PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #61
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Map Editor should auto-save every 15-20 minutes.

You can probably guess what just happened.

Editor thoughts:
I'd prefer the camera to move on the XY-plane (Horizontal) using the left stick rather that this Underwater FPS movement it currently does where you point the camera, then move forwards or backwards, altering your height in the process even though there's already a function for going up and down on the Z-axis (Vertical)

When moving the cursor to where you want it you move the right stick, but once you're holding RT to paint/raise/flatten you move the cursor using the left stick all of a sudden.

I'd like if there could have been some scale reference because this map I'm making is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too goddamn big. I might have created my own nightmare. A sniper's paradise.

No option to try out the maps in private with your pals for some dry runs. Probably explains why most of the published maps are such gash.

STOP. MAKING. NUKE. TOWN. CLONES. OKAY?
That map was bad enough the first time.

You can't rotate the square-shaped cursor, so shitty if you wanted to get some diagonals done.

All my map ideas were based around ziplines (Shocking right?) and the ziplines blows. Too short and in a rigid pre-existing form where you cant alter the size. RIP 300ft Zipline dreams.

Last edited by Hurricane Of 87; 12-11-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #62
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
I'd like if there could have been some scale reference because this map I'm making is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too goddamn big. I might have created my own nightmare. A sniper's paradise.
Excellent! I can't wait to play it.

I agree though, the map editor controls could be a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #63
Alvaries

Alvaries's Gamercard
I completely love this game, but fall damage is fucking ridicoulus! That's my only complain.
Alvaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #64
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaries View Post
I completely love this game, but fall damage is fucking ridicoulus! That's my only complain.
I have to agree with this. I can leap from a cliff and live, but falling 10ft kills me?

Wut?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #65
pandaliamcod6

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
They said it would be impossible to kill the Great white, yet I killed it on my first time.

50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #66
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Run down a very slight hill. jump. fall damage. have to put thumb back into place. lolwat. Also fucking online passes. I wanted to buy hitman, far cry 3 and ass creed 3 but moneys tight at the moment so i rented it. (they all bloody have passes i couldnt win)

Apart from that sweetness.

mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #67
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
How the heck did the game get 100/100, 10/10 at some many sites when the graphics look terrible?! Seriously, I climbed to the top of the radio tower an almost barfed.
Are you kidding?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #68
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
How the heck did the game get 100/100, 10/10 at some many sites when the graphics look terrible?! Seriously, I climbed to the top of the radio tower an almost barfed. Far Cry 1 on my PC had better graphics than this. My Wii U has better graphics than this. They're not even trying. The distant mountains are painted on the sky.

Just Cause 2 blows away this game graphically, what a joke.
Excuse me?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #69
Hurricane Of 87

Mostly MP related this time:

Hurk's Punish vid is a pile of sloppily executed poo:
1. Everyone's GT and XP are still visible after they've ran off the screen leaving the victim alone.
2. The victim shouts "You assho..." followed by a massive pause before the boom
3. After the screen fades to black and the bomb happens, the screen stops being black. The victims still kneeling there unsinged, by themselves.
Poor show.

Marking enemies with the back button
AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Even worse is when you notice the LB button isn't used for anything when you tap it.
Lamer: When you hold LB down you bring up the weapon wheel. Useful in the single player, but in multiplayer where you only carry two (for which there's already a button for switching) and one throwable (no switching necessary) it's worthless in this mode.
With LB you'd be sacrificing a Ironsights for a mark the same way you tend to use the same finger for RT and RB. Seems fair to me.

Poor spawns:
Not talking about spawn trapping or spawning right in front of approaching baddies.
Started a TDM facing the boundary on Hideout!
Stuck behind non-moving teammates at the beginning of Hideout and Beachhead just because we're spawned in too tight a group and you can't push past them.
Spawned facing the opposite direction of the Transmission objective (Beachhead again)
that's the sort of amateurish stuff that happens on Custom maps (Facing walls LOL)

Look sensitivity affects all directions in all scenarios, not just X-axis or y-axis. Ironsights or hipfire. Running or gunning. Kinda shitty when you just want Verticals to counteract the recoil.

No death markers to highlight dead enemies. Just to help you know if an enemy threat has been neutralized. Wasting some time waiting for an enemy who'd ran behind a building to come out the other end. Never happened. Teammate got 'em.

How come you can self-heal when you health is VERY low, but not at half-health/90% health?

The ability to look around with RS, to set up a shot right after climbing or sliding, would have been a life saver in situations. Plus it'd look cool.

Would like to see:
A perk for marking your enemies when they kill you. I know the red dot on the minimap, but a through-the-wall eyeball above their head for a few seconds would be useful to teammates.

A shout for replenishing teammates ammo. Not an insta-reload or anything, just more back up ammo. Enemies' weapons only have a few bullets left when your starting piece runs out and you need a switch.

Selected Quick Match and have been playing about an hour. Pretty certain it's only been TDMs during that time. C'mon, I know where I want to go if I want to play TDM. (Psst: It's the 'Team Deathmatch' option)

On some of the after match line graphs you'll find you competitive MP K/D compared to your Co-op K/D if you've recently played. Can you say disparity?

The co-op mission where you have to hold out in the church AND put the drugs in the back of the truck? Far too easy to wander out of bounds trying to get the enemies before they get into position.
More a moan about how wondering out of bound makes you put your guns away than boundary complaint.

Last edited by Hurricane Of 87; 12-13-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: MORE
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #70
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaries View Post
I agree. The fall damage is absolutely fucking absurd. Needs a patch. I have died more from falling than I have from enemies. Actually, I've never died from human enemies in this game. Once by a bear. That was it. Bullets hardly damage me but a fucking five foot drop drains two bars of health? WUT.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #71
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I'll agree with this one.

You can take a few bullets and not lose to much health, but jump and lose 2-3m in elevation and you almost die?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #72
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I'll agree with this one.

You can take a few bullets and not lose to much health, but jump and lose 2-3m in elevation and you almost die?
Last time I played I found out it's not even falling anymore. I had half of my health bars disappear from... Drum roll... Running too fast.

Yes, running too fast down a hill nearly killed me.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #73
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
Yet sliding down a huge rock face has no negative impact on your body

This isn't so much of a bitch as it is a strange occurrence but i like how you can stand near the edge of the road and when pirates approach they begin to spot you but you crouch and suddenly you become invisible
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #74
BuggeringDingo

Quote:
This isn't so much of a bitch as it is a strange occurrence but i like how you can stand near the edge of the road and when pirates approach they begin to spot you but you crouch and suddenly you become invisible
It's a well documented fact that pirates suffer of Myopia and ADHD. That's why, when you duck, they can't see you and tend to forget about the fact that you just skinned most of their buddies.

It's also why when you loot their bodies you always find some drug paraphernalia on them: it's actually empty coke packets that's filled up with crushed Methylphenidate (Ritalin). They disguise their medicines as drugs so that they don't appear "soft" in front of their buddies.

True facts.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #75
SYOTOS

980g atm
I need to do payback on co op
Yet every bloody time i put payback as the chapter i want to do. It changes it for me n i end up in another chapter that i dont wanna bloody do,

Really pissing me off lol

Last edited by SYOTOS; 12-15-2012 at 07:04 AM.
SYOTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #76
UNDERWALLY

UNDERWALLY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I hate hunting animals, I hate killing animals in videogames, it absolutely sucks for me.
I do understand that it's essential in this game for the whole "survival" thing.
I LOVE this game, but seriously if you need to poop: hey kill 5 tapir, I want to scratch my ass: hey kill 5 pigs.

Oh, and it should be easier to find good multiplayer maps
Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #77
SYOTOS

Finally managed to get payback mission from the start n get that bloody last achievement.
Easy 1000g tbh. Glad its over with that co op really did piss me off. Lol
SYOTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #78
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo View Post
It's a well documented fact that pirates suffer of Myopia and ADHD. That's why, when you duck, they can't see you and tend to forget about the fact that you just skinned most of their buddies.
Ahhh, it all makes sense now

OT: I can't believe there are people in this world who think that is you keep getting killed in a certain part of a co-op mission, then you need to do the exact same thing over and over.

I was playing the mission payback and we got to the end where the 2 tank guys show up and every time my 2 teammates would run up and within seconds be killed. Of course every time i went to rescue them i would be killed and we had to start again. In the end i held back and refused to revive them, killed all enemies and finished the mission, only to be sent a very hostile message because i refused to revive a guy

Last edited by DEG23; 12-15-2012 at 06:58 AM.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #79
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Level Cap!

Its a beef I have with most sandbox games. I'm still on the first Island looking for some dagger and I have already hit the level cap (even if I can't currently use 13 of those skills points)

I don't care that I couldn't use any skill points I got from leveling from this point on, I still want to gain more.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #80
d3tach3d

d3tach3d's Gamercard
Im pissed because the "What a Trip" achievement glitched on me and now I have to play the game all over again to get it...
d3tach3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #81
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
Level Cap!

Its a beef I have with most sandbox games. I'm still on the first Island looking for some dagger and I have already hit the level cap (even if I can't currently use 13 of those skills points)

I don't care that I couldn't use any skill points I got from leveling from this point on, I still want to gain more.
Would have been nice if they were a tier type of thing. One point would bring a skill to 1/3 or something, each point making the effect better.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #82
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
1) many bugs in game, falling through rock and land
2) in 70% of game I had bug and must start completely new game...
3) horrible co-op
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #83
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
Last time I played I found out it's not even falling anymore. I had half of my health bars disappear from... Drum roll... Running too fast.

Oh yeah. Had that happen to me too. That came as a bit of a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #84
TALON TARGET

NONE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERWALLY View Post
I hate hunting animals, I hate killing animals in videogames, it absolutely sucks for me.
I do understand that it's essential in this game for the whole "survival" thing.
I LOVE this game, but seriously if you need to poop: hey kill 5 tapir, I want to scratch my ass: hey kill 5 pigs.

Oh, and it should be easier to find good multiplayer maps
Yeah know what you mean, tigers are just fabulous creatures. But heck just play the conservationist taking only what you need and stock up on plenty of animal repellent ! .The real shame is when a predator takes out half an outpost handing you 1500xp and the Ratyak turn up and fill it full of lead- with one of the bozos claiming`this is all me' while having naff all to do with the previous fight.
i
TALON TARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #85
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
my only bitch now is, i have completed the game and i want MORE!!! Please not co op dlc. Add some story stuff or missions.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #86
god_that_failed

Raptorsaurus's Gamercard
The only things I'm disappointed by in this game are the glitchy co-op and the fact that the co-op's gameplay isn't reminiscent of the single-players gameplay. Too much action, not enough stealth options.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #87
Hurricane Of 87

More map editor stuff:

Once you save a map and come back to it the details for your cursor resort back to the defaults so for example BUMP will go back to radius 8, hardness 0, distortion 0, etc.

When you test the map you;re essentially Jason Brody, with the ability to vault. But the multiplayer characters you'll be using during actual online gameplay can't vault so it's a bit misleading.

Editting terrain underneath object you've already precisely positioned can throw them way out of line. Yes, I do want the terrain to go through the object. God.

Some objects only have 5 sides, so if you lay them horizontal or have them bridging between two others you'll be looking at a side of the object which makes the whole thing appear invisible
i.e. Construction Concrete Block 2 and Walls Pillar 02 have no bottom.

Play testing one map with a fellow player. I went up a ladder just fine. turned around and watched them climb to the top of the ladder and then just suddenly die. Hilarious, but I wouldn't want that to happen in an actual game.

Even Camera speed x1 is too sensitive for the map I'm currently trying to do.

The red cursor you use to highlight many objects at once doesn't cover enough area before it cause the whole camera to move, leading you to be highlighting something else entirely.

Going to Save asks you if you're sure if you want to save. Well YEAH OF COURSE. It's in the bloody pause menu, you're not gonna click on the fucking thing by accident. Being told my map is invalid everytime is annoying too. I'm aware. You've already got a Validation sub-menu if I was curious about such things.

Wanna stick something on the ground floor, computer assumes I want it on the highest level possible. Just stay on the XY-plane for simplicity's sake.

Last edited by Hurricane Of 87; 12-19-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #88
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
This coop is seriously pissing me the fuck off. If it freezes, locks up during "Host Migration," or doesn't pop the achievement for completing a coop level just one more time, I swear to Christ that I'm going to punch a baby.

Update: I've attempted to play 4 games tonight. All 4 have frozen. This is some serious bullshit. Fuck this. I'm out.

Last edited by CGPsaint; 12-20-2012 at 03:44 AM.
CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #89
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
You know what I'm going to bitch about? WHY DON"T I HAVE THE GAME YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this thread so I can get that out.
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #90
Selach

First post of mine.. and its to address the utter mess that is of the multiplayer! I've had enough of host migrations from CoD, don't need it in my Far Cry 3!
Selach is offline   Reply With Quote