PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Portal 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Post Professor Portal - Explained.

Professor Portal 75
After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before

What you must do beforehand
  • Complete all six stages of the co-operative campaign
  • Have the person you will be playing with on your friends list
Now you have to find a friend who hasn't played the co-op campaign before and just complete calibration course with them, and the achievement will unlock for you.

If you cannot find a friend who has not played before then ask them to create a new account/upgrade their silver account to a gold membership account, then proceed as normal.

You Cannot:
  • Gain this achievement over split-screen
  • Move your save to another device and start a 'new' save

To find other members for this achievement see Here
Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexalder
Can I complete the co-op split screen then play the calibration course online? If yes, put it in the guide, it is very useful
Thanks.
Yeah you can still unlock the achievement this way.

Last edited by Agent Aero; 04-23-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Agent Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
xcrimsonlegendx

xcrimsonlegendx's Gamercard
Thought it was pretty self explanatory. o.o
xcrimsonlegendx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
It seems that way, but there are a few discrepancies.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One of the stupidest cheeves ever.

"If you cannot find a friend who has not played before then ask them to create a new account/upgrade their silver account to a gold membership account, then proceed as normal."

What? So for 75gs, someone needs to create a new account, and pay for a month of gold? Stupid.

Aside from being a stupid achievement, it's WAY too much GS. 10-15, but 75? ... stupid.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Jagged 88

Jagged88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's allot easier if you play split screen and your buddy can sign in as the guest > complete all the challenges.> Then play with your friend on xbox live.> Then one of you is bound to have a 48 hour gold xbox live card so your friend can get it with an account you make with the gold card.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
JoshuaB81285

JoshBlizzle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
What? So for 75gs, someone needs to create a new account, and pay for a month of gold? Stupid.
When you create a new Xbox Live account...the first month of Gold is free, so basically you could just have a friend create a new account with a random e-mail address, and they get a month free of XBL, not really much of a hassle.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #7
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
This is why I hate multiplayer achievements. Because most of the them require you to do dumb stuff like this, and you usually cannot get them from simply playing the game.

Still, this one takes the cake for dumbest achievement ever.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
Dropship dude

Lord British's Gamercard
They have to be on your friends list? Oh for the love of...

THAT's why it didn't unlock for me. GREAT!
Dropship dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #9
chrishaney23

NY Yankees 23 2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronsky View Post
This is why I hate multiplayer achievements. Because most of the them require you to do dumb stuff like this, and you usually cannot get them from simply playing the game.
I completely agree on MP achievements but after playing Crysis 2 for their MP achieves... i would gladly anyday of the week have to just make another account right quick to 1000 this game rather than waiting 6 months to get a 1000 on Crysis 2. This is a stupid achieve yes, but in the end, very easy and not as big a problem as people are making it out to be. If anybody wants to scream about MP achieves, including myself, look no further than EA. They are looking to bury achievement whores. Its just gonna get worse from Crysis 2 on. Mark my words !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronsky View Post
Still, this one takes the cake for dumbest achievement ever.
Again I have to say Crysis 2 has the dumbest achieve ever (other than that Brother in Arms achieve where you have to play Sept 22nd or sumthin like that). You have to play online 6 months afte your first time playing online. Thats just ridiculously stupid. Now i gotta wait til late September, early October to get 1000. WTF? STUPID !!!!!

Last edited by chrishaney23; 04-23-2011 at 04:21 AM.
chrishaney23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #10
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

why couldnt they just make this and the hugs one split screen capable...
Old 04-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #11
Sabian187

Sabian187's Gamercard
Stupid

Doesn't this mean that if every single person in the world plays this game in order, 1 person will still not be able to get the achievement? Thats retarded.
Sabian187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 AM   #12
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian187 View Post
Doesn't this mean that if every single person in the world plays this game in order, 1 person will still not be able to get the achievement? Thats retarded.
not if you cheat the system by making a starter gold account for your friend that hasn't beat the game that won't actually play the whole thing.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Sorry for this stupid question but what is the calibration test? Is it the thing where you pick your favorite animal and element? How far do you have to progress in order to unlock this?

Thank you Audacious for the sig

Last edited by jamie1000013; 04-24-2011 at 11:28 AM.
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Sorry for this stupid question but what is the calibration test is it the thing where you pick your favorite animal and element? How far do you have to progress in order to unlock this?
the calibration course is the level that comes before you get to the HUD, the animal and element is part of it but it also includes everything until she drops the confetti.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
Jozan

Jones AA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
the calibration course is the level that comes before you get to the HUD, the animal and element is part of it but it also includes everything until she drops the confetti.
Or HUB as it were.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
IceStormDragoon

IceStormDragoon's Gamercard
So... stupid question.. If I have done the offline calibration course, does that exclude me from being able to help someone get the Prof Portal achieve? I haven't played online at all though.
IceStormDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceStormDragoon View Post
So... stupid question.. If I have done the offline calibration course, does that exclude me from being able to help someone get the Prof Portal achieve? I haven't played online at all though.
No, you won't be able to help somebody else get the achievement.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
IceStormDragoon

IceStormDragoon's Gamercard
Yeeah.. Just found out the hard way. That's quite disappointing.

Also, thanks for the reply.
IceStormDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
Rodeo Legend

Rodeo Legend's Gamercard
too many catches in this achievement.
Rodeo Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
Getodragonxx

Bullshit

So I just tried getting this achievement by finding someone completely random and during the cutscene of the robots being made, I added that person through recent players. Then I completed the course and NO achievement what so ever. I also hugged about 4 people that were on my friend's list. Still no achievement.
Getodragonxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #21
Guy akaAnon

Guy akaAnon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getodragonxx View Post
So I just tried getting this achievement by finding someone completely random and during the cutscene of the robots being made, I added that person through recent players. Then I completed the course and NO achievement what so ever. I also hugged about 4 people that were on my friend's list. Still no achievement.
I think in both cases it has to be people on your friends list BEFORE you start the game from the xbox360 dashboard. Just guessing that might be the thing your forgetting.
Guy akaAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #22
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This thing certainly has way too many issues. How on Earth are you not suppose to boost this one? You'd need a really stupid friend who is just too stuborn to get the game.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #23
Whiistler

Whistlerama's Gamercard
Can you delete your save data and trick it into thinking your account hasn't played co-op?

I was thinking to get my friends second account to get me the achieve, then delete my data and get him the achievement. Would that work?
Whiistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiistler View Post
Can you delete your save data and trick it into thinking your account hasn't played co-op?

I was thinking to get my friends second account to get me the achieve, then delete my data and get him the achievement. Would that work?
No, that won't work. The only way for you to help him is if you have a spare 48-hour gold trial code lying around.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #25
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Shaun View Post
No, that won't work. The only way for you to help him is if you have a spare 48-hour gold trial code lying around.
Has anyone tried this after deleting the cache as well? Sorry in advance if that is a stupid question.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #26
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaaccummins View Post
Has anyone tried this after deleting the cache as well? Sorry in advance if that is a stupid question.
I have a feeling it's achievement based. There's an achievement and an award for completing co-op, so that's probably what it's checking.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #27
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Shaun View Post
I have a feeling it's achievement based. There's an achievement and an award for completing co-op, so that's probably what it's checking.
yeah it probably reads the high five achievement to see if you have started the game and the you saved science one to see if you have beat it.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
This is all sounding so very complicated.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
djellul

djellul's Gamercard
managed to find someone randomly starting co-op games with no high-five achievement, added him as friend then quit to the hub. then started calibration test + finished it = no achievement. did the same thing again someone with no high-five achievement added them before the video had even come on + finished = no achievement again! what am i doing wrong with this lame assed achievement
djellul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #30
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by djellul View Post
managed to find someone randomly starting co-op games with no high-five achievement, added him as friend then quit to the hub. then started calibration test + finished it = no achievement. did the same thing again someone with no high-five achievement added them before the video had even come on + finished = no achievement again! what am i doing wrong with this lame assed achievement
guess that means I'm wrong, probably has to start you out in the calibration course, not the HUB, for it to work.