PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #181
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims0nPenguin View Post
The protagonist, the first five minutes of the game alone just made me reconsider continuing. And his friends are even worse.
Yes, exactly. This game is overrated. The sound quality is terrible, with the exception of a few characters' voiceovers, just like FC2. The graphics aren't as good as people make them out to be; probably because the 360 can't handle all the detail it's trying to pack in.

Story is dumb. Characters are douche bags. There's no point in crafting medicine as bandaging the bite mark on your arm over and over (after being shot and land mined) heals you much more. So much fall damage, yet roll a quad bike and put your face through the floor: nothing.

Did I mention that the characters are stupid? Dumb blond doesn't care that her boyfriend died (that's 5 minute into the game). Jason's hot GF: straight-A student, model, head of student council: dumb as fuck.

Speaking of dumb as fuck, I haven't yet mentioned the AI. It's gone from x-ray vision supermen of FC2, to complete idiots that think you're invisible. And the civilian AI? A man and a woman come around a corner in a hatchback as I'm exiting a pirate-controlled village I've just decimated. I crap myself, thinking it's enemies. They crash into the back of my stationary jeep as I'm stood at the side of the road. Reverse, then crash into it again. They decide to get out their car, screaming, and go and crouch down next to a fence as douchebag Jason Brody steps back into his jeep in fucking disbelief.

Have you seen his hair?? What the fuck?!!?!? A dick, as are the rest of his spoilt friends who I don't give a fuck about saving. They're all really annoying.

I'm just about done here. Maybe I should have posted a whole new thread.

EDIT: Oh wait. Yeah, that Skrillex song. "Have some reggae". "No, I'm splicing it with these awful noises!" Fucking sucks.

Last edited by Jardinho; 07-28-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #182
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
I liked the gameply but the story makes as much sense as a midget deathmatch league.
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #183
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth nerdius View Post
I liked the gameply but the story makes as much sense as a midget deathmatch league.
Midget Deathmatch League would make a much better game than this!
Jardinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #184
gratchimodo

Grouchymosla's Gamercard
The Co-Op missions were just awful, voice acting was even worse. Stupid bullet sponges and stupid machete men that can knock you down in one hit. Bullets will never be as powerful as a knife or machete I suppose.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #185
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratchimodo View Post
The Co-Op missions were just awful, voice acting was even worse. Stupid bullet sponges and stupid machete men that can knock you down in one hit. Bullets will never be as powerful as a knife or machete I suppose.
I don't think I've ever heard the word "cunt" so much in a video game, but the Scottish accent delivering it was pretty crap.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #186
Seymour324

iTs See Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
I don't think I've ever heard the word "cunt" so much in a video game, but the Scottish accent delivering it was pretty crap.
glad i wasn't the only one who thought the accent was terrible. Also im agreeing with everyone else, the co-op was the biggest horse shit thrown together garbage i gave up without even completing the first one
Seymour324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #187
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
This game has the perfect example of a poorly tacked on multiplayer just so people will see its online/multiplayer and maybe be more likely to buy it. Going through for the achievements its just frustrating having the game put me on one of two levels over and over again, without any option to choose the one I play or even make my own lobby. Whovever designed the multiplayer for this game should never be allowed near a games studio ever again
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #188
Wembloud

Babantos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse89 View Post
This game has the perfect example of a poorly tacked on multiplayer just so people will see its online/multiplayer and maybe be more likely to buy it. Going through for the achievements its just frustrating having the game put me on one of two levels over and over again, without any option to choose the one I play or even make my own lobby. Whovever designed the multiplayer for this game should never be allowed near a games studio ever again
This. I hate that I can't create public lobby or chose the level I wanna play.
Wembloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #189
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
not many complaints on my end. hunting is a little difficult in the beginning, but once you have better weapons..

i personally didn't like the battle with Vaas. & i wasn't too impressed with either ending. (bad ending was borderline rated X movie ) wish it could've been better. - that i aside, i really enjoyed FC3
Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #190
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed about 95% of the game, but felt the last half hour or so was terrible. To me, the game was at its weakest when trying to be a straight up shooter. It was much better when you were planning your attack, sneaking around and using takedowns, or trying to entice animals into an enemy outpost as a distraction.

Really didn't like the dream/drug sequences at all, and the final bit with Hoyt was incredibly annoying. I don't mind QTE's on occasion, but here they just felt totally out of place.

I also thought the endings were totally jarring and didn't follow the storyline at all. The "bad" ending is completely against everything you've done in the game, while the "good" ending is just empty and unsatisfying.

So close to being a phenomenal game, but let down by some frustrating gameplay/story sections.

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #191
jt89

jaytea1989's Gamercard
the only bitching i got with this is the co-op missions cause i had to do them by myself (which i still have to finished) =(
Vine: @Jay Jay
SnapChat: jaytea89
Pheed: @jaytea89

Last edited by jt89; 11-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.
jt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #192
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Only really one thing to bitch about in this awesome game: Those damn fucking crocodiles. Even if I know that something is coming up they scare the shit out of me LMAO.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation 4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #193
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
ok let me say I went into this game expecting a good game. I played it and was blown away. I loved Jason and his friends. I liked how you see progression from the character. Vaas really made me want to kill him the whole game. excellent graphics. story. Gameplay. sounds and voiceacting. now for the bad.

Before 100% I gave this game a 9.75/10. after 100% I give it a 9/10. Here's why.

1. physics. Why is it I jump over a small little hill Jason falls and gets badly injured or dies. its 5 inches off the ground. Did he have a stroke wtf. You can't mess around in cars or they blow up. Again small jumps. The parachuting parts can be frustrating because brody wants to drop the chute for no reason causing me to die.

2. Glitches. this game had terrible glitches. Funny thing I got the dive 60 meters achievement from falling in the game floor.

3. Co op. It sucks in this game. every level is the same. Go through a village plant a bomb repair and deffend a vehicle Blah Blah. Several glitches forced me to restart the level and one kicked us from the level. The worst part is in co op you have to play it all guns blazing. I play stealthy in sp. Imagine a splinter cell game were you have no stealth in co op. No thanks.

4. Pointless collectibles. Memory cards. letters. relics. None added anything to the game. the bad physics shined in this department. Some relics were glitched. I guess that's why glitchy soft only made 60 the achievement cap.

5. Repeatitive. I had to take a lot of breaks from this game. It really starts getting boring half way through. I swear gta 4 was less repeatitive.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #194
Lord Revan

the SCHWARTZ 00's Gamercard
Those are some serious negatives. 9/10 sounds awfully generous. I think you're really closer to a 7/10 with those complaints.

I agree. I'm halfway through the game and it's getting pretty boring. Same shit. Liberate outpost, sneak around, etc. The skill tree is worthless. Only a handful of them are actually useful and the rest just seem like filler. Why would you introduce Heavies before even giving me the fucking takedown skill for them? Makes no sense.
Lord Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #195
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This thread is enlightening. I have this game, but thinking about just trading it in instead of playing it. Don't want to waste my time after reading everyone's complaints...
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 AM   #196
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
This thread is enlightening. I have this game, but thinking about just trading it in instead of playing it. Don't want to waste my time after reading everyone's complaints...
Play it. The problem with reading bitching threads is you get exclusively negativity. This is a great game.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #197
hdub29

hdub29's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giptuc View Post
YES. Hahaha I have absolutely no issues with this game except for the stupid path of the hunter missions that'require you to kill big cats with the bow. The bastards just run around like crazy
Can't agree more!

Absolutely loved this game other than those big cats!!
hdub29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #198
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
The randoms in online co-op are fucking stupid. Like holy shit, if there are armored enemies rushing you and flamethrower guys marching up, don't pick the sniper rifle and pistol. It's going to do fuck all against them as they take you down quickly. Repeating the same section five times because you keep picking the same loadout is very irritating. In fact, don't try to stealth the co-op mode at all. Just choose the machine gun and go to town.

Also, IDK what idiot at Ubisoft thought it would be a good idea to not put chapter select for co-op mode when playing online. I don't want to have to wait for the game to put me in a lobby. Just give the option from the start. it saves a lot of time and patience.