PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #61
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHirni View Post
I don't get why people keep asking for collectible maps or open up new threads to post locations of them.

You can buy maps that reveal the location of all collectibles in a certain area in the store under "maps". For the entire north island I think it's only about 2500$ to buy them all.
Yup, 'tis a bit silly. Though what would be useful is a collectables guide; showing how to get some of those hard-to-get ones. I'd do one myself if I had a capture card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #62
Andii

Andii Vamp's Gamercard
Not sure if mentioned already, but there is only ONE missable achievement, and that is unheard.

Other than that, there is an island Southeast of the doctrs mansion (Coordinates: X: 360.1, Y: 702.0) that has infinite respawning pirates in a cove like place. Sometimes they will have people captive you can rescue.

What I did was go for the unlocks needed to unlock all the skill tree stuff (As I already did all outposts), and now I am sorted with getting the fully inked achievement. I also got my "Never saw it coming" achievement there among some other ones like the flamethrower kills.

When you run out of enemies, just teleport back to the doctors mansion, and just keep taking the glider to go back. Rinse and repeat. Infinite spawning pirates in that place.

Hope that helps people
Andii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #63
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide and get wait to get my hands on this tomorrow.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #64
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Some achievements seems to be a little glitched... "I Love the Boom" have not unlocked to me. I sounded a Outpost Alarm, waited to the reinforcements arrive, two jeeps each one with 4 people stopped side by side, I used the rocket launcher and exploded both jeeps with the 8 guys with one shoot.

Still, nothing has unlocked. Any ideas?
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #65
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post
Some achievements seems to be a little glitched... "I Love the Boom" have not unlocked to me. I sounded a Outpost Alarm, waited to the reinforcements arrive, two jeeps each one with 4 people stopped side by side, I used the rocket launcher and exploded both jeeps with the 8 guys with one shoot.

Still, nothing has unlocked. Any ideas?
Use a grenade. Any other explosive is very hit and miss whether it unlocks or not.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #66
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Use a grenade. Any other explosive is very hit and miss whether it unlocks or not.
It worked! Thanks!
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #67
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Do you need an online pass to be able to do the co-op achievements ?
Or can the co-op achievements be done offline, over split screen ?
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #68
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
Do you need an online pass to be able to do the co-op achievements ?
Or can the co-op achievements be done offline, over split screen ?

The online pass says:
"Unlock the full online portions of Far Cry 3 Co-Op and Competitive multiplayer,as well as the ability to share the maps you've created using the Far Cry 3 Map Editor with your friends and the community"

Co-Op achievements can be done online or offline,however offline you still need at least two players

Whether this can actually be done without the online pass i am not sure though,sorry

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #69
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicorphan View Post
The online pass says:
"Unlock the full online portions of Far Cry 3 Co-Op and Competitive multiplayer,as well as the ability to share the maps you've created using the Far Cry 3 Map Editor with your friends and the community"

Co-Op achievements can be done online or offline,however offline you still need at least two players

Whether this can actually be done without the online pass i am not sure though,sorry
Okay cool. From reading what the online pass says, I would be better of buying the game new. Seems worth it from the reviews Ive read, and the many hours you will have to dedicate to this game.

But if anyone can confirm, if you need the online pass to be able to do the co-op achievements offline with two players ?
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #70
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
OP! You need a sweet banner man!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #71
Hoborg
Banned User

OP: please update the guide to include glitchy achievements. Co-op won't unlock for me in online.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #72
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm an anti-social sod, are the co-op achievements achievable offline with a dummy account? If I just leave him in a safe spot while I go off an complete the mission, is that do-able?
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #73
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
I'm an anti-social sod, are the co-op achievements achievable offline with a dummy account? If I just leave him in a safe spot while I go off an complete the mission, is that do-able?

I believe it can be done,but there are many places in the Co-Op adventure where you would need someone else(Carrying bombs while another protects him for one)...i guess make sure you have it on easy

FWIW-i did the co-op yesterday and many people came and went,none of them had their mic on,I am somewhat of an anti social sod as well...i did try the dummy account but didn't have any batteries for the second controller(they are in my Mums camera,LOL)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
I would just like to thank BillyBobTwo for this guide,as it helped me to get my 1000/1000

Especially that video he put up in his 4th post showing where pirates always spawn,i was really thinking i would have to wait until a new game to get that Never Saw It Coming Achievement because i had liberated all outposts...but thankfully that was not the case

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #74
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Posting a guide before a game's official release date is general frowned upon. That being said, this is a very well-written guid. Keep up the good work.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #75
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
Posting a guide before a game's official release date is general frowned upon. That being said, this is a very well-written guid. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. Game was released in Europe a week before US so it was officially released before guide was up.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #76
EricDC

Eric From Cali's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
Thanks. Game was released in Europe a week before US so it was officially released before guide was up.
Not true. You posted the guide before the game was released anywhere. You posted it before the USA, Europe, and Australia release dates. Which means you most likely have a modded Xbox 360 console and illegally downloaded the game. But I personally don't care, thanks for the guide

Need to get some boosting done in many games, message me if you are interested! I am willing to boost any of my uncompleted games.

EricDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #77
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
How come 'Rock Always Wins' isn't listed as missable? Is there some place I can go to find an enemy?

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #78
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDC View Post
Not true. You posted the guide before the game was released anywhere. You posted it before the USA, Europe, and Australia release dates. Which means you most likely have a modded Xbox 360 console and illegally downloaded the game. But I personally don't care, thanks for the guide
Are you stupid? This guide was posted on the 29th, which is the AU release date, and downloading it illegally isn't the only way you can get a game earlier than a release date. Every single game gets into someone's hands before release. Reviewers usually get them early and Shopto seems to love giving everyone their games early.

I like bitching threads.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #79
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Check my informational section. I show a place that always has enemies. Can be used for all kill achievements
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #80
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Check my informational section. I show a place that always has enemies. Can be used for all kill achievements
Oh, thanks. I found out about the compound having enemies just now anyway. But thanks.

I like bitching threads.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #81
shaolinmonk06

RoD ShatterZz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
i used a rocket launcher on just 4 guys rushing me. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaolinmonk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #82
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thank you but I will be using the guides from PS3T.org and PS3Trophies.com. No offense to BillyBob, but after the way you didn't finish (abandoned) your CoD: Black Ops II guide, I don't have much hope for this one being complete either. Two AAA titles and subpar guides for both of them. It's a shame.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/far...e-roadmap.html

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/sh...3-Trophy-Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #83
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Thank you but I will be using the guides from PS3T.org and PS3Trophies.com. No offense to BillyBob, but after the way you didn't finish (abandoned) your CoD: Black Ops II guide, I don't have much hope for this one being complete either. Two AAA titles and subpar guides for both of them. It's a shame.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/far...e-roadmap.html

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/sh...3-Trophy-Guide
What exactly do you think is still missing?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #84
Drradenstein

totallyrad1369's Gamercard
Great guide and awesome game, thanks!
Drradenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #85
TheWeasel

for the improper use, and flamethrower achievement you can kill the guys in blue also and they count towards both achievements
TheWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #86
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
What exactly do you think is still missing?
Your roadmaps are extremely brief and don't provide enough information. Same goes for your achievement descriptions, each achievement should have a detailed explanation even if you have posted a video.

You've made a great start but you should refer to the following threads to complete your guides

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180629

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=109782

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #87
Chris Recall

Chris Recall's Gamercard
I fucked up the fully inked achievement and only just realised as I finished the game. Next time Im reading a guide first. May do this again in the future. Doubt it tho

Follow on Twitter: @Outlaw_Recall
Chris Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #88
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

I thought about making my own guide since I noticed this one isn't perfect, but then I got bored and realized I have lots of school work to do, so here, you can have this if ya want. I just hope you fix up your guide to make it good enough for the main site. Not that it's bad, the road map just isn't complete and some descriptions are a little empty.

I like bitching threads.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #89
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Your roadmaps are extremely brief and don't provide enough information. Same goes for your achievement descriptions, each achievement should have a detailed explanation even if you have posted a video.

You've made a great start but you should refer to the following threads to complete your guides

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180629

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=109782
what a douche of a statement man. I love how people wouldnt take the time to make a guide, but would post links on how to improve things. Im sorry if you cant get the full 1000 following this guide you need to sell your xbox.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #90
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I thought about making my own guide since I noticed this one isn't perfect, but then I got bored and realized I have lots of school work to do, so here, you can have this if ya want. I just hope you fix up your guide to make it good enough for the main site. Not that it's bad, the road map just isn't complete and some descriptions are a little empty.

Thanks for the image.