this, im at level 47 now, but i haven't downloaded the DLC yet so that will help me out.
DeathWish93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
Spardan

WCF Spardan's Gamercard
An easy way to do it is to not take over any business till you are at the rank of Godfather
That way you get more exp from taking over the businesses and killing the guys guarding it.
Reach lvl 50 by taking the last business using this method

The Code of Spardan
Play games for fun not points
Play fair and also show respect to the other team
Earn achievements for a laugh And never boost for them
Always Find the Fun/Positive side to any slip up
Never rise against any insults Given to you just kill them in game
Respect newbies
Show no mercy to Noobies
Spardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
markd12

markd12's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone i've been stuck on 49 for about a month.

i'll try this tonight.

Completed Retail: 5

Completed Arcade: 2
markd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #17
Barrowland

BARROWLAND's Gamercard
i hate this level 50 and im missing 1 film reel ... this sucks
Old 05-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
Elod

Elod II's Gamercard
You can see the max Respect value on the Leaderboards. There is a section of respect there are listed in numeric format. I finished the game for a while but as far as I remember it was more that 3 million.
Elod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #19
Trombonafide

Trombonafide's Gamercard
I purchased all the clothes from the store in Brooklyn, and I didn't get to 5k respect. Are there more clothes elsewhere? Do I have to buy at every shop?

Retail 100%: 97
Arcade 100%: 55
Retail 1000+: 21

Latest Completions:
Grand Theft Auto V - 11/11/13
Gears of War: Judgment - 10/09/13
Wordament (Android) - 10/06/13

150k - 12/20/12
160k - 04/11/13
170k - 07/29/13
Trombonafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #20
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
yeah it was one hell of a grind to get it done
Old 05-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #21
Trombonafide

Trombonafide's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasipox View Post
Also, a side note; killing the homeless guys gives you 100+ Respect for some reason.
That's weird. Giuliani wasn't mayor in 1955...

Retail 100%: 97
Arcade 100%: 55
Retail 1000+: 21

Latest Completions:
Grand Theft Auto V - 11/11/13
Gears of War: Judgment - 10/09/13
Wordament (Android) - 10/06/13

150k - 12/20/12
160k - 04/11/13
170k - 07/29/13
Trombonafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
xfatty

Don't know why I decided to visit the Godfather forum, but man, reading this topic brought back memories of this lol. Getting to 50 was such a grind. I played this game like literally all day for a week or more, took me from September 22 06 when it came out to October 2 06 to get all 835. 50 hours playtime in that span. I played it so much, and I was like number 4 on the leaderboard when I was done and one of the first to get 835 in it lol. I don't recall it taking at least 10 hrs to get from 49 to 50 tho

That was on a rental so long ago, I think I'm gonna buy it cheap and get the dlc for it, looks like fun. I loved this game
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
MuRpH159

MuRpH159's Gamercard
you'll be shocked by the graphics now though.
MuRpH159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
WesCoast

WesCoast's Gamercard
Here was my method of getting to 50. I'm not saying this was a quick way, mind you... this is grinding no matter how you go about doing it.

There is a save point Canal Street just north of the intersection of Canal and Broadway before Broadway becomes the highway to the Holland Tunnel. This hotel (can't remember the name) is strategically located near both Little Italy banks and a short drive from the Manhattan banks and New Jersey bank. It is also near what I called a racket truck spawn point.

So anyway, this save point was my home base so I could drop off racket trucks here and, well... save my game regularly to avoid glitchy crashes.

I leave the hotel, run south down the street on foot and bribe every cop I came across. Usually there was a few cops along the way. Once you get to that major intersection there are usually a few cops around on the street corners and almost always there is a racket truck going into or leaving the highway that goes west to the Holland Tunnel. Attack the truck and kill the guards, grab it and drive it up the road to your save point. The cops will ignore you if you have been keeping them bribed. Rinse and repeat.

This was my time killer between robbing the banks in Little Italy and Manhattan. It also isn't too far of a drive to New Jersey to grab that bank from this save point.

I only suggest this based on the reliability of the racket truck appearing. I was sick of driving around looking for them. The relatively abundant police presence was a nice little bonus and after several hours it finally popped. And the nearby dead end street was a great area to relieve frustration from the monotony by just standing back in the corner and shooting everything that moved on the main road!

Last edited by WesCoast; 06-26-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: added street names
WesCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #25
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
sort of amusing, really. i made it to level 50 no problem in the original xbox version
Haha, same for me but on PS2.

Tbh, I think it would be easier to just start a new game and then do everything at the end so that you have the higher respect modifier.
Might seem like a long way to do it, but at least it's varied tasks.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
Nirumano

Nirumano's Gamercard
I noticed when I did one of the downloaded favors where you defend a warehouse from alot of straccis, I got close to 3k respect for every stracci I killed. So a strategy I suggest is killing some of them, making sure you dont finish the favor (kill about 20 or so), then just die.. You will keep the respect points you earned, and you get to start over. I regret finishing it, cos now I can't go back without going through the game again
Nirumano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #27
Eleo

Cocoa Pistolero's Gamercard
I've got every achievement but the film reels and reaching level 50, and I noticed I am roughly ~70% of the way to level 50. Buying all the clothes in the game helped. Getting all the executions is +100k. And I noticed each film real is 1k each so that's another 100k.

I was told you should take over businesses after you've done more or less everything else in the game because the higher the level you are, the higher your multiplier for the respect you get. That is, if you're taking over businesses at level 30 you'll all-in-all get more respect than if you do it early in the game. I don't know if this is true or not, I believe I read it in a guide on GameFAQS. I'm actually wondering if this applies to anything you get respect points for.

Overall after doing everything except finding all the film reels, it looks like I won't have to grind that much to reach level 50. Simply put I think if you make sure you do everything in one game, it goes a long way.
Eleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #28
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
I've seen a few people suggest not taking over any businesses until you are The Don. Isn't that impossible as you only become the Don once you have over 90% of the game complete?? Can someone fill me on this??
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #29
XxLA369xX

Aesth3tic Karma's Gamercard
i'm still grinding this one out on lvl 49
XxLA369xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #30
Tom Pladgett

Brutopian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420j View Post
I've seen a few people suggest not taking over any businesses until you are The Don. Isn't that impossible as you only become the Don once you have over 90% of the game complete?? Can someone fill me on this??
You become an Underboss by doing the story missions and then Don by taking out the four rival family compounds. Don of NYC requires you to reach 90% completion.
Tom Pladgett is offline   Reply With Quote