PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Aftermath
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #31
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Just some tips for "Destroy a vehicle with xbow". You'll obviously need HE Bolt.

The range is quite short, and the arrows travel quite slowly, so any type of airborne vehicle is basically out of the question.

Next, I've tried to use the HE Bolt against a tank, just to see what would happen. After 3 arrows to the back of a full tank, I got a vehicle destroy assist of 41, meaning each bow does about 12-14 damage. Considering that a vehicle becomes disabled around 20, unless you catch someone really stupid in the driver's seat, they'll jump out before you destroy it. For the most part, it's a lost cause, but occasionally worth trying on a smaller tank.

What you are left with are Humvees, Buggys and Quads (and technically the Skid Loader on Wake Island). Humvees are tough so I don't recommend them. Buggys will be disabled (but not destroyed) in 1 shot, meaning the driver will have to stay inside and then explode. Quad is 1 shot.

Choose a map like Gulf of Oman, Strike at Karkand, Wake Islandor even Bandhar Desert, and just wait for someone on a quad within short range, and take them out! You can also grenade a buggy, and then camp somewhere around it, hoping that an enemy will enter it, and you can shoot it as soon as they enter exploding it immediately (this is how I got).

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Guide is basically done, just waiting on one more video. If anyone has anything to add that they think should be in the guide feel free to post it.
100% RPG's: 40 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #33
BowManHomie

Send a message via Skype™ to BowManHomie

BowManHomie's Gamercard
I don't know if the achievement is bugged, but I got " home made javeline" achievement by shooting a spawn beacon with a normal bolt and it popped!? some else try and see if it works for you too, it can be the easy alternative for the achievement.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #34
x13FISHx

x13FISHx's Gamercard
Now I can't figure out how to unlock the new soldier camp.
x13FISHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #35
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowManHomie View Post
I don't know if the achievement is bugged, but I got " home made javeline" achievement by shooting a spawn beacon with a normal bolt and it popped!? some else try and see if it works for you too, it can be the easy alternative for the achievement.
actually not bugged.. this exact same thing happened in another expansion.. forgot about that. I'll try and test it and confirm.

soldier camp?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #36
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
for Pocket full of death, you can just play bazaar on conquest and camp at flag b. i found it to be the easiest

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #37
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
for Pocket full of death, you can just play bazaar on conquest and camp at flag b. i found it to be the easiest
I actually got it by sneaking up on the entire enemy team on Conquest on Metro. We had all 3 flags and their spawn was near C so i ran down the tracks and around into the middle hallway. Threw a grenade and shot my xbow, as i was switching back to my primary my grenade went off and then i sprayed at two others. Wasn't even thinking about the cheevo at this point in time and got it.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #38
B4rtt S

B4rtt S's Gamercard
Is a lvl 4 weapon better than a lvl 1 weapon?
B4rtt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4rtt S View Post
Is a lvl 4 weapon better than a lvl 1 weapon?
I've only seen 3 levels, but they are basically better as you go up, but not always.

Level 1 is SMGs, Level 2 is Snipers, shotguns and xbow, Level 3 is Assault Rifle and LMGs (with scopes). They all count as 1 "pick-up" towards the achievement though.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #40
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
for some reason i am not getting the 1 Designated Assist. I have painted tanks, jets, choppers with my SOFLAM and have had them destroyed while locked on by Javelin and tank but am not getting the assist. Am I doing something wrong?
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #41
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowManHomie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
actually not bugged.. this exact same thing happened in another expansion.. forgot about that. I'll try and test it and confirm.

soldier camp?
I might try that too. Haven't unlocked HE bolts yet. Not as fun as shooting a tank but hey...

I think soldier..."camo"?

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #42
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Confirmed it this morning by shooting an enemy mortar that was on the ground. Achievement popped.

A video has been added as well where the vid maker states you can shoot an enemy vehicle that an enemy has abandoned. As long as some enemy drove it at some point. Can't be a freshly spawned vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
for some reason i am not getting the 1 Designated Assist. I have painted tanks, jets, choppers with my SOFLAM and have had them destroyed while locked on by Javelin and tank but am not getting the assist. Am I doing something wrong?
Not that I can see.. I used the Soflam and just painted targets.. didn't even realize I got an assist until after the fact. I had painted the C-130 and a Jet shot it down with missiles. Just keep trying, but that's how to do it. Play an Armored Kill map since there's nothing but tanks and planes.. should get it that way.

Guide has been submitted for review.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-05-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #43
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I think I'd lower the amount of time to complete it to 5 to 8 hours.

No way it takes more than 10 hours
Old 12-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I think I'd lower the amount of time to complete it to 5 to 8 hours.

No way it takes more than 10 hours
Might take me that long

@ Maka: thanks for the Dino vid.... I have run by that tunnel so many times!!! Will have to check it out next time I'm on.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #45
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
@Opiate42, seriously, it's probably the easiest DLC in terms of achievements, I'm sure you'll clean it up in less than 10 hours

Just one quick question though, to unlock the HE Bolt, are you sure you need to complete the "Archery 101" assignment?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #46
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
@Opiate42, seriously, it's probably the easiest DLC in terms of achievements, I'm sure you'll clean it up in less than 10 hours

Just one quick question though, to unlock the HE Bolt, are you sure you need to complete the "Archery 101" assignment?

No, you don't need to do Archery 101 first, all you need to do is unlock the XBow, this opens up the bolt assignments.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #47
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

noted.. I wasn't quite sure when doing the assignments if archery 101 was part of the tree. will update the guide

I'll probly just change it to 10 hours.. I think I need 23 meters of headshots and I'm done at about 8.. i'm sure for some it will take a little longer.. but yea definitely not 20.. that was an original guesstimation

I've also lowered the difficulty to a 3/10

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
50 Sniper Rifle Kills: Is this glitchy for anyone else? I got 51 kills with it and it only registered 12
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #49
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottub Cowboy View Post
50 Sniper Rifle Kills: Is this glitchy for anyone else? I got 51 kills with it and it only registered 12
Use the M417 and you'll get it in no time
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #50
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Use the M417 and you'll get it in no time

SKS even quicker!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #51
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The in-game description for the scanning bolt assignment appears to be misleading. One of the requirements is 'one designated assist', but the requirement seems to actually be 100 points from designated assists.

I got a designated assist for 70 points, it didn't complete the requirement but the progress bar for the assignment went up.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #52
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
SKS even quicker!
I've never really tried this one, should probably give it a shot

Finally completed the DLC in a little less than 6 hours, very easy one
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #53
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Alpha View Post
Is it just me, or is this impossible with randoms? I can sit there in my SOFLAM designating targets all day long, but no sod ever uses guided weaponry to take em out. Reminds me of that achievement on Brink where you have to spot a mine for a teammate to disarm. Just doesn't bloody happen.
If you have Armored Kill go play Tank Superiority on any of the maps and set up a SOFLAM near-ish to the flag and just keep using the SOFLAM on the tanks and eventually one of your teammates will kill the tank. Plus, you can go for the ten designations also.

Edit: Also, ten hours is kind of the high end for completion in my opinion.

I went to Scavenger and ran around just picking up weapons [sorry people. Took me two matches].
Extreme Hoarder unlocked

Then I went for Handyman. I ran around with the sniper first to knock out the scan bolt and the long range bolt + xbox scoped, then got the explosive bolt since I had got five grenade kills while playing Recon. Then I used Assault so I could get the underslug grenade kills + headshot distance for xbox scoped. Then I finished up the explosive bolt by getting five C4 kills. Then spent a match getting the headshot distance for carbines [this could take longer. I managed to get about 15 headshots this game]. Also got Pocket full of death during this playing TDM Nosharh Canals.
Handyman/Pocket full of death unlocked

Went after Bite your finger next. Had problems with it unlocking for me. This took me about 15 minutes to get because I kept joining different servers trying to get it to unlock.
Bite your finger unlocked

I got lucky for Home made javelin but did it twice in the same game.
Went to Op. Firestorm for this one. Got lucky because there was a transport Heli sitting on top of one of the buildings so I climbed up the building and blew it up.
Second time there was a tank on the hill by there base. Was playing as Engi so I could use AT Mines. Placed two by the tank, shot the tank and blew it up.
Home made javelin unlocked

Took me about 3 - 5 hours playing two different days.

Last edited by Dog Face; 12-07-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #54
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

10 hours is not high for the average player.. i will adjust it to 5-10 hours.. took me 8'ish

Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #55
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Took me little over 4 hours to get all achievements. Getting the laser assist hit took me longest.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #56
seven43861

Seven43861's Gamercard
I think the Handyman achievement might be glitched, I just unlocked all of the assignments pertaining to the xbow and no unlock, any tips on fixing this.
seven43861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #57
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven43861 View Post
I think the Handyman achievement might be glitched, I just unlocked all of the assignments pertaining to the xbow and no unlock, any tips on fixing this.
seven got it sorted out.. achievement unlocked for him

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #58
Shadow1980

Nowaksfamily's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven43861 View Post
me to i unlock everything and no achievement any idea why??
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #59
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow1980 View Post
me to i unlock everything and no achievement any idea why??
did you get this sorted out Shadow? for Seven he had gone to bed, and when he got on BF3 the next day the achievement was all of a sudden there.

so as a possible fix, make sure all assignments are done correctly, otherwise, shut down the xbox and come back to it later. I never experienced a problem, and this is only the 2nd instance of this 'glitch' happening

Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #60
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Battlefield 3 / DLC: Aftermath Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote