Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Apple2Forever

Apple2Forever's Gamercard
This or "Kingdoms of Amalur"?

I love Fallout 3, Skyrim and Dragon Age: Origins, and am looking to get another big open-world RPG. Which would you recommend?
Apple2Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
Both games are amazing, and you should play them both. I guess I would have to say Dragon's Dogma though as Capcom is still supporting this game. New expansions coming first part of the year. KoA developers are no more, but the one DLC for that was definately worth getting. Again, both are great games but DD is probably better in the long run. Add my gamertag if you wanna get a level 140 pawn with a 5x exp bow equipped from the start of your adventure.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
artphobia

CthulhuCalamari's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
DD over KoA any day
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
A few months ago I had the choice of DD or KoA and I chose KoA, mainly because of the price difference $40 vs $60 is a better deal (2 weeks later I ended up getting DD on sale on Amazon for $40 anyway sooo...)

I ended up buying both DLCs for Amalur. I spent 130 hours on Amalur and its 2 expansion packs (Dead Kel was better IMHO) so I definately enjoyed the game and got my moneys worth out of it, but overall it was too easy to just hack and slash my way through it, Or with Dagger and Chakrams is it more like hack and "dazzle" my way through? lol.

I only recently started playing DD and I am like 70 hours in so far (not quite finished either) and I have to say I like the DD experience better. Fighting monsters is always rewarding, even lowly goblins and wolves, and when you fight and take down larger monsters like gryphons its pretty awsome (Though sometimes pawns just suck at it)

DD just has a lot more game dynamics to it than Amalur and that makes it more interesting.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
k1ll1ng5pr33

When I first heard about KoA, it was a year before launch. Been waiting a year and it was an absolute blast to play. One of my favorite RPG's. The DLC is pretty short though. Put about 90 hours into it.

Then DD came along. Wasn't quite sure about it until some gameplay showed up. Pre-ordered it and put in 180 hours without noticing it. Absolutely brilliant game. And than there's the Dark Arisen expansion coming in 2013 which I can't wait for.

Even though I had been waiting for KoA a long time, and while you should definitely get both, if you've only can buy 1, buy DD.

PS3T.org: k1ll1ng5pr33 My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Check out my YouTube for Trophy/Achievement Guides and More!